Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

ref00d was updated recently to fix incompatibilities with games using recent-ish firmwares, this is a recommended update even if you're not doing :filez: If you installed ref00d through Autoplugin you can run the updater from it. If you installed ref00d manually you only need to replace keys.bin on ur0:tai. keys.bin file here

SKGleba has developed an app that can let you manipulate your Vita's factory firmware version. There's a low success rate right now, but essentially it means (some) people with slims that have a factory firmware above 3.65 can get a chance to downgrade to either golden firmware. https://github.com/SKGleba/mincg

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

reScreeny, a new plugin that sorts all the screenshots you take into folders by game, instead of the nonsensical default of randomly generated pairs of letters. Should also be available on AutoPlugin, and it's compatible with pngshot.
https://forum.devchroma.nl/index.php/topic,51.0.html

Volume Profile, a plugin that lets you have different volume settings for when you have headphones on and off https://forum.devchroma.nl/index.php/topic,46.0.html

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Ignis posted:

reScreeny, a new plugin that sorts all the screenshots you take into folders by game, instead of the nonsensical default of randomly generated pairs of letters. Should also be available on AutoPlugin, and it's compatible with pngshot.
https://forum.devchroma.nl/index.php/topic,51.0.html

Volume Profile, a plugin that lets you have different volume settings for when you have headphones on and off https://forum.devchroma.nl/index.php/topic,46.0.html

These are great, thanks! And I did not know about AutoPlugin and had been installing plugins manually, like a sucker.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So my goal was to just transfer a few save games back to my vita and make sure that i'd be all set on my newer laptop just in case my overpriced memory card crapped out.

And after fighting for about an hour to get content manager to even loving load on a windows 10 computer, I said gently caress it and went :filez:

You guys have mentioned it before, but for SD2VITA if I have a 3g model, what do I need in order to use the useless modem spot as secondary memory card storage?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://psvsd.henkaku.xyz/

I believe you can't use sd2vita and psvsd at the same time, so just pick whichever you are more comfortable with.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Ignis posted:

I believe you can't use sd2vita and psvsd at the same time, so just pick whichever you are more comfortable with.

Thank you, this answered all of my questions. Much appreciated sir.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ignis posted:

You can but it requires fiddling and there was a battery drain issue the last time I tried it that made me quit and just stick to the PSVSD and keeping the slot free for my handful of physical games without having to fuckass around unmounting/remounting the SD2Vita whenever I wanted to play one, or :filez:ing the games I already own.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I have a thread in SA Mart looking for an original Sony branded Vita 1000 charger, if anyone here has one they're interested in selling:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3915090

GamerMage
Sep 25, 2004
Why does it need to be OEM? I've never had any issue with the cheap ones from Aliexpress.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
There's a known issue with aftermarket chargers failing to charge properly.

For example, the aftermarket one I have now will get the battery up to about 90% before it becomes intermittent. In addition, it cannot send enough current to charge both my Nyko Power Grip and Vita. If I plug the charger into the grip while the Vita is in it, the Vita will (eventually) get to 100% but the grip will never get a green, fully-charged light.

I know it's not an issue with the grip because if I plug the charger into the grip without the Vita in it, it will charge just fine.

E: Walmart of all places had a single official charger in stock online, so I just bought that for $18 :vv:

Annath fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 23, 2020

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Annath posted:

There's a known issue with aftermarket chargers failing to charge properly.

For example, the aftermarket one I have now will get the battery up to about 90% before it becomes intermittent.

Are you sure that's not happening on purpose? Most lithium chargers do this to prevent memory effect. For laptops and whatnot it's usually transparent, it'll tell you it's at 100% when really it's cycling through a constant 5-10% discharge.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Are you sure that's not happening on purpose? Most lithium chargers do this to prevent memory effect. For laptops and whatnot it's usually transparent, it'll tell you it's at 100% when really it's cycling through a constant 5-10% discharge.

It's not really a "memory effect" on Li-chemistry cells, but since heat damages galvanic cells it's normal for them to self-regulate and reduce their charging current to control their temperature (which is most relevant when approaching their full capacity, which is why they intentionally slow down at that point.)

