Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ruggan posted:

What's a game I can play on my computer with people I don't know that is casually fun and isn't some dumb MMO or 1000% tryhard complex weird game

Stardew Valley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ruggan posted:

What's a game I can play on my computer with people I don't know that is casually fun and isn't some dumb MMO or 1000% tryhard complex weird game

Split or Steal

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm pissed off I haven't been able to play the ff14 patch this week because I've been recovering from the flu all week!! too sick to game, human bodies are hosed up and I don't like em

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Diablo 3 maybe

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

monster hunter world

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

risk of rain 2

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Stux posted:

risk of rain 2

:hmmyes:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

I'm pissed off I haven't been able to play the ff14 patch this week because I've been recovering from the flu all week!! too sick to game, human bodies are hosed up and I don't like em

Good news you're not missing much

jk it owns

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ruggan posted:

Fortnite

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I just looked it up and apparently playing Binding on Isaac on Hard is only required if you've got a bunch of completion marks as specific characters

I've had it turned on since I've unlocked it and wound up getting frustrated and sad by the fact I couldn't get much further than the first four areas (I thought it would be mandatory to get more unlocks/progression)

I feel real stupid right now

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

yeah no I’m sorry by sonic mania encore mode really sucks. the level design seems geared toward pissing off the player with cheap shots and traps. complete departure from old sonic games and even the base game. unfun.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yo u say it sucks however, its good and i enjoy it. a clear contradiction. [pheonix wright slapping the paper gif]

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I like how Haruka is disappointed in anything less than total golfing perfection

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CubeTheory posted:

I legit thought this was going to be the japanese knife making guy, I guess it's pretty close though

Have you seen the latest kiwami japan video? The ending is really something else.

Their videos have been really going places and the "plot" stuff you can glean from the last several videos is well and truly uhh... something.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Songbearer posted:

I just looked it up and apparently playing Binding on Isaac on Hard is only required if you've got a bunch of completion marks as specific characters

I've had it turned on since I've unlocked it and wound up getting frustrated and sad by the fact I couldn't get much further than the first four areas (I thought it would be mandatory to get more unlocks/progression)

I feel real stupid right now

hey you could've been a real fool and tried to get the completion marks for the lost

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Lurdiak posted:

Stardew Valley.

How do you play stardew valley with random people and how does that work?

Kerrzhe posted:

monster hunter world

Isn’t monster hunter world intensely grindy?

Stux posted:

risk of rain 2

I liked 1, never played 2. You can play online multi in 2?

I’m not 14 or a streamer, is that going to negatively influence my experience?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ruggan posted:

The main story has like 0 grinding in it.

The endgame is obviously hunting more of the same monsters over and over but hunting monsters is like the point of the game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oh poo poo
https://twitter.com/DogDunce_GG/status/1230621760661467137

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Well I never

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3w1_E1V46M

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
furquency

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
feminists DESTROYED as Sonic the Hedgehog SPINDASHES into them!!!!!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ruggan posted:

no. it might look like it at first, but you really only need to kill a monster maybe 2-3 times to get enough parts to make the stuff you want. it's got a very nice progression curve.

unlike the game i played more of today, Dauntless, which has a progression curve like a goddamn loving roller coaster, and is extremely grindy.

to upgrade each weapon and armor set you have to have various kinds of orbs which are all from hunts of different tiers of difficulty, and the only way to get everything upgraded is to either just straight grind patrols (and hope you have bonus chests) of a single type and upgrade everything evenly, or be a fool like me and just upgrade your one favorite weapon really high, going through the hunt tiers progressively, but then realize you should probably have weapons of more than one element and so then you have to go back and grind the lower tier hunts and then the medium tier hunts and then do the same thing all over again for armor.

