Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

Varg has terminal Morrissey’s Disease

This isn't a "fascists and antifascists are the same" post is it?

edit: Oh god lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

xtal posted:

:smith:

Let the dude tell you himself

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Amongst all that poo poo two solid diamond.

Morrissey posted:

On assassinating Donald Trump: “I would, for the safety of the human race. It’s not for my personal opinion of his face, or his life, or his family, but in the interest of the human race. I think he’s a terrible, terrible scourge.”

On an assassination attempt on Prince Charles: "I wish that Prince Charles had been shot. I think it would have made the world a more interesting place."

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

xtal posted:

no that's not what people say referring to morrissey that's what morrissey would say himself because he's a garbage boy! sorry you had to learn that here but hey, now you know that morrissey is a trash human

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

InediblePenguin posted:

no that's not what people say referring to morrissey that's what morrissey would say himself because he's a garbage boy! sorry you had to learn that here but hey, now you know that morrissey is a trash human

Yeah, he’s a loving disaster. Great music but if he never opened his mouth outside of singing it would be a net positive for all involved.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Morrissey was the worst Smith

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
yeah i really resent him for talking bc it's complicated my enjoyment of the smiths and like, "this charming man" is such a bop

e: and this discussion of morrissey is a good example for y'all from last page who were apologizing for a nazi bc you like his music: nobody's trying to argue that morrissey is one of the LESS WORST kinds of racist shitheads because we like his music. try not saying "he's one of the better kinds of nazis" ever again is my pro tip for some posters in this thread

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
The best thing Morrissey did was helping Easterhouse get signed

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

InediblePenguin posted:

Well, now I'm really glad I never listened to or cared about him!

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Seriously, I knew he was a pompous shitheel, but I didn't know he was a nazi pompous shitheel. I'm with xtal, good thing I never liked him.

On the upside, I can't wait for some goon to use the joke "you know who ELSE was a (vegetarian/artist/whatever)?" and snype in with "Morrissey?"

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
All this Burzum talk reminded me of the short lived fad of trve cvlt svrf on YouTube. Black metal works perfectly with surf rock.

Incidentally, I know it isn't everyone's favorite, but Last Podcast's series on black metal is a good listen for anyone who wants a primer on those nazi dorks.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

OutOfPrint posted:

All this Burzum talk reminded me of the short lived fad of trve cvlt svrf on YouTube. Black metal works perfectly with surf rock.

Incidentally, I know it isn't everyone's favorite, but Last Podcast's series on black metal is a good listen for anyone who wants a primer on those nazi dorks.

misirlou but everyone is wearing stupid makeup

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Terminally Bored posted:

What a normal thing to post.

gently caress Burzum and all his apologists.

identifying a certain strata of people as entirely useless is normal, yes.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

OutOfPrint posted:

I just looked this up and some of this works really well.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

GulagDolls posted:

identifying a certain strata of people as entirely useless is normal, yes.

Is this a "both sides are wrong" post

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

GWBBQ posted:

Speaking of the air loom, I just found this well done short (trailer?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc1LOPoSE3A

As far as the Cotard delusion, It's beyond unnerving and the obsessive behaviors that can come with it. Interviewing someone with the delusion will leave you doubting your own sanity. I'm going to describe one such case and caution you to Google at your own risk due to gore and graphic violence.

"Dead," the original singer from the black metal band Mayhem, suffered from Cotard's delusion after a bullying incident at age 11, which left him with a ruptured spleen and, by the 1980 clinical definition, rendered him clinically dead (lack of heartbeat) for several minutes. This left him with severe psychological problems including Cotard's delusion; he became obsessed with death an pioneered "corpse paint, the black and white face makeup associated with extreme metal. He also shocked audiences with acts of self-mutilation.

In 1991, at the age of 22, Dead sadly succumbed to whatever of his multiple mental illnesses and (remember that CW for graphic violence, here it comes) used a shard of broken glass to slit his wrists and throat, and finished himself off with a shotgun blast to his forehead.

He left behind a simple apology to his bandmates, who he knew would find him, stating simply (translated) "Please excuse all of the blood."