In my experience with Win10, it doesn't lie about being at 100%, it explicitly tells you the device is at "89%, not charging" or whatever when you're running a laptop or similar while connected to the grid long-term. It does that to keep the battery near the sweet spot where it's almost full for when you do unplug it but it's not constantly being held right at capacity where charging applies the most wear to it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack posted:

Fata Morgana is still forty bucks.

lol

Still forty bones. Come on guys, discount games on your dead handheld.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Don't know if this is related to custom firmware, but I'm having issues using the pc store download queue. Nothing's showing up on the Vita itself. Is there some process to get the Vita to check the queue? I'd just rather not download everything by hand on the Vita. I checked that I can access the store, and I'm spoofing the latest firmware 3.73, so it's not that.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Reboot the Vita. I believe it only checks during startup.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
This has been an issue forever. Even with restarting i've seen a perfectly normally configured vita take hours to start downloading things.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Thanks, but yeah, resetting didn't help. (And presumably the whole point of queuing on pc is that you don't have to touch your vita to start downloads)

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

I have a feeling the thing is there so you can enqueue it and have the game the next day. :/

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

It's worked for me if I just open the ps store app, the queue starts up by itself afterwards

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Ignis posted:

It's worked for me if I just open the ps store app, the queue starts up by itself afterwards

Afterwards being how long a period?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Anybody else's Vita not charging to 100%? Gets to the upper 90s and then stops. After replugging in the charger, it stops charging after a short while again. This is the original charger, and a 1000 Vita.

e:apparently battery percentages are a cfw feature (didn't remember), so them acting funky probably isn't something to be overly concerned with

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 5, 2020

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Seems like your Vita is about to be renamed Mortem.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

He's been through a lot.

e:also wow, the queue finally kicked off

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 5, 2020

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Anybody else's Vita not charging to 100%? Gets to the upper 90s and then stops. After replugging in the charger, it stops charging after a short while again. This is the original charger, and a 1000 Vita.

e:apparently battery percentages are a cfw feature (didn't remember), so them acting funky probably isn't something to be overly concerned with

This usually indicates that the battery firmware has detected your battery is getting worn out and can't be charged beyond a certain level anymore.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

This usually indicates that the battery firmware has detected your battery is getting worn out and can't be charged beyond a certain level anymore.

i miss the psp's trivially replaceable battery

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I'm not sure the web download has ever worked for me, and if it has the amount of times it did was very low. Effectively always had to bop into the store and do it from there.

Sometimes, much much later, it'd end up with 2-3 instances of the same download pending or going however. Been assuming it re-downloads, realizes the game is still installed, and just deletes the files. Hopefully there isn't a downloads folder stuffed with forgotten files.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.
I do remember when it worked for me, but it has been at least two years now since it has.
I eventually switched to immediately downloading, with DLC, as soon as it was purchased, then using QCMA to back the fresh install up on to a hard drive. From then after, I never have to download them again, just transfer. Now I have two hard drives, redundant, with each game, with DLC, in a fresh install state, 7zip'd and ready to re-up to the Vita.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Rinkles posted:

i miss the psp's trivially replaceable battery
Do you miss the part where every last one of them ballooned full of hydrogen gas?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Do you miss the part where every last one of them ballooned full of hydrogen gas?

apparently.

mine hasn't, anyway.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

lmao the vita community

reddit posted:

Vita Spotify Support can still happen guys!

Guys, I hope that those of you online, could help.

There's this idea proposal which could mean a Spotify Support for our beloved little console.Even though the chances are low, there is literally nothing to lose if we would try.I was actually surprised by the number of Vita users nowadays, which encouraged me to buy one myself!

With Spotify, it could be much easier to listen to music since the original Music Unlimited app has been discountinued and Playstation Music didn't really work out. Let's gather and vote for this idea on official Spotify Community post! It's from the beggining of the year, and a member of the staff has categorized it as a "New Idea" - now we just need votes for it. There's still a chance...

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
It's utterly depressing reading the psvita reddit. I'm going to check it on a whim in like 5 years and someone will be excitedly posting about a kemco rpg that gets ported to every system and smart refrigerator. Or someone asking if it's too late to get a vita.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It’s been too late to get a Vita since the day it launched

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It’s been too late to get a Vita since the day it launched

boothisman.gif

I haven't turned on my Vita in months, but I hope it gets games for another 5 years.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I've been playing symphony of the night, I'm convinced the Vita is the single best platform with which to do so

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I've been playing symphony of the night, I'm convinced the Vita is the single best platform with which to do so

Like Final Fantasy Tactics, it's actually the mobile version.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

BisterdDave posted:

boothisman.gif

I haven't turned on my Vita in months, but I hope it gets games for another 5 years.

Dont get me wrong, I love the Vita and I wish Sony didnt immediately disavow it the second it didnt topple the DS on release day.

Its Sony thats bad, not the Vita

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Maybe partnering with AT&T for a 3G version sold as a phone that then flooded the secondhand market wasn't a good thing when trying to make NEW sales.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dehry posted:

Maybe partnering with AT&T for a 3G version sold as a phone that then flooded the secondhand market wasn't a good thing when trying to make NEW sales.

The ATT partnership was definitely a mistake. The 3G thing in general seemed like it didn’t have a plan behind it, they just stuck it in there and thought a killer app would emerge. It didn’t, everyone was buying smartphones anyway by then so unsurprisingly nobody wanted to pay extra for the data modem on a game console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Takoluka posted:

Like Final Fantasy Tactics, it's actually the mobile version.

what are you talking about