Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

xtothez posted:

Assuming PA6 = Orks & Space Wolves

Assassins weren't on the original faction list but there's no reason GW can't reprint their rules like they did with Ynnari.

That leaves:
  • Custodes
  • Deathwatch
  • Sisters
  • Harlequins
  • Necrons
  • Death Guard

Looks like at least two more books after PA7.

I thought about it some more--it seems the book target length is 80 pages.
If one PA is DG, DW, and Necrons, the other could be Harlequins, Custodes, and the WD material on Assassins and Sisters of Silence. It'd be tough for that second book to hit 80 pages, and I don't think it has an anchor to move copies. Really depends on if DW gets the Phobos treatment. If they do, DW+Necrons would be a similar release to Blood of Baal, and DG could be shifted to the next book. Who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

JackMann posted:

Quick rules question.

So, I'm playing Iron Hands. Let's say I decide to use the Eisenhorn model I've had sitting around primed for ages. So far so good, Authority of the Inquisition lets him jump in there without disrupting chapter tactics or doctrines.

However, let's say he decides to summon his daemonhost. The daemonhost doesn't have that rule. Doesn't he cause them to lose doctrines, since there is now a unit that doesn't have Angels of Death? Moreover, since the daemonhost isn't in a detachment, doesn't that cause the army as a whole to lose battleforged, losing you chapter tactics and the ability to use any stratagems?

I’m fairly certain that summoning specifically does not break that type of thing. Combat Doctrines and the like are checked for when you lock in your list; setting aside a pool of points for summoning does not impact this nor do the status of units once the game begins. It’s similar to how Death Guard lose their special army rules if you take daemons from their own codex, but not if you summon those same daemons in.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zaphod42 posted:

What rule? This is different I think.

I'm fully expecting them so sell the kellermorph in a blister, they'd be assholes not to. (Not that GW doesn't do that poo poo)

Just the loose rule they seem to have of releasing one model per PA. I know they’ll eventually do it, but releasing it at the same time as the GSC PA book seems like a good idea.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

PinheadSlim posted:

Looks like a right arm to me, from the back of the model. But these pictures never show the backs of models, so you're right, it's gotta be the left arm.

But then again what kind of monster wears their wrist watch on the right arm?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Just the loose rule they seem to have of releasing one model per PA. I know they’ll eventually do it, but releasing it at the same time as the GSC PA book seems like a good idea.

Well, if that's a rule, its "we'll release one new model for the PA faction" not "if you're in PA you ONLY get one model this year"

They do have him and haven't released him solo yet so could be holding him back for that purpose, yeah. But there's nothing stopping them releasing a single figure for GSC as the PA cover figure, and just dropping the kelermorph on the side. :shrug:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Eifert Posting posted:

Traditionally women wore wristwatches on their right arm.

Does this mean this is potentially a buff Catachan woman colonel with arms thicker than an ork's? That would actually be amazing so the answer is no.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

If that lump on the arm is an elbow, the proportions seem like we could be looking at a ratling or squat.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

moths posted:

or squat.

Ugh don't get my hopes up like that...

I've been sad about Squats not being in 40k since I bought my first models when I was 10 years old.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Two have already made it back to Necromunda, so...

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Eifert Posting posted:

it's a traitor guard!

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Plus, you know, the Zoats are back.

In my mind the ratling models are new but that's because they were new towards when I finished playing 40k. I think their models are still pretty good, but they are mostly shirt sleeve free so maybe it's like a ratling special character, but then Raus and Rein exist so not entirely convinced there's a need for another one.

the fart question posted:

it's a traitor guard!

I look forward to the short story about a vindicare assassin waiting to kill a target if they've turned traitor and there's no sign they are a traitor until they see their watch is on the right arm and they blow their brains out.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Kitchner posted:

Big 40K at that scale is probably going to be worse than apocalypse because apoclypse is designed to be faster for big armies just FYI.

Yes, I anticipate it will be a miserable slog. My friend has always wanted to play a huge game, so I'm just going to roll with it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Isn't there already some guard commander with similar goggles? Could swear that looks familiar....

...could be GSC too...

Cadian Heavy Weapons Squads have similar looking googles? But I swear I've seen them somewhere else too...

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Honestly if they brought back Squats I probably wouldn't love how GW today would make them. I fell in love with rogue trader era squats, they were punkhammer as gently caress I mean just look at this poo poo

I just don't see GW ever committing to anything this cool ever again.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Took some friend's feedback, did a little tidying, but felt much prouder of myself for a first model in two years.

E: Guess I'm doing Kill Team now because ffuuuuuck doing a whole army again.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Shockeh posted:

Took some friend's feedback, did a little tidying, but felt much prouder of myself for a first model in two years.

E: Guess I'm doing Kill Team now because ffuuuuuck doing a whole army again.

Yeah looks sick. The base edge colour is a smart choice.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

PinheadSlim posted:

Honestly if they brought back Squats I probably wouldn't love how GW today would make them. I fell in love with rogue trader era squats, they were punkhammer as gently caress I mean just look at this poo poo

I just don't see GW ever committing to anything this cool ever again.

*cough cough*
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/searchResults?_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=6028520537320958895&qty=&sorting=&view=&Ntt=squat

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

PinheadSlim posted:

Looks like a right arm to me, from the back of the model. But these pictures never show the backs of models, so you're right, it's gotta be the left arm.

Except for the one of Ghazzy was his back, unless I misunderstand your meaning.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Can't just post those guys without their names.

