Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I clicked on the animal crossing thread and a guy got called out for being toxic because he posted a picture of an Amiibo card he had that was hard to find.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nice. Mind if I post this to the What Should I know Before I Play this Game Wiki?

:shrug: if you think it's useful. I have been avoiding some of the news about the new one so I don't die of overhype so none of what I said may be useful.
Also lol if there is an entry for Animal Crossing

Kongming posted:

Just talk to the loving animals.

Also this

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I clicked on the animal crossing thread and a guy got called out for being toxic because he posted a picture of an Amiibo card he had that was hard to find.

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I made myself sad tonight because I thought of the Analogue Pocket and how it's not out yet and I don't have one right now.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Probably a good entry point. imho the Wii one wasn't that great so the last good ones are all handheld, and while the GCN one is great it is very dated and there have been some QoL improvements over the years and it looks like the new one will have more.

Plus, playing with friends online is unbeatable.

The only thing you have to know is to do whatever you think is fun. It's hard to say what will be present in the new one so far as "shake trees every day until you get two pieces of furniture" or "find the money rock daily, dig the holes so you don't bounce back too far, etc" or "mail villages garbage furniture so they send their priceless stuff to the recycling where you can grab it for free."

In general though, don't stress about your loan, get friendly with villagers you want to keep, and, if this mechanic still exists, make sure you time your shop upgrades for days when you don't need the shop (as the store upgrades, it will go into construction for a day or two which makes it unusable, which makes getting money very hard for a couple days. In New Leaf this was more or less a non issue, ymmv).

Wormskull posted:

Yeah cool op. Don't forget to get the Forlorn Wolf Coat from the Undead Menagerie by killing the ghosts with dark magic and also don't put any points into agility. Uhhh lets see here probably have a few thousand more tips for you to play this single player game that relies heavily on mystery, rofl. Dark Souls is awesome and remember, yes it's hard but actually it's p. Easy.

Wrote on my iPhone 6 whilst taking a poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

American McGay posted:

I made myself sad tonight because I thought of the Analogue Pocket and how it's not out yet and I don't have one right now.

i'm not sad about it but i still would like to play on it as soon as possible

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Probably a good entry point. imho the Wii one wasn't that great so the last good ones are all handheld, and while the GCN one is great it is very dated and there have been some QoL improvements over the years and it looks like the new one will have more.

The only thing you have to know is to do whatever you think is fun. It's hard to say what will be present in the new one so far as "shake trees every day until you get two pieces of furniture" or "find the money rock daily, dig the holes so you don't bounce back too far, etc" or "mail villages garbage furniture so they send their priceless stuff to the recycling where you can grab it for free."

In general though, don't stress about your loan, get friendly with villagers you want to keep, and, if this mechanic still exists, make sure you time your shop upgrades for days when you don't need the shop (as the store upgrades, it will go into construction for a day or two which makes it unusable, which makes getting money very hard for a couple days. In New Leaf this was more or less a non issue, ymmv).

Youre actually forgetting that the way you questions at the beginning of the game determines your build

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

American McGay posted:

Can't wait to put a flash cart in that bad boy and play every handheld game known to gamers illegally

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i watched the AC direct and I can't wait now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

i watched the AC direct and I can't wait now.
It's incredible.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I'm going to build a house. I'm going to put furniture in my house. I'm going to harass the villagers I hate until they leave my island forever and it's going to be epic.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Maybe make them read your posts lmao

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

ArfJason posted:

Maybe make them read your posts lmao

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Can't wait to put a flash cart in that bad boy and play every handheld game known to gamers illegally

It has a microSD slot and will have "jailbroken" firmware just like every other Analog device so you won't even need flash carts if you don't want to use them

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

It has a microSD slot and will have "jailbroken" firmware just like every other Analog device so you won't even need flash carts if you don't want to use them

