Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Anyone else just pound back whatever preworkout makes them feel like they're sweating on the inside, without any care for the ingredients?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

1) I'm hoping you weren't just using the RP diet app to cut

2) why not use it to cut? I went from 188 ->180 in my first month and I wasn't even using the most restrictive cut. At least you'd be eating more food

I did use it (RP app) for a cut with RP physique template and it worked pretty well. I'm doing this just to try it out since its 28 days and want to see if its even doable. Only downside for me would be having extra protein powder, plazma, and fish oil laying around and I'll eat all of that up either way.

Helios Grime posted:

Does this take into account of the people's bodyweight? Cause that would put me at roughly a 2000cal deficit.

On a workout day.

Those calorie counts are with the normal diet + 4 day/week exercise routine they recommend. You would need to adjust accordingly. I haven't been doing it that long and train ~1-1.5hr a day (split) so I'm sure there will need to be some additional calories in there. I'm doing 2 workouts a day so it's likely just an additional 450 calories via Plazma. I'm also only going to focus on my kettlebell routine, swimming, and running over the next month.

The reason it interests me is that when I was morbidly obese the diet the doc had me on was a VLCD and I was training 4x a week on that with around 800 calories per day. This seems similar but geared towards retaining lean mass so I figure why not give it a go.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I did the Velocity Diet back in the mid-2000s and got great results from it, but holy poo poo was it miserable. Best of luck.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Dang one legged RDLs are good for getting your hams and butt nicely toasted

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Who the gently caress puts bumper plates on the leg press

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

Just finished my first PL meet. Went 7/9 and totalled 1105ish. I made a really dumb call on third squat and I was half dead by the end of deadlifts but glad I tried it.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Post videos.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah show us your butt lifts

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

VorpalFish posted:

Just finished my first PL meet. Went 7/9 and totalled 1105ish. I made a really dumb call on third squat and I was half dead by the end of deadlifts but glad I tried it.

nice :)

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

I will see if I can find any. I do not know another human being at this meet.

Also I won my division

...of one.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
what were your lifts

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

what were your lifts

Ended up with 369 / 264 / 474 I think, if I'm converting from kg right. My failed attempts were 400 squat and 501 deadlift.

The Squat was real dumb, 390 was probably there. I just wanted the pretty number.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

VorpalFish posted:

Ended up with 369 / 264 / 474 I think, if I'm converting from kg right. My failed attempts were 400 squat and 501 deadlift.

The Squat was real dumb, 390 was probably there. I just wanted the pretty number.

It is good to go 9/9 on a first meet, but at the same time, like Dave Tate says, if you went 9/9 you probably didn't try hard enough. So don't feel bad! I have my 2nd meet coming up in April and I'm absolutely gonna go hard on squats because I usually get quite a lot out of a peak for them, at least I did at my first meet.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

nooneofconsequence posted:

Who the gently caress puts bumper plates on the leg press
The twin of the guy who puts 2.5lb plates on the leg press. One has less shame than the other.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Feb 23, 2020

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Finally felt good enough to try some overhead squats again. After a few sets and with an embarrassing amount of weight on the bar I felt a sharp pain in my neck that quickly radiated out. So that's a new one! I was able to stretch and work it out, mostly, but it's still sore and I'm not looking forward to how it feels in the morning.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Khorne posted:

The twin of the guy who puts 2.5lb plates on the leg press. One has less shame than the other.

Someone had used 2.5lb plates on the angled leg press at my gym. I know because they just left them on the ground by the machine.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

VorpalFish posted:

Also I won my division

...of one.

That's powerlifting.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

There's a reason the powerlifting thread was titled "Everyone gets a trophy"

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'm a 90kg man in the open age bracket, there's never been fewer than 3 people in my class. No trophies for me :(

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Weighed in at my lowest weight in several months this morning

Just rack pulled 405x14, a new best

What a time to be alive

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

I lifted in the 83kg men's open class, so I was expecting at least someone else. But 95% of the people there were lifting equipped, so nope.

Made for a stark contrast since I don't even use a belt.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I started dieting thru the RP App today.
My breakfast today was 250g of 0% greek yogurt, 30g pure peanut butter, 30g of instant oats and a protein shake. I will be consuming what I consider astonishing amounts of protein.
But I have a wedding to go to in Greece at the end of may and I want to drop this spare tire and look awesome so, sacrifices must be made.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

My breakfast today was 250g of 0% greek yogurt, 30g pure peanut butter, 30g of instant oats and a protein shake. I will be consuming what I consider astonishing amounts of protein.
But I have a wedding to go to in Greece at the end of may and I want to drop this spare tire and look awesome so, sacrifices must be made.

You can do it!