Grendl Grendlsen and Ragnir Gunnstein.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Yeah these are part of the reason I think I wouldn't be satisfied with a larger 40k release. These don't invoke the feeling of Squats at all to me, especially the second one.

What I'm really worried about is the attitude that they'd give them. Judging by those two models alone Squats are just generic sci-fi dwarves, another shade of grey in the grimdarkness of the far future. If they have the personality of Rogue Trader era squats then that helps, but there's absolutely nothing that conveys that. Not even a single solitary cigar.

Just look at the faces of the ones in the art I posted. They're intense, they look angry as hell on the battlefield and smarmy off it. Those two models just look bored. What's worse is these models are for Necromunda, a game all about that old Punkhammer feeling full of crazy colorful characters, and this is all they could come up with?

Edit : In case you're wondering I am totally aware that my Squat opinions are specific and weird

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 28, 2020

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

IDK I think those sculpts are rad

Some orks have cigars but not all orks do...

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Games Workshop has to know that if they ever rebooted squats they’d sell out the product line entirely for the first year.

Ditto if they ever brought Skaven to 40k. I can’t see them ever adding a new army though. Surprised Sisters got a real codex and plastics tbh.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

new IG champion is gonna be Marbo w/ New Hat

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

An IG commander who rides around in a sentinel. Calling it now.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Guard shares a book with T'au, T'au are getting new Shadowsun. This book is probably hitting pre-order in less than three weeks, the odds of an IG character also showing up with no fanfare whatsoever seems... low.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Gameko posted:

Games Workshop has to know that if they ever rebooted squats they’d sell out the product line entirely for the first year.

Ditto if they ever brought Skaven to 40k. I can’t see them ever adding a new army though. Surprised Sisters got a real codex and plastics tbh.

If GSC weren't a thing we'd probably have rats and as my lab tech friend used to say: "say what you want about this countries politics but forty dollars gets you an almost irresponsible amount of rats"

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
Just some more Genestealers:

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
So I'm getting pretty sick of getting my Dragoon and Dunecrawler's antenna's snapped in foam almost every time I want to transport them and looking at those batwinged jump infantry and the new flyer has me cringing on how the hell I'm going to carry it around without every bit snapping off. Anyone got a good method of transporting AdMech armies/armies with fragile bits? Considering just getting some stackable plastic storage containers, some sheet metal, and some good sized magnets to super glue under the bases.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Funktastic posted:

So I'm getting pretty sick of getting my Dragoon and Dunecrawler's antenna's snapped in foam almost every time I want to transport them and looking at those batwinged jump infantry and the new flyer has me cringing on how the hell I'm going to carry it around without every bit snapping off. Anyone got a good method of transporting AdMech armies/armies with fragile bits? Considering just getting some stackable plastic storage containers, some sheet metal, and some good sized magnets to super glue under the bases.

I use magnets with cookie tins.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Mr. Funktastic posted:

I use the cheapest pluck foam and cheap document boxes with a lining of bubble wrap. It's worked well so far.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Any tips for taking out demon primarchs with orks? Fighting one in each of my upcoming league games, a mortarian and a magnus

So far my only plan is to point everything at them turn one and burn out my CP alpha striking them.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Finally got around to painting up the bunch of character models that have been sitting around for a year plus.

(will finish basing them after this Neophyte squad that's next up)

Mr. Funktastic posted:

So I'm getting pretty sick of getting my Dragoon and Dunecrawler's antenna's snapped in foam almost every time I want to transport them and looking at those batwinged jump infantry and the new flyer has me cringing on how the hell I'm going to carry it around without every bit snapping off.

Oh man I feel that. Around when I first started my AdMech, I did a business trip with a primed start collecting box and some paints as my hotel was stuck in the middle of nowhere. Despite being carefully placed in bubblewrap half the drat guns & aerials were still bent or broke by the time I'd flown home. Never mind Xenos, nothing kills AdMech faster than baggage handlers.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Seldom Posts posted:

I use magnets with cookie tins.

I've found metal lunch boxes are the perfect size for dragoons.

Two Headed Calf
Feb 22, 2005

Better than One
I finished my converted Tzeentch Cultists :toot:

Album: https://imgur.com/gallery/V100gwG

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Two Headed Calf posted:

rad as hell my dude

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Hixson posted:

How’d y’all do in the LVO 40k GT?

We had a mix of 4-2 and 3-3 results, which is decent. Also thanks to the delay on day 1 I now qualify for US citizenship, so that's nice.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
Those Tzeentch cultists remind me of the bad guys from Dark City.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Corrode posted:

We had a mix of 4-2 and 3-3 results, which is decent. Also thanks to the delay on day 1 I now qualify for US citizenship, so that's nice.

4-2 seems really impressive! Good job!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Two Headed Calf posted:

Mac Tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
So after years of reading this thread I got my old Warhammer stuff from my parents attic and I've been slowly picking away at Beastmen old enough to vote and thinking about getting back into 40k. I played a bit of 3rd when it came out and then tried to get back into 5th but TBH after hours of painstaking Veteran Sergeant conversions 6th launched before I got a game in and all that hard work seemed pretty poo poo.

Reading Goonhammer got me thinking about pulling my old Marines out and trying to fix the painting but I wasn't feeling it. Then Start Competing Thousand Sons and the Psychic Awakening articles came out and this arrived on Tuesday.

I forgot how fiddly Games Workshop gets but I have 20 Tzaangors sat waiting for the primer to dry. Had fun, the mold lines are miles better than the last thing I assembled (1st gen Mantic Enforcers in resin). I have no bloody clue how I'm basing all this but I'm looking forward to the painting.

Any good guides on magnetising Hellbrutes around?