Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Winter Harvest is live!
I think I talked about this earlier, but it's a cute little zinequest game about taking control of a warren of woodland creatures and trying to prepare for winter. In play it has a lot of that Wind In The Willows or chill Redwall vibe going on - minor kerfuffles that are largely solved by you and your mouse friend fishing on a lilypad to get some dinner for Mr Owl who's having a bad day down at the library (which is in a tree stump, obv). Real cute stuff, and the whole game ends in a real life feast, which is already how most of my games end so I'm happy to see it gamified.
https://twitter.com/PeriKat6/status/1228002983918608384
They're even talking about a cookbook of old family recipes as a stretch goal.

Full disclosure, I helped write the Kickstarter page and provided some advice on this, but I'm not really involved in the development at all.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/parrycat/winter-harvest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Winter Harvest is live!
I think I talked about this earlier, but it's a cute little zinequest game about taking control of a warren of woodland creatures and trying to prepare for winter. In play it has a lot of that Wind In The Willows or chill Redwall vibe going on - minor kerfuffles that are largely solved by you and your mouse friend fishing on a lilypad to get some dinner for Mr Owl who's having a bad day down at the library (which is in a tree stump, obv). Real cute stuff, and the whole game ends in a real life feast, which is already how most of my games end so I'm happy to see it gamified.
https://twitter.com/PeriKat6/status/1228002983918608384
They're even talking about a cookbook of old family recipes as a stretch goal.

Full disclosure, I helped write the Kickstarter page and provided some advice on this, but I'm not really involved in the development at all.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/parrycat/winter-harvest

I talked recently about how any Redwall-inspired game would need to include an appendix of random food tables, so inclusion of recipes is a good plan.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Covok posted:

Goon Magsnuth started a kickstarter for their game Red Rook Revolt Magnusth is a pretty cool person and I trust that they will make a cool game focusing on revolution and opposing oppression. People here may find this game interesting.

Hi yes! this is true! in fact, I recently did an update to help clarify various mechanics for the game because people were asking. Here's a link for the interested!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1325743523/red-rook-revolt/posts/2758342

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Doorknob Slobber posted:

where can i go for updates on physical copies of lancer and the heist rpg book, neither seem to be sending out poo poo to kickstarter anymore

Latest update says that the book's printing and shipping may be delayed due to the coronavirus outbreak, which is something that may wind up affecting other projects as well so be ready for that.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Kai Tave posted:

Latest update says that the book's printing and shipping may be delayed due to the coronavirus outbreak, which is something that may wind up affecting other projects as well so be ready for that.
I have absolutely no idea how the March of the Ants kickstarter wasn't seriously affected by any of the tariffs, shipping changes, or alien diseases, but it's apparently already in port and getting shipped to backers soon.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
23 hours left on my LIFTS: Powered by Your ABpocalypse Edition kickstarter - the game that uses your muscles, not your dice!
If you could give this a retweet and a comment, I would be forever in your debt (backing is okay too)

https://twitter.com/ThronesBeware/status/1229421618058887170?s=20

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

dwarf74 posted:

I have absolutely no idea how the March of the Ants kickstarter wasn't seriously affected by any of the tariffs, shipping changes, or alien diseases, but it's apparently already in port and getting shipped to backers soon.

It left port before Chinese New Year, is how.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Jedit posted:

It left port before Chinese New Year, is how.

Yeah those boats are not fast.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

slap me and kiss me posted:

23 hours left on my LIFTS: Powered by Your ABpocalypse Edition kickstarter - the game that uses your muscles, not your dice!
If you could give this a retweet and a comment, I would be forever in your debt (backing is okay too)

I didnt have the money during your first run of this but I'm extremely excited to get both editions in print this time

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I have always wanted a physical copy of Ptolus, even when I'd never touched D&D it had this allure (predominantly due to its size). $150 is pretty steep though...

simonwolf
Oct 29, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

Not Australian backers :(

Our copies always ship direct from China so we (along with ‘Asia’ backers) are stuck without new Ants to March

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

slap me and kiss me posted:

https://twitter.com/ThronesBeware/status/1229421618058887170?s=20

My fat rear end backed and shared on Facebook.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

CottonWolf posted:

I have always wanted a physical copy of Ptolus, even when I'd never touched D&D it had this allure (predominantly due to its size). $150 is pretty steep though...

