Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I assume this means he did his medical and they’re just hashing out the transfer terms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I assume this means he did his medical and they’re just hashing out the transfer terms

Reporters in England are saying the above, that it was always planned for him to come over and do his medical and then go back. Flamengo is saying they agreed a permanent deal and then Arsenal tried to change it to a loan with an option to buy, so they had him return to Brazil. Tbh both sides are extremely believable.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

Reporters in England are saying the above, that it was always planned for him to come over and do his medical and then go back. Flamengo is saying they agreed a permanent deal and then Arsenal tried to change it to a loan with an option to buy, so they had him return to Brazil. Tbh both sides are extremely believable.

What I read was that the dispute was over how it was paid. Flamengo wanted the fee up front but Arsenal wanted it as 4m upfront and 4-5m in the summer. I find it bizarre he would have a medical before the fee was agreed.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
West Ham in actually buying a central midfielder shocker

https://twitter.com/slavia_eng/status/1221849203032444928?s=19

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Flamengo are saying Arsenal wanted to change the terms after the medical and the deal is off. Even if they saw something in the medical that gave them pause, this is peak Arsenal.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Akileese posted:

Flamengo are saying Arsenal wanted to change the terms after the medical and the deal is off. Even if they saw something in the medical that gave them pause, this is peak Arsenal.

I kinda think all of this was planned, they just wanted him to get a medical done in advance so negotiations could go to the end of the window, and Flamengo are using it as an opportunity to look like they're putting up a fight over an important player.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1221862461587980288

I'll loving believe it when I see it.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

My name is Antero Henrique. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

In all seriousness, what do you know about this guy? Was he good for PSG?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Brony Car posted:

Only that he's a DoF and as such Woodward won't have it.

Also the world's dumbest transfer saga drags on:

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1221873536224124928

E: lmao, ice burn from Sporting

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1221872335826743299

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lmao that a player would care that a transfer fee is “devaluing” them when all they really want is the fat new wage packet

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lmao that a player would care that a transfer fee is “devaluing” them when all they really want is the fat new wage packet

I have to say it's a real novel approach.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

West Ham in actually buying a central midfielder shocker

https://twitter.com/slavia_eng/status/1221849203032444928?s=19

This is unexpected, is he any good?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Bogan Krkic posted:

He's linked with West Ham.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Clubs should offer stupid poo poo that dumb footballers would like if you offered every promising young footballer a diamond encrusted giant replica of their FIFA card but with the rating as showing as really high with them in the new clubs kit I bet you'd get a few interested at least

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bogan Krkic posted:

There's no Youtube videos of him so all the people on Twitter who've known about the fine details of Czech football for years have absolutely no clue, lol.

Rumour is that Moyes himself made the approach to Slavia which is why all the usual suspects on Twitter were completely ignorant of the move - probably not a bad sign given the loving woeful state of our normal transfer infrastructure.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Players still care about the ratings they get in the sunday papers. Players care about a lot of dumb ego poo poo.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
isn't Saliba joining Arsenal in the summer? why bother with a 26 year old cb city shipped to brazil for <£2m?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

brasstassels posted:

isn't Saliba joining Arsenal in the summer? why bother with a 26 year old cb city shipped to brazil for <£2m?

Because if Saliba is good then that leaves us with at most two good center backs.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
bit of a stretch that a 26 year old that city shipped to brazil for <£2m will increase that number, no?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

He's had a couple of really good showings on the champions League, particularly against Inter. Big problem is that we have a habit of making really good players look really poo poo. However, I'm cautiously excited for a midfield of Rice/Soucek. Noble is right, he shouldn't be a regular starter at his age. There's talk of recalling Cullen as well to give us depth

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

No, I don't think it's a stretch to believe a player City didn't want could still improve Arsenal's defense. Have you seen our defense?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So United are looking to end January having signed zero (0) players despite needing many of them. If I were a betting man I'd put money on press briefings on an incoming DoF for real this time you guys, we mean it, and a huge summer spending spree, no really, why is everyone laughing, in 3... 2... 1...

