Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kith posted:

If I'm doing song references for something, I tend towards sticking to a single artist.

Which is to say that all of the cards are going to be named after Dead Kennedy songs or albums.

Lard would work too since Jello Biafra is/was one of the members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

To add some criticism that isn’t just of the flavor, I love Yakuza but it doesn’t make much sense without the synergies. Also while I like the damage resistance it’s main function was letting you zip around while wearing the fatsuit. It should give you enough DR so you can survive a sniper shot but it shouldn’t try to compete with armorer or anarchist.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

watho posted:

To add some criticism that isn’t just of the flavor, I love Yakuza but it doesn’t make much sense without the synergies.

Would you mind explaining a bit more what you mean by "synergies"?

quote:

Also while I like the damage resistance it’s main function was letting you zip around while wearing the fatsuit. It should give you enough DR so you can survive a sniper shot but it shouldn’t try to compete with armorer or anarchist.

Well, it's like I said in the roadmap:

quote:

Since Armor Recovery is Hitman’s bag and Movement Speed has the entire Runner Tree dedicated to it, Yakuza has been shifted to mimicking Frenzy’s “trade Health for Damage Resistance” on a greater scale.

Its new role is to be an armor-agnostic defensive deck that increases your durability regardless of what you're using. "Going fast in a fatsuit" was something that was moved to Armorer because I felt that functionality made Yakuza too powerful.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I mean that berserker is gone so there’s no other benefit to having low health. It also never was too powerful because in order to get the maximum bonus you could be one shot by a sniper so it was always more worth to go with armorer, biker, or anarchist instead.

Also giving armorer a speed bonus feel super loving weird. I really don’t see how Yakuza’s 40% maximum conditional damage resistance is anyway near as good as armorer’s unconditional 100% more armor.

Maybe it all makes sense in context but I currently just don’t see any reason to ever run yakuza as it is now

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

watho posted:

I mean that berserker is gone so there’s no other benefit to having low health. It also never was too powerful because in order to get the maximum bonus you could be one shot by a sniper so it was always more worth to go with armorer, biker, or anarchist instead.
I see. I feel the deck will be pretty powerful/usable in the majority of situations, so I'm pretty okay with Snipers remaining a threat. Of course, I'm open to changing it if testing shows that it's too weak to Snipers, but that's something I'm going to wait on actual gameplay feedback to change.

quote:

Also giving armorer a speed bonus feel super loving weird.
It's less of a "speed bonus" and more of a "penalty reduction":

quote:

Card 4: Armored Grace
Your Speed penalty for wearing Armor is reduced by 50%.
Which I feel is pretty fair, given that the Armorer deck is supposed to be all about making heavy armor more efficient.

quote:

I really don’t see how Yakuza’s 40% maximum conditional damage resistance is anyway near as good as armorer’s unconditional 100% more armor.
I think the problem is that you misread the effects of the deck; Yakuza can get up to 80% Damage Resistance at a time between the Fujin (Missing Health) and Raijin (Damage Taken) effects, not just 40%. Granted, you have to take damage to activate the latter portion, but considering that 50% Damage Resistance is effectively double durability (and that functions for both Health and Armor), most of the time you'll survive getting hit in the first place to activate the latter effect with little issue.

quote:

Maybe it all makes sense in context but I currently just don’t see any reason to ever run yakuza as it is now
I hope my explanation has helped change your mind. If it hasn't, I'm open to suggestions on how you feel the deck could be improved.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I mean the roadmap one is not at all weak to snipers, it’s the current in game one and I still really don’t see why armorer should decrease the movement penalty of armors when it’s the only deck that’s explicitly focused on the ICTV. It just seems to counter the whole more armor = less mobility design that’s going on with the rest of the game.

I get what you’re going for with Yakuza but it’s just that frenzy isn’t super interesting without berserker, and again anarchist already has the sacrifice health for more overall survivability thing but done in a way more interesting way.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Hey guys, if any of you still don't have Payday Christmas or Overkill holla at me, I got both and I'd like to give them away.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Haven't played since like 2015. Was ammo always this scarce? I get like 4 bullets per pickup.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Advice for having more ammo:

1. Use a machinegun.
2. Use a shotgun.
3. Use an UZI or UZI family SMG or similar weapon.
4. Have a Gambler in your group.
5. Turn out outlines for ammo drops and pick them up more aggressively.
6. The ammo bag tree (right enforcer) includes skills that give you more ammo and more ammo drops.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I tried my old shotgun build just for nostalgia the other night, and I was desperate for ammo almost immediately.

Playing by myself.

On safehouse defense.

Surrounded by hundreds of bodies.

It was kind of ridiculous, honestly, and I very much noticed this issue myself, is all I'm saying.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Put dragon's breath rounds in the streetsweeper or grimms and never worry about ammo again(as much) from the trash mobs of common cops dying in droves

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

EorayMel posted:

Put dragon's breath rounds in the streetsweeper or grimms and never worry about ammo again(as much) from the trash mobs of common cops dying in droves

Oh, that was *with* dual dragonsbreath grimms for most of the trash.

