Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
People saying that the XFL will close after one season really don't understand how much money Vince is planning on stuffing into this thing. Ungodly, gently caress you amounts of money

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Low Desert Punk posted:

People saying that the XFL will close after one season really don't understand how much money Vince is planning on stuffing into this thing. Ungodly, gently caress you amounts of money

That's true, but I think that if the ratings are bad, they'll lose their distribution from the networks. Isn't that what killed the original XFL?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Why aren’t we talking about how the teams now have theme songs???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp-NwqnfUZ8

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
hey its saturday but you know what? gently caress it, i'm going to watch a quarter of football

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'm glad that former Ravens 1st round pick that totally lived up to his hype, Matt Elam, is the starting safety for D.C. Defenders

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
THIS!

IS!!

THE EX....EFFF.....ELLLLLL!!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpbpsViIrY8

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
gdt

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3913904

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTJkFi06LFk

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I will say, of all the rules that they're changing, I'm fond of the kickoff rule.

Schiano rule is better, but this, if you have to have one, is a decent compromise.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh hey it's "Put Steve Smith into the Hall of Fame" o'clock

quote:

ON FORMER CAROLINA RUNNING BACKS JONATHAN STEWART AND DEANGELO WILLIAMS

Smith: “Jonathan (who attended Smith’s talk Friday) was a great running back. And Jonathan knew that there were certain points of the game — DeAngelo isn’t here so I’ll tell this one anyway — DeAngelo would tiptoe through the hole. And when he’d tiptoe, I’d look to the sideline and go, ‘Get his a--- out of here and put Stewie in, because I’m not blocking for free.’”

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Made a logo that better reflects the Seattle team

That was still a very fun game to watch, wish there was a San Francisco team again, I'd love to see it live.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

oh hey it's "Put Steve Smith into the Hall of Fame" o'clock

i love steve forever

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I missed the dragons game because I thought 2pm pacific :negative:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

You say Lamar Jackson I say Cardale Jones

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Wait wait wait wait wait...

Kevin Gilbride is the head coach of New York?!

I’m so very, very conflicted about this now.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

so are these games any good or is it a few hours of receivers dropping passes and RBs with zero burst to the line like the AAF was

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Well Sammie Coates is still a drop machine and the RBs are ssllllllooooooooowwwwww

But PJ Walker kinda owns

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

Cardale Jones averaged 11 yards an attempt B)

But yeah, the running stinks

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
The production is fun, lots of field-level sound. The games look like they're played and officiated competently and I like the kickoffs now that I've seen them in action. This is not the worst thing I've had on while I crash on my couch and shitpost on my phone all day.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The start of the second half of the first game was sexy fun football

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
Games good.

Doesn't look like you can see box scores on ESPN or the XFL website tho

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

cpranger posted:

Games good.

Doesn't look like you can see box scores on ESPN or the XFL website tho

https://stats.xfl.com/2

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

So far so good RIP the eternal champions of the AAF the Orlando Apollos

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So is the verdict so far: "It's football"?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Yup

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Weird question I had from the MTD: The second game took three hours which seems to be in line with the average for the NFL. I thought XFL was going for a faster pace, what are the things that are supposed to move the game along faster and can they do more?

I'm sure it sounds dumb as gently caress to you dudes but I'd probably be all in and ordering some tickets if it didn't feel like that second game took an eternity

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Xceptable Football League

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I think the expectation is that the pace of place will tighten up as the season goes on, but realistically between injury timeouts/challenges/etc I don’t think it’ll end up being that different. One less timeout and a shortened play clock can only go so far

e: if the tickets are really like $10 I’d say just go to one and if you get bored leave early and beat the traffic. I’m sure it’ll still be a fun experience

WEH fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 9, 2020

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I’m optimistic about it. First games from a brand new league, and they weren’t that bad.

I’ll watch tomorrow’s games as well I think.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

WEH posted:

I think the expectation is that the pace of place will tighten up as the season goes on, but realistically between injury timeouts/challenges/etc I don’t think it’ll end up being that different. One less timeout and a shortened play clock can only go so far

e: if the tickets are really like $10 I’d say just go to one and if you get bored leave early and beat the traffic. I’m sure it’ll still be a fun experience

I will probably check out at least one game just to say I did. I believed the marketing hype though and I somehow expected a really high pace which in retrospect was dumb.

It's weird how a bit of time can make such a difference, I've got season tickets to soccer which is regularly close to or over 2 hours, watch a handful of hockey and basketball games every year that are over 2 hours pretty much every time and I enjoy that just fine but man does my stupid lizard brain just start turning off when it comes to the later half of baseball or football games.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Spent a bit googling trying to find any sort of replay without success. :sigh: I was really looking forward to the XFL debut today, but if half the games are on Saturdays I’ll never get to see them.

Hype for the games tomorrow though. Hoping for hilarious clownball.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Clock timing rules in the last two minutes of the half should prolong the game a little bit, since teams can't run the clock out so easily.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I enjoyed when it confused a team so much they accidently ran out the clock at the half while setting up for a field goal.

I look forward to the time when a team screws up the extra point math on a lead allowing for the other team to make an avoidable comeback.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I missed the first half of the Dragons game, but caught all of the Roughnecks game.

If tomorrow's games hold up, I'd say that the XFL is off to a better start than the AAF was.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Imagine football

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/cjzer0/status/1226357972345008129

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

sweet thursday posted:

Imagine football

it's easy if you try