Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pick posted:

It is like the time that I was working at a remote research site out in the sticks and it was the day when they fed us "peanut noodle" which was just wet noodles with peanut butter on it, and a dolorous voice carried over the station loudspeakers and throughout the woods to inform us that Michael Jackson had died
yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i think of that and laugh irl multiple times per week

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
just to be clear, it was not peanut sauce. it was wet peanut butter.

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pick posted:

it's just like, the earthly manifestation of a sad tuba noise. a perfect cultural moment

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Pick posted:

That sucks, they could at least have mixed it with some soy sauce and ginger and sriracha and made a bastardized approximation of spicy Thai peanut sauce.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Had a legit surreal moment while reading about this cluster gently caress because my wife decided to make toast. I caught the smell of it and thought " not like this."

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Daphne: Dr Crane you can't run for Prime Minister you're not even British.

Frasier: Not british? Pah! I have a deeper understanding of British culture than any of those knock-a-bout wannabes. They probably couldn't even sung the first half of HMS Pinafore! And that Nigel fellow had a brouge that sounded distinctly Cape Town South African-

Daphne: that's Winston Churchill's son!

Frasier: And he's probably rolling in his grave knowing he sired a Boer!

Marty: Yeah I know the feeling.

Niles: You know Frasier I've noticed politicians like to eat the local food. Has it occured to you that this campaign might require you to eat meat pies?

Beat

Frasier: You know I've always been interested in the politics of Belgium.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

peanut noodle

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pick posted:

Also it was not Pick who died, it was Michael Jackson.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

ManBoyChef posted:

when the water riots happen and money has no value people like bezos are in for a world of trouble.

mystes posted:

An army of delivery drones that can be repurposed to steal water might be useful?

Neo Rasa posted:

Can a drone tell the difference between water and ammonia because

nimby posted:

Drones can't tell the difference between a training camp and a wedding.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Jedit posted:

Also it was not Pick who died, it was Michael Jackson.

Pick died too, but on the inside.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Plastik posted:

Pick died too, but on the inside.

That which is dead may never die.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
pick is good and the only reason they have a negative reputation is because GBS feeds on its best and brightest

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Don't Pick On Pick!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Where's Poochie?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Belgian retriever?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Jesus Christ

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

pick is good and the only reason they have a negative reputation is because GBS feeds on its best and brightest

that and blatant lovely ableism and poo poo that she just loving doubles down on over and over, but hey, if SA isn't a safe space to say that all autistic people are inherently abusive and should not have friends much less relationships, then what are we, amirite

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

InediblePenguin posted:

that and blatant lovely ableism and poo poo that she just loving doubles down on over and over, but hey, if SA isn't a safe space to say that all autistic people are inherently abusive and should not have friends much less relationships, then what are we, amirite

It’s because she’s a pretty good troll and knows how to push the buttons of other posters who think she’s being sincere.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

By all means keep this up, surely the impending pages long derail will be the last conversation, the time we all finally agree about Pick, as was foretold in the Goon Sea Scrolls

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

we are what we pretend to be

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

purple death ray posted:

By all means keep this up, surely the impending pages long derail will be the last conversation, the time we all finally agree about Pick, as was foretold in the Goon Sea Scrolls

This is a good post. Please let's not post about posters at length in this thread unless it pertains to a quote of theirs, preferably a funny one.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

This is some top shelf goonjoke™

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I don't get dogjoke.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I don't get dogjoke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrocities_in_the_Congo_Free_State

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
before i made that post i did think to myself, "the mention of pick will start a multi-page derail for which either she or i will be blamed", but i needed the peanut noodle quote and now i have it and will never let it go

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

hallelujah posted:

before i made that post i did think to myself, "the mention of pick will start a multi-page derail for which either she or i will be blamed", but i needed the peanut noodle quote and now i have it and will never let it go

The peanut noodle story made me insanely happy, so yes.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

the boston bomber posted:

good news for me

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

It’s because she’s a pretty good troll and knows how to push the buttons of other posters who think she’s being sincere.

not about pick in particular but about your lovely attempt at an excuse here: didn't most of us figure out "pretending to be a piece of poo poo is actually being a piece of poo poo" years ago? isn't that why you shouldn't be ironically racist or sexist? are you still one of those fools who think trolling is worthwhile bc lmao

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

InediblePenguin posted:

not about pick in particular but about your lovely attempt at an excuse here: didn't most of us figure out "pretending to be a piece of poo poo is actually being a piece of poo poo" years ago? isn't that why you shouldn't be ironically racist or sexist? are you still one of those fools who think trolling is worthwhile bc lmao

I see you're mad. Online. How about that. Looks like you got japed on again, my friend. :smug:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

InediblePenguin posted:

Stop it. This isn't the place.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

InediblePenguin posted:

There's many shades to "trolling", or poo poo posting, as we sometimes call it around these parts. I like a style where the deep idea is real but you have to do some work to decipher what that is. The tone and cadence are different from just straight earnest posting.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

POTY it would be really good if some probations started landing when people keep talking about this poo poo when you asked em nicely not to

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

eat poo poo sexhavers posted:

i just wrote a fan fiction twenty times longer than hamlet and forgot a simple fact that destroys the whole point. im cool

Nihnoz posted:

the release of creativity is more important then the actual content.

Epic Win Ambassador posted:

This sounds like a metaphor for the sexxor.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

bell jar posted:

POTY it would be really good if some probations started landing when people keep talking about this poo poo when you asked em nicely not to

If that was directed at me I was writing that post before Pastry of the Year posted the response.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

bell jar posted:

You're not wrong, and generally I like to ask nicely and/or let the community (which I love, which is why I took the janitor job) sort of steer things.

So here's the line being drawn, friends: the quotes thread isn't the place to litigate/castigate forums superstars.

Eta: doverhog has never been anything other than a good poster as far as I can tell, so I believe them.

Pastry of the Year has a new favorite as of 00:49 on Feb 5, 2020

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

doverhog posted:

If that was directed at me I was writing that post before Pastry of the Year posted the response.

It's not about any specific post/more of a trend that I'm sick of popping up in like every thread I read

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

bell jar posted:

It's not about any specific post/more of a trend that I'm sick of popping up in like every thread I read

PM me if you have a concern.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Pastry of the Year posted:

You're not wrong, and generally I like to ask nicely and/or let the community (which I love, which is why I took the janitor job) sort of steer things.

So here's the line being drawn, friends: the quotes thread isn't the place to litigate/castigate forums superstars.

Eta: doverhog has never been anything other than a good poster as far as I can tell, so I believe them.

You're not a janitor, you're an internet cop. That's why they even give you a badge and the ability to throw posters in internet jail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

You're not a janitor, you're a[...] cop.

How dare you impugn POTY's parentage