Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Office Pig posted:

"I totally respect your viewpoint on this, I totally do"

with how much she has to tiptoe around it i'm wondering if the campaign is deliberately hushing his homosexuality to court the christian democrat fuckhead vote

cheatin' pete is threading a very tight needle, trying to be the Jesus Lover Candidate while also being gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Bedshaped posted:

cher has good energy that is sometimes misdirected

She is dumb as hell

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is that Shadow twitter account even legit? I doubt it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Office Pig posted:

"I totally respect your viewpoint on this, I totally do"

with how much she has to tiptoe around it i'm wondering if the campaign is deliberately hushing his homosexuality to court the christian democrat fuckhead vote

Yes

Literally the only appropriate response was to just hand the bigot her card back and call it a wash, there is nothing on God's gay earth that will get her to vote for Pete at that point

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

actionjackson posted:

Is that Shadow twitter account even legit? I doubt it.

is that like the new mastadon?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Nah, when I look at whose winning/losing, I'm going to look at delegate counts, not the average vote % over the primary season
Iowa matters for the narrative of whose winning and losing much more than it matters for delegate count. Iowa is worth about 1% of total pledged delegates.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1224787809317326848

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

cheatin' pete is threading a very tight needle, trying to be the Jesus Lover Candidate while also being gay

He's the respectable sexless kind of gay though so I think it really only matters with evangelicals who are voting Republican anyway outside of some outliers like that lady. With Dem voters I don't think it is any more of an issue than Bernie's age or Warren's gender.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

:hmbol:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/investors-behind-disastrous-iowa-dem-caucus-app-rush-to-scrub-their-ties-report/

Raw Story posted:

One Democratic operative tells the Daily Beast that ACRONYM helped sell the Democratic Party on Shadows technology by using a tried-and-true Silicon Valley tactic of promising more than you can reasonably deliver.

It is a pattern of fake it till you make it, the operative claims. You talk a big game and then sort of hope it becomes true.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

FW: FW: FW: FW: Soviet Space Pen

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Yeah this is quite literally how all sales people sell software.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

:berninator::berninator::berninator:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
how long has this kind of manipulation and fuckery been going on and its just that in the age of technology and poo poo does it start to come out because we're all super connected and we can post pictures and numbers directly from the caucus

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yeah this is the big thing to me, if we let silicon valley software people take over the elections and poo poo, that's so bad in the long term

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
https://twitter.com/loathing_palm/status/1224746587324157953

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Uh it's 3:20 where are the results

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

ACRONYM's election-stealing software, SHADOW.

I think I somehow managed to dimension shift into a Hideo Kojiima playstation game.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

succ posted:

only half of them coming out at 5.

"Half"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

succ posted:

100 minutes away.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

succ posted:

nah it's 4pm CST dawg

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

100 minutes away.

maybe

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Owlbear Camus posted:

I think I somehow managed to dimension shift into a Hideo Kojiima playstation game.

des moines stranding

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Lightning Knight posted:

all of you fucks that are toxxing are the worst and I hate you so instead of banning you, if you lose Im gonna give you an embarrassing mayor butt avatar

conveniently a gang tag was made that would work just for this

exmarx posted:

made this in case there's any other buttheads out there

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Uh it's got an eraser, seems like a real security risk. Someone could just erase the results and write in something else! Better use these internet connected voting machines instead.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

oxsnard posted:

nah it's 4pm CST dawg

And they were waffling on that too

And they are only going to be half of the results

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Rodatose posted:

conveniently a gang tag was made that would work just for this

that's like the perfect tag to tell people how much of an rear end in a top hat you are

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Owlbear Camus posted:

Worse. A Sonic game.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

gently caress mayo butt. gently caress mayo butt.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

this is one of the most spectacular gently caress ups I have ever beheld, a true marvel of the age that is not too surprising but is still shocking

like, I remember when society existed

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Thoguh posted:

He's the respectable sexless kind of gay though so I think it really only matters with evangelicals who are voting Republican anyway outside of some outliers like that lady. With Dem voters I don't think it is any more of an issue than Bernie's age or Warren's gender.

that is what they're betting on. the video of the iowa caucus lady seems to imply it is ... not only a problem with republican voters. but, then again, it is iowa. gently caress do i know about iowans?

it is also possible that that lady is freaking out because she feels that she has been bamboozled

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

Lol anybody with a brain knows that wont work

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Gringostar posted:

lol, even :orb:mother is dunking on the dems over this shitshow

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1224704852258848773

I don't think Tom Perez or the DNC has anything directly to do with Iowa caucuses, it's all state party bullshit

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Now I understand why the Butlerian Jihad happened

Also the DNC pushed the app onto the state party, apparently

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I would like for Bernie to win this caucus.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

it's gonna loving rule when they cherry-pick pete's best 50% of precincts and report those numbers as if he is the big victor

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Over Easy posted:

this is one of the most spectacular gently caress ups I have ever beheld, a true marvel of the age that is not too surprising but is still shocking

like, I remember when society existed

its not even over either, they are gonna annouce 50% results that biden is leading by just not counting bernie votes watch lmao

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

people ascribe a bit too much power to the DNC imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
president mayor cheat the third esquire cia