Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

bewbies posted:

have no idea which one of those two guys is a pro footballer

I'm sure that Homer Simpson t-shirt is a $5K boutique item

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1222644466915381249?s=19

bit out of nowhere but he told Levy he wanted to leave as soon as possible so Levy probably just took the first offer that came in

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
well we're playing matt ritchie there currently after both of our wing backs crocked themselves for the season so rip Rose

funny that the press never bring up players who played for sunderland being an issue but thats what it was with bruce rather than just he's been a bit of a poo poo manager

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

well we're playing matt ritchie there currently after both of our wing backs crocked themselves for the season so rip Rose

funny that the press never bring up players who played for sunderland being an issue but thats what it was with bruce rather than just he's been a bit of a poo poo manager

Dummett is so bad at wb

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Dummett is so bad at wb

he's a centre back really. can't go forward for poo poo which can work at left back but not at wing back. look at wan-bissaka for man utd

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
None of Juve's transfers that seemed like almost sure things a few days ago are going to happen, it seems. The De Sciglio for Kurzawa deal is dead, the Pjaca move to Cagliari is dead, and Juve are holding out for €30m for Emre Can, but Dortmund aren't interested at that price.

It's mostly about clearing out dead weight and balancing the books, but it sounds like that is a fairly urgent need for FFP.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Sandwolf posted:

I think I speak for everyone who doesn’t support United in that we cannot wait for him to inevitably fail.

:hmmyes:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

brasstassels posted:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1222644466915381249?s=19

bit out of nowhere but he told Levy he wanted to leave as soon as possible so Levy probably just took the first offer that came in

Rose has said that he wasn't leaving until his contract was up in 2021, but Mourinho clearly doesn't rate him so I guess that added a reason to leave.

quote:

Rose now maintains he has no intention of leaving the club before the end of his current contract in June 2021, when the defender will become a free agent.

“It’s pretty obvious what happened [in the summer]. People upstairs at Tottenham were trying to do what they were trying to do. I’ve said [to them] I’ve got 18 months left on my contract and I’m not going anywhere until my contract has finished,” Rose told the Evening Standard.

“In January, you are probably going to hear something [about my future]. I’m telling you right now that I’m not going anywhere until my contract is finished. Daniel Levy told me in the summer there was no new contract for me at Tottenham, which is fine. I respect that. We move on. My contract is up in 18 months’ time and I’ll leave the football club then. People [in the media] can save their time – trying to get stuff ready for January about me being sold. Because I can tell you now: it ain’t happening. I know what people were trying to do in the summer. There were no bids – that was rubbish.”

He has talked for some time now about wanting to move back to the North East, so it doesn't really leave a lot of clubs for him to go to.

I hope this means Spurs are bringing in a left back though, otherwise it is Ben Davies and well, Vertonghen or young boy Tanganga playing out of position.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
i'm not sure why but if the giroud rumours are true as well it's going to be very weird seeing him and rose in a newcastle shirt

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
https://twitter.com/Prof_Chadwick/status/1222750433317400576

every january, same crap

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

brocked posted:

I'm sure that Homer Simpson t-shirt is a $5K boutique item

That picture of the Spanish player in the £900 cat food T-shirt at Disneyland

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Total Meatlove posted:

That picture of the Spanish player in the £900 cat food T-shirt at Disneyland

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Marco Rojo has gone on loan to Estudiantes

https://twitter.com/EdelpOficial/status/1222862682744856577

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11921706/pierre-emile-hojbjerg-tottenham-want-southampton-captain-in-late-move

quote:

Tottenham are hoping to pull off an audacious late move for Southampton captain Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Spurs chiefs have started in their efforts to lure the Denmark international to north London on Thursday with Arsenal and Everton also understood to be keen on the 24-year-old.

Hojbjerg has played a pivotal role in Southampton's recent revival and boss Ralph Hasenhuttl will not want to lose him, meaning a deal may be more likely in the summer.

hmmmmmm

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

trem_two posted:

None of Juve's transfers that seemed like almost sure things a few days ago are going to happen, it seems. The De Sciglio for Kurzawa deal is dead, the Pjaca move to Cagliari is dead, and Juve are holding out for €30m for Emre Can, but Dortmund aren't interested at that price.

It's mostly about clearing out dead weight and balancing the books, but it sounds like that is a fairly urgent need for FFP.

tbh Juve should probably be paying Dortmund 30m to get rid of Emre Can

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/KVCWesterlo/status/1222883663198724101?s=20

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

"English club Swansea City"

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Good bit of business imo.

