Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Wengy posted:

Yeah, this poo poo is already a thing. My insurer has a positively dystopian opt-in reward program that allows their app access to your smartphone‘s pedometer

Clone your phone and put it in a church to game the system, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler posted:

lol

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Randler posted:

I genuinely laughed

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Randler posted:

Gottverdammt :lol:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Randler posted:

ahahah

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Randler posted:

lol

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Randler posted:

Nett.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Wengy posted:

Yeah, this poo poo is already a thing. My insurer has a positively dystopian opt-in reward program that allows their app access to your smartphone‘s pedometer and if you accrue enough steps per day according to their metric and log other healthy behavior stuff they reward you with ‚points‘ which are worth actual money, i. e. lower premiums. Only a matter of time until this opt-in scheme becomes standard practice.

What if your smartphone doesn't have a pedometer? Will they send you money to buy a new one?

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Randler posted:

PKV still the better choice if you are healthy and wealthy right now and do not plan on having family.

If you are an employee, your employer also has to pay a Zuschuss to your PKV fees up to the amount they would otherwise pay as the Arbeitgeberanteil to GKV fees.

Beihilfe is even more powerful.

Beihilfe means the state reimburses like 90% of healthcare costs. A Beamter only needs PKV to cover the remaining 10% in some way. As a result his risk profile and fees are significantly more lenient compared to Gutverdiener und Selbstständige who need to insure their entire health risks.

There's no greater enemy to the Millenial than the Beamten Boomer with even the SPD coming only in second. The combo is even worse.

When they discussed the tax reform the SPD was so insidious as to propose entlasting the "upper middle class" while raising the Beitragbemessungsgrenze. Which would mean your average Lehrer who doesn't contribute jack to the Solidarsystem would get a nice tax break for being a privileged gently caress and the "well earning Angestellter" would get a little tax break while being shafted on Sozialabgaben.

If you look at Beamtennetto and translate it back into the equivalent Angestelltenbrutto (without even taking benefits like Beihilfe and the Pensionen into account) you should feel a bitter laughter rising in your throat.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Randler posted:

:ck5:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I basically only have good experience with the German public health system. its much better than the Dutch hollowed out neo-liberalised "public" healtcare system that I was used to.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

I basically only have good experience with the German public health system. its much better than the Dutch hollowed out neo-liberalised "public" healtcare system that I was used to.

Public healthcare still works remarkably well (Renten- und Pflegeversicherung, less so), which makes it somewhat easier to mask how unfair a lot of the Beitragserhebung for the soziale Sicherungssysteme actually are.

Just to use my go-to example: There is no such thing as Werbungskosten for the Sozialversicherungen.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

gently caress.

quote:

In Hanau hat ein Mann neun Menschen erschossen. Der mutmaßliche Täter wurde tot aufgefunden und soll ein wirr-rassistisches Schreiben verfasst haben
https://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/zeitgeschehen/2020-02/hanau-laut-medien-bekennerschreiben-und-video-zu-angriffen-gefunden

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Looking forward to learning which part of the manifesto are agreeable to the ZEIT if it is merely "größtenteils wire".

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
und wieder legal im besitz von waffen da sportschütze lol

und gleichzeitig
https://twitter.com/der_postillon/status/1230412088000024576?s=21

Aix fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Feb 20, 2020

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Dass die Nazi-Sympathien im Verfassungsschutz Teil des Designs und nicht Fehler sind, erkennt man ganz gut daran, dass CDU und SPD angesichts der Äußerungen von Herrn Maaßen nicht völlig entsetzt die ganze Behörde auf den Kopf stellen.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Randler posted:

PKV still the better choice if you are healthy and wealthy right now and do not plan on having family.

If you are an employee, your employer also has to pay a Zuschuss to your PKV fees up to the amount they would otherwise pay as the Arbeitgeberanteil to GKV fees.

Beihilfe is even more powerful.

Beihilfe means the state reimburses like 90% of healthcare costs. A Beamter only needs PKV to cover the remaining 10% in some way. As a result his risk profile and fees are significantly more lenient compared to Gutverdiener und Selbstständige who need to insure their entire health risks.

Bullshit. Here in RLP, Beihilfe covers 50% of the healthcare cost for Beamte, not 90%. There is a yearly deductible you have to hit before it covers anything, though, of a couple hundred €. This still means a healthy Beamter in a high enough Besoldungsstufe might pay less for their PKV than they would for a GKV - this can and will change if you have enough pre-existing conditions. If a Beamter/in choses to voluntarily switch to the GKV instead, they receive no Beihilfe at all, AND the state also does not cover the employer share of the GKV, so you'll be paying out of your rear end for switching to the GKV.

The Beihilfe also has their own rules about coverage, and might refuse to cover things your insurance does, meaning that you end up pay half of the cost out of your own pocket, if it's frivolous poo poo like "after-care after an eye operation for cataracts". Get ready to write a buncha letters to fix this!