On one hand, I can't believe there's not a "just the book, please" level; $150 is more expensive than getting a similarly-sized premium color hardback from DriveThru. On the other hand, the original Ptolus went for $120.

I originally went "Oh, cool!" but after seeing the tiers and looking at the megadungeons on my shelf and realizing if I ever ran a campaign based in a huge city I'd use Yggsburgh, I think I can safely pass.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I'm excited to get March of the ants. Any tips on when to add in the expansions?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Jarvisi posted:

I'm excited to get March of the ants. Any tips on when to add in the expansions?

So, bear with me on this, first you have the ants come march in one by one, then when you've mastered that, have them come in two by two.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Hurrah

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
We are go for lunch!

Also launch.

https://twitter.com/potatocubed/status/1229744886850752513

Sunlands is a map covering 365 hexes, each with a unique piece of content in it. You can adventure in it, or you can steal the ideas you like best for whatever game you happen to be playing.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

atholbrose posted:

On one hand, I can't believe there's not a "just the book, please" level; $150 is more expensive than getting a similarly-sized premium color hardback from DriveThru. On the other hand, the original Ptolus went for $120.

I originally went "Oh, cool!" but after seeing the tiers and looking at the megadungeons on my shelf and realizing if I ever ran a campaign based in a huge city I'd use Yggsburgh, I think I can safely pass.
I ran Banewarrens about a million years ago, when it was released for 3e.

It's actually a drat good megadungeon, with mystery, purpose, plot, recurring villains, and just an awesome overall theme. It was, at the time, really innovative in a lot of ways.

I never dug much into Ptolus, but my buddy won a copy when it was released by holding it up for an ungodly amount of time.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I didnt have the money during your first run of this but I'm extremely excited to get both editions in print this time

rydiafan posted:

My fat rear end backed and shared on Facebook.

Ahhh, thanks you two! I super duper appreciate it and look forward to getting it into your hands!

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

potatocubed posted:

We are go for lunch!
Also launch.

It was the Sphinx picture that got me. Looking forward to it.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
https://twitter.com/VICE/status/1229798371701018625

https://twitter.com/ClarissaRedwine/status/1229797142115553280

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

poo poo, I honestly did not expect that. I hope they do well getting a proper contract!! Great news.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I didn't realise they were "the first white collar workers at a major tech company", so here's congratulations and hope for more.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

potatocubed posted:

We are go for lunch!

Also launch.

https://twitter.com/potatocubed/status/1229744886850752513

Sunlands is a map covering 365 hexes, each with a unique piece of content in it. You can adventure in it, or you can steal the ideas you like best for whatever game you happen to be playing.

Backed, even though I have no idea how I might eventually use it with my group.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Big Congrats to Kickstarter United. That’s a big win for workers everywhere ✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

Big Congrats to Kickstarter United. That’s a big win for workers everywhere ✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻

Sounds like a soccer team.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Another fledgling leaves the nest.

https://twitter.com/miriable/status/1230142778937683970

All Skate! has a long history with SA, starting about fifteen years ago as a thread right here in TG. It's evolved into a system where essentially everybody sits around playing everybody else's characters while GM'ing and worldbuilding all at once. It's wild, man. Hope you can grok it.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

vlad3217 posted:

Backed, even though I have no idea how I might eventually use it with my group.

atholbrose posted:

It was the Sphinx picture that got me. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for your support!

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

potatocubed posted:

Thanks for your support!

...aaand looks like Sunlands is funded!

People will be begging for stretch goals next!

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014
Hello folks,

It looks like after much screaming from the rabid fans, Tainted Grail is reopening their pledge manager to backers to allow them to pile on the order for their ever-growing mountain of plastic.

If you want to get in on Tainted Grail - I will be willing to help anyone that wants in. I only ask you pay at cost, plus whatever it will be to ship from me to you.

PM me if this is something you want to do.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

kinkouin posted:

Hello folks,

It looks like after much screaming from the rabid fans, Tainted Grail is reopening their pledge manager to backers to allow them to pile on the order for their ever-growing mountain of plastic.

If you want to get in on Tainted Grail - I will be willing to help anyone that wants in. I only ask you pay at cost, plus whatever it will be to ship from me to you.

What even is tainted grail? It's hard to look at these bigger kickstarters and figure out what exactly everything is because so much of it is overwhelming with stuff that I can't really seem to figure out what the hell I'm looking at most of the time.

