Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

In fairness they usually bother to get real cards. I think it was just bad timing in this case since they were on their way to hand over his laptop and had no time to buy a card. We still signed the printout.

The pun was so bad it just made me think "Man, he's going to get pissed."

I mean it's nice that they bothered but just get a blank page and have everyone write a few get well soon wishes. you don't need a dedicated card, and especially not when you stand it in with a dot-printed endor pun lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

How are there unused wards right now? They’re literally issuing stadiums for overflow for people that don’t need oxygen.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Lote posted:

How are there unused wards right now? They’re literally issuing stadiums for overflow for people that don’t need oxygen.

like this guy

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Backweb posted:

That's a lovely turn of events. How likely could it be the US citizen in Malaysia caught it between Cambodia and Malaysia though? Kinda feel for the PM... no good deed goes unpunished.

Hun Sen is an authoritarian dictator who has committed a whole bunch of human rights violations and had a ton of activists, human rights workers, and basically anyone in his way murdered, so don't feel too bad for him.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/COVID_19NEWS/status/1228670737944170498?s=19

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Enfys posted:

Hun Sen is an authoritarian dictator who has committed a whole bunch of human rights violations and had a ton of activists, human rights workers, and basically anyone in his way murdered, so don't feel too bad for him.

yet another rear end in a top hat screwed over by trump lmao

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Maybe theres more than one virus? like, the infection extend among bats and there mutated. And humans have adopted more than one strain of the virus, that now are each one following different paths and mutations.

Or this is really a militar weapon and is designed to confuse.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
This Cambodian PM guy is hardcore. He went to Wuhan to give the Cambidian students who got stuck there moral boost. Even Xi didn't go to Wuhan.

Then he greeted the people from that cruise, without a mask! I mean he is dictator and all but dude has balls, or has a dead wish.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

stephenthinkpad posted:

This Cambodian PM guy is hardcore. He went to Wuhan to give the Cambidian students who got stuck there moral boost. Even Xi didn't go to Wuhan.

Then he greeted the people from that cruise, without a mask! I mean he is dictator and all but dude has balls, or has a dead wish.

Maybe he's like that General Butt Naked in Africa

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Prester Jane posted:

How exactly is China going to restart its economy? China has like seventy odd million people in lockdown that it needs to provide every daily need for- and it needs to accomplish this task without any heavy industry running to support/maintain the logistical chain. Trucks need tires and new brakes and maintenance and 5th wheel oil and all kinds of things that China can't replace right now.

And China can't do anything about that until the infection is contained, it's entire heavy industry is kaput until the coronavirus infection has either been contained or run its course through the population. They're losing ground already in what sections of the country, and even if they did have the logistical support to maintain this kind of operation they need heavy industry running the in the background to provide the various maintenance parts and replacement vehicles that are going to get worn out in an operation like this.

It's one thing to keep ~70 million people in quarantine who are being fed and provided for, but it is quite another thing to confine ~70 million starving apes in place

Once people get hungry enough they're going to start leaving, and unless the military is there to machine gun down all of them some of them are going to get away and spread the virus.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Werent you making an exclusivity deal with Offsite for posting your completely mental psycho poo poo there lol

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

the Cambodia thing is such an absolute blunder

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ringo Roadagain posted:

the Cambodia thing is such an absolute blunder

That it is, friend. That it is.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Still no Kyoon prophet prediction for what will actually happen in China.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

etalian posted:

Still no Kyoon prophet prediction for what will actually happen in China.

Then make your own

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

stephenthinkpad posted:

Hun Sen was a military commander under the Khmer Rouge, survived that party's internal purges, joined up with Vietnam and participated in their invasion of Cambodia, launched a coup against a UN-backed government in the 90s, and has been Prime Minister since 2004.