also i hope one day they learn the lesson taught by other multiplayer games and change the end screen so it doesn't make me feel like a lovely player:

like why is this necessary. why do you have to put me down like that. why not instead show a card of how many times i interrupted the monster (which i specifically built for) instead of judging me for getting hit a whole bunch (i am specced for a low-health lifesteal build and never actually die)

i feel like i do nothing but complain out loud to my cat when i'm playing this game about all the design decisions i hate so maybe i should not be playing this game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I liked Dauntless and its systems more than monster hunter world, but I only got to the 4th tier of monsters so maybe endgame you have to have the appropriate weapon weaknesses to exploit foes but I coasted just fine upgrading whatever.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
It's complete bullshit that you can't wear gloves in GTA IV.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Disposable Scud posted:

It's complete bullshit that you can't wear gloves in GTA IV.

Just wear gloves while you're playing it. Don't let the Housers tell you what to do.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

birds of pre

:gizz:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Wait wait

tsundere queen

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That video is 27 minutes long lol

Are there really people who watch this poo poo, like I enjoy well-produced You-Tube documentaries but when someone sends me like a Joseph Anderson video and is like "watch this it will blow your mind it's so insightful" and it's 90 seconds of argument stretched out into 90 minutes because no one is there to tell him to wrap things up

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The only 20+ minute sonic video you wanna watch is sonic 1 easy mode

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Joe Anderson sometimes has good insight but he is mostly a discount Noah Caldwell-Gervais. You can extrapolate a lot of what he was all think if you remember that he started his video essay career with dark souls analysis vids

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

The only 20+ minute sonic video you wanna watch is sonic 1 easy mode

Never not TASBot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09boPxw4nlY

Gotta go fast

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

i’ve come to make an announcement, sonic mania encore mode is a bitch rear end mother fucker

I'm not up on lingo, is this good or bad

Edit: ah, just saw your other post

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I wish that youtuber was a forum poster who I could probate for being a dweeb. Good lord what an absolutely dumb video to even think about making.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If Pim Tool was a goon he would've gotten himself banned long ago. Probably around 2008.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ruggan posted:

Jackbox Party Pack
EDF
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Monster Prom

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The great thing is Youtube is recommending me cam clips from the Sonic movie for whatever goddamn reason. Want an actual spoiler from the movie?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The wife has only played videogames in the time we've been together and watching her evolve from slowly grinding her character against a stairwell in Life Is Strange and refusing to explore because Max said she had to go somewhere, to firing and using cover while moving in Bioshock and being able to hold off crowds by herself is a real :3: moment

She says she doesn't want to play open world games because having so many options is overwhelming to her but I think she doesn't actually realise that most of them have stories to follow anyway. I think I'm gonna convince her to play GTA5 when she's done with Bioshock for these reasons:

The game has crazy generous autoaim with a controller

The vehicle handling is simple enough that it won't overwhelm her

The tone of the game is farcical and has three different characters to play

There is a Dog

Are there any other open world games that might be a good introduction for someone new to that genre?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Breath of the Wild or Minecraft?

Assassin's Creed also has Discovery Tour DLC, which is literally just being out in an open world and having a guided historical tour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jiq1o1NJXYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh4Iy-p943M

Like.. how easy do you want to slide her into open world stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Songbearer posted:

The wife has only played videogames in the time we've been together and watching her evolve from slowly grinding her character against a stairwell in Life Is Strange and refusing to explore because Max said she had to go somewhere, to firing and using cover while moving in Bioshock and being able to hold off crowds by herself is a real :3: moment

She says she doesn't want to play open world games because having so many options is overwhelming to her but I think she doesn't actually realise that most of them have stories to follow anyway. I think I'm gonna convince her to play GTA5 when she's done with Bioshock for these reasons:

The game has crazy generous autoaim with a controller

The vehicle handling is simple enough that it won't overwhelm her

The tone of the game is farcical and has three different characters to play

There is a Dog

Are there any other open world games that might be a good introduction for someone new to that genre?

GTA V is also genuinely mean spirited and the cops are ridiculously unfun. Sleeping Dogs would be a much better one imo as the world is more focused and the story has a very cool hook to it.