So I could just put the ROM on the SD card and I'm good to go?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yes also please don't interact with that freak ever again if you value your life.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Clowner posted:

So I could just put the ROM on the SD card and I'm good to go?

heres how it works for the console systems, you drop a new firmware file and some roms on a sd card and youre good to go, theyre built for that but for reasons they keep it under the rug
https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/Super-NT-Jailbreak

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
The Analogue Pocket has been hacked no matter what firmware you’re on :stare:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

AverySpecialfriend posted:

The Analogue Pocket has been hacked no matter what firmware you’re on :stare:
:worship:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Making a new Mario level. It has Boos and FIreballs.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

heres how it works for the console systems, you drop a new firmware file and some roms on a sd card and youre good to go, theyre built for that but for reasons they keep it under the rug
https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/Super-NT-Jailbreak

This owns, thanks

In Training posted:

Making a new Mario level. It has Boos and FIreballs.

This owns, thanks

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

animal crossing hype

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

scary ghost dog posted:

getting excited to landscape my rivers so the island resembles a large swastika

Imagining seeing this in the minimap when I step off the train and well, lets just say I'm glad I'm not drinking chocolate milk right now!

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Ristolaz posted:

Imagining seeing this in the minimap when I step off the train and well, lets just say I'm glad I'm not drinking chocolate milk right now!

but at least that train would be on time

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
need the animal crossing cheat sheet

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
aminal crossing

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
beforeiplay.com / animal crossing

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
why dont you write a loving 3 paragraph post on successfully connecting 2 duplo bricks together too you fucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

First you need to make sure you are in fact using two duplo blocks. This is an important step and where a lot of people might fail because duplo is technically compatible with lego but if you try and combine them on the wrong ends then it might not work. It really depends on the types of blocks.

A two by two block for example (this is two by two in duplo terms, by the way) equates to a four by four lego block in terms of size, but not in total stud count. The difference in stud count is alluded to in the name "duplo." Bear in mind that you may be looking at an old and discontinued lego set called "quatro" where the stud count is half that of a duplo (meaning four times less than regular lego).

To properly "connect 2 duplo bricks together" though the procedure is as simple as ensuring the stud of one brick lines up with the back of another, then proceeding to push one into the other. If you then move one block and the other block follows, you have completed the task successfully.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk, please buy Animal Crossing on March 20th, 2020.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Doing animal crossing iron man

Day 1: immediately take out the max loan with the highest interest. The apple orange exchange available in autumn will pay this month z

Day 2: if pungles the beach owl doesn’t spawn north of town restart

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Hoype for the animal crossing speedrun at AGDQ this year. For multiple reasons, of course.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

First you need to make sure you are in fact using two duplo blocks. This is an important step and where a lot of people might fail because duplo is technically compatible with lego but if you try and combine them on the wrong ends then it might not work. It really depends on the types of blocks.

A two by two block for example (this is two by two in duplo terms, by the way) equates to a four by four lego block in terms of size, but not in total stud count. The difference in stud count is alluded to in the name "duplo." Bear in mind that you may be looking at an old and discontinued lego set called "quatro" where the stud count is half that of a duplo (meaning four times less than regular lego).

To properly "connect 2 duplo bricks together" though the procedure is as simple as ensuring the stud of one brick lines up with the back of another, then proceeding to push one into the other. If you then move one block and the other block follows, you have completed the task successfully.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk, please buy Animal Crossing on March 20th, 2020.
ok ok slow down
which side is the back? they all look the same

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

fair play

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

Hoype for the animal crossing speedrun at AGDQ this year. For multiple reasons, of course.
you're going to crank your hog to it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you're going to crank your hog to it.

Nothing gets past this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

EmmyOk posted:

Doing animal crossing iron man

Day 1: immediately take out the max loan with the highest interest. The apple orange exchange available in autumn will pay this month z

Day 2: if pungles the beach owl doesn’t spawn north of town restart

this mf doesnt know about pungles skip