When you enter Ruhestand, the Beihilfe here in RLP goes up to 75%, which helps bring down the PKV cost once more, as it obviously has been raising as you got older. Without the raise to 75%, the average Lehrer would pay far more out of their pension for the PKV than the regular GKV. With the raise to 75%, here in RLP, you still pay more for your PKV than you would pay for the GKV as a regular Rentner, unless you climbed the career ladder high enough to get a Ministerialbeamter style pension.

The Beihilfe system wasn't made to allow every little former teacher to live like a fat cat on their pension, it's been done to move money out of the GKV system and great care was spent to make sure it will work for those at the top end of the Beamtenspektrum

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Teachers only work half days so them getting 50 percent equals 100 percent if they worked full time.

And if you take vacation days into account teachers actually make money from being sick.

(On a more serious note, teachers are part of the state apparatus and therefore fatcats not workers by default.)

Randler fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Feb 20, 2020

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
I think it's good that you give benefits to teachers

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Spice World War II posted:

Bullshit. Here in RLP, Beihilfe covers 50% of the healthcare cost for Beamte, not 90%. There is a yearly deductible you have to hit before it covers anything, though, of a couple hundred €. This still means a healthy Beamter in a high enough Besoldungsstufe might pay less for their PKV than they would for a GKV - this can and will change if you have enough pre-existing conditions. If a Beamter/in choses to voluntarily switch to the GKV instead, they receive no Beihilfe at all, AND the state also does not cover the employer share of the GKV, so you'll be paying out of your rear end for switching to the GKV.

The Beihilfe also has their own rules about coverage, and might refuse to cover things your insurance does, meaning that you end up pay half of the cost out of your own pocket, if it's frivolous poo poo like "after-care after an eye operation for cataracts". Get ready to write a buncha letters to fix this!

When you enter Ruhestand, the Beihilfe here in RLP goes up to 75%, which helps bring down the PKV cost once more, as it obviously has been raising as you got older. Without the raise to 75%, the average Lehrer would pay far more out of their pension for the PKV than the regular GKV. With the raise to 75%, here in RLP, you still pay more for your PKV than you would pay for the GKV as a regular Rentner, unless you climbed the career ladder high enough to get a Ministerialbeamter style pension.

The Beihilfe system wasn't made to allow every little former teacher to live like a fat cat on their pension, it's been done to move money out of the GKV system and great care was spent to make sure it will work for those at the top end of the Beamtenspektrum

A little verbeamteter Gymnasiallehrer in RLP with a13/6 (average age of Lehrers in RLP=44 years) earns ~42k netto. Having 2 or more children would net him 70% Beihilfe but let‘s keep it simple and only have a look at a single without children.

42k netto makes him a member of the upper 10% as an Angestellter would have to earn 72,5k brutto to get the same netto. If we substract the PKV (200€ a month and let's say another 400€ a year, so 2,8k€/year) he still comes out at 39k€netto or 66,5k€ Angestelltenbrutto which is enough for the upper 15% while having the better Krankenversicherung.

Even when compared to people with Hochschulabschluss he is in the top 30% of his peer group while shirking the burden that other „starke Schultern“ are supposed to carry. So yeah, the little Lehrer is very much a fat cat.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1230287397377626112

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
hoppla, nicht nur der maassen postet heute mal wieder müll

https://twitter.com/sigmargabriel/status/1230438894174375937?s=21

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Aix posted:

mittelfinger.gifv

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Some hooligans knocked over a dustbin in Shaftsbury tonight!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/mvhaydencenter/status/1230354022873300994

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Cool cool cool all the major parties are talking about right wing extremism, what with the attacker having distributed racist and xenophobic writing, but the AfD doesn’t use the word “rechts” even once.

gently caress those guys.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

He fellated Trump a lot publicly, that is the extent of his job qualification

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Einbauschrank posted:

A little verbeamteter Gymnasiallehrer in RLP with a13/6 (average age of Lehrers in RLP=44 years) earns ~42k netto. Having 2 or more children would net him 70% Beihilfe but let‘s keep it simple and only have a look at a single without children.

42k netto makes him a member of the upper 10% as an Angestellter would have to earn 72,5k brutto to get the same netto. If we substract the PKV (200€ a month and let's say another 400€ a year, so 2,8k€/year) he still comes out at 39k€netto or 66,5k€ Angestelltenbrutto which is enough for the upper 15% while having the better Krankenversicherung.

Even when compared to people with Hochschulabschluss he is in the top 30% of his peer group while shirking the burden that other „starke Schultern“ are supposed to carry. So yeah, the little Lehrer is very much a fat cat.

The PKV is a great deal for anyone young and middle-age with a reasonably high income, whether they are a Beamter, self-employed or a high earning employee. Contrary to high earning employees, who can voluntarily stick to the GKV and still only pay up to the Bemessungsgrenze AND get half the GKV paid by their employer, self-employed AND Beamte will have to carry the full GKV though on their own, which makes it much more expensive and therefore means they are basically forced to go PKV.

