Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

growing your own produce is cool and good for reasons totally unrelated to the crow fever

im on a roll w/ these snypes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
It is so goddamn hard to not touch my face

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I got an unhealthy 2 year old indoor apartment tomato plant growing by the window and it has its first fruit coming in— a single small green tomato on this long rear end vine. I’m hoping it will feed me through the winter and early spring but I’m a little worried it might not be enough tbqh. .

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Charliegrs posted:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I hope the bat flu takes out those retarded upwards blowing hand dryers that accumulate warm water at the bottom and spray poo poo fcuking everywhere.

font color sea
Jan 23, 2017

Expelliarmus!
The truth is out there.

https://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message4278862/pg1 posted:

Hey everyone, I just thought I'd share some JAPANESE NEWS CLIP of the CORONA VIRUS being reported

Pretty interesting to hear what they're saying...in reverse meow, the HELLFIRE LANGUAGE, which I can TRANSLATE for the ENTIRE WORLD

(Feartardation intensifies)

I have a Japanese/American MacBook with a Japanese keyboard, so, I just made some searches into youtube and got a ton of Japanese news reports and I've sifted through them.

Here is some of what is said in reverse of the clip above:

"TSUGOI; THIS IS DARK ENERGY AT WORK"

"CONTINUE FEEDING THE ALGORITHM"

"MANKIND HAS NO HOPE"

"THE WHOLE SHOW IS OVER."

Also mentioned quite a bit in this file is "THE ARMY" and "ISLAM"

"WE NEED MORE DARK ENERGY"

"WITH DARK SPEECH A NEW ORDER IS BEING ESTABLISHED"

"MOVE ON YOUR BROOM"

"HOVER AROUND"

"HELL WILL BE HORRIBLE FOR YOU"

"THE WHOLE WORLD WILL BE ASTONISHED"

"KEEP GROWING YOUR HAREM"

"THERE'S GOING TO BE ZOMBIES OUTSIDE"

"KURT COBAIN INITIATED EVERYTHING"

"WE'RE HIDING A B--B"

"RAISE ULURU"

"GET TO MST3K"

"BUILD THAT HAREM"

"GIRLS ARE REALLY IMPRESSED WITH YOU"

"YOUR HEAD SHOULD'VE BEEN CRUSHED ALREADY"

"PEOPLE HARDLY GIVE A poo poo"

"SPELL OUT POPPY AND INITIATE WORLD WAR THREE"

font color sea fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Feb 28, 2020

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Charliegrs posted:

I went to reply to this and immediately touched my face without thinking for no identifiable reason

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Edit: Wrong thread. :downs:

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 28, 2020

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Sneak Lemming posted:

Here's the thing, if you stay smug about something that official health experts are warning you should be preparing for, then if it turns out to not be necessary to take precautions you get that satisfaction of knowing you were right. If the virus disrupts your local area and now suddenly you are missing essentials because of a quarantine like prescription meds or toilet paper, well thats just a lovely situation to be in.

Why not take some basic precautions just incase you're wrong. Don't go buying loads of stuff, just prepare for disruption. Then worst case scenario, you look a bit silly in a month or two.

Absolutely, I agree 100%. I even bought a few supplies that will last us for a solid 2 weeks, stuff I use anyway that's canned or with long shelf-life.

Just don't go crazy and exagerate something that is a problem, because you are convinced it's a huge, apocalypse level problem.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

unpacked robinhood posted:

I hope the bat flu takes out those retarded upwards blowing hand dryers that accumulate warm water at the bottom and spray poo poo fcuking everywhere.

Love to stick my clean hands in a narrow compartment so the force from it turning on pushes them into the groady walls.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

font color sea posted:

"GET TO MST3K"

in the not too distant future
next sunday a.d.
there was a little virus
not too different from you or me
it started when a little bat made its way
to the Wuhan Seafood Wholesale Market one sunny day
it found a pangolin with a cheerful face
kissed it on the noggin and it started the first case

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You would need to wait months, especially for potatoes and onions if you're not doing them from old spuds or tubers.
Seems like a lot of effort put up front to start something, but not enough foresight to buy fertilizers.
If he's really starting asparagus from seed, make that years. Even if he bought asparagus starts, it's a spring crop and the first small crop will be next year.

