Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is his sister in the back seat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

the paradigm shift posted:

I didn't read it but somehow they got Claire to do a reddit ama and I'm like don't you have better things to be doing

It's a brilliant move from Williams actually. Distract her so she stops interfering in the running of the team!

Williams WCC 2021 and George Russell WDC 2021!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I haven't paid attention to F1 in like 9 months and all I want to know is if Kvyat knocked up Kelly and then dumped her because he isn't on her instagram feed and she posted a lot of sad poo poo a while back thanks

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is that for real? Dirty Daniil dumped Our Kelly?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I haven't paid attention to F1 in like 9 months and all I want to know is if Kvyat knocked up Kelly and then dumped her because he isn't on her instagram feed and she posted a lot of sad poo poo a while back thanks

This photo says otherwise

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

the kentucky quid posted:

Ferrari owns theyre gonna gently caress everyone up in the races this season

Are they just going to ram into other teams cars?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

NtotheTC posted:

Boris Johnson has "closed the UK borders to unskilled workers" so I guess no Ferrari at Silverstone this year

I guess Bottas won't be working in the Mercedes factory this year

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
FIA ditching Silverstone and the entire british involvement in formula 1 would be a plus IMO

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

This popped up in my YouTube recommendations so I’m glad google is now data harvesting this thread for its algorithm. khablam can you sync it with your access database for optimal SEO?

Khablam posted:

I watched this video yesterday, so I'm sure the boffins at Google have linked us up.

This explains why I keep getting recommendations for anti-Lewis vlogs by people with German accents

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I'm sad that they won't be sticking with this livery. It's so good.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Blessed Lewis

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I hope the Racing Point car is good this year so that Stroll can finally have a car to match his (unrefined, yet excellent) talent.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

(unrefined, yet excellent) talent.
I suppose this would make Lance Stroll the Charlie Sheen in Major League of F1? And the 2020 pink Mercedes is the pair of glasses that will allow him to master his powers and dominate the sport with unprecedented trap speeds?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
no

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Make new thread so i can toxx already

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I never completed my toxx from last year, dirt road junglist said they'd pop in with their choices.

Free doctorgonzo

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

ilmucche posted:

Free doctorgonzo

He is free! Shhhh!

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Did the guy with the read a post from this thread out loud-toxx already do it? That would be proof this thread isn’t just badly programmed bots talking to each other.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

code:
10 PRINT "get in there lewis"
20 GOTO 10

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Who do you guys think would win at Spa? Tony in his M3 or this year’s Williams?

Does the M3 have nitrogen in its tyres?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Who do you guys think would win at Spa? Tony in his M3 or this year’s Williams?

If it's after Tony's been on a coke bender, I wouldn't rate Lewis Hamilton's chances tbh.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

So Mercedes invented a 2-axis steering wheel. Nice.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You Am I posted:

Are they just going to ram into other teams cars?

Vtetel is driving for them.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

tuo posted:

So Mercedes invented a 2-axis steering wheel. Nice.

Say what?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

Say what?

was just about to post about this

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/status/1230435415586484231

not quite two-axis, but Scarbs' guess is that it can actuate rockers and impact the front toe.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I love F1

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Williams tried that in 94.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/jronkain/status/1230437658385620992

:psyduck: I hope that's not faked

spaceblancmange posted:

edgelord poo poo right here

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

It's not faked. He did for couple of laps, most of them putting a telemetry marker when using it. Seemed like he pulls it before a straight, and pushes it back before a slow corner. He stopped after the videos popped up everywhere. I can only assume F1 worldfeed noticed it, because they showed a lot of his onboards for couple of laps instead of showing the rest of the field.

e: oh, just saw the twitter post...yeah, that's what he did ;)

https://imgur.com/a/dcqVF7i

ee: it's crazy how much the front axle reacts in regard to toe.

tuo fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 20, 2020

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

spaceblancmange posted:

:drat:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Is there any reason that can't modify the brake bias at the same time? AFAIK the rule states it has to be a manual driver adjustment and you can't have presets?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Lewis pulling it to toes

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

NtotheTC posted:

Is there any reason that can't modify the brake bias at the same time? AFAIK the rule states it has to be a manual driver adjustment and you can't have presets?

When I saw the movement and made sure my eyes/camera angle weren't playing tricks on me, that was the first thing I assumed. But since he changes it the same amount of travel each time, I started to doubt it, as brake bias is changed couple of clicks before most cornes, not "55:45" to "51:49" on a regular basis (since the travel is quite big). It took me a while though to notice the front axle change. I wouldn't rule it out, though. But I haven't seen him go into a corner with the wheel pulled, so I assume he puts front axle geometry back to normal before braking. Sadly, he stopped doing it once everyone saw it :/

tuo fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Feb 20, 2020

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Like the Renault mass damper, it doesn't need to actually be breaking any rules to get banned if someone manages to twist the wording of a rule enough.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I assume the same. If it actually is worth couple of tenths per lap, it will be banned, as other teams can't easily replicate it.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

My 1st car had CV joints like that.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Apparently Mercedes just confirmed that this is not for testing, but a system they will race, and it adjusts the toe and ride height of the front axle.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I imagine Mercedes know it isn't rulebreaking, but will be banned. Otherwise they'd have saved it 'til next year. Its an extremely obvious system, the other teams will protest it but can't just sit around in the meantime so they'll all start trying to replicate it, fail (in the case of ferrari) claim they're leaving the sport if it isn't banned and Mercedes will say "fine we'll take it off" having exploited the benefits for several races and drained a huge amount of competitor's resources. Peak F1 basically: when you're ahead, get more ahead

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

FRICS 2.0 (allthough that was actually invented by Caterham)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's the sort of thing you can experiment with when you're already ahead in a year where nothing matters because it's all change next year