Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Mona also has a 500hp and a 1000hp AOE heal so they're an insanely powerful healer and apparently the best healer until you have Mariel decked out at level 50?

Do note that those dungeons have a sword for Mona (I believe just before the final boss) that boosts his heal to 1500 hp. Takes level 60 to equip but that'll carry you even longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^ I picked up Mona and Joker's weapons already, shame they're level 60.

Fezz posted:

Go get Suzette's manifest weapon from the Spacetime Rift. That will probably swing the meter in her direction.

My team is level 39-40 so it's a bit early for that.

Ryaath
Apr 8, 2003

> Android Gaming: We refuse to use the Another Eden thread no matter if you link it 100 times.

TheBananaKing
Jul 16, 2004

Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world.
Smellrose

Morpheus posted:

Probably this: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8gdqy5/the-punks-of-the-magic-kingdom

Which is pretty much just people being social in ways that other people don't really like.

That's.. that's not at all what that is... :( :gonk:

TheBananaKing fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 9, 2020

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Is there a goon group in Manastrike?

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I've been playing Alto's Odyssey, and it's fun but there's a lack of progression. Are there any similar games that offer a better sense of progress? I remember one that involved a yeti and a seal but I can't remember the name.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

OxMan posted:

Is there a goon group in Manastrike?

I just picked this up today, seems quite fun on the face of it so far.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

me your dad posted:

I've been playing Alto's Odyssey, and it's fun but there's a lack of progression. Are there any similar games that offer a better sense of progress? I remember one that involved a yeti and a seal but I can't remember the name.

Yeah Alto's Odyssey looks nice but the progression stuff was pretty bad so I fell off it quickly. Ski Safari was the one I played a ton of, there was also Dragon, Fly! that I loved but that was a little different and it's been many years so I have no idea if they've done anything with that game in a while.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

So played Manastrike for a couple of days now it's good so far. You get tones of stuff thrown at you all the time. The battles are fun and quick, game looks good as well. Eats bettery a bit but to be expected.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Aramoro posted:

So played Manastrike for a couple of days now it's good so far. You get tones of stuff thrown at you all the time. The battles are fun and quick, game looks good as well. Eats bettery a bit but to be expected.

You should make a thread for it! I'm going to pick it up because MTG doesn't already occupy enough of my life.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

VelociBacon posted:

You should make a thread for it! I'm going to pick it up because MTG doesn't already occupy enough of my life.

I'm an Awful App user which means no making threads on Android.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Aramoro posted:

I'm an Awful App user which means no making threads on Android.

Do you not have a computer? Or a web browser on your phone?

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Yeah if someone makes a Manastrike thread link it here please.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I thought manastrike was super pay to win? Was i mislead?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

fyallm posted:

If its like clash royale then it probably is.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

fyallm posted:

Doesn't seem to be so far. I assume it gets worse as you go up as with any of these games where you need coins to upgrade things. I'm Rank 4 just now and no one seems crazily better than me. Card levels are ,limited per rank so in your Rank there's only so much better than you someone can be.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Has anybody tried that predynastic Egypt game?

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.
Yes, it's fun but not very replayable. Old Kingdom looks like an improvement most ways.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Can anyone recommend Android games similar to Danmaku Unlimited or Aka to Blue?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
So Dragon Quest: Of the Stars is available now on Android (not sure what regions, but it's open in North America it seems). No idea how the game is, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Morpheus posted:

So Dragon Quest: Of the Stars is available now on Android (not sure what regions, but it's open in North America it seems). No idea how the game is, but I'm going to give it a shot.

It runs like rear end.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I have no nostalgia for Dragon Quest. That's a total blind spot in my gaming knowledge (other than a few hours in Dragon Quest Builders). Is this something that would get me into the game?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
This new retro football game is pretty good. You only play offense but mechanics are good and even has management.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.newstargames.retrobowl

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Harminoff posted:

This new retro football game is pretty good. You only play offense but mechanics are good and even has management.

This game is pretty fun so far. Interceptions are extremely common, but the run game is pretty effective so it's not too hard.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

What are some good nonogram/picross games on Google Play? I got 200% on Konami's Pixel Puzzles a couple of days ago and I need another one to play while I'm on the can.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mr Hootington posted:

It runs like rear end.

