Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

Persona x Batman. Sure.

Worked for Fire Emblem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Persona x Batman. Sure.

I want my Batman X Ace Attorney game so bad.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

You play as Harvey, right?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

During the trials, and in between them you gather evidence as Batman.

Robin is Maya.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I think Gumshoe might actually be too good of a cop to work for the Gotham PD.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Crowetron posted:

I think Gumshoe might actually be too good of a cop to work for the Gotham PD.

Yeah, he's too dumb to be crooked

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1215359587026657288

Announce the loving Batman game already, gently caress

I really hope that whatever this shakes out as is more interesting than just "The different organizations on the graphic represent different types of missions in the open world" type deal

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Vince MechMahon posted:

No, that’s the Birdman crossover.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's gonna be some 'all these groups vie for control but they balance gotham' thing.

Else the Court of Owls will be behind everything like The Light.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Harvey Dent: Face Attorney?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

OnimaruXLR posted:

I really hope that whatever this shakes out as is more interesting than just "The different organizations on the graphic represent different types of missions in the open world" type deal

You know that's what it will be and they will all be unskippable and can only be played and beaten using the Batmobile.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

They've at least gotta make the Batwing playable!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I love the Battank but now it has an extra dimension of movement

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waffleman_ posted:

I love the Battank but now it has an extra dimension of movement

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

OnimaruXLR posted:

Maybe they'll take the open world to its logical conclusion and make it like Saint's Row 2.

So the city is infested with bad guys and as you work through the game you slowly take back control. More police are on the streets, less random crime to fight (not reduced to 0 though) and random gang wars between the factions.

Man, now that's got me thinking that a mashup of Crackdown 1's mission style, Saints Row 2's world takeover mission style and the narratively interwoven gameplay style of the Arkham games would be awesome.

Penguin is dealing arms out of the Bay District? In you swoop, complete a dynamic predator/combat mission and clear him out. Who moves in? Well, that depends on who the next strongest faction is nearby and you might even see a turf war between the gangs to take it.

Removing the arms from Penguin also means he now has fewer armed gang members in other parts of the city making him weaker over all and letting other gangs take over.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-next-batman-arkham-game-is-set-to-kick-off-a-shared-dc-game-universe-claims-new-report/

Reports are saying that Montreal's new Arkham game is a soft reboot meant to kick off a shared DC game universe, including a new Superman game for next-gen from an "undisclosed studio" (come on it's Rocksteady)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
jesus christ can anything not be a shared universe these days?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Ownership of the means of production and intellectual property.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-next-batman-arkham-game-is-set-to-kick-off-a-shared-dc-game-universe-claims-new-report/

Reports are saying that Montreal's new Arkham game is a soft reboot meant to kick off a shared DC game universe, including a new Superman game for next-gen from an "undisclosed studio" (come on it's Rocksteady)

Superman fans really need to give up the idea of a rocksteady Superman game, that rumor is like 15 years old.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, they're going to have loving announce the thing before they can do any of that.

No, popping up on Twitter to say "we're doing something!" and loving off for another few months doesn't count.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I can't give a poo poo until there's a gameplay trailer to watch. These little tee-hee! teases of nothing are worthless.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If they never announce it, they won't have to delay it for a year down the road

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

TwoPair posted:

jesus christ can anything not be a shared universe these days?

Yeah! And I don't wanna see Supes put on the suit, and I wanna see him flight a giant spider!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yeah! And I don't wanna see Supes put on the suit, and I wanna see him flight a giant spider!

Yes, yes, Mr Peters, everyone can fight a giant spider...

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Honestly isn't Batman the thing that ends up dragging down a lot of shared universe stuff anyways? Because a lot of the things that can work for him as a solo hero+ensemble cast either don't work as well with the rest of DC's big heroes or directly contradicts most of the things that people like about them.

There have been great things with batman and the other DC heroes, but they have to be planned like that from the start. You can't have a story of Batman alone against a hostile world and plug in everyone else and expect it to be the same.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

For me the problem is always Superman. He's just too drat powerful and benevolent for the rest of the universe to exist as is. That's why so many writers try to make him more flawed or weaker, which makes him suck more but makes the rest of the story better.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

SlothfulCobra posted:

Honestly isn't Batman the thing that ends up dragging down a lot of shared universe stuff anyways? Because a lot of the things that can work for him as a solo hero+ensemble cast either don't work as well with the rest of DC's big heroes or directly contradicts most of the things that people like about them.

There have been great things with batman and the other DC heroes, but they have to be planned like that from the start. You can't have a story of Batman alone against a hostile world and plug in everyone else and expect it to be the same.

When Arkham Origins was announced, they said that it would feature the Silver Age JLA in it. And I thought that would be perfect.

I had this image of the games plot playing out and you'd have mention made of the Justice League trying to contact you, but Batman would keep brushing them off because he is in the middle of solving this big case.

And you'd reach a point where Batman figures out what the villains plot is (say the Joker has all these bombs he is about to drive all over Town.) but Batman gets ahead and finds the trucks when they are still in the warehouse and he's about to cut the villains plan off at the legs.

But just as you are about to go in, the Justice League appear. And they should look glowing and glorious and godlike in comparison to Batman. They should be bright and illuminate Batman in light and there should be almost like wind blowing him back in a way that makes him look vulnerable.
And they explain that they have been trying to contact him because Mogul is in low Earth Orbit in War World and he's about to start blowing up countries NOW, so they need Batman to infiltrate the ship and disable his defences.