How long are they leaving it open for?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

What even is tainted grail? It's hard to look at these bigger kickstarters and figure out what exactly everything is because so much of it is overwhelming with stuff that I can't really seem to figure out what the hell I'm looking at most of the time.

It is a campaign-based narrative exploration game with light (but meaningful) survival elements, and card-chaining combat and diplomacy systems. Most of the game will be spent exploring locations via a couple hundred page paragraph-book, with a full sheet of status tracking to ensure the game can handle ongoing questlines, offer one off rewards, keep track of you having learned things, change the state of the world, and so on.

The writing is, IMO, great and their twists on Arthurian myth pretty interesting. They manage to shake up play at least three or four times through the course of the 15 chapters of the initial campaign (there are two more full length and one "expert" addon campaign coming - never fear, these are each complete storylines although they reputedly will have subtle influences on one another depending on the order you play them in), and while I won't say it's constantly challenging, they do manage to make it challenging in new ways at certain points. There are a bunch of mutually exclusive branching storylines even in the one campaign, plus character-specific elements, so there's replay value even if some of the baseline beats are still going to be the same.

I also found the combat and diplomacy consistently interesting and the levelling up that lets you acquire more potent cards for them was rewarding until nearly the end of the game (and that mostly because we were only two PCs and you can go up to four - I'm sure with the experience split more widely you'd find it hard to get everything you want.), although it's definitely a more secondary part of the experience. It's impressive how much a few details can completely shake up the combat puzzle while being super thematic.

It's one of my favorite games in the last several years.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

kinkouin posted:

Hello folks,

Ugh, if you add the two new items to your order, it's $96. Like $72 if you don't buy the King Arthur figure. So $72 for 20 more monster figures. That's loving steep.

I don't like it.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

JazzFlight posted:

Ugh, if you add the two new items to your order, it's $96. Like $72 if you don't buy the King Arthur figure. So $72 for 20 more monster figures. That's loving steep.

I don't like it.

That’s like $3.50 a mini. What’s wrong with that?

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

Unsure, they have not mentioned it in the update.

JazzFlight posted:

I don't like it.

Doctor Zero posted:

That’s like $3.50 a mini. What’s wrong with that?

Do what you will with that info - if people want in, sure. If not, I don't care.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

I don't like it.

They are cool minis... but they contribute almost nothing to the game* so I wouldn't bother unless you just like having them. Our experience was that most Guardians (which is what the minis represent) spend maybe a couple minutes on the board and that only if something spawns them somewhere that isn't directly on top of you, which does not happen often in the existing campaign. I guess people who do a lot more running away from combat than we did might get a little more mileage out of them. And/or the new campaigns might.

*I am on record as feeling minis generally contribute almost nothing to games, but at least most games with a lot of minis constantly have them out in play. Not Tainted Grail.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

malkav11 posted:

*I am on record as feeling minis generally contribute almost nothing to games, but at least most games with a lot of minis constantly have them out in play. Not Tainted Grail.

What's the minimum cost for all of the gameplay stuff that isn't miniatures?

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

What's the minimum cost for all of the gameplay stuff that isn't miniatures?

Bare minimum is 70 GBP. Has maybe 12 minis as part of the pledge.

The next one up adds monster minis, at 110 GBP.

The one after that is more gameplay stuff, at 152 GBP.

All prices do not include shipping.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
It should be noted that your returns go down pretty rapidly. The base pledge is three full length campaigns with accompanying unique characters (primarily designed for that campaign but as a variant you can play them in other campaigns, just less supported by the narrative). The other gameplay stuff includes a half-length "expert" campaign, something called Echoes of the Past that delves a bit more into character backstories and has character-specific achievements/unlocks, and a jack-of-all-trades special character (who was a first-day bonus and thus not included in the 153 GBP all-in pledge, which -does- include the original set of optional monster minis). So, doubling the price gets you cosmetic minis, 15% more campaign content (roughly), and the character achievements. The base pledge is a great value, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
My friend has put up a small Kickstarter for his RPG Small Town: Skeletons. In his words:

quote:

SMALL TOWN: SKELETONS is a roleplaying game about being bored to the bone. Each player plays as an undead teenager, growing up in a remote town. It focuses on mundane life and supernatural awkwardness.

This is a collaborative storytelling game about teenagers who happen to be skeletons, entombed in their home town and just trying to get by. It's a GM-less game for 3-5 players, designed to be played over the course of one session.

It’s very cheap, and he’s a good creator of very small, intimate stories.