Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I'm reminded of the time that cadbury had one of those instant win a free chocolate bar competitions. They printed a message on the inside of the wrapper, but they only printed the message if it was a winning bar, and you could see a slight indent on the wrapper from the outside because of the printing.

Somewhat related, Freddo frog packaging has various endangered frog species on them starting this week. I did the 3d modelling for those frogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Kharnifex posted:

Did a nice roast goat leg last night, totally underused meat in Oz

Goat.

First time I had goat was at a Kenyan party on the BBQ.

They put on no seasoning, and made it well-done.

You gotta gnawn like a rodent.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

EoinCannon posted:

Somewhat related, Freddo frog packaging has various endangered frog species on them starting this week. I did the 3d modelling for those frogs.

Can you show us the frogs?

E: "Of the many preventative measures you can take to protect yourself from the new coronavirus, wearing a face mask is one of the most visible. But health experts don’t think it will help much."

Blow fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Feb 8, 2020

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
uploading receipts for a health insurance claim and VERY high right now mates

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I emptied the rain gauge when it hit 80mm not long after 6. We now have a blackout but it also covers Katoomba so something big has gone down

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Blow posted:

Can you show us the frogs?

Strangely enough Cadbury hasn't done a press release yet.
The studio has been putting some of the renders on IG though

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8PaTQrn2FT/?igshid=ym45xwoexkk7

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

EoinCannon posted:

Wait you did the talking Ram on the RAMS home loans ad?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Wait you did the talking Ram on the RAMS home loans ad?

Colleagues of mine before I worked with them.
The ram has been done by several companies, used to be done by Animal Logic who made Happy Feet and other animated features.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Gotta admit that ram had a lot of personality for capitalist shill

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Gotta admit that ram had a lot of personality for capitalist shill

I would rather watch Shaw The Sheep on LSD than that loving sheep.

E: True storey

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Sheep (Ovis aries) are quadrupedal, ruminant mammals typically kept as livestock. Like most ruminants, sheep are members of the order Artiodactyla, the even-toed ungulates. Although the name sheep applies to many species in the genus Ovis, in everyday usage it almost always refers to Ovis aries. Numbering a little over one billion, domestic sheep are also the most numerous species of sheep. An adult female is referred to as a ewe (/juː/), an intact male as a ram, occasionally a tup, a castrated male as a wether, and a young sheep is a lamb

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Got a few drops of kimchi juice on my new bestest shirt and it's fucken ruined. Wish korea never got invented, no wonder they call it hell-Joseon.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

EoinCannon posted:

These are incredible

the cool posts kid
Jul 24, 2007

those are some good motherfuckin frogs

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I hope you guys work on a HD remake of Pocket Frogs next.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Isaac posted:

Whered you get it from?

Vietnamese butcher, the superior butcher , try the pork loin with skin off or the nem nurong

When we were in highschool, my friends were learning German, and used to call the Rams homeloans phone line and harass this German guy, over and over again, saying stuff in German like I am the angel of death the time of purification is at hand, one day, he had quit, and they were so sad, they all seemed to have fun with it.

Kharnifex fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Feb 8, 2020

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I have a real dumbass questions thst honestly I've asked myself for a long time.

When you're in the outback on some street that goes in one direction for hundreds of miles with nobody around, do people actually care about the speed limit? Do they just go as fast as they like, or as the road allows, or do people generally stay under the limit?

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Son of Rodney posted:

I have a real dumbass questions thst honestly I've asked myself for a long time.

When you're in the outback on some street that goes in one direction for hundreds of miles with nobody around, do people actually care about the speed limit? Do they just go as fast as they like, or as the road allows, or do people generally stay under the limit?

No, it's measured by tinnies. How many tinnies from Louth to menindee?

You speed and drink drive and dodge emus and roos and shinglebacks.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
RAMS had to cut back because of the Royal Commission so now the Ram is played by NVJ in a suit.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Son of Rodney posted:

Whenever I'm out in the sticks I generally just drive to the road. Could be 20 over or could be 20 under. It's always shithouse getting back into the urban fringe again and having to drive with one eye on the speedo.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Kharnifex posted:

Sounds sufficiently aussie to me to be true, thanks mate!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don’t think it matters much during the day tbh, not much to hit and you can see forever. I’d be poo poo scared to go much more than 100 anywhere at night bc your stopping distance is completely hosed and you’re 100% gonna clean up a roo at some point in your life

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Son of Rodney posted:

Sounds sufficiently aussie to me to be true, thanks mate!

Yeah it's not a joke, there is signs on the road where people have spray painted the tinnie counts next to the KM mark

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Boned a leg of lamb to completion. Mashed up some garlic rosemary and salt aond spread it on and rolled it up real good. Man it was tasty

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Kharnifex posted:

Yeah it's not a joke, there is signs on the road where people have spray painted the tinnie counts next to the KM mark

Okay people drinking while driving in the outback is something I have no problems believing but this is just hilarious.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I used to sink alot of driving tinnies

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just alot of tinnies in general really

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

As blow mentioned, goat can get chewy if overdone, there's no fat in the striated muscle tissue like lamb, so you have to be smart.

I usually crush garlic cloves and tuck them in incisions, and use a decent amount of stock and redwine in a roasting pan. Or use a cast iron pot/coals.

I want to experiment with wrapping pig skin/fat belly around one.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Copped 200mm of rain. I had to empty the rain gauge last night cause it already had 80mm in it. Today is already looking like it’ll be more rain.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
150mm last night. Hen slept in the laundry

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Son of Rodney posted:

I had a pic I took on my phone driving at 245km (152 mph in the outback).

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Uber eats is unavailable in Newtown and I'm extremely hungover what the gently caress is this bullshit

If under employed uni students can't bring me food in the pouring rain so I can stay home doing nothing what is the fuckin point of your app?!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I made the mistake of leaving my grey water hose along a path while this rains been about and the pumpkins have taken over and claimed dominance of the path now. It’s gone.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Laserface posted:

Uber eats is unavailable in Newtown and I'm extremely hungover what the gently caress is this bullshit

If under employed uni students can't bring me food in the pouring rain so I can stay home doing nothing what is the fuckin point of your app?!

It should be but I’m guessing things aren’t yet open or people have decided not to go out.
Had to head to Katoomba for groceries cause leura woolies is hosed after the blackout last night. A power pole had fallen across a road though and destroyed the light at the top of it.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I used uber eats the other day and when I finished my order it said I was too far for delivery

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The closest thing we have to Uber eats is the kid who will pick up your food from the pub and deliver it to you on a scooter for 2 bucks. You gotta keep your credit card on file at the pub though but apparently people already did that and sent their kids out on bikes and this kid had the bright idea of just stinging his mates parents for it and it caught on

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Kharnifex posted:

I'd accept rolling a truck for shinglebacks but gently caress swerving for deer and emus.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

There's a sign somewhere in North western Tasmania that says "30 boags tins" to Launceston and it was about 3 hours so it sounds right to me

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Saw some sweet bands last night.

Potion, a Sydney doom metal band followed by sumeru who are more sludge but had some fat riffs that got brought back slower and heavier a bunch.

Main act was Beastwars from NZ. Never really got into them and I still don't think I will but their show was impressively heavy for a bunch of kiwi dads.

I was completely off my chops and it was sick as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Looks like part of the train line between Katoomba and leura has slid down the hill. That’ll make things interesting