The band used a photo of the suicide scene as the cover artwork of their next album, Dawn of the Black Hearts. Again, you will see graphic violence if you Google it; if not from Dead's suicide, from the time Euronymous, their next lead singer, was confronted by their bassist Varg Vikernes, and stabbed 37 time in self defense.To Varg's credit, he's hilarious by virtue of living a life that seems so unbelievable like the time French police arrested him for possession of firearms over his airsoft guns or the time he was on weekend release from prison after stabbing euronymous in self defense 37 times and took the opportunity to raid an apparently unguarded national guar depot and "borrow'' several military uniforms, automatic rifles with quite a bit of ammunition, and what I can only find described as "large amounts of high explosives with detonators."

I just gotta clear up that Mayhem never used Deads suicide photo as an album cover. Dawn of the Black Hearts is a bootleg record released by a mexican contact of Euronymous, which recieved a picture.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Mordekai posted:

I just gotta clear up that Mayhem never used Deads suicide photo as an album cover. Dawn of the Black Hearts is a bootleg record released by a mexican contact of Euronymous, which recieved a picture.

I had to google this to make sure you were right because I’ve been labouring under the delusion otherwise for like fifteen years. Bit of a Berenstain Bears moment for me there

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

GWBBQ posted:

Speaking of the air loom, I just found this well done short (trailer?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc1LOPoSE3A

As far as the Cotard delusion, It's beyond unnerving and the obsessive behaviors that can come with it. Interviewing someone with the delusion will leave you doubting your own sanity. I'm going to describe one such case and caution you to Google at your own risk due to gore and graphic violence.

"Dead," the original singer from the black metal band Mayhem, suffered from Cotard's delusion after a bullying incident at age 11, which left him with a ruptured spleen and, by the 1980 clinical definition, rendered him clinically dead (lack of heartbeat) for several minutes. This left him with severe psychological problems including Cotard's delusion; he became obsessed with death an pioneered "corpse paint, the black and white face makeup associated with extreme metal. He also shocked audiences with acts of self-mutilation.

In 1991, at the age of 22, Dead sadly succumbed to whatever of his multiple mental illnesses and (remember that CW for graphic violence, here it comes) used a shard of broken glass to slit his wrists and throat, and finished himself off with a shotgun blast to his forehead.

He left behind a simple apology to his bandmates, who he knew would find him, stating simply (translated) "Please excuse all of the blood."

The band used a photo of the suicide scene as the cover artwork of their next album, Dawn of the Black Hearts. Again, you will see graphic violence if you Google it; if not from Dead's suicide, from the time Euronymous, their next lead singer, was confronted by their bassist Varg Vikernes, and stabbed 37 time in self defense.To Varg's credit, he's hilarious by virtue of living a life that seems so unbelievable like the time French police arrested him for possession of firearms over his airsoft guns or the time he was on weekend release from prison after stabbing euronymous in self defense 37 times and took the opportunity to raid an apparently unguarded national guar depot and "borrow'' several military uniforms, automatic rifles with quite a bit of ammunition, and what I can only find described as "large amounts of high explosives with detonators."

Hey, I can kinda comment on this! I had a breakdown that presented similarly enough to Cotard that it’s easier to just explain it that way, and I’m beyond lucky that it’s under control right now and I’ve only had one recurrence since a pretty serious inpatient stay.

It’s an absolute nightmare. I was fully convinced that I was dead, but that I had to never admit it because then the curtains would draw back and I would be tortured in the hell I’d slid into. Lost most of my sense of taste, spent my time half-sleeping because real rest would give them a chance to begin the real tortures, and got a horrible hypersensitivity to temperature. Truly bizarre stuff that seemed perfectly rational to me - like figuring out which clothes I’d died in and wearing them would disguise me and that cleaning them would remove the last vestiges of my soul and finalize my condemnation to hell - made it impossible to function. It took a lot to get me to even accept that my worldview was distorted, because there’s just a great certainty that I’d figured it out and denying it would be like claiming the sky was green.

