Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I didn't know anything about Best Friends until they showed up at the AEW press conference dressed as Scott Hall's first Nitro appearance, and I was instantly on board. OC was icing on the cake.

Oh poo poo I didn’t see this, that sounds hilarious. Do you have a link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Oh poo poo I didn’t see this, that sounds hilarious. Do you have a link?

it was from the original "we're AEW get ready for double or nothing" press conference

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/StevenCorino/status/1230998953723908097

Invader is here.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's also when Jay shut up about a mole so it would of made sense. They should of made Yoshi-Hashi the mole and redebut him as a best friends knockoff with Kanemaru.

Was Kanemaru also a BC mole in this fanfiction?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nah, it's late, I'm dumb, and Kanemaru is kind of forgettable.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gumball Gumption posted:

You're just begging for a Suntory Surprise

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gumball Gumption posted:

Apologise for this besmirching of one of the most under-rated guys this century

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

No-one's besmirching Chase here.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

No-one's besmirching Chase here.

Chase would have to be rated to be underrated.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Chase would have to be rated to be underrated.

I rate Chase. He's the perfect guy for his role. Respect Chase :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't know, what's his status re: being on the case?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know, what's his status re: being on the case?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I do like him during that period in autumn when everyone in New Japan wakes up and gets really snug and snappy. He does have some fun matches.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I do like him during that period in autumn when everyone in New Japan wakes up and gets really snug and snappy. He does have some fun matches.

I don't know where you live so am not sure if you're referring to Pre or post g1.

But Kanemaru rules year round

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

I don't know where you live so am not sure if you're referring to Pre or post g1.

But Kanemaru rules year round

:wrongcity:
:boston:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ah, the bad hemisphere. Copy that

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Lemme just drop a link here: Kanemaru vs KENTA

It was going to be two links but for the life of me I can't find the 4/12/04 match with Sugiura.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Nyla showing up with some steampunk motor monstrosity and rolling around yelling UNLIMITED POWER

Nyla Rose vs Kris Statlander in a Giant Mechanical Spider match

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

MassRafTer posted:

He left when his contract was up with an offer to re-sign on the table.
To further put it on a timeline, Batista writes about having a 'physical' relationship with Melina in his book, which was published in October 2007, talking about events that had happened the previous year.

It's impossible to disprove that this didn't "hurt" Morrison's push, in the sense that he was never a real main eventer or pushed at a Hogan/Cena level, but it's also incredibly rare for anyone to be pushed at that level. To assume his post-Melina/Batista WWE time was a burial leading to a release, you'd have to assume that everything from the point that he got the John Morrison gimmick onwards (the ECW title run, multile IC title runs, Miz/Morrison/Dirt Sheet, the pre-Kofi Royal Rumble spots, the Morrison/Stratus/Snooki vs. Ziggler/LayCool WM celebrity match, etc) was part of a slow motion burial with plans to release him five years down the line and bully him into pretending he was offered a new contract.

Contrast this with Drew McIntyre: the incident with his then-wife Taryn Terrell was in August 2010. Even then, he won the tag titles with Cody Rhodes a few months later and that big Elimination Chamber match where everyone loved his hossing was six months after "he didn't hit his wife" or whatever killed him in Vince's eyes. Admittedly, by then he'd already been put in the "puppy dog crush on Kelly Kelly who keeps rebuffing him" gimmick, and a couple of months after the Elimination Chamber match he got drafted to Raw, disappeared for a few months, and returned as part of Three Man Band.

There's at least some level of depush that seems to happen in the general timeframe of Drew McIntyre's Insufficient Toxic Masculinity Incident, but basically Morrison's entire singles career happened over the course of five years after his.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 22, 2020

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Counterpoint: What if they make a video game that is basically Clue, but AEW.

Luchasarus is ready to be angry that he's Mr. Green but is actually Professor Plum...

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Asuka went on a blocking spree last night over people trying to defend the preservation of video games through emulation.

