Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Tax trap, offensichtlich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odj8Wy3jPe4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
tax mood

edit whoops thats nsfw for brief anime tits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LD3NKlS55g

no anime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBs-lPvk3Zk

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 3, 2020

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

What's the radio equivalent to Tagesthemen or Heute Journal? I'm looking for a 30 min recap of the day, but in radio format. I looked at Bayern 2 and Deutschlandfunk, but most of their news shows seem to be like 5 min long.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Deutsche Welle I think?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Isarpegel-status: MELDESTUFE ZWEI vielleicht schon morgen :frogsiren:

Racists can't swim, right?
:thunk:

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Post your favorite tune to do your taxes along to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMR45cZbvDw

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I was mostly joking about the Isar-Pegel simply because it had been raining all day yesterday. I didn't consider that there's an actual Stufe 3 Unwetterwarnung for the entire region, with orange eating 40-60 l/qm, and red getting 70-90 l/qm, with up to 120 l/qm Gesamtregen in Stauregionen.

Yeesh. That sounds like some serious flooding potential. The 2002 Hochwasser was caused by 100 l/qm over 48 hours, so these Niederschlagsmengen are right in that ballpark.

/edit:
Apparently, the 2002 Hochwasser was three times that amount, no reason to :arzy: just yet, I guess, false alarm

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 3, 2020

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

But Gerhard already has a cushy job at gasprom?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'm not sure an Isar flood is sufficient to disinfect Bavaria in this post-coronavirus world, but I guess it's a start.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
drat did I miss Steuererklärungschat?
Especially now that this is the first year I'll let a Steuerberater do my Steuer since I also have to do Erbschaftssteuererklärung :(

Also getting an Erbschein is a burning garbage dumpster of a process and now i have to fill out a Nachlassverzeichnis and it's hell on earth lol

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I was mostly joking about the Isar-Pegel simply because it had been raining all day yesterday. I didn't consider that there's an actual Stufe 3 Unwetterwarnung for the entire region, with orange eating 40-60 l/qm, and red getting 70-90 l/qm, with up to 120 l/qm Gesamtregen in Stauregionen.

Yeesh. That sounds like some serious flooding potential. The 2002 Hochwasser was caused by 100 l/qm over 48 hours, so these Niederschlagsmengen are right in that ballpark.

/edit:
Apparently, the 2002 Hochwasser was three times that amount, no reason to :arzy: just yet, I guess, false alarm

I was living in Passau during the Hochwasser 2013, interesting times.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik...n/25500266.html

Johann Wadephul posted:

Wir müssen eine Zusammenarbeit mit Frankreich bei den Nuklearwaffen ins Auge fassen. Deutschland sollte bereit sein, sich mit eigenen Fähigkeiten und Mitteln an dieser nuklearen Abschreckung zu beteiligen. Im Gegenzug sollte Frankreich sie unter ein gemeinsames Kommando der EU oder der Nato stellen.

This is loving crazy. Completely insane. This man is a lunatic maniac.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Cat Mattress posted:

That actually got proposed by Sarkzoy and rejected by Merkel way back.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

mike12345 posted:

What's the radio equivalent to Tagesthemen or Heute Journal? I'm looking for a 30 min recap of the day, but in radio format. I looked at Bayern 2 and Deutschlandfunk, but most of their news shows seem to be like 5 min long.
Deutschlandfunk - Das war der Tag von 23:10 bis 23:50 (und danach noch Presseschau).

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

DTurtle posted:

Deutschlandfunk - Das war der Tag von 23:10 bis 23:50 (und danach noch Presseschau).

yes very nice danke schön

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Not strictly speaking wrong, I suppose.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Cat Mattress posted:

Counterpoint: it's a good idea.

The EU should not depend on the US for its collective defense (see: Trump, Donald) and as long as any EU state has the bomb we all ought to share responsibility for the bomb.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Feb 4, 2020

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Grant Germany bomb visitation rights on alternating weekends and two holidays a year.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

suck my woke dick posted:

Counterpoint: it's a good idea.

The EU should not depend on the US for its collective defense (see: Trump, Donald) and as long as any EU state has the bomb we all ought to share responsibility for the bomb.

No, it's a loving terrible idea that cannot possibly work.

First, if you don't want to depend on the US, then putting your defense in the hands of NATO is the very very very last thing you want to do. It's akin to just handing over all your nukes directly to Donald Trump for safekeeping. So your "unter ein gemeinsames Kommando der Nato stellen", just forget it.

Secondly, the idea that deterrence can be a collegial thing shared by the EU is ludicrous. It'll just stop being a deterrent if it happened. "Russia just firebombed Lithuania, should Europe react? The Council will convene at the earliest opportunity, however the death of the representatives from Lithuania will prevent the required unanimity for reprisal action, so nothing is expected to happen."

This is all putting the cart before the horse. Europe cannot have the bomb without being a state. Make Europe a state first, and we'll see about transferring nuclear control then. The other way around cannot work.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
SPIEGEL is back. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf howl)

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think she meant "Sisyphos"

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

:hmmyes:

Checks out on a factual basis. Can't argue with that

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Cat Mattress posted:

No, it's a loving terrible idea that cannot possibly work.

First, if you don't want to depend on the US, then putting your defense in the hands of NATO is the very very very last thing you want to do. It's akin to just handing over all your nukes directly to Donald Trump for safekeeping. So your "unter ein gemeinsames Kommando der Nato stellen", just forget it.

