Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Been loading up The Division 1 just to run around the streets, listen to the snow crunch under my feet and shoot some fools. I really love the atmosphere in that game, and all I want is for IO to license the engine and remake Freedom Fighters in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

arf arf arf https://store.steampowered.com/app/1182830/QT/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

PantsBandit posted:

Kakarot is definitely a bummer. I'm a sucker for even the most menial DBZ filler plots, so I would love a game that is slavish in re-telling all that stuff.

That is, assuming the gameplay is at least mildly entertaining.

Stop letting Cyberconnect develop games! They aren't good at it!

Tangentially related, playing AC: Odyssey with their naval combat, large islands for exploration, constantly refreshing mercenaries in a tiered power list with different abilities, and established power structures you can topple made me realize that the perfect structure already exists for a fantastic One Piece game I will probably NEVER get :smith:

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Just started playing A Plague Tale. In the beginning you jump into a river and then come out with a different hairstyle with braids. Huh

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Underwater rats. Life is crazy, man.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

GhostDog posted:

Been loading up The Division 1 just to run around the streets, listen to the snow crunch under my feet and shoot some fools. I really love the atmosphere in that game, and all I want is for IO to license the engine and remake Freedom Fighters in it.

2 is so close to being a Freedom Fighters game its almost sad

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Sininu posted:

Just started playing A Plague Tale. In the beginning you jump into a river and then come out with a different hairstyle with braids. Huh
I played it in French and it was pretty cool!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Samuringa posted:

2 is so close to being a Freedom Fighters game its almost sad

I really liked 2 but the summer stuff doesn’t do it for me the same way the first game perfectly pulled off how NYC feels in the winter. God, imagine if it had ray tracing, the snow in the streetlights would be perfect.

The summer stuff in 2 is... it feels more seasonal. It’s a game I’ll play when it’s hot and swampy out and that kind of feeds into the ambiance; but the division 1 can set that winter feeling any time. Also I give way less of a poo poo about DC than NYC.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.

Sininu posted:

Braid once coiled on head is no longer coiled, innit? Was there something else?

But yes, it's A Good Game. I can't decide whether I want Amicia to be a stone cold mistress of the headshot or a peaceful sneakthief setting a good example for her annoying pain in the rear end of a little brother. I found a castle the other night and can't wait to see what horrible thing happens next.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Huzzah, Spellforce 3 is on sale!

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Veotax posted:

All of Z, from Raditz to Buu. Though the adapted story is cut down in spots and then padded out with original content weirdly. I've heard the Android/Cell saga is missing some iconic moments, but I've only gotten as far as the intermission after Freeza.
Their are a few moments, like when Goku gets the heart virus he just vanishes for a few missions, people mention he is sick then pops back up after he is healed. Or Vegeta ripping off Android 19's arms before blasting him, instead he just blows him up after you fight 19. Also the Trunks/Cell fight doesn't happen after he becomes perfect. It hits the major plot points and scenes but it can be a bit weird with the pacing and what they excluded. I do give the game props for having all of Frieza's forms though, most games seems to skip the 3rd one.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Veotax posted:

All of Z, from Raditz to Buu. Though the adapted story is cut down in spots and then padded out with original content weirdly. I've heard the Android/Cell saga is missing some iconic moments, but I've only gotten as far as the intermission after Freeza.
I heard there were some locked away characters including Beerus, Whis, and Mira. Got to have that Super content.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I really like short, replayable games like Into the Breach, Dungeon of the Endless, FTL or Invisible Inc where you unlock more characters/equipment as you go on, but I haven't had much fun with traditional roguelikes (mostly because most of them have kinda ugly UIs and that's a major bummer for me). Anyway, I'm looking for recommendations. Any ideas?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Dead Cells.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Azran posted:

I really like short, replayable games like Into the Breach, Dungeon of the Endless, FTL or Invisible Inc where you unlock more characters/equipment as you go on, but I haven't had much fun with traditional roguelikes (mostly because most of them have kinda ugly UIs and that's a major bummer for me). Anyway, I'm looking for recommendations. Any ideas?

