Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Due to a technical glitch (bernie winning) the Iowa Caucuses has been deemed unviable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
How do u 'quality control' an election?

Did their dumb app get hacked and they had to verify it all by phone?

Like don't u call your own election results into question when u suggest the results need 'quality control'

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vermain posted:

male pattern baldness can hit like a sledgehammer for some folks

what explains the male pattern faceness

wah I write about statistics concerning baseball and chicago burritos this is the equivalent to doing meth for 10 years

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
lol gently caress you iowa

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
A hosed up system with a hosed up ending.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Succbot Circlejerk posted:

what explains the male pattern faceness

once your hair starts going you start wondering what the point of keeping up appearances is if you don't have the right kind of dome for a bald/crew cut look

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

KaptainKrunk posted:

when is the time to arzy

Never

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Pharmaskittle posted:

Lmao Nate doesn't just look old, he looks fuckin HARROWED, like something terrible happened to him and he never quite recovered

God like how hard is it to just fuckin shave?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Let's hope so

quote:

GEOFFREY SKELLEY10:33 PM
I might be on Nate’s side here — it would be funny if this delay in results was the final nail in the Iowa caucuses coffin, added onto the complaints about the state’s unrepresentativeness (e.g. entrance poll says 91 percent of caucusgoers are white).

NATHANIEL RAKICH10:33 PM
Nate, we were laughing with you, not at you.

NATE SILVER10:33 PM
I told our office in a rather dramatic tone that “I really think this might be … the end of Iowa’s hegemony” and everyone in my office laughed at me.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/materialfag/status/1224518805138833408

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
So is bernie losing now.... I really hope not...

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

so on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the least and 10 being the most, how much of a rat-gently caress attempt is this?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

dont be paranoid

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
0-1? it's just the natural cycle of democratic political grifting. it was contracted out i'm sure and the app sucks rear end and there are like 7 candidates getting delegates somehow (Deval Patrick got one? Cory Booker maybe?)

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Al-Saqr posted:

So is bernie losing now.... I really hope not...

Bernie's winning, he was always winning, *puts finger to DNC stickered radio earpiece* bernie's losing, he was always losing

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Only 1.7% of the vote is in

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
It’s probably their dumb app not working and they’ve got to call in results. Bernie will win.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao you guys it's the dnc, don't automatically assume malice when it could jsut be overwhelming incompetence

https://twitter.com/tylerpager/stat...ttigieg-updates

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Junkiebev posted:

so on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the least and 10 being the most, how much of a rat-gently caress attempt is this?

there is actually a very high probability that it's just unfathomable incompetence that merely creates a strong impression of impropriety and illegitimacy

or turbo ratfucking

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I know we're all broke-brained weirdos who expect to be kicked in the teeth but Bernie is going to win and all youse cool it with your paranoia.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

vyelkin posted:

lmao you guys it's the dnc, don't automatically assume malice when it could jsut be overwhelming incompetence

protege
Jan 11, 2005

Don't be bamboozled by the okey doke!
lmao at chuck todd saying "this is an effing disaster" on air

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LGD posted:

there is actually a very high probability that it's just unfathomable incompetence that merely creates a strong impression of impropriety and illegitimacy

or turbo ratfucking

Robbie Mook is the guy who was in charge of creating the app, and he’s the guy you get when you want unfathomable incompetence. He’s far too dumb to trust with attempting something delicate like fraud.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I'd believe they *tried* to ratfuck but the ratfuck program was written by robby mook's nephew who's good at computers so it's not working.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Welp, I give up, off to bed for me.

Boring!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Bushiz posted:

I'd believe they *tried* to ratfuck but the ratfuck program was written by robby mook's nephew who's good at computers so it's not working.

email exists to transfer data via the internet yet here we are.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Strong Sauce posted:

email exists to transfer data via the internet yet here we are.

don't use the e word around the dnc

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Robbie Mook is the guy who was in charge of creating the app, and he’s the guy you get when you want unfathomable incompetence. He’s far too dumb to trust with attempting something delicate like fraud.

He was smart enough in Nevada.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
This is a disaster for the Iowa democratic party. I'm pretty sure politics watchers are gonna talk about this for a while, cause this is pathetic.

The way they reported results before worked fine. But then Mook, of all loving people, MOOK, came in, reorganized poo poo to work off of an app, and the app's a piece of poo poo so now there's no easy way to report results. The backup way, of just calling in, is harder because they took away phone lines used for that poo poo cause the app was supposed to do it.
I really don't know how this is gonna look as things go forward, but god drat is this an embarrassment for the democratic establishment. Being completely unable to run a primary? The FIRST primary? Ridiculous. People should be loving fired over this.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the story so far...

:bernget20:

biden in last place of everyone who got anything at all

patrick with literally 1 vote lmao

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fabricated posted:

I don't want Bernie to win- I want him to solidly dominate this poo poo. I want there to be no question about it. I hope it works out.

ya i want dicks in dirt

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Please let Pete be second because he has no viability after Iowa.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

they just reported that the iowa democrats called bernie sanders regarding the delay.

they're gonna tell him he lost for the good of the party

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
What the gently caress is going on?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

lol democracy

https://twitter.com/jaylencavil/status/1224531122354298881

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

SyRauk posted:

What the gently caress is going on?

choose your fighter:
the dnc is horrendously incompetent
vs.
they're waiting for everyone to go home so they can report that biden got 1 million votes

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/knight69420/status/1224542731479003142?s=20

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
https://twitter.com/JenXylophone/status/1224545607739740168?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

i dont know if this is real or not...
https://twitter.com/zachhammer/status/1224541219440807936