Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

euphronius posted:

yeah that really really really broke their minds

I’d just say “knelling is a sign of respect ???” but it would get no where lol

like kneeling is literally respectful hahah
Maybe that's the actual problem they have? Like encountering people who don't drink or smoke and projecting feelings of superiority onto them. For your entire life standing up was enough, now someone's hacked the system, found a way to be even more respectful. If you don't chase them out, you're now the unpatriotic one!

lmao of course it's just dark skin bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Why don't white players join the loving kneel out of solidarity? At least then the hate gets spread out a little. Or would that hijack the message? Now it just feels like African Americans get all this undeserved hate and no one talks about the message anymore. It's all just they kneeled during the anthem abloobloooblooo.

Yeah you dipshit but why?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

An insane mind posted:

Why don't white players join the loving kneel out of solidarity?

Maybe because the white players don't feel solidarity with their black teammates over this?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

many white players did.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
remember when the right lost their mind bc Black President “knelt” to saudi king

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Authoritarian brained shitheads think everyone has a natural place and stepping out of it is “corrupt,” hence going apeshit over a black president or a black man expressing political opinions by kneeling during the flag song. Also why they keep yelling about how trump is giving black people jobs despite most of those jobs being total poo poo. White people cant become a minority fast enough

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i still dont understand how a protest about police violence somehow came to be about "the troops"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

remember when the right lost their mind bc Black President “knelt” to saudi king

It was "bowing" and he nodded his loving head like a normal rear end human being

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Zokari posted:

i still dont understand how a protest about police violence somehow came to be about "the troops"

Cops r trrops

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zokari posted:

flag = Troops

kneeling = disrespect (I have no idea)

kneeling to flag is disrespecting troops

it’s all Orwell levels of double think

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ikanreed posted:

Cops r trrops

they dont or didn’t mostly even know why they were kneeling

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The troops are disproportionately black so who fuckin knows

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The troops are disproportionately black so who fuckin knows

See they hate black people and aren't actually anti racist like you lying libs say

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Zokari posted:

They knew they didn't have an argument and the public was turning against them, so right wing media went into overdrive making it about something else.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

correct

the “respectfully protesting police brutality” true story wasn’t too good so they made it “they are disrespecting the flag!(troops)”

the nfl later admitted it was always about protesting police brutality and eventually ran a super bowl ad which basically said everything that Kaepernick et al were saying. lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Zokari posted:

Easy, police violence doesn't exist and cops and troops are interchangeable.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
As a former troop who hates America, gently caress the troops, but super-gently caress the police

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

They're lizard brained bootlickers

I don't think it actually happened but I like showing them the pictures of Tebow kneeling during the anthem and asking them why they are upset now but weren't then

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Yup, they realized defending cops was harder than defending servicemen.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Also why they keep yelling about how trump is giving black people jobs despite most of those jobs being total poo poo.

Also, the thing where arrogant white customers poo poo on the blacks doing those same lovely jobs and calling them lazy and poo poo. Asking to see the manager at Wendy's, complaining about TSA workers and bitching about missed weeds by their landscapers.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Just realized the hideous newspeak of this term

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

euphronius posted:

and eventually ran a super bowl ad which basically said everything that Kaepernick et al were saying. lol

i was legit stunned when that ad played during the superbowl that they would approve that kind of thing to run. i mean i guess nobody (that i am aware) kneeled any more during the 2019 season (or if they did, they no longer broadcast it) so they figured it wasn't going to rile anybody important up

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
Posting Trump voters realizing they're going to die to Trump voters in here:

Man holds meeting to recruit militia in Redding, crowd insists he's a part of Antifa

"Diggins said he was holding the meeting to get feedback but wouldn't specify on what. He said he wanted to recruit people to join his militia and take back the State of Jefferson.
The meeting lasted about 45 minutes before the crowd accused Diggins of being a part of Antifa.
Diggins says he isn't a part of Antifa and left shortly after the accusations were made. Diggins refused to give his contact information out to anyone and refused to speak to KRCR on-camera.
"

The State of Jefferson btw, is a chud dream where rednecks control northern California and southern Oregon so they don't have to obey those dern antifa lib cities!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zokari posted:

quote:

That the display evokes so much fury and disgust among whites, from the president on down, confirms what was evident 50 years ago. The problem is not how blacks raise their complaints about American society; it’s that they raise them.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/steve-chapman/ct-perspec-whites-nfl-anthem-protests-20170927-story.html

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the thumb is covering it up but lol at "bring everything you own" to the "military simulation" with "ranking perks"

this guy is smooth

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
https://mobile.twitter.com/jdlbrooklyn/status/1232643440363687936

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hope she dies.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Biplane posted:

Hope she dies.

