Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Christ almighty I would have been pissed, what a fuckin' rear end in a top hat.

This happened to me at St. Louis, too, with a similar outcome. Different guy. Suddenly, when ahead, he hems and haws over his dials for ten fuckin' minutes. It's just plausible enough that you can't SAY he's slow playing, but it's infuriating.

I don't know how to deal with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop
That's why I fly two ship lists, slam down the dials, and stare down my opponent the whole time.

I had to miss Dallas but I haven't played a game since the point update. None of my local crew made it to day 2 though one got a W against the overall winner during the group stage. Another local got last place but props to him for playing the whole thing out.

e: Nevermind he lost to Duncan but beat Tippet the next round. I don't know my x-wing celebrities after all.

Spiggy fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 11, 2020

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

ConfusedUs posted:

This happened to me at St. Louis, too, with a similar outcome. Different guy. Suddenly, when ahead, he hems and haws over his dials for ten fuckin' minutes. It's just plausible enough that you can't SAY he's slow playing, but it's infuriating.

The best solution is a Chess Clock, limit the time people can decide so it is even. But you have to have the TO involved and set it up before hand.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Chess clock would utterly gently caress any swarm player and would see most people going to supernatural/slave 1/precogr2a6 or any of the slam your dial down to whatever and change it later abilities. Just call a judge on slow players if they're really dragging it out.

E. Nesbit
Mar 18, 2009

Eat two dicks and call me in the morning.

ConfusedUs posted:

* The second loss (Vonreg/Holo/LeHeuse/Rivas) was my favorite game of the day. And that list looked super fun. I may pick up a second Vonreg's TIE just to try this out.

Do you recall which upgrades he ran with this?

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

ConfusedUs posted:

Grab a referee, they ought to be used to seeing this kind of poo poo and be able to see through it.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I’ve always said the best way to curb slow play is to shrink the battlefield. Slow players want to extend the time to just move their ships out of range and stay that way to run the clock. Make it difficult to stay out of range.

That sort of poo poo is why I haven’t really played since September. Obviously free time is at a premium but I don’t want to waste it with Sammy Slow Time.

I keep wanting to pick up some 2x2 maps to try out some close combat.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Call a judge. Ask to be observed for slow play. People almost never actually get busted for it because being watched by the judge keeps them honest

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

E. Nesbit posted:

Do you recall which upgrades he ran with this?

Mag pulse on Vonreg for some reason. (Should drop this in favor of Daredevil)

Proud tradition on Holo.

SF gunner on Lehuse.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ConfusedUs posted:

I flew the 7x Intimidation TIEs in the extended event because I thought it would be funny. Instead, I got utterly wrecked. The less said about that experience, the better.

What did you go against with this list?

That FO list seems interesting. Vonregs ability/Mag pulse gives a red token which chains to Rivas who feeds a TL to Leruse. Any idea how that guy finished?

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 11, 2020

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

banned from Starbucks posted:

What did you go against with this list?

That FO list seems interesting. Vonregs ability/Mag pulse gives a red token which chains to Rivas who feeds a TL to Leruse. Any idea how that guy finished?

The lock you take for the mag pulse is a red token so it chains to Rivas. The missile is 100% unnecessary.

He did better than I, but did not make the cut. 4-2 or 3-3.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Hey so I bought that large republic lot of ships from a local player as I started out last month...and now, knowing how to ACTUALLY play the game, I love scum so much that I plan to just sell the republic lot so as to fill out my scum list.

I have four Delta 7's (3 standard paint, 1 anakin edition), 1 naboo starfighter, 1 republic y-wing and 6 Torrents. Would anyone have some scum ships they'd want to trade? I have two firesprays, 3 fangs, the new Bossk expansion and a mining guild TIE....so I'm hoping to land a Jumpmaster, some MA-3's, starvipers....open to various things. Anyways, i posted on the local group and no one was serious about wanting them for trade so I figured I'd ask here. Thanks!

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard
Mag pulse on Vonreg is an interesting option because if you land the shot you can neuter your target's offense that round, and generally before they'll have a chance to fire due to I6. It's also a great tool to shut down B-Wings wanting to use their lock to get that second shot, or a TIE Advance if you get a bead on them.That said, I don't think it can be justified at the expense of Daredevil, I completely agree there.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I've only played it on fly casual (because I can't afford to drop $90 on ships RN) but flying 5 generic republic Y-Wings with Ion Turret and Photon Bombs is absolutely hysterical. I'm still really new but it's the only way I've beaten the computer so far, and it's not even close.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I flew this yesterday at league night:

Colonel Jendon (48)
Tractor Beam (3)
Admiral Sloane (9)

Ship total: 60 Half Points: 30 Threshold: 5

Alpha Squadron Pilot (31)
Targeting Computer (3)

Ship total: 34 Half Points: 17 Threshold: 2

Targeting Computer (3)

Targeting Computer (3)

Targeting Computer (3)

Total: 196

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v8ZsZ200Z167XW13W14WWWY182X249WY182X249WY182X249WY182X249W&sn=Sloane%20swarm&obs=

It was fun, and there might be potential there, but I'm not nearly good enough to fly it well.

