Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1224074783140114432
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1224074785107300352

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Parallelwoody posted:

Already deleted

It was a response to this tweet:

https://twitter.com/perlmutations/status/1224021228521807873

And someone responded basically saying "You're a millionaire, why don't you donate?"

He probably deleted it because it seems like Ron called him out.

https://twitter.com/perlmutations/status/1224071439944339456

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

She's watching with subtitles on. They're included in screenshots she posts in later tweets.

It's pretty loving weird how hard it is for some goons to realize that other people grew up with different cultural touchstones than they did. :iiam:
Yeah that's it. It isn't possibly an easy way to turf an account to go viral. Y'all really have it figured out.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Parallelwoody posted:

Already deleted

Didn't expect that! basically Ron Perlman posted a gofundme for someone's dogs cancer treatment and the response was "you're a millionaire. You pay for it"

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Basically just this:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

She's watching with subtitles on. They're included in screenshots she posts in later tweets.

It's pretty loving weird how hard it is for some goons to realize that other people grew up with different cultural touchstones than they did. :iiam:

Yup. People who saw Indiana Jones in theaters are old enough to start having grandkids.No poo poo that some young people haven't seen your grandpa movies. I understand the urge to call people out on it when you think they're full of poo poo, but as Spock once said to the Replicant crew of the Nostromo in Tron, the droids you are looking for these are not.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Breetai posted:

Yup. People who saw Indiana Jones in theaters are old enough to start having grandkids.No poo poo that some young people haven't seen your grandpa movies. I understand the urge to call people out on it when you think they're full of poo poo, but as Spock once said to the Replicant crew of the Nostromo in Tron, the droids you are looking for these are not.

I am groot

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah that's it. It isn't possibly an easy way to turf an account to go viral. Y'all really have it figured out.

Whatever you need to believe to get you through the day.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

trapped mouse posted:

Basically just this:

A celebrity can't pay for every charity request, but they can broadcast a request for CROWD funding to help. Busting their chops because they don't pay for every body that asks for money even for a good cause is pretty short sighted.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Do people normally refrigerate Mars bars? Assuming normal room temperature I mean.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

ultrafilter posted:

The first Indiana Jones movie is almost 40 years old. It's an old movie, and lots of kids will grow up without seeing it.

This is gonna become increasingly true as TV and its canonical rotation of "old movies that kids will watch on a Friday night because there's nothing else to do" becomes less and less a feature of folks' lives

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

torgeaux posted:

A celebrity can't pay for every charity request, but they can broadcast a request for CROWD funding to help. Busting their chops because they don't pay for every body that asks for money even for a good cause is pretty short sighted.

But then in this case the total is less than a fraction of a tenth of a percent of his wealth. The mars bar fridge example is. Even In its extremity. Too lenient.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

torgeaux posted:

Nah, if they see it has enough merit to retweet it, they could probably just knock it out. It’s not like Perlman is tweeting that poo poo all day every day and would be broke if he contributed to everything. Maybe if wealth wasn’t so goddamn disproportionate in our dystopian hellscape, crowdfunding wouldn’t need to be a thing.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Ralph Nader has considerable personal income from shrew investments. But he lives on $25k a year and donates the rest of his income to various non-profits. Unfortunately, he is less charming and entertaining than Ron Perlman and has far less pop cultural impact.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Caufman posted:

Ralph Nader has considerable personal income from shrew investments. But he lives on $25k a year and donates the rest of his income to various non-profits. Unfortunately, he is less charming and entertaining than Ron Perlman and has far less pop cultural impact.

Look at this scrub denying the impact of the Ralph Nader/"Be Prepared" flash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5WS8LgcbQc

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I like Ron Perlman but he also suffers from boomer brainspiders. He just happens to be "on our side"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Katt posted:

But then in this case the total is less than a fraction of a tenth of a percent of his wealth. The mars bar fridge example is. Even In its extremity. Too lenient.

Yeah, Jack Ma's "big donation" to coronavirus research that made all the news ended up being less than 0.05% of his actual wealth, and he paid it out of his foundation, and he got a tax break for doing it

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

https://twitter.com/Offparoletx/status/1223097540763115520

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Trapick posted:

Do people normally refrigerate Mars bars? Assuming normal room temperature I mean.

Yes, all chocolate goes in the fridge you loving savage.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

sassassin posted:

Yes, all chocolate goes in the fridge you loving savage.

just lol if you don't have Enrique manually ice down each individual chocolate.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Trapick posted:

They taste better cold

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

is chocolate in the fridge an american thing? the only person I know who does that is american

and like most american things, it's wrong

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Killingyouguy! posted:

is chocolate in the fridge an american thing? the only person I know who does that is american

Then you have never had lovely American chocolate. It's most edible frozen.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't put them in the fridge, but if I'm not eating them immediately I put candy bars in the freezer.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Oreos in the freezer is the greatest life hack I can give to you fellow goons.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Killingyouguy! posted:

Our whole country is on fire. If it can melt it will so putting something in the fridge to stop that is a smart choice.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

trapped mouse posted:

It was a response to this tweet:

https://twitter.com/perlmutations/status/1224021228521807873

And someone responded basically saying "You're a millionaire, why don't you donate?"

He probably deleted it because it seems like Ron called him out.

https://twitter.com/perlmutations/status/1224071439944339456

I was at a convention and during a Q&A someone asked Ron if he played video games, and he politely responded he did not. Then another guy asked and he affirmed, uh no. Then a third guy asked and Ron snapped and asked why people weren’t listening.

You had to stand in line to ask a question, I guess the last two guys just couldn’t think of anything else.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Caufman posted:

Ralph Nader has had more impact than anyone else on the planet for the past 20 years

He's the reason George W. Bush became president.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Memento posted:

Ralph Nader has had more impact than anyone else on the planet for the past 20 years

He's the reason George W. Bush became president.

Pretty sure that's due to ¡Jeb!

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Whatever you need to believe to get you through the day.

Yeah, but really, this is someone astroturfing to go viral.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
There's a long list of people responsible for stealing the 2000 election and out of the people on it, Nadler is least to blame.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

1stGear posted:

There's a long list of people responsible for stealing the 2000 election and out of the people on it, Nadler is least to blame.

Good point.

It's wild that we don't talk about how the Republican party just flat out stole a presidential election. I guess if you start thinking about it too much it will break you beyond repair. I think if they tried that gerrymandering poo poo you lot do over there in any other country the people would start erecting gibbets.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I was at a convention and during a Q&A someone asked Ron if he played video games, and he politely responded he did not. Then another guy asked and he affirmed, uh no. Then a third guy asked and Ron snapped and asked why people weren’t listening.

You had to stand in line to ask a question, I guess the last two guys just couldn’t think of anything else.

Nerds. Nerds never change.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

goatsestretchgoals posted:

possibly in the same Q&A some dude just said "War.War never changes" instead of a question to him and he was like what the gently caress are you talking about

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

nerdz posted:

possibly in the same Q&A some dude just said "War.War never changes" instead of a question to him and he was like what the gently caress are you talking about

He's probably made more money off just those four words than any other four words.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Literally gasped out loud at the end.. that’s the price of hubris there

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/edkrayewski/status/1224009922574241793?s=20

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

goatsestretchgoals posted:

On that note I met Dave Foley and said he was great in New Vegas and he thought about it and recalled “those cheap bastards” never sent him a free copy of the game

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/ActionMovieKid/status/1223997582029885440

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/audipenny/status/1223113032160559108?s=19