My loco was still dry a good 70% of the time, even running out in the open to get shot to pieces trying to grab ammo for it.

The grimms never ran too low.

But I like shooting people cops in the face with my loco! Flying ragdolls is like, coincidentally, 70% of the reason for using it!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Oh, that was *with* dual dragonsbreath grimms for most of the trash.

My loco was still dry a good 70% of the time, even running out in the open to get shot to pieces trying to grab ammo for it.

The grimms never ran too low.

But I like shooting people cops in the face with my loco! Flying ragdolls is like, coincidentally, 70% of the reason for using it!

Put 000 buck in the double grimms, put fire in the single one.

Or use the claire secondary with fletchettes and laugh at the mosconi/jocelyn being obsolete

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
...but...I like my loco...

I killed more people than some record-setting natural disasters with my baby, back in the days before the LMG lured me away.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

I like the loco with slugs as a secondary for a AA12 or dual grimms with 000. Snipers, shields and swat truck shields can gently caress right off and the loco's ammo pool is fine for dealing with those. For everything else, there's facefulls of 000.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Kild posted:

Haven't played since like 2015. Was ammo always this scarce? I get like 4 bullets per pickup.

the lead designer until very recently was a guy named Jules whose whole thing was reacting to individual demands from the community without thinking of long-term of multifactorial effects. One of the side effects of this is that a number of weapons (especially DMRs) are now close to unusable due to low pickup. LMGs now have excellent pickup.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Fun thing about DMRs: Their ammo pickup is based on crudely explained by away by an explicit assumption that you will be 100% accurate, grab every single box and take Ace Ammo Efficiency. (And presumably never kill specials since he never bothered to mention them)

Literally no other gun has been given an explanation that specific, nor would they ever need one.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The best part of the explanation was that pre-nerf, Jules complained that DMRs could generate infinite ammo. And then he goes and makes LMGs *literally* generate infinite ammo. It's almost impossible to not come out ahead using any LMG.

The Little Friend was one of the best, most fun to use weapons they ever added and then Jules had the galaxy brain idea to make it so it averages 0.4 bullets per pickup.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Dec 22, 2019

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Not going to lie, I eventually just modded the global ammo pickup to flatten it to what it was before, never looked back and have never regretted it. I only ever play solo and with friends though, so if you like to play with randoms or whatever that might be a non-starter (not that PD2 would stop you anyway). I seriously laughed when I came back a few months after the difficulty update dropped and saw they nerfed ammo pickup for a bunch of guns but all the guns that already had good ammo economy... got even better pickup.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

UnknownMercenary posted:

The best part of the explanation was that pre-nerf, Jules complained that DMRs could generate infinite ammo. And then he goes and makes LMGs *literally* generate infinite ammo. It's almost impossible to not come out ahead using any LMG.

The Little Friend was one of the best, most fun to use weapons they ever added and then Jules had the galaxy brain idea to make it so it averages 0.4 bullets per pickup.

The thing about the little friend is it’s not an assault rifle with a grenade launcher attached - it’s a grenade launcher with an assault rifle attached. It’s dumb and counterintuitive but you can effectively main the underslung launcher pretty easily.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
It's kind of amazing how Overkill let one specific dude just burn their flagship game to the ground while they burned themselves to the ground

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The thing about the little friend is it’s not an assault rifle with a grenade launcher attached - it’s a grenade launcher with an assault rifle attached. It’s dumb and counterintuitive but you can effectively main the underslung launcher pretty easily.

I'm aware. The rifle part used to have just enough pickup that it had its own playing cycle of "shoot some bullets, grenade a crowd and then you get that ammo back" that became "you will maybe get 1 bullet back for every 5 ammo boxes, this is now just another grenade launcher". God forbid you ever shoot any special units with the rifle part of that gun, even killing some regular cops meant you were now dry.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

The Cheshire Cat posted:

This is true and I still recommend the Little Friend partnered with an UZI. The UZI has enough pickup you can handle regular cops all day , and for snipers the Friend is a DMR, for shields it's a GL. Also of note, it's a "real" GL, and not the Arbiter, so even on higher difficulties the GL can ohko shields, unlike Arbiter's dinky 25mms. The Friend is also a all-in-one solution to turret trucks/attack helicopters/fixed turrets. GL off those shields and then DMR the lens to death. I readily agree other DMRs (really, ARs, pistols and SMGs drat near across the board) should have more pickup though. Particularly when autoshotguns and LMGs get so much ammo. Still, if you're playing with a good Gambler buddy, ammo's not a big concern.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Christmas sale's brought a lot of newcomers. If you play, be a pal and put on team boosts and use maniac or something to make them not fall down as much and to give them that extra cash money :angel:

Also tell them to use the secondary flamethrower

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

It DOES exist:

Apparently from: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...rivate-zoo.html
and
https://imgur.com/gallery/igkmqIl

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

hello friends i was gonna post this update sooner but i've been laid low by the flu

Anarchist card names have changed from Offspring references to Dead Kennedys references. They are, in order:

Card 1: Nazi Punks gently caress Off
Card 2: Dog Bite
Card 3: Cesspools In Eden
Card 4: Life Sentence
Card 5: Dead End
Card 6: I Spy
Card 7: The Great Wall
Card 8: Let's Lynch The Landlord
Card 9: This Could Be Anywhere

Also, at some point I realized that Heavy Weapons being the only weapon type to get a huge damage boost from a T1 skill was a real Jules move, so Heavy Weapons got their gimmick changed from Overkill to Graze (although a severely less powerful version) because Payday 2 is the game for dumb fun guns.