Spelunky is the game that got me into rougelikes, I totally fell for the cartoony platforming first though.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Streets of Rogue is one of the better and more popular ones right now. Once you run out of characters to unlock, you can even make more of your own, with a point-based trait system.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Oh poo poo i forgot i bought that at Christmas and havnt touched it yet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Azran posted:

Have you tried Hades? It's a blast, looks real pretty, and is relatively short at the moment though they're still developing stuff for it. It's one of the only Early Access games I ever got and I don't regret it in the slightest.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Noita might qualify, though you mostly "unlock" game knowledge in the traditional vein rather than anything concrete.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah Noita is really loving good too, though as noted your entire inventory resets every time you die and it is pretty reliant on the particular gameworld you get giving you access to the right combination of things to make real progress.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Azran posted:

If you want to try a traditional rogue like with a not-ugly UI, give Dungeons of Dredmor a shot. Such a fun game.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Azran posted:

Maybe Void Bastards?

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Azran posted:

If you're down with the twin stick shooter variety, Monolith is extremely good at a low price. If you like it, the new DLC fits seamlessly into the base game and adds a lot of QoL features for new players.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Azran posted:

Card Quest.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Maybe Void Bastards?

Void Bastards is really good and replaces the traditional platforming with System Shock 2 inspired FPS gameplay.
Plus, there's an enemy that keeps calling you poo poo bird.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Has anyone played the Wasteland remaster? Is it not complete poo poo?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Azran posted:

hades

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Tons of great recommendations, thanks! Had my eye on Hades and Noita already, but there were a few I hadn't heard about. For some reason I mixed up Void Bastards with Deep Sky Derelicts, whoops.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Azran posted:

Seconding Monolith w/DLC. Extremely good. I also really like Nuclear Throne, though not as much as Monolith.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Crypt of Necrodancer

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

tripwood posted:

Void Bastards is really good and replaces the traditional platforming with System Shock 2 inspired FPS gameplay.
Only in the loosest of senses, fair warning. There is really nothing about that game which is actually anything like System Shock 2, except for the fact that it's an FPS where you shoot things. I was incredibly disappointed by it and the way it sells itself as being derived from System Shock 2 only made that feeling worse.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
How the heck is nobody talking about Geforce Now? It's basically what everyone wanted Stadia to be. It links you to your Steam library and you can play ALMOST any game from it, instantly, regardless of your computer specs. You just need a good connection. You can try it for free for an hour at a time and then its only $5 a month. I tested it out with Batman Arkham Knight and it loaded up immediately, all my cloud saves were still there, played absolutely fine with no noticeable lag. The biggest disappointment to me is that two of the games that don't work are Monster Hunter World and Red Dead 2. Thankfully I just spent way too much money building a machine that can play those games so...

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 5, 2020

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

mostly because game streaming isn't that great and kind of pointless if you already have a gaming pc

Andrast fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 5, 2020

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
ok but what if you DON'T have a gaming PC?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

then you're probably playing your videogames on a console

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

ok but what if you DON'T have a gaming PC?

This is the steam thread

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Cowcaster posted:

then you're probably playing your videogames on a console

And now you don't have to. Which is why this is interesting. Or at least I thought it was interesting, I guess its evidently not at all interesting? You can play your Steam library from your phone now.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

Cardiovorax posted:

Only in the loosest of senses, fair warning. There is really nothing about that game which is actually anything like System Shock 2, except for the fact that it's an FPS where you shoot things. I was incredibly disappointed by it and the way it sells itself as being derived from System Shock 2 only made that feeling worse.

I dunno, I am a huge SS2 fan and it ticked off a lot of good boxes for me.

*Survival in a spaceship where the enemies outclass you and you have low ammo
*Good monster AI that encourages stealth, they are far from dumb and react quickly
*Superb audio that encourages you to listen to the enemies patrolling around
*If you start to panic and run around screaming, you're probably going to die

It's not a complete game like SS2 and the story is barely there, but the gameplay is very solid in its genre.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

And now you don't have to. Which is why this is interesting. Or at least I thought it was interesting, I guess its evidently not at all interesting? You can play your Steam library from your phone now.

well that sounds extremely unpleasant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you're not playing your games on a pc, and you're not playing your games on a console, it probably means you're spending your time on things that are better than videogames in the first place

remember that time when blizzard announced they were making a new mobile diablo game and got booed out of town while the guy said "don't you all have smartphones?"