Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
I wish biotech actually was cool Umbrella Corp poo poo and not just scams

Edit: first day I post in forever and I page snipe 2 threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Why are they still sitting together. They should sit far apart.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
haha people itt thinking that chinas national numbers are correct and that we're not going to all get the wu and cough up most of our lungs

also seriously for anyone saying its all going to be 'ok', no its already not ok, people are suffering and dying and its probably a lot more people than is being reported and that means its not ok. ok thanks

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 13, 2020

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

When ppl say it will be okay they mean it will only kill non-westerners, whose lives are meaningless

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Badactura posted:

I wish tech under capitalism actually was cool Umbrella Corp poo poo and not just scams

FTFY

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/ezracheungtoto/status/1228016323424178185?s=20

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

We could all turn ourselves into cool goop monsters otherwise it would be so sweet

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
hi hello yes, now that it’s been a few weeks and it’s clear this isn’t going to cause the apocalypse or whatever bullshit please stop being loving weirdos itt. you can hate China and China’s government or whatever but this isn’t world war z calm the gently caress down

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

lol this looks like the absolute stupidest idiot idea that does nothing whatsoever

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Lightning Knight posted:

hi hello yes, now that it’s been a few weeks and it’s clear this isn’t going to cause the apocalypse or whatever bullshit please stop being loving weirdos itt. you can hate China and China’s government or whatever but this isn’t world war z calm the gently caress down

The usual suspects are going to shout you down with videos and r0 figures, but ultimately I think it all ends up being some version of:

"NO! NO!!!! SEE THIS IS ALL I HAVE! IF THE VIRAL APOCALYPSE ENDS THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT I DON'T HAVE TO CARE ABOUT MY lovely LIFE ANYMORE! SO I'M GOING TO DOOM POST AND/OR SPUR ON THE DOOM POSTERS BECAUSE I SECRETLY HOPE IT ALL COMES CRASHING DOWN SO EVERYONE'S LIFE ULTIMATELY MEANS NOTHING AND MY UNIMPORTANT AND MEANINGLESS EXISTENCE MEANS JUST AS MUCH AS SOMEONE WHO LIVED THEIR LIFE TO THE FULLEST! WHERE'S THE NEAREST CASE, I WANNA BE A SUPERSPREADER!" :shepface:

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
Im going to have to spin this virus into voting for Bernie at my next canvass

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Where can I find masks?

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

succ posted:

Where can I find masks?

Praying won't help ya, masks won't do ya no good

When the cruise ship docks, succ you gotta go

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The usual suspects are going to shout you down with videos and r0 figures, but ultimately I think it all ends up being some version of:

"NO! NO!!!! SEE THIS IS ALL I HAVE! IF THE VIRAL APOCALYPSE ENDS THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT I DON'T HAVE TO CARE ABOUT MY lovely LIFE ANYMORE! SO I'M GOING TO DOOM POST AND/OR SPUR ON THE DOOM POSTERS BECAUSE I SECRETLY HOPE IT ALL COMES CRASHING DOWN SO EVERYONE'S LIFE ULTIMATELY MEANS NOTHING AND MY UNIMPORTANT AND MEANINGLESS EXISTENCE MEANS JUST AS MUCH AS SOMEONE WHO LIVED THEIR LIFE TO THE FULLEST! WHERE'S THE NEAREST CASE, I WANNA BE A SUPERSPREADER!" :shepface:

I...

Hey!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

succ posted:

Where can I find masks?

do you have underware

or large socks

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/NewRightNetwork/status/1227985509860937731?s=19

The race is on to patent the vaccine before someone else can profit off it
Ah, I see what's going on. America unleashes a virus just scary enough that China jumps at the chance to vaccinate everyone, but not so scary as to actually be a threat to the US itself - because it's just a pretext to delivering vaccines laced with a highly lethal virus with a long incubation period and a poor ability to infect others.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Badactura posted:

I wish biotech actually was cool Umbrella Corp poo poo and not just scams

Edit: first day I post in forever and I page snipe 2 threads

so does almost everyone working in biotech tbh

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

succ posted:

Where can I find masks?

masks do dick all for virus particles, what you want is a full self-contained breathing suit. check out pk safety and make sure you buy a decontamination shower too for when you leave the hot zone. safety first!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
ill spoil it for you guys, its bleach, bleach is the vaccine

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I love this insane idiot future we are living in. It's my favorite

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
The CCP knew about the outbreak of nCoV for over a month, and instead of doing anything about it, they jailed the doctors and experts that spoke up about it. The CCP only took action after it was already too late and the outbreak was out of control.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
but really only 100 new cases in a whole country

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

the center for posting control and meltdown prevention

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

We should start keeping a tally of who's right and who's wrong re: the latest apocalyptic event

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's not about who's right or wrong it's about how many people have panic attacks

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CODChimera posted:

We should start keeping a tally of who's right and who's wrong re: the latest apocalyptic event

ive been keeping one and also i am winning

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i saw xi jinping and mortarian in the closet making viruses and i saw one of the viruses and the virus looked at me

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Ah, I see what's going on. America unleashes a virus just scary enough that China jumps at the chance to vaccinate everyone, but not so scary as to actually be a threat to the US itself - because it's just a pretext to delivering vaccines laced with a highly lethal virus with a long incubation period and a poor ability to infect others.

Man it's hard to keep up with this 11th dimensional chess

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Are you okay?

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Are you okay?

yeah this is 1000% accurate but its kind of weird to just post it

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
its like reporting the literal and accurate totals of new coronavirus infections to your boss in the party

like... dude, there's some things you just don't say

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

SKULL.GIF posted:

Are you okay?

Sure, because I post in obviously ironic italicized all caps so frequently. :rolleyes:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

dateline, 2020, wuhan:

the dead outnumber the living and they are the lucky ones. tried to find some water today and had to fight off a pack of rabid dogs. pets... gone feral, muzzles covered in blood. managed to find half a liter of diet pepsi in a bombed out mcdonalds, must've been part of a barricade before the PLA collapsed. electricity failed days ago but the spreading fires light the night like a horror movie.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

succ posted:

Where can I find masks?

under the windmill

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

o7

I think this thing was beyond control when it was over 8000 people

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1228038675709202432?s=19

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I've got one of these sweet looking things in a closet somewhere for all of my not getting poo poo in my mucus membrane needs:

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Man I'm getting sick already

twoday
May 4, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
:yeshaha: Poop aerosol