I'm currently in the process of doing the second pass on the Weapon Rebalance Spreadsheet and then will have the Melee Rebalance Document done shortly thereafter, at which point my involvement in Total Crackdown will be spent outside of testing and balancing efforts.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Hello Heisters

We want to inform you about changes to how our safes function, these changes will come into effect sometime next week. Currently, there are 7 safes that aren't in the drop rotation. These safes represent the first safes we released that, at the time of release, required drills to open them.
Due to legal rulings concerning the purchase of digital items, we're going to be making some changes to our safes to make sure we're in compliance with the relevant laws.

So what exactly are we changing?

Today, the only way to get the above-mentioned safes is to go on the Steam marketplace, buy a safe, and then buy a corresponding drill.
Going forward, these safes will be added to the regular rotation of droppable safes (at a low chance), and be openable without a drill. Any safes you may have in your Steam inventory will also be made openable without a drill.
Following that, we're removing the option to buy drills, anyone who has a drill in their inventory will see them replaced with a safe of the same type so a 'Dallas Safe drill' will turn into a 'Dallas Safe'. This will increase the number of skins from those safes in circulation and also make new ones more likely to appear in the future. For those of you thinking “I can buy drills now and get a lot of safes when the change happens” - yes, you could. Keep in mind however, that by the time these changes go live, it’s likely more skins will be put up on the market overall.

In addition to these changes, we are also removing the option to sell and trade safes on the marketplace or between users. You can still buy and trade the skins but you need to open the safe you get in the loot drops first.

What does this mean for me?

If you don’t currently have any safes or drills in your Steam Inventory, you will not notice any immediate changes. The main thing for you to notice is that you have an increased range of safes that can drop during your next loot card drop at the end of a heist.
If you have any safes in your inventory - Your safes will remain in your inventory. The main change is that your safe is now not tradeable, the skins are still marketable as usual.
If you have drills in your inventory- Your drill will be removed from the Inventory the next time you launch the game. Instead you will find a safe of the same type as the drill(s) you had. This safe will function as described above.

When is this change coming to the game?

We will be making these changes sometime next week. The date is still to be determined.
We are still putting together community safes so you will see more awesome skins from our talented skin artists appear from time to time.

The tl;dr:

No more drills, no more unavailable safes and no more safes in the marketplace.
We are making some changes to our safes to ensure that the popo won’t raid us (again). You still have a couple of days to purchase safes and drills with our current system, but after we make the change you can open any safe* without having to purchase a drill.

*The COP safe and drill will remain unchanged.

Keep those helmets flying!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

oh hell yeah more sydney skins

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

As this thread's former resident skin baron, they should have done this ages ago. Better late than never.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Let the skins flow

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

As this thread's former resident skin baron, they should have done this ages ago. Better late than never.
With their need to stay relevant now rather than back when they thought they'd release a better game by now, it's probably for the best that they delayed.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hey I can finally open some of these old safes I've been sitting on for years because I'm fine with paying for content DLC but lootbox microtransactions was always a bridge too far for me.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
If folks still play, I recently got back into it and would like to team up. FastestGunAlive#7015 on discord

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

FastestGunAlive posted:

If folks still play, I recently got back into it and would like to team up. FastestGunAlive#7015 on discord

Come join the goon co-op discord, I'm anticipating some more free time to shootcop, and I know there are some other lingering heisters.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I still haven't tried the new heists and would like to give them a shot.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Saw this on twitter:

https://www.overkillsoftware.com/rk4rih3ryt7ghbeuhjrt38t/

Looks like you'll need to download the audio file, and probably run it through a spectrum analyser, if not something else.

Wonder what it gets you?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Drewjitsu posted:

Saw this on twitter:

Looks like you'll need to download the audio file, and probably run it through a spectrum analyser, if not something else.

Wonder what it gets you?

The name of the audio file is "glhf.wav" - probably "good luck have fun"

Edit: There's also a new DLC on Steam, though it isn't available yet.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1252200/PAYDAY_2_New_DLC/

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 21, 2020

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Drewjitsu posted:

Saw this on twitter:

Wonder what it gets you?

Also:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

There also appears to be some sort of limit on the number of attempts, I just submitted something and got this message:

quote:

Hey! You're just wasting your attempts and jeopardizing the operation!

Not sure if it's a community limit or just a browser cookie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The code is in the specrtogram of the audio file, but I don't think it's working yet, there was a thread on reddit on this