When you get old, all three groups would potentially get equally hosed by the high PKV cost. The 75% Beihilfe helps bring the cost down to within reasonable distance of what a Rentner would pay. I, personally, think it's a good idea to pay your teachers well enough that their educational peer group doesn't laugh at them, but maybe we should try the "don't pay your teachers poo poo" model and see if that finally improves our educational system!

Re: Hanau

I love that in the first news alerts about Hanau, when nothing much was known yet, I read about "big black sports cars were seen circling the area" which I am pretty sure is code for organized crime and Dönermorde 2.0

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
Mist aber auch, immer diese armen, verwirrten Einzeltäter. Tja, was kann man da machen?! Stattdessen sollten wir lieber über den systematischen Linksterrorismus in Deutschland sprechen!!!1

re AfD: https://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/inland/attentat-in-hanau-afd-bestreitet-rechtsextremistisches-motiv-16643448.html

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's pretty funny that the US ambassador to Germany is also Trump's chief spy, and also a man who boasted about doing everything he could to spread the alt-right in Europe.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Aix posted:

Lmao Jesus Christ

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

And everyone will still refuse to see that we have a racism problem, because the only true national pride of Germany is that we are perfect humanists who can never be racist again.

While brown people / Muslism / Jews get yelled at and attacked every single loving day, even just in Berlin.
Literally none of my family or friends have never had to experience blatant racism here.

And the whole issue is not that these racist fucks exist, but that everyone else thinks that this poo poo don't happen here.
Now we are at a point where there are several deadly terrorist attacks per year and the big delusion is to call those outliers. As long as this problem is minimized, that poo poo will escalate.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Weil das Thema aus meiner Sicht in der Presse nicht hinreichend gewürdigt wird, hier mal eine kurze allgemeinpolitische Information. Das Bundesverfassungsgericht hat vor Kurzem seine Vorschau für 2020 (sog. "Lügenliste") veröffentlicht, in der die Verfahren aufgelistet sind, die 2020 wohl entschieden werden dürfen. Ich habe mal die rausgesucht, die von einem gewissen politischen Interesse selbst für linksgrünversiffte Fadenfreunde sind.

- Zulässigkeit bzw. Verpflichtung der Begünstigung von Eltern bei der Beitragserhebung der Sozialversicherungen (div. Verfahren)
- Vorratsdatenspeicherung
- Datenschutzfragen im Zusammenhang mit Sicherheitsbehörden (div. Verfahren)
- Verfassungsbeschwerde gegen das Unterlassen geeigneter Maßnahmen zur Bekämpfung des Klimawandels
- Zulässigkeit des Zinssatzes von 6 % p.a. für Steuernachzahlungen und -erstattungen
- Verfassungsmäßigkeit bzgl. Gesetz, dass die Zweckentfremdung von Wohnraum verbietet (z.B. AirBnB)
- Pflicht zum Abdruck von Schockbildern auf Kippenschachteln
- Verfassungsmäßigkeit der Nichtanerkennung von ausländischen Ehen mit Minderjährigen (und als Folge daraus Verlust von Unterhaltsansprüchen und Aufenthaltstiteln)
- Kopftuchverbot für Referendarinnen im juritischen Vorbereitungsdienst
- Organstreitverfahren bzgl. illegaler Öffentlichkeitsarbeit durch den Bundesinnenminister
- Elektronische Fußfessel
- Auschluss "verfassungsfeindlicher" Parteien von der staatlichen Parteienfinanzierung (Zulässigkeit der Regelung an sich)
- Antrag die NPD als "verfassungsfeindliche" Partei im Sinne des Gesetzes einzustufen
- Zulässigkeit der Mitgliederschaft in einer Kirche als Einstellungsvoraussetzung im Rahmen des Allgemeinen Gleichstellungsgesetz
- Zulässigkeit die parteinahe Stiftung der AfD nicht mit Zuschüssen zu versorgen (also anders als andere parteinahe Stiftungen)
- Höhe der Vergütung für Arbeit von Strafgefangenen
- Zulässigkeit Auslieferung nach Rumänien im Hinblick auf dortige Haftbedingungen
- Strafbarkeit der Entnahme von Lebensmiteln aus verschlossenen Abfallcontainern (sog. "Containern") als Diebstahl

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
this
Abfallcontainern (sog. "Containern")
is peak Beamtendeutsch

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's referring to the act though, not the Abfallcontainer.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

And it's an incel again.

Bundesincelbeauftragten, NOW. The incels are slaughtering us in the streets

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

They're not even trying to hide that they are spying on the chancellor of Germany more than Stasi ever.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Steinmeier could just pull Grenell's credentials but I don't see that happening unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Lunar Suite posted:

Cool cool cool all the major parties are talking about right wing extremism, what with the attacker having distributed racist and xenophobic writing, but the AfD doesn’t use the word “rechts” even once.

gently caress those guys.

Well, duh. By AFD standards dude barely qualifies as center.