Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Bobby Digital posted:

it’s leopards. cheetahs don’t really attack adult humans in the wild and I won’t stand for this vile defamation :colbert:

You're right, I feel terrible about this. Cheetas are the golden retrievers of the giant cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

She put her racism before her finances and now she regrets it somewhat.

Whenever they say "he said a lot of things I agree with" it's 100% always the racism.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

flashy_mcflash posted:

Whenever they say "he said a lot of things I agree with" it's 100% always the racism.
also "LOCKIN' HER UP" but who among us...

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Hmmmm.... I wonder what mysterious things she agreed with Trump on.... hmmmmmmmm

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

I think a lot of them where 100% racism, and a lot of them just latched on to some stuff (jobs!) And willfully ignored the rest and a lot of them realized that the alternative was poo poo for them personally, has always been poo poo for them, personally,and there was no perspective of change for them, personally. There's a bunch of pissed off leftists in my country that aren't straight up chuds and alt-right because the left managed to identify the real causes and communicate and empathise with their anger better that the Nazis.

There goes me but for the grace of marx

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

How did she vote Obama in 2012 and Trump in 2016 because of racism? It might have been his jobs, jobs, jobs drain the swamp thing. Unless she considered President Obama an American and it's just those drat foreigners she hates.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

I think a lot of them where 100% racism, and a lot of them just latched on to some stuff (jobs!) And willfully ignored the rest and a lot of them realized that the alternative was poo poo for them personally, has always been poo poo for them, personally,and there was no perspective of change for them, personally. There's a bunch of pissed off leftists in my country that aren't straight up chuds and alt-right because the left managed to identify the real causes and communicate and empathise with their anger better that the Nazis.

There goes me but for the grace of marx

Yeah, a big thing of the left's revival is that it was the only place left to go after liberals completely stopped acknowledging the existence of real people's problems, other than the nazis who had basically free reign with the massive swatches of disenfranchised and alienated young people with no idea why they were promised the world and got nothing.

An insane mind posted:

How did she vote Obama in 2012 and Trump in 2016 because of racism? It might have been his jobs, jobs, jobs drain the swamp thing. Unless she considered President Obama an American and it's just those drat foreigners she hates.

Even racists will possibly vote for a minority who has something to offer them, which Obama pretended to do.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

An insane mind posted:

A dumb guy I know occasionally makes startlingly insightful points, and one of them is “Obama won because white people thought if they elected him they wouldn’t have to think about race anymore. It didn’t work, obviously, so they then voted for Trump, who was promising the same thing, albeit with a completely different method.”

Basically his argument is that racists voted for Obama to absolve themselves of racism and it’s a pretty convincing one.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

neither mitt nor McCain were particularly compelling racists as well

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

raminasi posted:

A dumb guy I know occasionally makes startlingly insightful points, and one of them is “Obama won because white people thought if they elected him they wouldn’t have to think about race anymore. It didn’t work, obviously, so they then voted for Trump, who was promising the same thing, albeit with a completely different method.”

Basically his argument is that racists voted for Obama to absolve themselves of racism and it’s a pretty convincing one.

I don't think the first white people and the second white people intersect at all.unless the rationale was "we'll we tried the black guy and he hosed up, let's try the loud mouth con artist, he'll certainly deliver".
Because the biggest question them , to me , is: what did the black guy hosed up? Minority Genocide?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

raminasi posted:

This is pretty obvious looking at both chuds and liberals; the former basically going 'We let a black person be presidentt, what more could you want?' and the latter who bought into rainbow capitalism believing basically the same thing.

I don't think the first white people and the second white people intersect at all.unless the rationale was "we'll we tried the black guy and he hosed up, let's try the loud mouth con artist, he'll certainly deliver".
Because the biggest question them , to me , is: what did the black guy hosed up? Minority Genocide?

He didn't make them not have to think about racism, and stop people from kneeling for the flag or saying black lives matter.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

That's so god drat depressing. :/
My hope is that Bernie will loving crush Trump and pull these people into better lives by the roots of their loving hair.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

euphronius posted:

neither mitt nor McCain were particularly compelling racists as well

McCain couldn't even lean in on "Obama is a Muslim" when handed to him by crazy people

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This is pretty obvious looking at both chuds and liberals; the former basically going 'We let a black person be presidentt, what more could you want?' and the latter who bought into rainbow capitalism believing basically the same thing.

He didn't make them not have to think about racism, and stop people from kneeling for the flag or saying black lives matter.

Yeah, but are those the same people who voted Obama==>trump though?
Who went "we've elected Obama, racism is solved " to a guy whose opening pitch was "we're gonna do so many racisms,the best racisms"?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Yeah, but are those the same people who voted Obama==>trump though?
Who went "we've elected Obama, racism is solved " to a guy whose opening pitch was "we're gonna do so many racisms,the best racisms"?

The point is to make nonwhite people shut up and behave, by whatever works. Of course they don't think about it in the long term.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

raminasi posted:

"having to think about race" wasn't the leading problem in anyone's life in 2008, or 2016. It's an idiot's guess at what kind of things might motivate other people.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

"having to think about race" wasn't the leading problem in anyone's life in 2008, or 2016. It's an idiot's guess at what kind of things might motivate other people.