Yeah, it's laggy as gently caress right now.
It looks alright, seems like it has some of that Dragon Quest charm, but yeah, it's laggy.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

owl_pellet posted:

What are some good nonogram/picross games on Google Play? I got 200% on Konami's Pixel Puzzles a couple of days ago and I need another one to play while I'm on the can.

Happy Cat Picross is one most people like.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

owl_pellet posted:

EasyBrain's Nonogram.com who also makes one of the best Sudoku & Nanogram Katana are the ones I play every day.

Nonogram.com has events (one going right now) all the time where you get a lot of puzzles that get you a trophy or 3. There are also Daily puzzles and pretty much unlimited regular puzzles in various difficulties.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

New Leaf posted:

I have no nostalgia for Dragon Quest. That's a total blind spot in my gaming knowledge (other than a few hours in Dragon Quest Builders). Is this something that would get me into the game?

No, not really. You'd be better off waiting for a sale on the phone ports of 4 or 5.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Trastion posted:

EasyBrain's Nonogram.com who also makes one of the best Sudoku & Nanogram Katana are the ones I play every day.

Nonogram.com has events (one going right now) all the time where you get a lot of puzzles that get you a trophy or 3. There are also Daily puzzles and pretty much unlimited regular puzzles in various difficulties.

Thanks!

hooah posted:

Happy Cat Picross is one most people like.

Do you happen to mean Hungry Cat Picross? I couldn't find Happy Cat Picross.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

owl_pellet posted:

Picross Luna is alright, but those 20x20 puzzles are an eye chart if you're not on a tablet.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

owl_pellet posted:

Thanks!

Do you happen to mean Hungry Cat Picross? I couldn't find Happy Cat Picross.

Yes. Yes, I did.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Harminoff posted:

oh dope posted:

This game is pretty fun so far. Interceptions are extremely common, but the run game is pretty effective so it's not too hard.

This is fun. The full version is only a buck

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I can't stop playing Retro Bowl

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Same, but at times it seems like the game decides that you're just gonna throw interceptions now, and also there is no such concept as "pass interference".

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

owl_pellet posted:

I've been playing Somnus and Two Eyes, they're functionally identical but have different stories. They're pretty good, their only fault is that it'll sometimes mark sections done when the logic doesn't prove it yet, if that makes sense.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I've played some of DQ: Of the Stars, and I'm liking it so far. I'm playing on a Pixel 3, and experiencing no real lag or slowdown. There's a decent amount of depth between the vocations, equipment, and skills. I also like the 'treasure map' system, where you get a list of simple objectives to complete per treasure map, each of which give you a reward and then a bigger reward when you finish the entire thing.

Also one of the characters is a horny grandpa adventurer stuck in a book.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Morpheus posted:

I've played some of DQ: Of the Stars, and I'm liking it so far. I'm playing on a Pixel 3, and experiencing no real lag or slowdown. There's a decent amount of depth between the vocations, equipment, and skills. I also like the 'treasure map' system, where you get a list of simple objectives to complete per treasure map, each of which give you a reward and then a bigger reward when you finish the entire thing.

Also one of the characters is a horny grandpa adventurer stuck in a book.

Yeah, the lag is a common complaint for people who just started, and it's just the 2GB files download running in the background. It goes away very quickly. So far I've managed to pull two metal slime swords and one metal slime bow. You just want metal slime weapons for now, the other banner is pretty trashy so don't pull past the freebie multi. The best metal slime weapons are the boomerang, bow, and sword.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Phyresis posted:

Yeah, the lag is a common complaint for people who just started, and it's just the 2GB files download running in the background. It goes away very quickly. So far I've managed to pull two metal slime swords and one metal slime bow. You just want metal slime weapons for now, the other banner is pretty trashy so don't pull past the freebie multi. The best metal slime weapons are the boomerang, bow, and sword.

Ah that might explain it. I got the game at work so the first thing I did was put it aside and select 'Download All'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I have it completely downloaded on an S10 and it still lag spikes.