It was the worst loving time of my life, and I’m glad I got help, because it’s still a long-rear end process to manage it and I never want it to happen again, but I always worry that I’ll end up hitting a trigger and sliding into a delusional state again. Which, of course, leads to hyper-vigilance about everything and having this weird sword of Damocles hanging over my head.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

ABC Australia posted:

Coupled drowned in toolbox 'pleaded for their lives', trial of accused murderer hears

Two people who were bound and locked in a toolbox which was then dumped into a lagoon south of Brisbane could be heard "calling out and pleading for their lives" as they were submerged, a court has heard.

On the first day of his Supreme Court trial, Tuhirangi-Thomas Tahiata pleaded not guilty to the murder of Iuliana Triscaru and Cory Breton in January 2016.

Their bodies were found in a large toolbox that had been submerged in a lagoon in Kingston, south of Brisbane.

The court heard Mr Tahiata was one of several people involved in their deaths.

In his opening statement, Prosecutor David Meredith told the Supreme Court Mr Breton and Ms Triscaru were lured to a unit in Kingston, where they were bound with tape and later put into a toolbox.

The Crown alleges after some hours, they and the toolbox were loaded onto a ute and driven to a lagoon by Mr Tahiata and another man.

The court heard in an interview with police Mr Tahiata said the two victims were still "calling out and pleading for their lives" after the toolbox was placed in the water.

The Crown Prosecutor said Mr Tahiata admitted his involvement and took police to the lagoon to show them where the toolbox was dumped.

"At that stage when he made those confessions he was claiming that he did it on his own," Mr Meredith told the court.

"He later gave a different version which the prosecution says is the true version which was that other people were involved."

The court heard Mr Tahiata told investigators it was another man who put the toolbox into the water.

"If these facts are true and the accused and others say that they are then this is a breathtakingly evil act," Mr Meredith told the court.

The court was told Mr Breton and Ms Triscaru were both drug dealers.

Mr Tahiata's defence is yet to make its opening address.

The trial is expected to run for up to three weeks.

Being alive and locked in a box only to be dumped to drown is way up there in ways I don't want to go.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Jfc I have bought so much weed in Kingston and it’s sketchy but I read about that this morning and I’m never going back (I nearly bought a fuckin house there lmao)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Continuity RCP posted:

Morrissey was the worst Smith

And Wolfie was the best Smith.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Inceltown posted:

Being alive and locked in a box only to be dumped to drown is way up there in ways I don't want to go.
Jesus christ

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inceltown posted:

Being locked into a small box and then left somewhere until you die is one of mine. At least you drown faster.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
The story of the Von Erich family. Six brothers, all wrestlers (along with their father), all but one lost in heartbreaking fashion.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

gamingCaffeinator posted:

The story of the Von Erich family. Six brothers, all wrestlers (along with their father), all but one lost in heartbreaking fashion.

The Crime In Sports podcast episode on this is great as well. It's #176 - Footloose and Fancy-Free.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/crime-in-sports/e/63795000

TorpedoFish
Feb 19, 2006

Tingly.

Tashilicious posted:

Being locked into a small box and then left somewhere until you die is one of mine. At least you drown faster.

There was a movie about this some years ago and I'm so claustrophobic and scared of being entombed alive like that the preview caused me to have a panic attack.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

TorpedoFish posted:

There was a movie about this some years ago and I'm so claustrophobic and scared of being entombed alive like that the preview caused me to have a panic attack.

This one?

It's good

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

A really great (fictional) story about Cotard delusion is “Trauma Pod” by Alastair Reynolds. That poo poo stuck with me for at least a week after I read it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

xtal posted:

This one?

It's good

This movie was awesome, I hated every second of it (in a good way). The ending is still fresh in my mind even all these years later.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Hedningen posted:

Hey, I can kinda comment on this! I had a breakdown that presented similarly enough to Cotard that it’s easier to just explain it that way, and I’m beyond lucky that it’s under control right now and I’ve only had one recurrence since a pretty serious inpatient stay.

