Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

WatermelonGun posted:

what movie should i watch tonight

What streaming services do you have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

Horse Girl on Netflix https://www.netflix.com/title/81060149

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Watch the movie I did earlier this evening, namely Curse of Demon Mountain, starring Joe Don Baker (of MST3k's Mitchell/Final Justice fame). An alternate title of that movie is The Shadow of Chikara, so in addition to the usual JDB jokes, you can also make plenty of Chikara references.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Watched Parasite and Sonic, a real fun combo

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Watched Parasite and Sonic, a real fun combo

So is Sonic any good?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

drrockso20 posted:

So is Sonic any good?

It’s much less bad than I thought it would be

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's a movie where Ben Schwartz voices Sonic the Hedgehog. It's impossible to be bad.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
free forum name idea: Sonic the Herzog

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sonic the Herzog Zwei

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Sonic the Realbad amirite

No really it was not good. The emotional gut is not there at all and James Marsden deserves a box of chocolates for smiling and gritting his teeth without ever showing how bad he must think the whole thing was

Carrey was fun but not fun enough to make it good. If you waited until it’s on streaming, it is a good movie to have on while you do something like sort the laundry.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

WatermelonGun posted:

im gonna watch southland tales lol

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

yea ok posted:

im gonna watch southland tales lol

How does it hold up today? It was the most thought provoking and amazing film of all time to me in sophomore year of college, which probably means it is dog poo poo

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

idk i havent seen it

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I have a theory about tone.

Do you think people respond to comments on the internet in the voice they hear them in their heads?

If so, how much projecting do people do when they do this?

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
I'm watching Fire Fight Australia, a benefit concert for those affected by the recent devastating bushfires. A lot of great artists have donated their time, but the most moving moment so far was the sight of an 11-year-old boy playing a flute on the burnt remains of his former bedroom.

If you'd like to donate, you can visit https://firefightaustralia.com.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I have a theory about tone.

Do you think people respond to comments on the internet in the voice they hear them in their heads?

If so, how much projecting do people do when they do this?

My friend they do this poo poo in real life like 75% of the time, it's 110% on line

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jericho Kane lmao

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

this is the most insane thing ive ever seen

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

How does it hold up today? It was the most thought provoking and amazing film of all time to me in sophomore year of college, which probably means it is dog poo poo

Justin Timberlake drinking a bud and singing The Killers

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

i was zooted for half of it and it didnt provoke any extreme thoughts but i loved all of it every second every mwah mwah mwah magnificent second

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Well a couple of my friends convinced me to give Doki Doki Literature Club a try and well while I'm not done with it, it's certainly an experience so far...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus Christ I already knew it was but seriously you guys, Twin Peaks: The Return is so loving amazing. Just incredible.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus Christ I already knew it was but seriously you guys, Twin Peaks: The Return is so loving amazing. Just incredible.

"I told them, fix your hearts or die" is one of the greatest scenes I've ever seen.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Oh hey weren't we talking about New Atheism the other day?

https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/1228943686953664512?s=07

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Dawkins needs to gently caress off.

Unrelatedly, I started watching BoJack Horseman and it's absolutely incredible in a very uncomfortable way. I'm about to start the last episode of Season 2 and the previous episode was just horrifying to see play out.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i have only seen the first 4 seasons but the penultimate episode of each of those is an insane gut punch. i think 3 is the worst.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

has there ever been a show that was a depressing ideas depot and everyone didn't say it was really good?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't mean to poo poo on the horse man. Possibly, this thing i am thinking About could be one of the keys to success

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

My ritual during the Returns run on showtime was to smoke a blunt during each episode and episode 8 gave me such a panic attack I had to pause and sober up before I could continue. Greatest tv show ever.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
thank you for all of your suggestions but Widows was the movie i watched.

Widows.

i have actually already watched this one. it was p good.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Broke: Horse Girl on Netflix
Woke: Tall Girl on Netflix

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Cavauro posted:

has there ever been a show that was a depressing ideas depot and everyone didn't say it was really good?

hilariously, netflix had a show called Flaked that was basically a proto-Bojack right down to Will Arnett again playing a depressed manchild repeatedly failing and alienating his friends while bemoaning his lack of maturity, only it sucked and no one liked it or remembers it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

i have only seen the first 4 seasons but the penultimate episode of each of those is an insane gut punch. i think 3 is the worst.

I haven't seen anything past the penultimate episode of season 3 because I just needed a severely long break because it was so loving intense.

Eat My Fuc posted:

My ritual during the Returns run on showtime was to smoke a blunt during each episode and episode 8 gave me such a panic attack I had to pause and sober up before I could continue. Greatest tv show ever.

Episode 8 is legit the best single episode of a television program I have ever seen in my life. Holy gently caress it is amazing.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Episode 8 is legit the best single episode of a television program I have ever seen in my life. Holy gently caress it is amazing.

This is high praise considering the shows I know you've watched from things you've posted about

I haven't seen the original series yet either so I guess it's a good time to start

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Episode 8 of the return is the most artistic thing ever put on television. It's like the 2001: A Space Odyssey of TV. Honestly you don't even need to have knowledge of the show to enjoy it. I'm a huge twin peaks nerd, read all the books, eaten at the double R diner, etc and the episode only has a minor bearing on the overall plot of the series.

I love that the head of Showtime didn't even see the finished product until right before it aired, it ended up being the most free and fun show I ever got to watch as it aired.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I watched a few episodes of The Return after finishing the original Twin Peaks a couple of months ago but just couldn't get into it for some reason. I appreciate what Lynch and Frost were going for with it, but I guess I just felt there wasn't enough... well, Twin Peaks in the early episodes. Maybe that'll change later, I don't know. It's also possible I'm a loving moron.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Oh hey weren't we talking about New Atheism the other day?

https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/1228943686953664512?s=07

The worst thing about Dawkins BY FAR is that he is a straight up pedophile

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/09/richard-dawkins-defends-mild-pedophilia-again-and-again/311230/

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Started replaying The Wolf Among Us on a whim. First time since the last episode was released.

I’d forgotten both how excellent the voice acting is and how bad that trademark TTG jank is

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ep 8 of tp3 is just the entirety of lynch as an artist coming to a head for 55 minutes. it reuses a lot of ideas from his shorts/paintings but it's obviously what he's built towards his entire career. that there were 10 quality episodes after just speaks more of him as a creator. hehe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

Started replaying The Wolf Among Us on a whim. First time since the last episode was released.

I’d forgotten both how excellent the voice acting is and how bad that trademark TTG jank is

:allears:

yea ok posted:

ep 8 of tp3 is just the entirety of lynch as an artist coming to a head for 55 minutes. it reuses a lot of ideas from his shorts/paintings but it's obviously what he's built towards his entire career. that there were 10 quality episodes after just speaks more of him as a creator. hehe

Seriously. He produced THAT and then just pumps out another 10 episode of supreme quality. It's insane.