She'll just be another Trevor, put into a hole and forgot about outside of 'hey, remember that idiot that killed herself because she hated Obama?'

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Freaking Crumbum posted:

gen z can be adults now? i thought millennials went from mid 1980s to mid 200Xs.

It should be obvious that a "generation" can't span 25 years, right

How can most people born in 1980 be in the same "generation" as their own kids

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

What worries me is that stories about race based bullying being all the rage these days keeps coming up on the news. Yesterday a work friend was writing a letter to a school sports league because he'd been a game over the weekend where students from the rival school had been making monkey noises at their players. That kind of poo poo wouldn't have happened when I was in high school, mind you I went to public school and not some lovely prep school. Pewdiepie's core demographic reaching adulthood concerns me a bit.

that absolutely happened in the 90s

David Duke, KKK Grand Mage or whatever, came in second in the governor's race in Louisiana

You just didn't watch the news when you were a kid.

One of my good friends went to high school in Buda TX. Their school sports teams were "the Rebels". Their school flag was the Confederate flag. Their mascot was a rebel soldier. Their first black teacher quit because the administration wouldn't do anything about swastika graffiti that kept showing up on his chalkboard.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Zokari posted:

My understanding is that the media (and their controllers) changed what it was about in the public discussion and the original protestors weren't happy about that but the topic would never return.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
In the 80s I hung out with a lot of SHARPs. Skinheads and racists got beat. If we saw a confederate flag on your truck, that poo poo got ripped down and tires slashed. Huge group of 20 of em patrolled downtown with nothing better to do on a Friday night than listen to punk rock and beat up racists. They all moved to Texas because it got pretty thin up in WI. Now they're all dads.

Today we have cars with SS stickers all over them and confederate flags on pickups everywhere.

I miss the 80s.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Philthy posted:

In the 80s I hung out with a lot of SHARPs. Skinheads and racists got beat. If we saw a confederate flag on your truck, that poo poo got ripped down and tires slashed. Huge group of 20 of em patrolled downtown with nothing better to do on a Friday night than listen to punk rock and beat up racists. They all moved to Texas because it got pretty thin up in WI. Now they're all dads.

Today we have cars with SS stickers all over them and confederate flags on pickups everywhere.

I miss the 80s.

Yes I'm sure that the country was almost rid of racist bumper stickers in the 80's.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

VitalSigns posted:

that absolutely happened in the 90s

David Duke, KKK Grand Mage or whatever, came in second in the governor's race in Louisiana

You just didn't watch the news when you were a kid.

One of my good friends went to high school in Buda TX. Their school sports teams were "the Rebels". Their school flag was the Confederate flag. Their mascot was a rebel soldier. Their first black teacher quit because the administration wouldn't do anything about swastika graffiti that kept showing up on his chalkboard.

one of my highschools was a Lee High in louisiana, teams were the Rebels, the school paper was The Rebel Yell, and the mascot was an antebellum gentleman in a linen suit who definitely wasn't a plantation owner wink wink

a lotta that got changed after i graduated, they're the Lee High Patriots now lol

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

one of my highschools was a Lee High in louisiana, teams were the Rebels, the school paper was The Rebel Yell, and the mascot was an antebellum gentleman in a linen suit who definitely wasn't a plantation owner

a lotta that got changed after i graduated, they're the Lee High Patriots now lol

should be called the shermans imo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the Traitors would've been cool

probably would've kept a few dumbasses from trying to fly that drat flag at football games

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Grape posted:

Yes I'm sure that the country was almost rid of racist bumper stickers in the 80's.

nah, just our area

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
two things, noted without comment:

1. the coronavirus appears to be far more deadly for people over 60
https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1233228289445158912

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

two things, noted without comment:

1. the coronavirus appears to be far more deadly for people over 60
https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1233228289445158912

if any cspammer gets corona virus and doesn’t travel to florida they should be banned imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

RIP Grampa, died from The Left