Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean if that was true she wouldn’t tweet about it at all.

it’s already out there, can’t go back now

We'll see in the debate. Considering how she was with Biden, I'm not hopeful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Bloomberg's poll numbers are just as illusory as Biden's once were, and for exactly the same reason.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

bloomberg is going to walk into the convention with enough delegates + bribed superdelegates to steal this nomination and destroy the democratic party

if he gets the nom he's not even going to run a campaign in the general lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Tetracube posted:

lol as if the majority of bloomberg's support isn't entirely astroturfed

he's gonna faceplant harder than biden

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

ya'll arzyin'. im just chillin'

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I want badly to believe that Bloomberg's poll numbers don't translate into real support but I won't believe it until we see actual voting in states where he's on the ballot. Until then I feel like it has to be priority #1 to just nuke him out of the race ASAP.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dolphin posted:

wonder if any of the Bloomberg people realize that putting droopy onstage with canned lines might not be the best strategy

should be hilarious though

Let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that Donald Trump doesn't know what he's doing

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

imho there is a scoop of trump's pudding brain that unironically subscribes to this line of thinking

this whole "being president" thing was fueled by narcissism and spite. he has already owned the libs once, to a historic level.

for trump, a race against bernie sanders is nowhere near as appealing as a race against hillary clinton.

eagerly awaiting trump to abruptly resign on election night right when the polls start showing bernie winning

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
establishment trying real hard to find something to stop the bern

s0j
May 17, 2003

get fucked, round-eye
dan ninan is making $45K for each one of these bloomberg zingers

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Calibanibal posted:

ya'll arzyin'. im just chillin'

I'm just arzyin' in cedar rapids

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

they also sort of needed Bernie himself to be deferential, so when he just straight up said, "nah, never happened" and other women talked about how he encouraged them to run and also he encouraged Liz to run in 2016 it sort of didn't leave them a lot of room to maneuver

ehhhh it wouldn't hold up to serious scrutiny but by late in the primary you're not trying to persuade the people who are really gonna do that. if she'd really stuck to her guns and played up the inevitable lovely/misogynist Twitter responses a lil, cooperative media coverage coulda made it come out looking like an abusive boyfriend gaslighting to enough people to get an inroad, but if she was any good at selling snake oil to begin with she wouldn't be losing so badly in the first place.

Harrow posted:

I want badly to believe that Bloomberg's poll numbers don't translate into real support but I won't believe it until we see actual voting in states where he's on the ballot. Until then I feel like it has to be priority #1 to just nuke him out of the race ASAP.

it's real but it's squishy af, the people who can be convinced Trump II is the salvation of the Republic by a TV spot can also be convinced away by whoever else dangles a shiny object in their face

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 23:20 on Feb 18, 2020

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:
We can hope we're not living in the last days of American democracy, but even better than hoping is doing: Call, knock on doors, text, and donate for Bernie Sanders. :bernget20:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fray posted:

Bloomberg's poll numbers are just as illusory as Biden's once were, and for exactly the same reason.

loving this you arzying motherfuckers

We just saw this dance with Biden!!!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

We have two weeks to keep him under and he is just starting to be scrutinized

Doesn't mean we shouldn't mobilize and continue to knock on doors and call

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'll care about those polls when I see any evidence that Bloomberg isn't the new version of Biden where a lead poisoned brain just shouted out the first name it remembered and then didn't go to the polls.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Remember when polls had biden and Bernie tied in iowa? Lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Epic High Five posted:

if he gets the nom he's not even going to run a campaign in the general lol

it's becoming more and more apparent that the DNC freaked out enough to beg Bloomberg to step in to stop Bernie at all costs, even if it means losing the general to Trump, only to keep their power intact

no matter what happens, the DNC as it stands today must be fully eradicated

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Like, the goal should be to nuke him but their is nothing to indicate those numbers are actual strong support that won't turn into dust after the debate tomorrow.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

loving this trump redemption arc the writers are doing this year.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Feldegast42 posted:

We have two weeks to keep him under and he is just starting to be scrutinized

Doesn't mean we shouldn't mobilize and continue to knock on doors and call

how many states is he even on the ballot for

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Limerick posted:

We can hope we're not living in the last days of American democracy, but even better than hoping is doing: Call, knock on doors, text, and donate for Bernie Sanders. :bernget20:

this seems uncalled for "American democracy" is a well known colloquialism like the Rocky Mountain oyster

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Limerick posted:

lol at the probe reason

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

mildly arzying over bloomberg

w....why?? it's literally the same Low Information Name Recognition poll results that we saw with Biden. These are the least committed, easiest to peel off voters. The positive effect (depressing Biden/Buttigieg/Warren supporters into facing reality) is much stronger than the negative effect of a Bloomberg Bump (and Grind)

Fray posted:

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

https://twitter.com/Africa_Dabra/status/1229669835417755650

karen with the mask slipping

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Like, the goal should be to nuke him but their is nothing to indicate those numbers are actual strong support that won't turn into dust after the debate tomorrow.

I suppose this is also a test to see how important debates are compared to TV advertising and things like that. Would an awful Bloomberg debate performance actually reach that many eyes in the first place? I suppose it depends on what clips the news plays for the following week but I really don't know.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

All of them except for Nevada and South Carolina

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Louisgod posted:

it's becoming more and more apparent that the DNC freaked out enough to beg Bloomberg to step in to stop Bernie at all costs, even if it means losing the general to Trump, only to keep their power intact

no matter what happens, the DNC as it stands today must be fully eradicated

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

FistEnergy posted:

w....why?? it's literally the same Low Information Name Recognition poll results that we saw with Biden. These are the least committed, easiest to peel off voters. The positive effect (depressing Biden/Buttigieg/Warren supporters into facing reality) is much stronger than the negative effect of a Bloomberg Bump (and Grind)

they're flaky but they keep cycling en masse to more and more distressing candidates

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Everything from Super Tuesday onward if I'm not mistaken.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'll vote Trump over Bloomberg.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
please, its democracy with American charactersitics

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Limerick posted:

:golfclap:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

FistEnergy posted:

I feel this type of attitude is dangerous and reeks of 2016 complacency. Take him seriously because this dumbass country has demonstrated over and over again that everything is for sale and can be bought, whether it's through spreading lies and information, or prodding people to vote for you out of sheer information overload.

Like Trump, don't write Bloomberg off and instead see him as the only real viable threat to Bernie right now.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's a democracy like substitute

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Honestly if biden just drops a LITTLE bit more those polls imply bernie taking a full on majority of delegates on super tuesday. I don't like bloomberg being that high but those polls really aren't so bad.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Source4Leko posted:

lol nah, better to write in Bernie and vote downballot stuff, if not then just stay home

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Louisgod posted:

I feel this type of attitude is dangerous and reeks of 2016 complacency. Take him seriously because this dumbass country has demonstrated over and over again that everything is for sale and can be bought, whether it's through spreading lies and information, or prodding people to vote for you out of sheer information overload.

Like Trump, don't write Bloomberg off and instead see him as the only real viable threat to Bernie right now.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

lmao

https://twitter.com/Dudeguypal/status/1229892903725563908?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Source4Leko posted:

I'm leaving that drat field blank if it's Bloomberg v. Trump.

Louisgod posted:

absolutely, bloomberg is a huge threat right now and laughing these polls off is dumb. don't get disheartened and panic but also recognize this is a real problem