Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baaderbrains
Apr 30, 2007

safeguard the children

anti-magic posted:

The venn diagram of those two fanbases is just a circle.

Pretty sure you can buy them in a two for one deal at zing pop culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Id refuse any work involving the ladder till paid time had been set aside for me to memorise all those documents

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
One job I had there was all this training I had to do on this web portal and they harrased me about it every other day cause some was over a year overdue. Every time I just called their bluff and said oh yeah sure I can go do it all now which never happened because there was real work to do

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
People laugh at me when I ask if they have a ticket to climb the ladder.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

NVJ is the president and founding member of the unofficial John Williamson fanclub, and remains so despite several challenges to his authority.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

NVJ is the trainee sign maker for any work requiring people to read any procedures found available on the HUB under HR procedures

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Once I had to make sure every stoned teenager in my department knew what an MSDS stood for. Lotta one on one meetings repeating “material safety data sheet” back and forth.

It wasnt necessary to actually tell them what it was, just that they could say it

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
We had a password security tutorial. One of the (fictional) case studies was about a guy with a pet Poodle named Bonzo. He would always tell co-workers about what Bonzo was getting up to and had pictures of Bonzo all over his desk. Of course someone guessed that his Password was Bonzo. I felt personally attacked because it was basically describing me (except for the password).

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
our OHS portal frequently does not recognise that you completed your yearly training requirements so you either do them over and over again until it does, or just email HR and tell them that you completed it

its been this way for years and noone has any intention of fixing it

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
If im the clock ill watch paint dry if thats what im asked to do, but i think online portal training is some poo poo cunning scheme to make people do work at home

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Isaac posted:

If im the clock ill watch paint dry if thats what im asked to do, but i think online portal training is some poo poo cunning scheme to make people do work at home

And unpaid work at home, at that.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I just flushed 200mg of surplus dilaudid down the shitter
Somewhere a junkie just got a splitting headache and a chill down their spine

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ain't happening. I get paid to do mandatory work training, or it doesn't get done. End of.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

tardwrangler posted:

I just flushed 200mg of surplus dilaudid down the shitter
Somewhere a junkie just got a splitting headache and a chill down their spine

The universe will reward you with even more drugs

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
The ghost of Bill Burroughs just called me a hellbound square

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Carth Dookie posted:

Ain't happening. I get paid to do mandatory work training, or it doesn't get done. End of.

I'm imagining Christian Horner saying this.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Carth Dookie posted:

100%

My current employer is good about this, there's not even the merest hint pf a suggestion that I should do training courses in my own time.

But I used to work at a place where not only were we expected to do unpaid training and unpaid work, we also had to do this in our own vehicles at our own expense. Of course you didn't have to, but the venn diagram of people who didn't do freebies and people who didn't work there anymore was a nice circle.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Billy Burroughs definitely went to hell I wouldnt worry about his opinion

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Calling it. Some silly cunts were shooting/burning gas bottles. The lighting is a red herring.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Every day at my new job is another fresh layer of horror to peel back and marvel. Last week's was the discovery of meeting minutes identifying the closest thing to safety training we've ever had: turns out sometime early last year our con man ex executive director saw we had no safety policies and tasked it to our lazy chairman to do something about it. The ED ran off as 'I'll just delegate everything and call it done' fuckwits tend to do and the chairman went back to ignoring his emails. We work in and around fast flowing streams and rivers and the company doesn't own a single lifejacket. It's almost impressive. I always thought Oz industry safety culture was over the top. I really miss people taking that poo poo seriously.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Carth Dookie posted:

This is the correct option.

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010

iRend posted:

Yeah we had a reckoning too many Fs. Just rejoin!

Can I grab an invite code? PM is fine!

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Also need discord link and apparently

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

NPR Journalizard posted:

This is the correct option.

Surrender an inch, and they take a mile. Every opportunity to exert workers rights to ensure we don't slip into a USA type situation must be taken.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Carth Dookie posted:

Surrender an inch, and they take a mile. Every opportunity to exert workers rights to ensure we don't slip into a USA type situation must be taken.

We're fighting for the right to slog up the stairs while they're riding the elevator. Time to cut the cables imo. Not sure that analogy plays out.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Mcspergin did you get that long rear end pm? Hard to tell if it went through.
Also Jestery check your pms theres lots of plants in there

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

tardwrangler posted:

Mcspergin did you get that long rear end pm? Hard to tell if it went through.
Also Jestery check your pms theres lots of plants in there

Replied

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
light show goin awf in the north

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

maxe posted:

light show goin awf in the north

That looks like last night at my place.

The laser cut experiment worked beautifully and now have a repeatable box that has very little in the way of waste material. This has become super important as the bushfires have affected our ability to get 3mm plywood at $30 a sheet and instead have to use sheets that are $90 a sheet which cuts into the budget massively.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
as per your request, I revert with the following

https://discord.gg/gcCEbA

best wishes,

rend

F
Nov 6, 2005

iRend posted:

as per your request, I revert with the following

https://discord.gg/gcCEbA

best wishes,

rend

Dear

Good day!

Thank for doing the needful. No further reverts.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
How did autocomplete come up with " boner Singing"?

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A woman critically injured in a car fire in Brisbane has died in hospital. Her husband and three young children also died in the incident.

:(

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

one day we'll all be dead and the long-distant inhabitants of AusGBS 16.8 will be faithfully chanting to an NVJ they've never known, praying that he comes back to assistant-manage the Mirboo North RSL tuck shop

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah, I heard about that from my wife, who's a nurse there. Really horrific murder suicide on behalf of the father.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

[edit]
^^^

BurgerQuest posted:

A woman critically injured in a car fire in Brisbane has died in hospital. Her husband and three young children also died in the incident.

:(

the news articles reporting on this have been suspiciously quiet about the specifics of what happened. The only meaningful information I've seen is witness reports that she escaped from the car yelling "he's thrown petrol on me" at 8:30am this morning.

I'm pessimistic that it sounds like the worst murder-suicide I've ever heard of.

[edit2]
Looking up up now, yep confirmed.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Feb 19, 2020

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Read earlier on the ABC that some 4 ambulances and 30 first responders showed up, all of whom have been stood down for debriefing to deal with the trauma.

What a oval office.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think the police have released any further information about the circumstances, so the media doesn't have anything further to report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

BurgerQuest posted:

I don't think the police have released any further information about the circumstances, so the media doesn't have anything further to report.

hasn't stopped the Australian from making the obvious connections: https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/three-children-dead-in-car-fire-in-brisbanes-camp-hill/news-story/4ba3fac3b380a1ea32995f5f13b5967f