Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

Got my modded GBA, came via Singapore. They don’t seem to be offering any more, which is weird and a shame as they work out to be roughly the same cost or a bit cheaper depending on where you live in the world and the cost of the original GBA to mod, plus you don’t need to solder.

If I didn’t live with cats, I wouldn’t have needed to worry about cat hair getting on the screen as I installed it, but I’m incredibly happy with my purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone noticed Chinese shipments stopping almost completely, perhaps due to the coronavirus lockdown? I made like 6 orders from different sellers on the 20th and most of them haven't shipped yet. It used to be that they almost always shipped during the next day or two.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

bougth

if my ears were pierced i'd be pretty into these tbh

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Nobody's shipping you anything during CNY, Coronavirus or not

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

knock off flesh light???

for a friend,....

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Hellacopter posted:

So these bracelets have generic, aspirational messages such as "BFF," "I Love You," and "Family," and of course the one Ali uses to advertise the listing is

I really want it.
My gently caress OFF bracelet arrived today; it took 17 days to arrive, including the 15 days it spent kicking around the States for some reason. It's well made, looks nice, and probably won't turn my wrist green. Mine came in a plastic bag, sans backing card (that tells you what it says and includes a Morse code guide). That didn't matter to me, but it might matter if you're getting one to give as a gift. That link worked for me, but it seems to be dead now. Try this one instead: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000598269359.html

Next up? BEST BITCHES and also possibly gently caress IT.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

A related product.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lmao sounds like grandma saw something cute on wish 3 or 4 months ago

https://wpde.com/news/local/hcpd-gives-all-clear-after-investigating-suspicious-package-from-china

quote:

Horry County police and Aynor police responded to a woman's home in Aynor around 10 a.m. Tuesday for a suspicious package Tuesday afternoon, according to HCPD spokesperson.

Jennifer Hinson said someone sent her 3-year-old granddaughter a package on Monday. She said the return address was from Wuhan, China, where the Coronavirus is said to have originated.

Hinson said the granddaughter's name was also spelled wrong. She said she called family and friends to see if someone sent her a package and no one did. She then alerted police because she said she was worried where the package came from.

"I didn't know, you know, if we were supposed to touch it, you know, that Coronavirus is pretty scary," said Hinson.

The bomb squad investigated and determined the item posed no threat, according to officials.

Officials said the package was turned over to the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

mobby_6kl posted:

Has anyone noticed Chinese shipments stopping almost completely, perhaps due to the coronavirus lockdown? I made like 6 orders from different sellers on the 20th and most of them haven't shipped yet. It used to be that they almost always shipped during the next day or two.

It's more likely due to CNY and the entire country being on vacation.

Along those lines I received something yesterday that I'd gotten a refund for in November because it never showed up. That's the third time this month!

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000093556262.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000023.3.4b2f6d9cOfKE1C

:thunk:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Look one post above yours....

edit: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...9f-1d89a4b76fb0

:yosbutt:

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jan 30, 2020

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

an unexpected result (possibly NWS)
https://i.imgur.com/K1yCfin.png

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Cable Guy posted:

Look one post above yours....

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

By popular demand posted:

an unexpected result (possibly NWS)
https://i.imgur.com/K1yCfin.png

They seem to love those things, they show up all the time

Miaou
Jun 13, 2008

This doesn't seem up to OSHA standards...

Edit: oh dear god

Miaou fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jan 30, 2020

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
I'm no doctor, but I am not sure this meets World Health Organisation standards:

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Shut up Meg posted:

I'm no doctor, but I am not sure this meets World Health Organisation standards:

I think this is meant to be a nosewarmer

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

SEKCobra posted:

I think this is meant to be a nosewarmer

Check out the video:
http://cloud.video.taobao.com/play/u/2675628091/p/1/e/6/t/1/212030096821.mp4

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000622028723.html

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I just received a meditation bell.

I had to think long and hard about this. Was this spiritual materialism?

In the end, I decided that I just wanted a way to signal the beginning and end of a meditation session. I have attended classes where bells are used for this purpose, and, compared to my home practice without this aid, found that is actually helps.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Shut up Meg posted:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Got a refund of 1.35 for my broken ear bottle. I think? They said I did. I don't seem to actually have any money yet.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Any e-reader recommendations?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kindles

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The only bad thing about kindles is that it doesn't autoconvert epub

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I just read on my phone using aldiko

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aldiko.android

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Pick posted:

Any e-reader recommendations?

Kobo H20 is a solid choice

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Android-based e-readers that don't cost an arm and a leg have been around the corner for years, and by that I mean "probably some time around 2020/2021".

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Kindle. I have a paperwhite and it's very good

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

The only bad thing about kindles is that it doesn't autoconvert epub

get Calibre to convert anything to anything else for free

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

magic worms make the ideal gift for anyone, including your own cat. the magic is strong, easy to learn fun, use your imagination, the magic of fun to share with your partner. It can also be used as a toy for your cat. Your cat will never get bored again chasing the same old feather or even worm. very cute for you to have much fun. you will have a variety of different colors of magic worms, vibrant and lovely to meet different people's color preferences. Two eyes make it look vivid

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
aren't those the things that wind their way up your fingers and poo poo? I remember seeing commercials for them they look rad as gently caress

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i mean they're actually just on a fishing wire you tuck into your pants to keep taut but yeah they're hella fun for the price (12c apparently)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
tumblr is loving obsessed with these

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Oh that's lame if it's fishing line. I mean, once you know how it works it's not as magical. That's how my husband ruined the Puppetry of the Penis Broadway show for me. I literally thought they had magic penii.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Re: e-readers Nook has been my preference over Kindle, larger bezel makes it nicer to hold, device is rock solid. Compatible with more file types, although that's a bit moot since you're going to want to use Calibre anyways.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DrHammond posted:

Re: e-readers Nook has been my preference over Kindle, larger bezel makes it nicer to hold, device is rock solid. Compatible with more file types, although that's a bit moot since you're going to want to use Calibre anyways.

I already use Calibre for reading e-books on my PC but I'd like to have it for when I'm lying down since I have horrible bone problems :downs:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I got a Kindle Paperwhite a couple of years ago and other than being Amazon locked to other apps I have no complaints.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Pick posted:

I already use Calibre for reading e-books on my PC but I'd like to have it for when I'm lying down since I have horrible bone problems :downs:

I think DrHammond is more referring to the fact that Calibre can bulk-convert books over to a kindle-compatible format very easily.

By popular demand posted:

I got a Kindle Paperwhite a couple of years ago and other than being Amazon locked to other apps I have no complaints.

Ditto, had one for years. Just drop it into airplane mode and it lasts for ages on standby too.
They're good devices, and if money is the primary concern you can probably get a secondhand one for a fraction of the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

What's the verdict troops - a badger shaving brush from Aliexpress?

Good idea / bad idea?