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Everyone thinks it's a lot of food in the beginning

Then... :unsmigghh:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

MA-Horus posted:

What's the actual protein number in grams? What's your body weight/ideal body weight all of that jazz? I'm always interested in knowing what people are running so to speak

e-

Fhqwhgads posted:

I imagine it comes back around full circle once you're sufficiently massed. I feel like I just watched a video with Fouad Abiad (edit - yep, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko3wRSPh2Hw ) where he was like "yeah my food tastes good, but I still gotta eat it 6 loving times a day"

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 24, 2020

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Omnikin posted:

What's the actual protein number in grams? What's your body weight/ideal body weight all of that jazz? I'm always interested in knowing what people are running so to speak

It has me varying between 165-180g weighing ~180lbs shooting for 170ish pounds

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Using the local cheap as hell econo-gym while it's too cold to go out to my shed gym is fun. Lots of scrawny university lads, staring wide eyed in wonder as you put their weight on the bar and military press it.

Makes me feel all warm and tingly

(that may just be the pre-workout)

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

RockyB posted:

Using the local cheap as hell econo-gym while it's too cold to go out to my shed gym is fun. Lots of scrawny university lads, staring wide eyed in wonder as you put their weight on the bar and military press it.

Makes me feel all warm and tingly

(that may just be the pre-workout)

My military and bench press are so garbage. I just wanna hit body weight and 1.5x body weight respectively, damnit!

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

Anyone ever get stretch marks after a serious pump? Every once in a while I get these tiger stripe looking stretch marks on my pecs near the armpit and they last for a couple weeks before they go away. I'm not using any kind of preworkout or anything except caffeine.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Jove Tone posted:

Anyone ever get stretch marks after a serious pump? Every once in a while I get these tiger stripe looking stretch marks on my pecs near the armpit and they last for a couple weeks before they go away. I'm not using any kind of preworkout or anything except caffeine.

You may want to get some sort of moisturizer or coconut butter going, that's crazy.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Jove Tone posted:

Are you sure they're not still there, just barely visible?

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

I guess they do kinda stick around and if I look closely I can see them. They are really pale and white(just like me!). Maybe remnants from when I first started lifting years ago?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
They probably just show up better when you are all flushed from working out.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Jove Tone posted:

I guess they do kinda stick around and if I look closely I can see them. They are really pale and white(just like me!). Maybe remnants from when I first started lifting years ago?

My lower back is full of horizontal stretch marks from when I grew from 5'1" to a STATUESQUE 5'8" in a short period of time. They used to be bright pink and extremely itchy. Now they're just really, really light. I've got some on my legs, near my knees. These I think I got from lifting.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
At the end of my current strongman program I have five weeks exactly before a memorial feats of strength gym day thing with friends/family ("celebrating" 5 years without my brother). I want to try to pull a new PB deadlift at a much lower body weight than I was before. What kinda peak can I set up in those 4-5 weeks?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Omnikin posted:

I'm at 220 right now, if I can get around 200 by may 24th I'd be thrilled.

The program has me at about 200g protein per day, which feels like a simply absurd number but I know it's not (it just FEELS like a ton)

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
How does your volume work look like by the end of your strongman training for DL?
You could maybe do something like this (for 5 weeks) I pilfered this together from the Barbell medicine template I'm using right now that peaks for a competition:

Do your accessory work like normal but keep volume low, don't go and do 10 sets of 10 RDL with RPE9.
This is just for your lift that you want to maxout on.

Week 1:
- Try for an easyish single at RPE8
- Do a 4 Rep set from the above estimated 1RM at RP9
- Do some volume work for 2-3 sets with below 5 reps for RPE 7-8.5

Week 2:
Same as above but add 1-2 more sets of volume work

Week 3:
Try for a slightly heavier single, RPE 8.5
2 sets of 5 with 75% e1RM
3 sets of 3 with 85% e1RM

Week 4:
Work up to a single at RPE9
85% e1RM x 3 reps x 1 set
89% e1RM x 2 reps x 1 set
85% e1RM x 3 reps x 2 sets

Week 5:
Drop all accessory work
1 day - 1 rep @ 8, 3 reps @ 85% e1RM
2nd day - work up to your opener i.e. 1 rep@8
Rest until the day you want to do your lift.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Fhqwhgads posted:

When I lived with a roommate & was still around 200, I'd trash my body at the gym then come home & demolish a whole rotisserie chicken along with some steamed veg. He always had this :stare: look on his face afterward lol

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Velocity diet one week review: Brutal as hell but effective. I'm pretty busy during the day so pounding a few protein shakes makes life easier. By the time I get to my post dinner shake I'm pretty much tired of eating until I wake up the next day. I've already dropped 7.5 lbs, which is most likely a lot of water weight. I haven't felt light-headed or low energy (give me another week or two).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Since I can't squat or do anything overhead I've decided to try and rebuild my bench. Doing 6×3 two or three times a weak, going up linearly because... that's what I felt like doing. Also doing paused reps which I only did as an accessory before. Back up to 225 easily. Benching is fun again.