Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Agronox posted:

I wonder why Osaragi is smiling at the end there like that.

Osaragi has always been wary about Iino developing a crush on Ishigami, she doesn't really ship the two of them and presumably worries that it might end up breaking Iino's heart or whatever. As a result she's generally shown more approval of Ishigami x Tsubame.

As such, Ishigami acting on his interests and working up the nerve to ask Tsubame out is in line with her wishes.

EDIT: A good amount of context can be found in that chapter where she and Rei visit Iino's house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
great chapter

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

There are mixed messages re: Ishigami and Iino. On one hand, in the real world they would probably be a bad pairing given Iino's issues (though so would literally any pairing on Iino's end, and at least Ishigami is a decent person), but on the other hand the story seems to have emphasized that 1. Ishigami cares for Iino and 2. they share interests and actually get along well when Ishigami acts nice. I'm not sure if I agree with the "Iino likes Ishigami because he's like Snape" thing, since she doesnt seem to actually like him being prickly and was happy when he was nicer.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Fujiwara's never ending nightmare continues. Seriously that girl is just taking L after L.

She's gonna snap soon.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Super Jay Mann posted:

PTSD Fujiwara will never not be hilarious.

Prez Training Stress Disorder.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The way I read it is that, after the advice from Papagane, Tsubame's decided to give Ishigami's feelings a shot and at least treat them with serious respect. How it'll turn out is a mystery.

Iino and possibly the rest of the StuCo are gonna shadow Ishigami's date though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I support Ishigami x Tsubame.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

It's rough being a single mother. Doubly so when your kid enters their rebellious teenager phase.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I can hear Chika doing the "Saigon... poo poo, I'm still only in Saigon" monologue from Apocalypse Now when Prez enters

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Super Jay Mann posted:

PTSD Fujiwara will never not be hilarious.
The worst of it is that, yes, Prez is an atrocious learner on anything not academia-related, but she could've just walked away.

Walk away, Fujiwara! Break the cycle of self-abuse. Let the doofus Prez be awful.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
It's one thing to be awful at something, but it's another to be so atrocious that your friend's standards are lowered to the point where an ant has to crouch to walk under them.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I thought Onodera's (somewhat) wide-eyed reaction to Ishigami's prowess was interesting too. Sometimes she seems like the kuudere friend who eventually reveals that she liked the guy the whole time, but only after it's too late.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Supersonic Shine posted:

It's one thing to be awful at something, but it's another to be so atrocious that your friend's standards are lowered to the point where an ant has to crouch to walk under them.
Okay, fair.

Also it's hilarious that most characters seem to be getting some development going forward (like the Prez and Kaguya allowing themselves to show vulnerability with each other), but Chika just seems to be actively getting worse as a person.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
"Are you a prodigy?"

Freaking brilliant.

At this point I think they make Fujiwara be vile because we'd feel bad for her otherwise.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Mirage posted:

I thought Onodera's (somewhat) wide-eyed reaction to Ishigami's prowess was interesting too. Sometimes she seems like the kuudere friend who eventually reveals that she liked the guy the whole time, but only after it's too late.
I've downgraded Onodera to 'observer status' ever since her chapter w/ Kaguya where she admitted she used to blindly spread nasty rumors and even poo poo-talked both Iino & Ishigami behind their backs. It feels like since then, she has stakes in both characters' happiness and sees the possibility of them being a good couple, the opposite of Osaragi

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

https://mangadex.org/chapter/798305/6 weird chapter this week

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Edit: Wrong new chapter.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 5, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Even within fanworks Fujiwara has become 2nd or 3rd fiddle. :cawg:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/1225011215589502976

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
What do the little placards say?

I'm assuming the small one is 'How cute...' and the bigger red one being... "BUT THAT WAS A LIE!"?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
No Kaguya-chan, no sale.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
What magical martial arts techniques tricky, underhanded plots will Aka pull out next?!

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Crasical posted:

What do the little placards say?

I'm assuming the small one is 'How cute...' and the bigger red one being... "BUT THAT WAS A LIE!"?

you're right on the first one. For the second the kana say mariaju, so I think it's Marriage (of Kaguya and cat ears)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
MARRIAGE!!----

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Her ultimate plan is revealed! She arranged for herself and Prez to be secretly married without him realising, and divorce costs money! He'll have to confess by remaining her husband!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

New Chapter is out

Hayasaka chapters are always good.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

:geno: "Alright Stop"
:mad: "You utter fool"
:) "Whoever came up with this has never been on a da--" :gibs:

And the Plot thickens! :monocle:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

YOU UTTER FOOL

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

It's time to theorize why exactly Hayasaka is getting dismissed. And why the field trip is in Kyoto.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ugh JB is down, is there anywhere else to read it

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Dabir posted:

ugh JB is down, is there anywhere else to read it

guya.moe?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

aha, thanks

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

This plan radiates thirst.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
A painful double-L for Hayasaka this chapter. First another lovesick fool tears down her intricate fantasies and then she's told she might lose her job.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, I haven't read the raw version, but from the phrasing Ai-chan is using she more or less knew it was in the cards. Still probably hurts, since Kaguya is more or less like her little sister.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Being Hayasaka Is Suffering indeed :(

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Also, no chapter next week.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Interview with Aka-sensei: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrEJ9lR0frk

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

An English-translated interview transcript:

https://guya.moe/pages/livedoor-aka-akasaka-interview/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777