On the other hand, 5 X-Wings are definitely my jam.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
Anyone use Phasma yet? Seems like she could make her annoying to try to kill. I was thinking putting SF gunner, Fanatical, and Advanced optics with 2 Omega Squadron Experts with Fanatical/Advanced Optics and 2 naked Zeta Squadron Survivors.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I entered in to a Store Champ for March 1 and want to fly FO. I picked up Vonreg’s TIE and was thinking of running him with some FO TIEs and an SF. It’ll be hyperspace format - I’m not planning on doing well but just want to have fun. Any thoughts on this?

FO List

(57) Major Vonreg [TIE/ba Interceptor]
(7) Hull Upgrade
(2) Proud Tradition
(4) Advanced Optics

(33) "Scorch" [TIE/fo Fighter]
(2) Fanatical
(4) Advanced Optics

(31) "Longshot" [TIE/fo Fighter]
(2) Fanatical
(4) Advanced Optics

(32) Zeta Squadron Survivor [TIE/sf Fighter]
(10) Special Forces Gunner
(2) Fire-Control System
(4) Advanced Optics

Total points: 194

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ringo Star Get posted:

I entered in to a Store Champ for March 1 and want to fly FO. I picked up Vonreg’s TIE and was thinking of running him with some FO TIEs and an SF. It’ll be hyperspace format - I’m not planning on doing well but just want to have fun. Any thoughts on this?

FO List

(57) Major Vonreg [TIE/ba Interceptor]
(7) Hull Upgrade
(2) Proud Tradition
(4) Advanced Optics

(33) "Scorch" [TIE/fo Fighter]
(2) Fanatical
(4) Advanced Optics

(31) "Longshot" [TIE/fo Fighter]
(2) Fanatical
(4) Advanced Optics

(32) Zeta Squadron Survivor [TIE/sf Fighter]
(10) Special Forces Gunner
(2) Fire-Control System
(4) Advanced Optics

Total points: 194

Daredevil should be stapled to Vonreg. It's nearly as transformative to his playstyle as Advanced Sensors is for Guri.

It allows you to make safe moves, such as banking away from a fight, without sacrificing your ability to take shots if you're safe. There are few ships that can play the "I'm just out of range until I'm in your face" game this well.

He's still fragile, but his mobility is through the roof. Players who are good with Duchess should try flying Daredevil Vonreg, as the decision tree is similar. Do I go fast or slow? Do I commit hard or continue to dance at the edge of attack range?

I also really like the Deuturium Power Cells on him. As long as he's not dead, he can regen back above half.

I'd also cut down on the number of upgrades to increase the number of ships.

Major Vonreg (57)
Daredevil (2)
Deuterium Power Cells (9)

Zeta Squadron Survivor (32)

“Scorch” (33)
Total: 197

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
I'm looking to make a list with Boba and another fighter or two. Any suggestions? I have two fangs, a viper, hwk, two headhunters, misthunter, and a few other scum ships, only one slave 1.

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!

Burning_Monk posted:

I'm looking to make a list with Boba and another fighter or two. Any suggestions? I have two fangs, a viper, hwk, two headhunters, misthunter, and a few other scum ships, only one slave 1.

Boba with 2 Fangs is a popular list right now. I'm probably flying it this weekend at our monthly store tourney.

Boba Fett (85)
Maul (12)
Contraband Cybernetics (2) [??]
Slave I (1)

Ship total: 100 Half Points: 50 Threshold: 5

Skull Squadron Pilot (47)
Fearless (3)

Ship total: 50 Half Points: 25 Threshold: 2

Fearless (3)

Total: 200

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Dr Intergalactic posted:

Boba with 2 Fangs is a popular list right now. I'm probably flying it this weekend at our monthly store tourney.

Boba Fett (85)
Maul (12)
Slave I (1)

Fearless (3)

Fearless (3)

Looks fun, I will try it tonight. Thanks!

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

Daredevil should be stapled to Vonreg. It's nearly as transformative to his playstyle as Advanced Sensors is for Guri.

It allows you to make safe moves, such as banking away from a fight, without sacrificing your ability to take shots if you're safe. There are few ships that can play the "I'm just out of range until I'm in your face" game this well.

He's still fragile, but his mobility is through the roof. Players who are good with Duchess should try flying Daredevil Vonreg, as the decision tree is similar. Do I go fast or slow? Do I commit hard or continue to dance at the edge of attack range?