However, I put in saffron crocus last fall and this fall I will be a freaking MILLIONAIRE.
That would be, if every single plant makes it through the summer and flowers, 25 whole stigmas. Whee.

The CDC really, really screwed up making the first batch of coronavirus tests.

quote:

As the highly infectious coronavirus jumped from China to country after country in January and February, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention lost valuable weeks that could have been used to track its possible spread in the United States because it insisted upon devising its own test.

The federal agency shunned the World Health Organization test guidelines used by other countries and set out to create a more complicated test of its own that could identify a range of similar viruses. But when it was sent to labs across the country in the first week of February, it didn’t work as expected. The CDC test correctly identified COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus. But in all but a handful of state labs, it falsely flagged the presence of the other viruses in harmless samples

Gavin Newsom said in a press conference that the entire state of California has 200 test kits.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

EA Sports posted:

is iran just sending sick people everywhere? shits getting ridiculous.

Iran has taken the exact same approach Trump admin has and insisted people carry on with their normal lives and has actually encouraged people to visit and hang out in the city at the center of the outbreak because its a Shia holy site.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

shouldn't have killed all those Muslims, destroyed our nature and eaten all that haram roadkill imo

harsh but fair

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Mordja posted:

Is there anywhere that breaks down mortality rates by, like, decade or something? Not much worried about myself, more for my otherwise completely healthy parents.

MorrisBae posted:

CDC had a chart up sorted by age but I can't find it through a Google search anymore

lol if Pence pulled it

You can google “SARS2 CFR by age group” or similar search string

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

font color sea posted:

The truth is out there.

Hey please do the entire world a favor and never read and definitely never post anything by someone who uses the word "feartardation" ever again.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

mitztronic posted:

Thanks, found what I was looking for.

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

I hope you don’t have a chimney

I will poo poo from it down into your house

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Hey please do the entire world a favor and never read and definitely never post anything by someone who uses the word "feartardation" ever again.

Sounds like something someone feartarded would say. :thunk:

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

mitztronic posted:

Yeah but CDC actually had it on their website

Here's the orginal paper with the same chart:

https://github.com/cmrivers/ncov/blob/master/COVID-19.pdf

ufarn
May 30, 2009
America, wtf are you doing.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1233423437286211585

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

MorrisBae posted:

Yeah but CDC actually had it on their website

Here's the orginal paper with the same chart:

https://github.com/cmrivers/ncov/blob/master/COVID-19.pdf

Yeah, it’s all from the same source. The actual number of scientific sources and papers for this is still pretty low. I wish I had kept track of all of them from this and the CSPAN thread so I could have a list on hand. I thought about it and then didn’t.

I’m curious if the CDC actually removed it from their site lol

I wouldn’t be surprised

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

"TSUGOI: THIS IS DARK ENERGY AT WORK" needs to be the next anime thread title.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Rad-daddio posted:

Sucking the infected sputum out of one lung and into the other lung for safe keeping.

I can actually accomplish the same thing by lightly twisting my nipples as if they were radio dials

Charliegrs posted:

:emptyquote: I'm a perennial face toucher and I really don't think I can stop

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is tremendous content where can I find the original

QuoProQuid posted:

it's almost as though someone completely dismantled all the non-terrorism emergency preparedness bodies in the executive branch, left various public health agencies critically underfunded, refused to appoint multiple cabinet-level and sub-cabinet positions, ignored the advice of the CDC, and delegated response authority to a bunch of dudes who are more concerned about public relations than limiting the spread of a likely pandemic

yeah it's really not looking good as far as Trump's response to all this, but none of us expected anything else

I mean check out these lines from his press conference:

quote:

"We have, through some very good early decisions, decisions that were ridiculed at the beginning, we closed up our borders to flights coming in from certain areas, areas that were hit by the coronavirus and hit pretty hard."

quote:

"A lot of people thought we shouldn't have done it that early, and we did, and it turned out to be a very good thing."

quote:

"We started out by looking at certain things and we've been working with the Hill very, very carefully, very strongly."

quote:

"And again, we've had tremendous success -- tremendous success beyond what people would have thought."

quote:

"One instance where we think we can be -- it's somewhat reliable, it seems to have gotten quite a bit smaller."

quote:

"But we're very, very ready for this, for anything whether it's going to be a breakout of larger proportions or whether or not we're -- you know we're at that very low level."

quote:

"The -- John's Hopkins I guess is a highly respected great place. They did a -- a -- a study, comprehensive. The countries best and worst prepared for an epidemic. And the United States is now -- we're rated number one."

quote:

"Well, I don't think it's inevitable. It probably will. It possibly will. It could be at a very small level or it could be at a larger level."

quote:

"He's very good and I think -- and he's really very expert at the field."