It’s an absolute nightmare. I was fully convinced that I was dead, but that I had to never admit it because then the curtains would draw back and I would be tortured in the hell I’d slid into. Lost most of my sense of taste, spent my time half-sleeping because real rest would give them a chance to begin the real tortures, and got a horrible hypersensitivity to temperature. Truly bizarre stuff that seemed perfectly rational to me - like figuring out which clothes I’d died in and wearing them would disguise me and that cleaning them would remove the last vestiges of my soul and finalize my condemnation to hell - made it impossible to function. It took a lot to get me to even accept that my worldview was distorted, because there’s just a great certainty that I’d figured it out and denying it would be like claiming the sky was green.

It was the worst loving time of my life, and I’m glad I got help, because it’s still a long-rear end process to manage it and I never want it to happen again, but I always worry that I’ll end up hitting a trigger and sliding into a delusional state again. Which, of course, lea ds to hyper-vigilance about everything and having this weird sword of Damocles hanging over my head.
I read this out loud to my neuroscientist boyfriend and it send him down a rabbit hole. I'm surprised he hadn't heard of it because he's usually the one to scare me with creepy brain/psychological stuff.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Did someone in this thread recommend the Red Handed Podcast? Because I remember avoiding it because the name and photo gave me My Favorite Murder/Sword and Scale vibes so I think I'd only try it out if someone in this thread recommended it. If so, thank you and boy am I happy that I listened to them. Small bit of nice banter, very left leaning views, respectful of victims, critical of police and very informative. They're not jokey jokey like Last Podcast but it feels very much like being in a room with friends. And I've yet to hear a podcast that gives as good of an inside into UK cases. And it really helps to have a brown English woman on it too.
The reading of patreon names is still unlistenable to me even if it makes me kind if happy that a brown woman gets to butcher super white names.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I’m not finding anything on my iPhone podcast thing, is that the full name?

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

I’m not finding anything on my iPhone podcast thing, is that the full name?

Search "Redhanded", all one word. I'm not on iPhone but it showed up for me when searching "red handed" didn't.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

https://rss.acast.com/redhanded is the feed that comes up for me in Podcast Addict.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Generation Why recently did an episode on Anthony Graves.

Here is a brief intro. A family (including kids) are brutally murdered and their house is burnt down. The police have a suspect and their guy is pretty much guilty as gently caress. Only problem is that the police are convinced he had an accomplice. They are absolutely certain of it in fact, and they grill him for a name. He gives them one. I will leave it there. Feel free to read the rest in this Texas Monthly article which covers all the details in their usual excellent way.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Madkal posted:

Generation Why recently did an episode on Anthony Graves.

Here is a brief intro. A family (including kids) are brutally murdered and their house is burnt down. The police have a suspect and their guy is pretty much guilty as gently caress. Only problem is that the police are convinced he had an accomplice. They are absolutely certain of it in fact, and they grill him for a name. He gives them one. I will leave it there. Feel free to read the rest in this Texas Monthly article which covers all the details in their usual excellent way.

For anyone else reading this who was curious about what happened after, you'll probably be relieved to hear that Graves received the full amount of compensation and subsequently established a law scholarship in honour of his lawyer Nicola Cásarez. Sebasta was disbarred in 2015.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Hedningen posted:

It was the worst loving time of my life, and I’m glad I got help, because it’s still a long-rear end process to manage it and I never want it to happen again, but I always worry that I’ll end up hitting a trigger and sliding into a delusional state again. Which, of course, leads to hyper-vigilance about everything and having this weird sword of Damocles hanging over my head.

Good Lord.
What an amazing post.
I would love to read more about your experiences with Cotard syndrome.
If you want to share, that is.
:munch:

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Hedningen posted:

This is super interesting, and I'd love to hear more about it. What are the kind of things you have to be vigiliant about to prevent yourself from slipping away into the delusion again? How did you manage to get out of it?
Obviously don't worry about it if you're not comfortable talking about it here.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Search "Redhanded", all one word. I'm not on iPhone but it showed up for me when searching "red handed" didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

darkwasthenight posted:

For anyone else reading this who was curious about what happened after, you'll probably be relieved to hear that Graves received the full amount of compensation and subsequently established a law scholarship in honour of his lawyer Nicola Cásarez. Sebasta was disbarred in 2015.

Jesus christ, gently caress Texas and their cops and lawyers