Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Glen Cook apparently wrote a new Black Company book and it also apparently sucks

Rip

I'm reading Hemingway at the moment instead and the romance in this one is between a general in his 50s and a 19 year old lol
chris kluwe wrote another book and it's 'inspired by Ready Player One' and its called Otaku. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Otaku is the debut novel from former NFL player and tech enthusiast Chris Kluwe, with a story reminiscent of Ready Player One and Ender's Game.

Ditchtown.

A city of skyscrapers, built atop the drowned bones of old Miami. A prison of steel, filled with unbelievers. A dumping ground for strays, runaways, and malcontents.

Within these towering monoliths, Ashley Akachi is a young woman trying her best to cope with a brother who's slipping away, a mother who's already gone, and angry young men who want her put in her place. Ditchtown, however, is not the only world Ash inhabits.

Within Infinite Game, a virtual world requiring physical perfection, Ash is Ashura the Terrible, leader of the Sunjewel Warriors, loved, feared, and watched by millions across the globe. Haptic chambers, known as hapspheres, translate their every move in the real to the digital―and the Sunjewel Warriors' feats are legendary.

However, Ash is about to stumble upon a deadly conspiracy that will set her worlds crashing together, and in the real, you only get to die once…

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

sounds like poo poo Chris Kuwel

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I saw the A Quiet Place Part II trailer and it literally looks like The Last of Us with the serial numbers filed off, down to the title naming convention.

Last of us Mom edition. Which seems like it could be good

Also the new Christopher Nolan movie looks sick as hell

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol

good stuff chris. descriptive language, dragon vore

I sigh as I unsheath my katana

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 11, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The 7th Guest posted:

lol

Time to throw ol Ernest into the dumpster

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What stands out for me the most for some reason is the passage, “lactic acid burning my arms and legs” (p. 34)
This Kluwe fellow didn’t allow his experiences in the nfl to go to waste

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
To be fair the KB&M controls aren't terrible, I had to switch to them for a while when my controller went kaput and now they've fixed it so the mouse reads raw input rather than the weird delayed stuff it's easy enough to adjust

That said, it's a brawler and those games just feel better on gamepad and if I don't get to feel the rumble during a Switch Axe explosion I feel empty inside

Rajang is a bastard and it felt good to kill the ugly poo poo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Today I lucked into perhaps the most sought-after item in Path of Exile, a belt that temporarily grants you the modifiers of the rare monsters you kill.

Is this the climax of my life? Will tomorrow be the beginning of the dénouement? Stay tuned

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Sell account and give the profit to me charity me

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The 7th Guest posted:

lol

That's amazing, it's indistinguishable from parody

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Also I think he's trying to rip off Neuromancer which is more lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Whoops I mean Snow Crash but probably accidentally since RPO is real similar to it too

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kerrzhe posted:

i play on mouse and keyboard because i'm a PC gamer and that's what i'm used to :(

also this is my new look, feels pretty cute

I'm a PC Gamer but I still use a controller for 3rd person games

two thumbsticks just feels way better for that style of game, and controllers are readily available for PC (all the major console controllers work with pc, plus there's more too)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i wish i still had the excerpts from kluwe's non fiction book. this is the only one i have saved

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's like a lovely Ready Player One.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Guy supports the destruction of the NCAA and unionizing esports players so he's ok in my book

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Hi this is usually more kite's thread to post in but he asked me if I wanted to share in here the good news and I said sure

after only 2 months working at my current job they've given me a raise!!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Infinitum posted:

It's like a lovely Ready Player One.

As bad as it is I actually think RPO is worse because Kluwe is at least kind of trying and isn't just listing off names of movies or games or bands

Unrelated, I am now addicted to Bimbuñuelos. They're ridiculously tasty.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

precision posted:

As bad as it is I actually think RPO is worse because Kluwe is at least kind of trying and isn't just listing off names of movies or games or bands

"...and of course, Kevin Smith."

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

Hi this is usually more kite's thread to post in but he asked me if I wanted to share in here the good news and I said sure

Congrats!

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 11, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chris Kluwe seems kind of uh, consumeristly nerdy but he in general has good opinions on social issues so its hard for me to be particularly harsh on the guy for writing books as a passion project.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Until Kluwe writes a poem as bad as "an ode to nerd girls" or whatever that was he's better than Cline

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Until Kluwe writes a poem as bad as "an ode to nerd girls" or whatever that was he's better than Cline

also rothfuss, going by this metric

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How is Kluwe pronounced? Like clue, clue-vuh, clue-eh, cluh, or what?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

precision posted:

Ready Player One was a legit good read, other than the weirdly pointing out that Virtual gently caress City exists.

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
well and the prose, the plot, the characters, the themes, the

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Have you guys heard of Rush?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

I know what you do from Discord conversations and I genuinely hope it's going well and that they're treating you well and it looks like it! Congrats, lol.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

stev posted:

Have you guys heard of Rush?

The demon rush?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Feb 11, 2020

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

legs and butt the same

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Boobs are what?!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Starting to think this is viral marketing

May 8, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Boobs are what?!

Boobs are

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"The colors taste like triangles" is actually pretty good

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mBRuKNdI7M&t=42s

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The demon rush?

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Brooks Cracktackle

Cherry Venus

Claire Colpa

By accepting this EULA you promise to commit no crimes of any sort, anywhere

Massively inflated install size thanks to including printer drivers in fifteen languages

I love The Demon Rush. Did you know the dude went on to make a PS4 game and it's every bit as hilarious? :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjvhyzUR8AQ

Apparently he's done more since then and has learned nothing. To be fair I admire that kind of tenacity

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hebrew font included in the game.

Jimmy the hero

Brooks Cracktackle and his weapon, a howitzer

Songbearer posted:

To be fair I admire that kind of tenacity

I see what you did there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The 7th Guest posted:

Otaku is the debut novel from former NFL player and tech enthusiast Chris Kluwe, with a story reminiscent of Ready Player One and Ender's Game.

Ditchtown.

A city of skyscrapers, built atop the drowned bones of old Miami. A prison of steel, filled with unbelievers. A dumping ground for strays, runaways, and malcontents.

Within these towering monoliths, Ashley Akachi is a young woman trying her best to cope with a brother who's slipping away, a mother who's already gone, and angry young men who want her put in her place. Ditchtown, however, is not the only world Ash inhabits.

Within Infinite Game, a virtual world requiring physical perfection, Ash is Ashura the Terrible, leader of the Sunjewel Warriors, loved, feared, and watched by millions across the globe. Haptic chambers, known as hapspheres, translate their every move in the real to the digital―and the Sunjewel Warriors' feats are legendary.

However, Ash is about to stumble upon a deadly conspiracy that will set her worlds crashing together, and in the real, you only get to die once…
Dear dystopian writers, ready player one is not something you can analog when it is a rehash of other better books. This description starts off just like snow crash. I'm so tired.