And the next bit of the game could have been almost like a Call of Duty style game where you see Green Lantern and Wonder Woman doing these big action set pieces, while you creep past to access the ships power grid or something. Then you end up watching the League fight Mogul and periodically as Batman you jump in when Mogul is off balance to stab him with a batarang.
And when you are done you rejoin the games plot but all the villains have moved on, and Batman has to track down where all the trucks went.

Basically I see Batman in the Justice League as someone who they view in a high reguard and have need of his skills. But he himself is competely outclassed and has to rely on a lot of training and gadgets to not get instantly jibbed.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utb1Q3zOpZs

This loving game, man.

I want to give Crystal Dynamics some benefit of the doubt because they've got very rare, consistently decent chops, even when they're making games I couldn't be less interested in personally, but...

The art style is so, so bad. Why would they lean so heavily into a realistic style that cribs so much from the MCU when they can't use the likenesses of said actors? Not to mention how disturbing it makes Kamala's powers look.
The idea of the entire roster being playable seems like a disaster waiting to happen. What game does that? Are they going to be distinct enough? Or are they going to play like hacked together, slightly modified versions of each other?
And that's before the question of the dubious looter shooter mechanics that have been bandied about by S-E like it's a selling point. I guess there are some people out there whose eyes light up at the idea of running a never-ending loot treadmill, but I kinda thought they would all be playing MMOs or something.

In spite of it all, I suppose there's still a chance it could be good. But I look at it and all I can think of is checking to see if Ultimate Alliance 3 is 20 bucks yet.

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 13, 2020

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Avengers Alliance multiplayer is the worst designed game I've ever seen, in any game medium, but I still miss the single player game.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Avengers Alliance multiplayer is the worst designed game I've ever seen, in any game medium, but I still miss the single player game.

A turn based Avengers console/PC game could be a lot of fun

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I've wanted a superhero/more comic book-y version of X-Com ever since Firaxis resurrected that franchise, so no arguments from me there

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's Sentinels of Freedom if it ever comes out.

OnimaruXLR posted:

In spite of it all, I suppose there's still a chance it could be good. But I look at it and all I can think of is checking to see if Ultimate Alliance 3 is 20 bucks yet.

MUA3 is Nintendo published so it will never drop below retail officially.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

OnimaruXLR posted:

I've wanted a superhero/more comic book-y version of X-Com ever since Firaxis resurrected that franchise, so no arguments from me there

Yeah the X-Com engine could work REALLY well for Marvel or DC

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can't wait to see Hawkeye miss an enemy at point blank range because the RNG screwed him.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Superhero games i'd like someone to take a shot at? Besides another HULK: Ultimate Destruction game I mean.

I'd like to see:

Daredevil - I think the stuff that the Arkham games did with detective vision give us a good jumping off point here, Just take the basics of that type of "vision" and stretch it out further to make it more critical to gameplay. Matt can with off lights to use stealth, sense where enemies are, use smell and hearing to work things out or follow trails. You could add stuff that interferes with his radar too like loud noises and introduce puzzles that involve things like determining colors or having to read a computer screen. Combat takes care of itself. Maybe break it up a little and add some courtroom stuff.

Dr. Strange - I'm thinking something like Portal meets...I don't know...Inception maybe? Picturing something light on combat but heavy on weird spatial puzzles and trippy, twisty environments that you can alter with different spells. Maybe like the two different dimensions of the old Soul Reaver game. You could do some really freaky poo poo with the environments.

Moon Knight - I just love MK so give me an Arkham game with him with more brutal combat, some torture elements and maybe add some levels with the alter egos where you have to drive a cab for a little bit or sneak around as Marc Spector at some big corporate party or a bad guy's mansion. You could do some cool levels with Egyptian tombs and werewolves and poo poo. I dunno.

Green Lantern - I don't know how the gently caress you could pull this off since his power is literally "can create anything" so the problem is how do you map that concept to a controller? Maybe you start off a little green (heh) and have to unlock more powers as you go and then have each level be context sensitive in a way that changes the poo poo the ring does in different ways depending on the mission to where the game controls a lot of it. You could play as several other Lanterns on a bunch of weird No Mans Sky or Outer Worlds planets and maybe crib from Mass Effect or Deus Ex and how they handled powers and skills. Obviously each mission is on a 24 hour time limit.

Aquaman - This could be amazing. A full open world game set underwater that has puzzles you need to control fish to solve and poo poo like that. The movie lends itself well to the videogame treatment and offers a ton of cool possibilities for awesome graphics. Finally an underwater level where you can't drown.

Ant Man/The Atom - There aren't enough games where you play as a shrunken person in a regular environment but I've always found it fun. Toy Story and Micro Machines were neat like this and the idea of creating puzzles and environments based on scale seems cool.

Has there ever been a Blade videogame?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'd love a really tactical semi open world Punisher game in the vein of Punisher Max. Something like Mafia 3 or the original Crackdown where you have a bunch of targets and can take them out in any order with some scripted proper shoot em up missions for the bosses. Make Frank quite fragile so you have to really plan out the attack on targets, do some recon, interrogate the low level guys to get info, then tool up and go out, set up kill zones, put down landmines on the exits to wherever the bad guys are hiding out etc.

The original Xbox Punisher was very enjoyable back in the day so I'd also be fine with something like that again as well.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
punisher could probably work as a single soldier xcom style as well

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah the X-Com engine could work REALLY well for Marvel or DC

I want the x-com guys to make a ghostbusters game already.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 16, 2020

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BiggerBoat posted:

Has there ever been a Blade videogame?

Oh, you sweet summer child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT6G_tdFhQg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That looks like poo poo, but a company like Platinum or whichever part of Capcom did the Devil May Cry games could probably make a good one.