I also really like the Deuturium Power Cells on him. As long as he's not dead, he can regen back above half.

I'd also cut down on the number of upgrades to increase the number of ships.

Major Vonreg (57)
Daredevil (2)

“Scorch” (33)
Total: 197

Thanks for the insight! I unfortunately have only two SFs so I subbed in Longshot.

I do like flying Duchess (1.0 and 2.0), and even tried Daredevil on my Defenders. What I’ll have to get used to is how deplete and strain work.

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard
If you only have two /sfs, I've really been enjoying flying this list:

Major Vonreg (57)
Daredevil (2)

Omega Squadron Ace (28)
Fanatical (2)

Omega Squadron Ace (28)
Fanatical (2)

Omega Squadron Expert (34)
Fanatical (2)

Fanatical (2)

Same idea, but I really enjoy having fanatical on my generics. Being able to spend your actions on evade after the shields go down does a lot for their survivability.

I've also seen some arguments for putting Outmaneuver over Daredevil on Vonreg. I'm not convinced, but he's already a great flanker. Throwing Outmaneuver into the mix really turns that up to 11.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Derlix posted:

Major Vonreg (57)
Daredevil (2)

Omega Squadron Ace (28)
Fanatical (2)

Omega Squadron Ace (28)
Fanatical (2)

Fanatical (2)

Fanatical (2)

Same idea, but I really enjoy having fanatical on my generics. Being able to spend your actions on evade after the shields go down does a lot for their survivability.

I've also seen some arguments for putting Outmaneuver over Daredevil on Vonreg. I'm not convinced, but he's already a great flanker. Throwing Outmaneuver into the mix really turns that up to 11.

I’d love to try this, my gripe though is of course the FO conversion only came with 3 copies of Fanatical. I’ll just borrow it from a buddy.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Derlix posted:

Major Vonreg (57)
Daredevil (2)

Omega Squadron Ace (28)
Fanatical (2)

Omega Squadron Ace (28)
Fanatical (2)

Fanatical (2)

Fanatical (2)

Have you tried dropping the SFs to the i2 version and putting on advanced optics instead? I usually prefer advanced optics on the Zeta's for the same price, but I'm far from experienced with FO.

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard
I haven't! I can see the appeal though, they're gonna be really mean on offense - especially with that back arc. I've been tending toward the I3 versions of both the /fo and /sf because as mentioned, Fanatical lets me shift from focus to evade after the shields go down. You're still fairly consistent on the attack, and in my experience the evade token keeps them on the board significantly longer. Optics might play out better though, I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks for the recommendation!

As an aside, I think Ember with Juke looks like a disgusting finisher piece, but with no other upgrades is already more expensive than a naked Vonreg. What would you pair them with?

Derlix fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 13, 2020

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Dr Intergalactic posted:

Boba Fett (85)
Maul (12)
Slave I (1)

Fearless (3)

Fearless (3)

This worked great BTW! Soundly beat my opponent who was flying Vader with 3 elite ties (so not too hard). Lost my Fangs (expected) but he barely touched my Boba! Helped that we were both pretty much noobs.

For those interested and able, I've uploaded new Ship ID peg marker and Target Lock tokens to Thingiverse:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4161529

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
AGAIN!

Burning_Monk posted:

This worked great BTW! Soundly beat my opponent who was flying Vader with 3 elite ties (so not too hard). Lost my Fangs (expected) but he barely touched my Boba! Helped that we were both pretty much noobs.

For those interested and able, I've uploaded new Ship ID peg marker and Target Lock tokens to Thingiverse:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4161529

That's great to hear. Feeling a little more confident about Saturday. Gonna get some Fly Casual reps in tomorrow.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

So...theres a system open taking place inside the hanger of a real Aircraft carrier. I might just have to go to that.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

That's friggin cool.

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
AGAIN!

Dr Intergalactic posted:

Boba Fett (85)
Maul (12)
Slave I (1)

Fearless (3)

Fearless (3)

Went 2-0 in our monthly store event.

First game against naked Luke, Jake, Norra in a Ywing with ion turret, and Braylen. Only a fang got ionized, once. Killed Braylen but lost both my fangs to blank green dice. Boba killed Norra on the last round, putting me ahead 102-100.

Second game I was feeling better about the fangs and tried to be more mindful of engaging on my terms. Went up against Rexler Brath, Duchess, and Fifth Brother. Only lost one fang, rolled really well and took out Duchess on the first joust, got behind fifth brother and he went down fast. Rexler of course survived until time.

Haven't played much organized xwing and the times I have went pretty poorly. Feeling good about playing more competitive events.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Congrats! It is a solid team. The maneuverability of the ships are their greatest asset, by the end my opponent was trying to run away rather than joust and I was able move and boost across half the map to get him in range.