So what do you guess it is :D

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

there's a pretty obvious common thread between Reagan, Clinton, Bush, Obama, and Trump, and it's that they were the outsider choices who made a big production in the primary of how they'd spent the least time of the available options in fancy-pants out-of-touch Washington, and in the general represented the opposition to the previous administration. Swing voters have spent the last four decades picking "anything but what we have now" for President irrespective of what it is, not worrying about how to get black people off their TV

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 16:26 on Feb 11, 2020

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Some of us had this crazy idea that he'd end forever war.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The point is to make nonwhite people shut up and behave, by whatever works. Of course they don't think about it in the long term.

So the logic was electing a black dude to the most powerfull and visible job on the planet was supposed to stop the minorities from being uppity?

There's already a whole system in place to get non white people to shut up and behave.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

raminasi posted:

I have no way to prove this cause it was in a local paper sometime in 2008, but they were interviewing the leader of a Klan splinter because they'd endorsed Obama for president. So obviously the reporter asked why and he said something along the lines of "we're hoping seeing a black president will wake up white America to everything we've been saying all along".

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

Some of us had this crazy idea that he'd end forever war.

I mean, this one as good answer as any I guess.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

there's a pretty obvious common thread between Reagan, Clinton, Bush, Obama, and Trump, and it's that they were the outsider choices who made a big production in the primary of how they'd spent the least time of the available options in fancy-pants out-of-touch Washington, and in the general represented the opposition to the previous administration. Swing voters have spent the last four decades picking "anything but what we have now" for President irrespective of what it is, not worrying about how to End Racism Forever

how was bush an outsider choice?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Byzantine posted:

I have no way to prove this cause it was in a local paper sometime in 2008, but they were interviewing the leader of a Klan splinter because they'd endorsed Obama for president. So obviously the reporter asked why and he said something along the lines of "we're hoping seeing a black president will wake up white America to everything we've been saying all along".
I remember a coworker telling me about an article about white supremacists who were voting for Obama, but when I went and read it, it was clear that this sentiment wasn't common.

The opinion of one guy they quoted was that Obama was an outsider to the monolithic conspiracy he believes is running everything. So he voted for Obama for the same reason he almost certainly voted for Trump 8 years later, assuming he didn't die in the interim.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Drunkboxer posted:

His opponent was the Vice President.

That's the logic that makes Bush an outsider. It doesn't make any sense if you think about it for even a moment, but it isn't like these people are doing any thought about politics anyway.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

So the logic was electing a black dude to the most powerfull and visible job on the planet was supposed to stop the minorities from being uppity?

There's already a whole system in place to get non white people to shut up and behave.

The argument isn’t that they’re smart.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Drunkboxer posted:

because he said he was, and that’s all it takes lol

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Bush was a Texas good ol' boy you could sit down and have a beer with.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Drunkboxer posted:

He ran a primary against John McCain with zero prior experience in the federal government besides watching his daddy be a mild embarrassment to the party and spent the whole time playing up his country-boy down-home common sense schtick like that made him a loving cattle rancher, then did it again against the Vice President

(I'm leaving out Keyrs here cause lol that one should be self explanatory)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mccain was the insider of all insiders but he semi-successfully marketed himself as a 'maverick' outsider.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

there's a pretty obvious common thread between Reagan, Clinton, Bush, Obama, and Trump, and it's that they were the outsider choices

the problem with this theory is that they all* served two terms. if being an outsider is the key they should get thrown out after one.

*trump excepted, inshallah

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
presenting as an outsider is effective, but so is being the incumbent.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ikanreed posted:

McCain couldn't even lean in on "Obama is a Muslim" when handed to him by crazy people

Yet he still couldn't manage to shoot it down without tooting that dogwhistle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrnRU3ocIH4
"Obama is an Arab"
“No, ma’am. He’s a decent family man, citizen, that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues”

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

canyoneer posted:

Yet he still couldn't manage to shoot it down without tooting that dogwhistle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrnRU3ocIH4
"Obama is an Arab"
“No, ma’am. He’s a decent family man, citizen, that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues”

Right and if he'd been openly racist he would've won.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ikanreed posted:

Right and if he'd been openly racist he would've won.

maybe

the voting public was doing its normal swing there from one party to the other after 8 years

(not saying gt here was many crossover voters just differences in turnout)

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

the problem with this theory is that they all* served two terms. if being an outsider is the key they should get thrown out after one.

*trump excepted, inshallah

The outsider effect is a big deal in primaries, which obviously aren't happening with a Presidential incumbent unless they've really hosed up. Incumbents have tremendous latitude to use their office to get out the vote among their symps while anyone who isn't seriously unhappy with them stays home.

Also when we're talking swing voters we're not talking about a consistent political philosophy so much as a small minority of relatively politically disengaged people who at the individual level vote for all kinds of asinine reasons, including "I want to back a winner" and, probably for a few, "I want whoever'll get black people off my TV". We're talking vague tendencies in the by-definition least predictable bunch of voters, the kind of galaxy-brained genius who'd vote Obama and then Trump.

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 17:53 on Feb 11, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

No Republican was going to win in 2008.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

if only there were 3rd option :bernin:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

An insane mind posted:

There's lots of white people who have made peace with black people, but hate immigrants

Or, she's lying about voting for Obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ElGroucho posted:

Or, she's lying about voting for Obama
Ding ding ding.