[referring to vice president mike pence, NOT an expert in the field in case anyone is wondering

quote:

"But we've done really an extraordinary job, when you look at a country this size with so many people pouring in, we're the number one in the world for the people coming into a country by far."

quote:

"And again, when you have 15 and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."

quote:

"But we have it so well under control. I mean, we really have done a very good job."

quote:

"When I mentioned the flu, I said -- actually, I asked the various doctors, I said, is this just like flu? Because people die from the flu. And this is very unusual."

quote:

"It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."

quote:

"This is a flu. This is like a flu and this is a much different situation than Ebola."

It's all aggressive backpatting, unrealistic projections and total confusion about the nature of the coronavirus. They have no loving clue whatsoever

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

unpacked robinhood posted:

James Dyson is a treasure how dare you!

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Mozi posted:

next sunday a.d.
there was a little virus

Lol as a person with a MST3K tattoo I very much appreciate this

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Mozi posted:

next sunday a.d.
there was a little virus

:perfect:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Play posted:

I can actually accomplish the same thing by lightly twisting my nipples as if they were radio dials

:emptyquote: I'm a perennial face toucher and I really don't think I can stop

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is tremendous content where can I find the original

yeah it's really not looking good as far as Trump's response to all this, but none of us expected anything else

I mean check out these lines from his press conference:

[referring to vice president mike pence, NOT an expert in the field in case anyone is wondering

It's all aggressive backpatting, unrealistic projections and total confusion about the nature of the coronavirus. They have no loving clue whatsoever

I forget the source, but a headline somewhere noted "Despite reassurances by the White House, information released by the CDC spurs panicked selling on markets"

No, I am gonna go out on a limb and say the so-called reassurances were the culprits. No amount of tax cuts can hide the fact that the President is a moron that only makes things worse.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

trump is going to cancel the election to prevent the spread of coronavirus and of votes against him

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

poverty goat posted:

trump is going to cancel the election to prevent the spread of coronavirus and of votes against him

Somebody think of the poor poll workers!

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

poverty goat posted:

Riot time

Like, massive level riots

"Just stay inside, election's cancelled" and then people getting shot for demonstrating

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I sent your magnificent poem to a friend and she shot back:

Pandemic roll call!
Media! (everything is fine)
White House! (Democrats did it)
CDC (MIA)
Nooooooo!

If you're wondering how you should eat and work
And other real-life facts
Repeat to yourself, you're on your own,
Stock up on the booze and snacks

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

MorrisBae posted:

Riot time

Like, massive level riots

"Just stay inside, election's cancelled" and then people getting shot for demonstrating

I get the feeling you're excited, MorrisBae. That is quite unseemly. Personally I will join the riots and destroy things, but I will hold my nose whilst doing so and bemoan the state of politics in this country that a man has to riot just to be heard

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the election goes on in the midst of a raging coronavirus outbreak in poor urban areas. nobody is willing to staff those polling places so they are closed.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

so, new york city’s dept of health just announced that all the test kits the cdc gave it are defective and unreliable

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/danvergano/coronavirus-test-new-york-cdc

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

its just a flu

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.
Everyone will be dead before the election, friends.

schmug
May 20, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

so, new york city’s dept of health just announced that all the test kits the cdc gave it are defective and unreliable

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/danvergano/coronavirus-test-new-york-cdc

lmao

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I'm supposed to be flying to Verona next weekend. Shall I cancel or nah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Enfys posted:

I went to reply to this and immediately touched my face without thinking for no identifiable reason

I will not stop sticking my fingers in my nose then mouth then nose again for any man, beast or god.