Think I'll play this team some more. Maybe switch out a fang for something else to spice it up.

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
AGAIN!

Burning_Monk posted:

Congrats! It is a solid team. The maneuverability of the ships are their greatest asset, by the end my opponent was trying to run away rather than joust and I was able move and boost across half the map to get him in range.

Think I'll play this team some more. Maybe switch out a fang for something else to spice it up.

I only triggered fearless a couple of times and I'm wondering if those points might be better spent on Boba for prox mines or something. If I'm dodging arcs with the fangs, fearless might be a waste.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
Trying to narrow down a First Order List for a local store tournament this weekend (Hyperspace).

There are 3 lists that I am trying to pick from.

List 1 is 5 SF Ties. One being Phasma with Optics, SF gunner, and fanatical. 2 Omega Squadron Experts with optics and fanatical, and 2 naked Zeta Squadron Survivors.

List 2 is Kylo with 3 Zeta Squadron Survivors with Concussion Missiles and Passive sensors.

List 3 is Vonreg with daredevil, 2 Zeta Squadron Survivors, and 3 Epsilon Squadron cadets.

I just can’t decide. Help me.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Dr Intergalactic posted:

I only triggered fearless a couple of times and I'm wondering if those points might be better spent on Boba for prox mines or something. If I'm dodging arcs with the fangs, fearless might be a waste.

Thinking the same. I might toss on Elusive to get an extra round of attacks in with the fang and replace one with a StarViper w/ FCS.

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum%2...ed%20Slave&obs=

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Hey did any of you guys realize the i1 Fireball has a crew slot instead of an astromech slot? It does. It also has an illicit slot. You can put a cloaking device on it, and holdo, and start slinging cloak tokens about.

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v8ZsZ200Z379XW242W91WWWY244XWW245W173W174WWW193Y239X132W172WW186&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=

I've always felt Lulo dies too easily, and this list directly addresses this. If Lulo is in trouble, you drop a Cloak on him AND take his stress, swinging his greens from 2 to 5. Or if it's Rey in trouble, you take her from 1 to 3.

10 points remaining to do things like Prockets on Lulo, Heightened or Sense on Rey, misc health upgrades, Title for bucket, bid, or whatever. I'm also really curious if dropping Rose and going to PerCop on Rey is a better long-term strat. She's gonna be really hard to kill with two focus, two force, and her ability on three + blank greens. Could save some points and go to 3PO and get coordinate, which can be unlimited range to bucket. Bucket can also pull those tokens to himself if he's in danger while cloaked.

This list is shenanigans as heck. I think I'm in love.

The hard part is going to be keeping Bucket near enough to Lulo to trigger Holdo at i5.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

banned from Starbucks posted:

So...theres a system open taking place inside the hanger of a real Aircraft carrier. I might just have to go to that.

Is it the Midway? That thing is basically a weird cheap WW2 theme park now, including being surrounded by bargain basement WW2 tourist junk. I had to manage a few Red Cross events in that thing and it's 90% pain in the rear end.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

theironjef posted:

Is it the Midway? That thing is basically a weird cheap WW2 theme park now, including being surrounded by bargain basement WW2 tourist junk. I had to manage a few Red Cross events in that thing and it's 90% pain in the rear end.

Looks like the Hornet up near Oakland.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ConfusedUs posted:

Hey did any of you guys realize the i1 Fireball has a crew slot instead of an astromech slot? It does. It also has an illicit slot. You can put a cloaking device on it, and holdo, and start slinging cloak tokens about.

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v8ZsZ200Z379XW242W91WWWY244XWW245W173W174WWW193Y239X132W172WW186&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=

I've always felt Lulo dies too easily, and this list directly addresses this. If Lulo is in trouble, you drop a Cloak on him AND take his stress, swinging his greens from 2 to 5. Or if it's Rey in trouble, you take her from 1 to 3.

10 points remaining to do things like Prockets on Lulo, Heightened or Sense on Rey, misc health upgrades, Title for bucket, bid, or whatever. I'm also really curious if dropping Rose and going to PerCop on Rey is a better long-term strat. She's gonna be really hard to kill with two focus, two force, and her ability on three + blank greens. Could save some points and go to 3PO and get coordinate, which can be unlimited range to bucket. Bucket can also pull those tokens to himself if he's in danger while cloaked.

This list is shenanigans as heck. I think I'm in love.

The hard part is going to be keeping Bucket near enough to Lulo to trigger Holdo at i5.

Ha this looks fun as hell. Too bad hyperspace neutered anything remotely interesting or id try to make a HS version with Poe or something for storechamps. decloak-move-boost-slam "boy this thing can really move!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Looks like the Hornet up near Oakland.

I have literally no excuse not to go to an event in my town, so I signed up. What's the current state of Hyperspace availa... oh. Well, I'll think of something.