Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
One of the big vectors of transmission is fomite, which is everywhere when someone's hacking up their lungs. Tossing a body into a bag and burning it all up makes sure there's no risk that your funeral home and mourners don't get infected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I was just in the International check in area at LAX.

Every ticket agent has a mask on for every airline. The wheel chair pushers have masks. Nearly everyone in the terminal had masks on ( except it seemed like the Hispanic travelers).

RIP me.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

slap me and kiss me posted:

One of the big vectors of transmission is fomite, which is everywhere when someone's hacking up their lungs. Tossing a body into a bag and burning it all up makes sure there's no risk that your funeral home and mourners don't get infected.

I didn't realize Fortnite was that bad

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also TSA screeners are not allowed to wear masks until they go through a special training and get them issued to them lol.

It’s probably like a 1 hour course but still they dont even have the option to wear their own.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

That’s what I do to your mom every Thursday night.

Thank you for your service

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

slap me and kiss me posted:

Fair enough, I was not aware of that but it makes more sense if the bodies can possibly cause other infections

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1223832009207963648?s=19

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol
Fuckin
RIP

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

How do you book that ticket from the us?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Bip Roberts posted:

How do you book that ticket from the us?

You book a flight to Vietnam, from a Chinese carrier that doesn't have a direct flight.

Since airline pricing is based entirely around what you're willing to pay, a flight with a layover is often cheaper than a direct flight.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

reignofevil posted:

Today I had someone tell me about the nanites in the flu shots that can be activated at any time. Apparently it's all on youtube with millions of individuals testifying.

BorisBot69 posts, "Dah, as American consumer I can confirm that flu shot is poison and will make you unable to eat delicious borscht"

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

BorisBot69 posts, "Dah, as American consumer I can confirm that flu shot is poison and will make you unable to eat delicious borscht"

lmao

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
2 hours? Jesus

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Despera posted:

2 hours? Jesus

Dude was on a plane in close proximity to people leaving Wuhan, almost certainly picked it up there rather than in the airport itself.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Despera posted:

2 hours? Jesus

That says nothing to account for who he was sitting near flying in and who he was sitting near flying back out though. The virus has been around since December, he could have been seated near someone infected returning home on the flight to China for several hours.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

Fair enough, I was not aware of that but it makes more sense if the bodies can possibly cause other infections

Mandatory cremation was implemented for SARS victims in Hong Kong, and probably other parts of China. It's a very sensible precaution

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

MarcusSA posted:

Also TSA screeners are not allowed to wear masks until they go through a special training and get them issued to them lol.

It’s probably like a 1 hour course but still they dont even have the option to wear their own.

Nobody had masks on at IND this am. Lol Midwest

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Stolen from the other thread, just lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1223918380593401858

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."
This is getting serious.

https://twitter.com/SCMPNews/status/1223171530927951872

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Vishass posted:

LOL Engineers are famously dumb as poo poo about everything that isn't engineering. EMTs are wannabe firemen with a high school degree and a training certificate
Post your credentials. What do you do. How have you made this planet a better place?

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Feb 2, 2020

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I've heard rumors that lots of overseas manufacturing is shutting down.

Virus or news cycle.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

If anything could start a riot in China, it would be this.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

numberoneposter posted:

Post your credentials. What do you do. How have you made this planet a better place?

Lemme guess, you are an engineer?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I didn't realize Fortnite was that bad

doing the fortnight dance in a hazmat suit over a pile of burning bodies

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

numberoneposter posted:

Virus or news cycle.
Could be, stock market dipped 2% on Friday.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

numberoneposter posted:

Virus or news cycle.

The replica fashion wear sub has Chinese vendors saying they aren’t able to ship out any time soon, everything is halted until further notice

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Dzhay posted:

If anything could start a riot in China, it would be this.

gently caress! Not the mahjong!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarquisDeSade
Jun 25, 2005

Grimey Drawer

numberoneposter posted:

Virus or news cycle.

Confirmed. Chinese New Year was extended and it’s delaying shipments because workers aren’t returning to the factories. Our company has about $100M of product supposed to ship from China in the next 3 weeks and we don’t know what’s leaving and what’s not. The factories are all closed so there’s nobody to tell us.

Grimarest
Jan 28, 2009
Same, our factory was supposed to return from holidays on the first of Feb, but was delayed to the 10th. I had a factory visit planned for the next month and had my tickets cancelled by the airline.

Another thing that I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere, is that a portion of workers just don’t come back to work after the holidays. Usually there is a lot of new hiring to be done and I’m not expecting that to happen with the shutdowns everywhere since they are confined to their homes.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Virigoth posted:

gently caress! Not the mahjong!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you guys notice the police only smashed the automatic shuffling machine. You can still play mahjong without the machine.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/XHNews/status/1224009040721629185

Life in China sure isn't boring

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

I feel like at least 2/3 of any "crazy" news out of China is either exaggerated, staged, or completely made up.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
So how is this worse then swine flu? Because that looks to have infected and killed more people.

https://www.sciencealert.com/this-chart-shows-how-the-wuhan-virus-compares-to-other-recent-outbreaks

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Holyshoot posted:

So how is this worse then swine flu? Because that looks to have infected and killed more people.

https://www.sciencealert.com/this-chart-shows-how-the-wuhan-virus-compares-to-other-recent-outbreaks

it's not worse than the black death either, but it's smoking just about everything on that list

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

it's not worse than the black death either, but it's smoking just about everything on that list

But it's not according to that chart. Lowest fatality rate.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Holyshoot posted:

But it's not according to that chart. Lowest fatality rate.

.... it's only a few weeks into this

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yes but as time goes on it seems that the virus is more spreadable and less deadly than initially thought

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's ok just wait till the player evolves vomiting, diarrhea and insanity with a touch of organ failure.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
the point is, you can't accurately compare an ongoing outbreak to past ones, because past ones aren't still ongoing and evolving

especially when it seems we've reached a point that outstrips how many daily tests they can do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Know a guy in shipping, they’ve got a ship from China that’s wasn’t allowed to offload for 14 days at their next destination, then it got raised to 21.

Plus China’s manufacturing base is always hit by Chinese New Year, and with the mess going on over there it isn’t starting back up.

Everyone’s just waiting.