Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Yeah I remember doing it. NFI what I can type but it's quick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Isaac posted:

I got a mechanical keyboard im ready to press keys at a whole new level

Tell us more.

E: Do you remember the old school IBM 101 key spring-loaded keyboards?

Like they had actual steel springs in the keys.

E2: "The keyboard's many variations have their own distinct characteristics, with the vast majority having a buckling-spring key design and swappable keycaps. Model M keyboards have been praised by computer enthusiasts and frequent typists due to their durability and consistency, and the tactile and auditory feedback they provide."

Blow fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Feb 13, 2020

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Gotta get your pen license before the keyboard one mate

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
my roofs leaking on my ceiling so i ran to bunnings and got some sealant 5mins before they closed but now my ladders too short and my upper body too weak to climb up through the manhole so i gotta wait for the missus to get home and give me a boost meanwhile it looks like the outkast ms jackson filmclip up there

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
You had to play this game where a koala runs places and theres one second of sound that loops

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

maxe posted:

my roofs leaking on my ceiling so i ran to bunnings and got some sealant 5mins before they closed but now my ladders too short and my upper body too weak to climb up through the manhole so i gotta wait for the missus to get home and give me a boost meanwhile it looks like the outkast ms jackson filmclip up there

My roof is leaking too. This is why we invented buckets.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I lived in a big sharehouse with mates when I was younger. It had an upstairs and downstairs lounge. We were all sitting in the downstairs lounge when we heard a massive crash. There was some badly done flashing or something and after a week of solid rain about a 2x2 m section of sodden plaster just gave way. Also a bunch of insulation and downlights. The landlord sued the builder and my mate had to go to court

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
This was brown 10 days ago.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Also pretty sure I have 2 families of easterns on the property and they're having turf wars. This is dad from the hole in the wall gang

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Jesus that's a memory I forgot I had

I remember thinking it was useless, now everything is on a laptop and every class is keyboarding

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

EoinCannon posted:

I lived in a big sharehouse with mates when I was younger. It had an upstairs and downstairs lounge. We were all sitting in the downstairs lounge when we heard a massive crash. There was some badly done flashing or something and after a week of solid rain about a 2x2 m section of sodden plaster just gave way. Also a bunch of insulation and downlights. The landlord sued the builder and my mate had to go to court

One of my mates lived in a shareholder where there was an elaborate system of tarps strung up in order to get and drips to go out the window

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Jestery posted:

One of my mates lived in a shareholder where there was an elaborate system of tarps strung up in order to get and drips to go out the window

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Jestery posted:

Jesus that's a memory I forgot I had

I remember thinking it was useless, now everything is on a laptop and every class is keyboarding

Do you remember that goon with the pool in the basement with the lighting fixture suspended?

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

tardwrangler posted:

Nice Roos.

I gotta mow the loving lawn, but it's loving wet.

poo poo has gone from dust to like knee high.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Blow posted:

Nice Roos.

I gotta mow the loving lawn, but it's loving wet.

poo poo has gone from dust to like knee high.

Mine too. It's ridiculous how much it's grown.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
ceiling update;

some of these metal fasteners seem to be acting like a conduit for water to trickle down from between the tiles and then soak into the beams, eventually dripping down onto the ceiling

pumped water sealant into about 10 different spots, no idea how effective it will be or even if its on target. Guess ill check when the rain starts again

Saw an enormous loving centipede. I had no idea there were centipedes in australia but turns out theres one in my roof and for that reason i really hope I dont have to go up there again

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scolopendra_subspinipes
this fucker right here

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Just ordered a brewista kettle for the new joint

I'm not massively upset with some stuff not being handy but I will have a tantrum if I can't have my morning coffee

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

maxe posted:

ceiling update;

some of these metal fasteners seem to be acting like a conduit for water to trickle down from between the tiles and then soak into the beams, eventually dripping down onto the ceiling

pumped water sealant into about 10 different spots, no idea how effective it will be or even if its on target. Guess ill check when the rain starts again

Saw an enormous loving centipede. I had no idea there were centipedes in australia but turns out theres one in my roof and for that reason i really hope I dont have to go up there again

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scolopendra_subspinipes
this fucker right here

"With a wide geographic range and numerous color variations, the species is known by a great many common names including Chinese red-headed centipede, jungle centipede, orange-legged centipede, red-headed centipede and Vietnamese centipede.