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1222896382589075460

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

For Palace or Hull?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

pik_d posted:

For Palace or Hull?

For Palace.

He scored 22 goals last season in the championship and has 16 in this season. As a winger.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

MrBling posted:

For Palace.

He scored 22 goals last season in the championship and has 16 in this season. As a winger.

So who's buying him for £60 million in 6-18 months?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pik_d posted:

So who's buying him for £60 million in 6-18 months?

Hello.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

So who's buying him for £20 million after this inevitable flop.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pik_d posted:

Palace.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What the fuxk. Apparently boro are signing ravel Morrison lol

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Bowen is a super smashing grand player.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

pik_d posted:

Going on recent trends. Inter

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Bape Culture posted:

What the fuxk. Apparently boro are signing ravel Morrison lol

he's an absolute wasteman OP

though on Redcafe there are still people who think he will be a top, top player, lol

anyway Bruno Fernandes to United is now a done deal

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-complete-the-signing-of-bruno-fernandes-from-sporting

Never seen the lad play but I'm sure he's amazing

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Who is Fernandes supposed to supplant? Pogba? Fred? Matic? Lingard?

vyelkin posted:

tbh Juve should probably be paying Dortmund 30m to get rid of Emre Can

You really hate Emre. It makes me sad.

Given that Juve got the guy for free, I don’t see any good coming from getting too greedy about the price.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Brony Car posted:

Lingard I'd assume at this point.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Brony Car posted:

Lingard definitely. He's an attacking midfielder, and considering the current situation Solskjaer will probably use a midfield of Matic, Fred and Fernandes, with Matic as the defensive midfielder, Fernandes in a more attacking role, and Fred as a bit of both.

E: in the long term it'll be interesting. The general opinion was that it'd be Fred and McTominay as the two midfielders with Pogba in a more attacking role, but now who knows. Then again Pogba could be gone in the summer and might well be injured until then so vOv

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 30, 2020

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1222950508375220224

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Brony Car posted:

You really hate Emre. It makes me sad.

Given that Juve got the guy for free, I don’t see any good coming from getting too greedy about the price.

They paid a ridiculous amount on agent fees and a signing bonus.

In related news, this is allegedly helping facilitate Can's move to Dortmund.

https://twitter.com/BlackYellow/status/1222936447524708352

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Milan are close to signing (or have signed depending on which rag you read) Alexis Saelemaekers from Anderlecht. Any Belges know anything about him? He's gonna be backup to Castillejo, basically Suso's replacement. Deal is reportedly loan with option for 3.5 mil.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

trem_two posted:

They paid a ridiculous amount on agent fees and a signing bonus.

In related news, this is allegedly helping facilitate Can's move to Dortmund.

https://twitter.com/BlackYellow/status/1222936447524708352

Has he been bad this season? That's a shockingly low price, and while Villareal is no slouch, I would've expected to see him signing with one of the big three, or at least Valencia or Sevilla.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

Lingard definitely.

From what I gather our interest in Fernandes is as a direct replacement for Pogba (and why we were looking at him last summer then cooled off when no offers came for Pogba) though yeah right now he'll probably end up either deployed as a 10, or we switch to 4-3-3 and have Matic just behind Fernandes and Fred.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

curried lamb of God posted:

Has he been bad this season? That's a shockingly low price, and while Villareal is no slouch, I would've expected to see him signing with one of the big three, or at least Valencia or Sevilla.

Injuries might have scared bigger clubs away. His goals+assist record is really good as are his g+a/minutes played, but his actual total minutes played since arriving at Dortmund and especially this season is very low. In 1.5 seasons at Dortmund he's had a bunch of injuries and he's only 26. Even if they don't keep him completely out that long, they're still severely limiting his gametime. For example, if you look at transfermarkt it'll say he only missed 7 games since his september injury, but that only accounts for fully missed games and not the fact he has played barely 130 minutes as a sub since then - even if he didn't straight-up miss these games he clearly wasn't super fit.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Looks like West Ham have hijacked it

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1223149541945376769?s=19

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Not quite sure why he want to go straight back to the championship...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Brighton apparently signing Tariq Lamptey from Chelsea after he refused to sign a new deal. Could be good business, he looked good against Arsenal when he came on in the 2-1 win *insert joke about Arsenal being terrible*