"The Independent posted:

Manchester United to end transfer window empty-handed with pursuit of Bruno Fernandes set to fail
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was desperate to add a midfielder and a striker this month but is set to see pursuits for both come up short

Manchester United are prepared to close the window without a major signing, as their pursuits of Sporting’s Bruno Fernandes and a striker have stalled.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the hierarchy realise the need to boost the team and were intent on bringing in at least one signing, particularly a midfielder, but the situations have meant they may well end January without any new names.

A deal for Fernandes is at an impasse, with a huge difference between the two clubs’ valuation of the player. Some sources say there is a gap of up to £20m, and currently no sign of either side budging.

The pursuit of a striker has been even more complicated. Solskjaer wants to bring a player in after Marcus Rashford’s injury.

The Independent has been told that there was initial contact with Edinson Cavani and his camp, but that he prefers a move to Atletico Madrid.

Another option is AC Milan’s Krzysztof Piatek, but United would not be interested in a full purchase, as the Serie A club attempt to raise funds through the Polish international’s sale with Chelsea an option.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...y-a9304621.html

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It’s certainly awesome in a lol United way but isn’t Miguel Delaney trash tier?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
who cares about man utd any more we're about to be owned by saudi arabia and be funded by genocide money we'll become the main United

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Big Huski Boi posted:

No, I don't think it's a stretch to believe a player City didn't want could still improve Arsenal's defense. Have you seen our defense?

Would you take Otamendi, or Stones?

Probably yes but they're still bad

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Jose posted:

who cares about man utd any more we're about to be owned by saudi arabia and be funded by genocide money we'll become the main United

Hope the fat oval office chokes to death on his celebratory pasty

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Total Meatlove posted:

Hope the fat oval office chokes to death on his celebratory pasty

same but both of them

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose check out the NUFC reddit for some great takes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jose check out the NUFC reddit for some great takes

:hmmyes:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

pik_d posted:

Would you take Otamendi, or Stones?

Probably yes but they're still bad

Absolutely I would

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Big Huski Boi posted:

Absolutely I would

Seriously, I'd be really excited lol

I guess the wages and contract length they'd realistically get would have us regretting it before long, but a Stones or Otamendi on like a 2 year contract would be awesome, even if the wages are dumb.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

There's no Youtube videos of him so all the people on Twitter who've known about the fine details of Czech football for years have absolutely no clue, lol.

Rumour is that Moyes himself made the approach to Slavia which is why all the usual suspects on Twitter were completely ignorant of the move - probably not a bad sign given the loving woeful state of our normal transfer infrastructure.

Sounds like Moyesey has been playing Football Manager again

e. Allardyce has come out criticizing the West Ham transfer strategy of David Sullivan buying random strikers on a whim and then getting mad when they aren't any good. He'd just get a new player showing up for training one day without knowing anything about them, and just hope they'd actually be able to score. I know this definitely happened under Bilic as well, where the Montenegrin kid Haksabanoic showed up for training getting paid more money than half the first teamers, and was barely good enough for the u23s. What a fuckin' mess

https://talksport.com/football/661434/sam-allardyce-west-ham-transfer-strategy-david-sullivan-signings/

Bogan Krkic fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 28, 2020

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Brony Car posted:

My name is Antero Henrique. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Antero Henrique pulled off the Mbappe and Neymar transfers for PSG, but he also disbanded their Reserves team in a meltdown because the LFP refused to let PSG's reserve team be the only reserves team in France that could gain promotion and play in the National / Ligue 2. So he's a bit of a mixed bag, really.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

Absolutely I would

Have you seen Otamendi play? He’s shockingly bad. I understand the state of Arsenal’s defense but even I wouldn’t wish Otamendi on you

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Man City deserve to have Otamendi starting every game imo.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Lo Celso has permanently signed for spurs, eriksen is apparently very close for inter. Bergwijn also very close.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Jippa posted:

Lo Celso has permanently signed for spurs, eriksen is apparently very close for inter. Bergwijn also very close.

Eriksen is a done deal: https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1222142982117302272

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Good. His attitude when pushing for a transfer was shameful and I hope he's garbage at Inter.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
How was it different from the behavior of pretty much every player that wants a transfer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
The drop off in on-field effort was a bit extreme given he only started pushing to move after the CL final.

It's not like Spurs would have wanted to let him run down his contract and leave on a free; they were going to sell him over the summer or in this window no matter what.