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1231090036042428417

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

You can support game creators but also support emulation preservation of games you can no longer buy it doesn't have to be a one or the other situation

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Especially since Actraiser was the thing that sparked it, something that is literally not possible to play legally.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mr. Carlisle posted:

You can support game creators but also support emulation preservation of games you can no longer buy it doesn't have to be a one or the other situation

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1231096174003666944

She takes a pretty clear stance on the entire thing. It feels like she's equating emulation to piracy, which is the same stance Nintendo takes. I do think she is looking at it the wrong way though. I mean she has one of the largest video game collections in the world, having at least 5000 games in 2017, so it would probably be pretty easy for someone like her to think that all games are easily accessible.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 22, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1231096174003666944

She takes a pretty clear stance on the entire thing. It feels like she's equating emulation to piracy, which is the same stance Nintendo takes. I do think she is looking at it the wrong way though. I mean she has one of the largest video game collections in the world, having at least 5000 games in 2017, so it would probably be pretty easy for someone like her to think that all games are easily accessible.

She's a game cop.

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

She's a game cop.

what's the over/under on her doing a police clown thing for her wrestlemania look?

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

njsykora posted:

Especially since Actraiser was the thing that sparked it, something that is literally not possible to play legally.

how can that be?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

She's a game cop.

I think in her case the term is game nazi

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
It's about ethics in video game preservation.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

large_gourd posted:

how can that be?

There's no way to buy it new, or play it through official means outside buying the cart second hand, which the creators get no money from. She's basically doing the "emulation is evil" thing that a lot of private game collectors (especially of older, easily emulated systems like the SNES) do, because they want their collections to be seen as special and unique and hate the idea that someone could just play those same games far easier without spending the ridiculous amount of money they have. Nothing wrong with having a collection (I have a good PS1 collection and seek out complete in box games), but acting like having the games to play on original hardware makes you better or more legit than people who would rather just emulate something like Klonoa without paying £100+ for a copy just makes you a purist rear end in a top hat.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

large_gourd posted:

how can that be?

Well, if you don't have a SNES, or you do and can't find a cartridge, your only other option was the Wii Virtual Console, the storefront of which is now closed. So there currently exists no legal way to play the game on anything but the original hardware

Edit: above post explained it a lot better than I did.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

But also in the grand scheme of things who fuckin' cares if someone emulates something?

Nearly every game I emulate is some old game that you can only buy second hand at ridiculously inflated prices and as was said in a previous post the original creators don't see a dime from that

It has nothing to do with the fabled taking food off the tables of a developer bullshit. And it also may be shocking to her to learn that most game companies are just as bad to their employees as the one she currently works for and those old games she loves so much the developer is probably either shut down, absorbed by another company or everyone that worked on the game has been cycled out or burned out and left the industry.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

People were so worried that she was a nazi, they never thought to consider that she’s a gamer

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

all sports entertainers are bastards

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

People were so worried that she was a nazi, they never thought to consider that she’s a gamer

One and the same really.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

When Asuka used green mist, she cheated not only the match, but herself

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013
I'm wondering how much of her initial Western fanbase came from tape traders, now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Asuka made sure to wear authentic Nazi uniforms so she didn't steal from the original creators.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

When Asuka used green mist, she cheated not only the match, but herself

Does she pay The Great Kabuki royalties every time she uses it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

njsykora posted:

There's no way to buy it new, or play it through official means outside buying the cart second hand, which the creators get no money from. She's basically doing the "emulation is evil" thing that a lot of private game collectors (especially of older, easily emulated systems like the SNES) do, because they want their collections to be seen as special and unique and hate the idea that someone could just play those same games far easier without spending the ridiculous amount of money they have. Nothing wrong with having a collection (I have a good PS1 collection and seek out complete in box games), but acting like having the games to play on original hardware makes you better or more legit than people who would rather just emulate something like Klonoa without paying £100+ for a copy just makes you a purist rear end in a top hat.

oh, right. yeah i mean i agree the 'emulation is amoral' opinion is stupid, but you said there's no way to play it legally and i just thought surely you could just get the old console and a cartridge which i guess is true.

so really there is a legal way to do it, it just doesn't pay anything to the original creators. that's different than there legitimately being no legal way to play something, i doubt there's a game where that is the case.

if you're a collector of anything you're going to be a fetishist, which is fine as long as you remember that your rules only apply to you.