It is among the largest centipedes with a maximum length of 20 cm.

This centipede is an active, aggressive predator that preys on any animal it can overpower."

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

tardwrangler posted:

they're deffo more grey now imo, its good. Watch em if they start turning red, thats when they're trouble.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Jo Jo Rabbit was good

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

tardwrangler posted:

Jo Jo Rabbit was good

Real good tbh

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Parasite is v good too, I can see why it scored a bunch of awards.

the actor Wallace Shawn
Nov 17, 2003

so im going to sydney for 10 days to visit a friend and his fiance, then off to tokyo for 12 days, but my friend is saying that it's worth staying another 4-5 days to hang out in melbourne. is it worth checking out?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

the actor Wallace Shawn posted:

so im going to sydney for 10 days to visit a friend and his fiance, then off to tokyo for 12 days, but my friend is saying that it's worth staying another 4-5 days to hang out in melbourne. is it worth checking out?

It's not as pretty as Sydney but I think it has a better CBD/inner suburbs area.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Get a kebab at coburg kebab station

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

the actor Wallace Shawn posted:

Yeah, they're different cities. If you can, you should experience both.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Isaac posted:

Get a kebab at coburg kebab station

Get a kebab at every place a taxi driver has told you has "the best kebab in Melbourne" and enjoy yourself for 6 months

Glenroy kebab house btw

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

We had a centipede jump out at us on central grand concourse last night when removing some hoarding, thing is, the entire place is covered in crickets and spiders, and they love eating all of those

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
Why does Sichuan pepper numb your mouth but not your B-hole?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Melbourne has a better nightlife/arts culture than Sydney so if you like seeing live bands, street art, normal art, its definitely worth it. Bars are also probably better in Melbourne depending what you're after. All the cool secret/small bars in Sydney are stupidly expensive.

Sydney has nicer beaches than Melbourne. Bondi is not the nicest. do not be fooled. its just full of backpackers and instagram influencers.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You should visit Melbourne because it's Sultry apparently :wink:

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Rozzbot posted:

Why does Sichuan pepper numb your mouth but not your B-hole?

Because Chinese biology is different Outlander, baby formula tins beyond measure, hot water is good for healthy!

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Currently has a huntsman living in my letterbox. I'm happy enough for him to remain there but it's a shock when you go to check the mail.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Kharnifex posted:

We had a centipede jump out at us on central grand concourse last night when removing some hoarding, thing is, the entire place is covered in crickets and spiders, and they love eating all of those

I'd rather five huntsmans in every room than a single one of those wriggly assholes anywhere near my house.

It's not a really a house until Davo the Huntsman takes up residence.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I don't think Melbourne's all that much chop really.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah workers killed it before I could collect it

Managed to rescue a big lady huntsman tho.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

ili posted:

I don't think Melbourne's all that much chop really.

I just pretend I haven’t heard of it when people spend this long talking about it irl and then I drop a ‘oh you’re talking about Yarra city’ on them

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-14/maremmas-needed-rehoming-following-success-of-film-oddball/11951066

quote:

Before the 2015 film Oddball, Maremma Rescue Victoria had rehomed only two puppies, but following the film's success they have rehomed hundreds of young maremmas.

"People just see something cute and grab it," Ms Cawood said.

The Italian sheepdogs were made famous by the film Oddball where an eccentric chicken farmer, played by Shane Jacobson, trains his mischievous maremma Oddball to protect a penguin sanctuary from fox attack.

While it tried to inform people maremmas are not a suburban backyard dog, Ms Cawood said the film made things much worse.

With rescue groups in every state except Tasmania — many of which were formed after the film's release — the number of dogs rehomed since 2015 numbers in the hundreds and most likely in the thousands across states.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

My brother and his missus adopted a young Maremma and she's chill as. I was worried she would do the guarding thing and be aggressive or whatever but she's just kind of dopey and curious, lovely dog. They have another dog and typical suburban sized backyard, I think they walk her twice a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Went to the tobacconist this arvo and watched a lady smashed of her face on what I'm assuming is ice hanging out. She fully freaked out the lady who was there before me then let me and another guy go before her because "The money should be there cause it's coming through from Centrelink but she does want to gently caress us around." It made the tobaconist well nervous and I don't know if she managed to secure her smokes before the weekend.