Secondly, the idea that deterrence can be a collegial thing shared by the EU is ludicrous. It'll just stop being a deterrent if it happened. "Russia just firebombed Lithuania, should Europe react? The Council will convene at the earliest opportunity, however the death of the representatives from Lithuania will prevent the required unanimity for reprisal action, so nothing is expected to happen."

This is all putting the cart before the horse. Europe cannot have the bomb without being a state. Make Europe a state first, and we'll see about transferring nuclear control then. The other way around cannot work.

The whole idea (of which a CDU-ler will obviously only get half) is to become less reliant on NATO.

Also, any pan-EU nucular defence strategy will have to involve any member state being able to apply to host some bombs as a tripwire.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

In local news, Hamburg is currently gearing up for its Bürgerschaftswahlen. And perhaps it's just me, but does the SPD placard strike anybody else as a little... ominous? :ohdear:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Yeah

Also Fegebank (left) has some quality hot takes (far right)

https://twitter.com/fegebanks/status/1224412059842072578?s=21

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Paging Randler: Wäre ein Burkaverbot mit dem GG überhaupt vereinbar? Ausübung von Religion ist ja geschützt und so lange Burkaträgerinnen sagen es freiwillig zu machen ist Artikel 1 ja wohl auch nicht verletzt. Und wenn jemand in eine Burka gezwungen wird sollte das doch eh unter Nötigung oder ähnlichen fallen, oder nicht?

Definitely a weird issue to bring up in a Wahlkampf though. Is she trying to bait right wingers?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Eezee posted:

Paging Randler: Wäre ein Burkaverbot mit dem GG überhaupt vereinbar? Ausübung von Religion ist ja geschützt und so lange Burkaträgerinnen sagen es freiwillig zu machen ist Artikel 1 ja wohl auch nicht verletzt. Und wenn jemand in eine Burka gezwungen wird sollte das doch eh unter Nötigung oder ähnlichen fallen, oder nicht?

Definitely a weird issue to bring up in a Wahlkampf though. Is she trying to bait right wingers?

It's a relatively current issue, because just a few days ago a Hamburg court ruled that a local school could not forbid niqab-wearing on its own without a basis in law (https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/hamburg/Nach-Niqab-Urteil-Hamburg-will-Schulgesetz-aendern,vollverschleierung114.html). But it's still telling that both Grüne and SPD decide to now aufmach a Fass based on literally one single wearer.

Also also, to my understanding burqa and niqab are not technically religiously mandated, but more akin to local/cultural traditions. Dunno whether that would make any difference, juristically speaking. :shrug:

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Feb 5, 2020

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

suck my woke dick posted:

Also, any pan-EU nucular defence strategy will have to involve any member state being able to apply to host some bombs as a tripwire.

Yeah there's the whole Non-Proliferation Treaty thing in the way.

France has nukes because France is an officially recognized nuclear power. The NPT allows it to keep nukes. The EU, however? Nope. And the whole of the EU ratified the treaty. So how do you get European nukes? There are two ways. Either Europe becomes France, or France becomes Europe.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Cat Mattress posted:

Yeah there's the whole Non-Proliferation Treaty thing in the way.

France has nukes because France is an officially recognized nuclear power. The NPT allows it to keep nukes. The EU, however? Nope. And the whole of the EU ratified the treaty. So how do you get European nukes? There are two ways. Either Europe becomes France, or France becomes Europe.

Once you have enough nukes nobody cares about your international law breaches, so the NPT should not be an obstacle.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Example #65535 of "liberals hate leftists more than fascists": FDP in Thüringen just snuck in their own prime minister using AfD-votes: https://www.zeit.de/politik/deutschland/2020-02/thueringen-fdp-kandidat-ist-neuer-ministerpraesident

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

for gently caress sake

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Oder soll man es lassen?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Which country has a flag that represents the colours of this deutsch-christlich-liberal alliance?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

lmao, the first FDP-Ministerpräsident in German history has no majority, no coalition, no party platform and is now dependent on the votes of actual bonafide fascists if he wants to do literally anything. How very loving fitting :suicide:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Twitter trends massively on point

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

System Metternich posted:

lmao, the first FDP-Ministerpräsident in German history has no majority, no coalition, no party platform and is now dependent on the votes of actual bonafide fascists if he wants to do literally anything. How very loving fitting :suicide:

Reinhold Maier and Erhrd Hübner were the first FDP MPs.

Good news: Neither the Linke nor the AfD got their candidate through. And nobody is preventing SPD, Greens or Linke from supporting a liberal MP.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Einbauschrank posted:

I knew he was a Nazi and I was seriously intrigued

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
https://twitter.com/juli_anh/status/1225038715527016449?s=21

lol I just was reminded the FDP barely made it into the Landtag at 5.0% by like one or two votes. This is terrible

Zwille fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Feb 5, 2020

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

System Metternich posted:

If you put it like that it's actually kinda funny, in a nihilist cspam sort of way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

That's Lindners pro-fascism course in all it's glory. I'm surprised the CDU fell over this early though.

Einbauschrank posted:

Good news: Neither the Linke nor the AfD got their candidate through. And nobody is preventing SPD, Greens or Linke from supporting a liberal MP.

There's no liberal MP lol. Cooperating with Höcke is as far away from liberal as possible.