The guy's a serious operator if nothing else.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

stephenthinkpad posted:

the only logical explanation is that cambodia designed this bioweapon and he has the cure which he will sell to other desperate countries in exchange for their territory

all hail world emperor sen

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

stephenthinkpad posted:

February 12th the EU partially removed Cambodia from a preferential trade deal in response to increasing humanitarian abuses under his regime. The treaty removed tariffs for developing countries assuming they upheld human rights, and losing access to the EU market like that is a massive blow to Cambodia's economy. Hun Sen already had to forcibly quash citizen protests recently, and there's going to be a lot more discontent for him to deal with if the economy takes a hit. He did this to earn good will with the EU and US to get trade privileges again by showing he's really a nice humanitarian

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

From a Goldman Sachs research report

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

AceOfFlames posted:

I'm guessing these passengers ended up getting an unexpected Holiday In Cambodia.

Thanks, I'll be here all week.

Fake Edit: I just went to a crowded Asian supermarket in a major capital. Should I avoid contact with my aging parents in the foreseeable future?

That depends, are they typical Boomers?

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

stephenthinkpad posted:

so he gave all the passengers fish/bat/pangolin flu then right?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Lol I went into work today feeling like absolute dogshit after starting with a cough at 1pm yesterday. We usually have about 12 people there on the weekend in my area. We have 5 today, including me. Everyone else was out sick with the flu.

It's been years since I've had the flu and it fuckin blows. I can only imagine what it's like when your lungs are filled with fluid with coronavirus, and you can't go to the Dr because everything is at capacity.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

oxsnard posted:

:yeshaha:

B Squad Leader
Nov 1, 2009

oxsnard posted:

Wu Flu melts steel beams

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

ArfJason posted:

Werent you making an exclusivity deal with Offsite for posting your completely mental psycho poo poo there lol

You come in this thread to snark about the offsite??
Smh

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

oxsnard posted:

we'll solve climate change yet, thanks coronavirus

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

B Squad Leader posted:

Wu Flu melts steel beams

:zenpop:

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

Zotix posted:

Lol I went into work today feeling like absolute dogshit after starting with a cough at 1pm yesterday. We usually have about 12 people there on the weekend in my area. We have 5 today, including me. Everyone else was out sick with the flu.

It's been years since I've had the flu and it fuckin blows. I can only imagine what it's like when your lungs are filled with fluid with coronavirus, and you can't go to the Dr because everything is at capacity.

Are you absolutely sure that it's the flu? :tinfoil:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I hope so. Or else RIP.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

AceOfFlames posted:

Fake Edit: I just went to a crowded Asian supermarket in a major capital. Should I avoid contact with my aging parents in the foreseeable future?

not very Ron Paul of you imo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Spinz posted:

You come in this thread to snark about the offsite??
Smh

Make an mspaint about it bitch lmao

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
love all that bad news dropping on a saturday

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

goddamn i hope hun sen dies of the wuflu. he is a tremendous piece of poo poo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

vyelkin posted:

we'll solve climate change yet, thanks coronavirus

Coronachan solves global warming problem with one wierd trick.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

goddamn i hope hun sen dies of the wuflu. he is a tremendous piece of poo poo.

Corona-chan does not discriminate

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

ArfJason posted:

Make an mspaint about it bitch lmao

I am considering a drawing thread about Burt's cruise and the Pangolin War yes!!!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
The great Corona is designed with the highest energy consuming Boomers in mind. All hail the Corona.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

https://mobile.twitter.com/IsChinar/status/1228665637985189888

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Does not matter.

The "the chinese build a hospital in 5 days" news have reacher very far, and is good new for china. That it was a crappy prefab news will not reach has far. This is a publicity type of game burocrats play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Enfys posted:

Ah, there's the crucial detail. Thanks. My knowledge of ASEAN politicians is lacking.

Lol he already went to Wuhan. The dude knew he was already infected. No fucks given.

Autocrats personify the state with their own self. He's aware that he's on borrowed time, therefore Cambodia's fate will be the same as his, and/or he's banking that he'll be lionized years down the road.