Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1233199514443567104?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1233212031110729729?s=20

god drat

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He’s really fast.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Diva Cupcake posted:

He’s really fast.

Eh, imo 4.22 is fast, anything more gets a participation trophy.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Has anyone else finished under 4.3 official? I expected a bunch this class

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
Who threw today?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Moonlightswami/status/1233225909001424896

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Our new Ted Ginn spotted.

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1233169890669813760?s=20

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 28, 2020

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/USC_Athletics/status/1233223549592068096

Absurd time for how big he is

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Que every Colts fan drooling over Jordan Love right now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm in love with Justin Jefferson but his negative was speed and now welp he won't even be around in the first when we draft. I had hoped he would fall to the second round. He'd be an insane 2/3 with the Chiefs post sammy watkins cut

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

I should be surprised that Reagor "only" ran a 4.47, right? I thought he was a 4.35 type guy.

kiimo posted:

I'm in love with Justin Jefferson but his negative was speed and now welp he won't even be around in the first when we draft. I had hoped he would fall to the second round. He'd be an insane 2/3 with the Chiefs post sammy watkins cut

I actually think he might end up being the best receiver in this draft when all is said and done. He's going to go top 25.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eifert Posting posted:

Eh, imo 4.22 is fast, anything more gets a participation trophy.

Is Jon Ross even on the Bengals anymore?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
With the 45th pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the Tampa Bay buccaneers select...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28796029/punter-michael-turk-steals-show-combine-bench-press

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

kiimo posted:

Jefferson went from being the only good part of a putrid offense to an excellent part of an amazing offense. He's gonna be a star.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Big Jesus posted:

With the 45th pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the Tampa Bay buccaneers select...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28796029/punter-michael-turk-steals-show-combine-bench-press

Strong and hotter than Jimmy G. The complete package.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

Chichevache posted:

What was his hand size?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Goon face blindness surfaces again

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

He looked awesome in the QB drills too, just easily getting under every throw.

Eason was throwing absolute beauties in the sluggos drill I missed his goal line though. Lots of yikes throws today from everyone else.

Professor Funk posted:

I should be surprised that Reagor "only" ran a 4.47, right? I thought he was a 4.35 type guy.

Yeah and that coupled with his really poor showing in the drills might make him drop a bit. I still think he's one of the best WRs in actual game settings in this class though. Just absolutely runs circles around everyone he's up against.

cpranger posted:

Who threw today?

Bigger names were Lewerke, Fromm, Eason, Love, Patterson, Herbert, and Hurts. You can watch a bunch of them here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUqWQNGYGAA. I think Anthony Gordon had a really good combine. Looked the part too. Jordan Love had some deep beauties but his short game is awful. Herbert too. He just has terrible footwork under center. The seven step drops were just completely screwing up a lot of guys today. Hurts had no power out of it and guys were just waiting for his passes.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
All these excellent receiver prospects coming out while we're down to like 3 good qbs

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if brian lewerke gets drafted by any team in any round of this draft im gonna lmao

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

Footwork is one of the few things that can be corrected. Also fades suck.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

cpranger posted:

Footwork is one of the few things that can be corrected. Also fades suck.

I was trying to think the other day whether the Chiefs had thrown a true fade, just like lining up and throwing one with nothing fancy since they drafted Mahomes.

I'm sure it's been attempted, but I can't remember it happening? I'd imagine they must have tried it with Kelce, I just don't remember.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1233210769736687616

Like I said monster athlete even though I have no idea what this stat means. Production mostly wasn't there. Whether you want to blame Derek Dooley like I do or his motor will be up to the teams I suppose.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
After Gesicki I’m good on all athletic freak TEs

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/MattLombardoNFL/status/1233360730210152449?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gettleman is a fraud.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

FizFashizzle posted:

Gettleman is a fraud.

You mean a king

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yes yes. Drafting a DT seems like wise decision after drafting a DT in the 1st last year and as well as trading 2 picks for Leonard Williams.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Weird not having a 1st round pick this year. Minkah Fitzpatrick is just an early gift right?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

if you judge by weight, Gettleman is a top notch drafter.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
First, Gettleman drafts a white QB from Duke, bringing back memories of Dave Brown.

Now, he proposes drafting a guy whose name is almost identical to a lovely tight end from the same era (Derek Brown, the Giants took just before the Jets took Johnny Mitchell in their Draft Blunders video).

Barkley is doomed to being Rodney Hampton of the 2010s.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

D-LINK posted:

Weird not having a 1st round pick this year. Minkah Fitzpatrick is just an early gift right?

Uh yes he looks amazing

Minus his weird attitude problem. Him saying Pittsburgh needs to let him roam just had me floored

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Uh yes he looks amazing

Minus his weird attitude problem. Him saying Pittsburgh needs to let him roam just had me floored

I'm glad he's a Steeler. Just used to using that 1st round pick on a LB every single year

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Uh yes he looks amazing

You can see how his attitude came to be, but its so weird how and when it comes out.

I'm not sure his parents help him in that regard, you never want to see family weighing in on direct football things.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Amy Pole Her posted:

No you’re exactly right! I’m just ribbin ya for pointing out the obvious

I feel you. should've called me captain obvious, just for a fun callback

A BIT disappointed in Ceedee Lamb's 4.50, I really thought he was gonna break well into the 4.4's. He still beat his over/under of 4.54, which I nearly put money on believing him faster than people though.

He also was measured at 6'1", NOT 6'2.5" like he's been listed at, which is a bit disappointing. Dude still reminds me of DeAndre Hopkins and I still believe he's gonna be great but I maybe thought he was a BIT more of a physical freak than he is. He looked good running though, very stable and looked like he could actually run that fast regularly.

Just in general these top receivers are so hard to separate, but I would still put Lamp on top as the best overall guy, with Ruggs and Jeudy right behind them depending on what teams need. I'm tempted to put Ruggs above both because we've seen what pure speed can do, and I think depending on what a team is looking for they might choose Ruggs over anyone else in hopes of getting a Tyreek Hill type.

Denzel Mims brought a ton of attention to himself by running a 4.4 at 6'3", and obviously Justin Jefferson looks a lot better now after these numbers coming out too. Haven't had a chance to watch a lot of it yet though

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yes yes. Drafting a DT seems like wise decision after drafting a DT in the 1st last year and as well as trading 2 picks for Leonard Williams.

We're running a 3-4 and don't have the personnel on the dline for it so going after one more big guy makes sense. What doesn't make sense is we just fired our defensive coordinator who installed the 3-4, don't have any personnel for it outside of Williams and Lawrence, and are going into the draft with those question marks.

Edit: forgot that we have a fake DC this year

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Hopefully he’s the next Gronk/Kittle so we can hear the announcers constantly try to pronounce his last name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1233210769736687616

Like I said monster athlete even though I have no idea what this stat means. Production mostly wasn't there. Whether you want to blame Derek Dooley like I do or his motor will be up to the teams I suppose.

I keep hearing directly from Mizzou fans how much he sucks