Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
No Country for Old Padawans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Will the High Republic show us how Yoda developed good relations with the Wookies?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

General Dog posted:

Will the High Republic show us how Yoda developed good relations with the Wookies?

Wroshyr tree leaves can be made into an extremely potent hallucinogenic that enhanced one's connection with the Force and the Jedi were quick to monopolize the trade

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Is it still cannon that Chewbacca actually has really long claws like a sloth and wears furry sheaths over them basically all the time?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adam Driver has a new job:

https://imgur.com/gallery/EABGIRS

He gonna die in this one too...

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

General Dog posted:

He's gonna deliver baby Chewie.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

This high republic thing is just them recycling rejected prequel concept art now

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

well why not posted:

Ki ADI Mundi is head of the slut house

You're thinking of Kit Fisto.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
That reminds me, one fun surprise from rewatching Attack Of The Clones recently was the bit where Kit Fisto knocks down C3PO and then knocks down another battle droid on top of him, and then gives this insane goofy grin.

Another good bit was one shot of a battle droid getting hit by reflected blaster fire and staggering, then a super battle droid next to it whacks it down

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I hadn't thought of this before, but I guess Anakin's golden arm draws another line between him and C-3PO, as does the aforementioned stuff in AotC where C-3PO's head is put on another body.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

General Dog posted:

I hadn't thought of this before, but I guess Anakin's golden arm draws another line between him and C-3PO, as does the aforementioned stuff in AotC where C-3PO's head is put on another body.

Die Jedi Die! What am I saying???

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jewmanji posted:

Oh, I'm quite beside myself

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Oh, I'm quite beside myself

This is such a drag.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"For a mechanic, you seem to do an incessant amount of thinking."

"Oh my goodness! Shut me down. Machines building machines. How perverse."

I wonder what they'll do with Threepio once Anthony retires - or what they'll replace him with once they get going with their High Republic setting

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Did they ever say if red-eye threepio's voice was by someone else or was it just tony with effects?

I'm still amazed that they took the gag in ROTJ that threepio literally can't do a thing and made it a plot point lol

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Jewmanji posted:

It's German for "The Jedi, the."

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

He says "Die Jedi dogs"

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
*rubbing temples* ok so... dogs exist in the Star Wars universe?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Well, if otters do...

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

2house2fly posted:

*Ahem* Actually Threepio was shooting at Jedi master D’aug’s who was actually a Tusken Raider who trained under Quinlan Vos, a Quermian ex-bounty hunter who went on to steal the Death Star plans at 4-LOM’s wedding and furthermore

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

2house2fly posted:

Literally one of the main characters

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
Not directly related to anything but I just had a browse of the new Star Wars sub-forum and the thread with the most activity by miles is...the prequel thread.

Prequel chat is eternal, in a 1000 years when humanity is extinct the last thing on the net will be a thread about how racist Jar Jar is or isn't.

The sequel trilogy didn't have a chance of overthrowing those movies in peoples minds. Made, watched and forgotten instantly.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I think the line "there are heroes on both sides" from the episode 3 opening crawl has generated more discussion in the last few weeks than The Rise Of Skywalker in its entirety has in the last few months

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

2house2fly posted:

I think the line "there are heroes on both sides" from the episode 3 opening crawl has generated more discussion in the last few weeks than The Rise Of Skywalker in its entirety has in the last few months

It got me thinking about how episode 3 might be different if Grievous were a little bit less of a dick to his underlings. As is he foreshadows Vader’s behavior in episode 5, but I think it could also have been interesting if Grievous had been the wounded cyborg whose prosthetics actually made him kinder to those around him.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

2house2fly posted:

Dogs, no

Wolfmen, yes

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

garycoleisgod posted:

Not directly related to anything but I just had a browse of the new Star Wars sub-forum and the thread with the most activity by miles is...the prequel thread.

Prequel chat is eternal, in a 1000 years when humanity is extinct the last thing on the net will be a thread about how racist Jar Jar is or isn't.

The sequel trilogy didn't have a chance of overthrowing those movies in peoples minds. Made, watched and forgotten instantly.

Prequel chat dwarfs the OT as well. They’re just more interesting

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

OctoberCountry posted:

Dogs, no

Wolfmen, yes

Dog men,,,, perhaps.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

DeimosRising posted:

Prequel chat dwarfs the OT as well. They’re just more interesting

The prequels were flawed, in many ways significantly, but at their core there was an interesting and timely story George wanted to tell. Meanwhile, the sequels existed purely to make money and tell the same story that had already been told 30 years ago. In terms of things you can discuss and go back-and-forth on, there's really no contest.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I just watched the People Vs. George Lucas and it’s funny seeing people suffering the same psychosis ten years later.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

2house2fly posted:

hmm
who were the heroes and what were the sides?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It’s crazy watching that doc and seeing grown men losing their poo poo over Lucas’ “betrayal” and how they think that just coming up with over the top and vulgar exaggerations of their anger justifies their behavior. I really wish the doc would’ve went into the aftermath of the actions of some of these guys (re: the mental abuse some of the actors suffered from these fanatics).

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

ruddiger posted:

It’s crazy watching that doc and seeing grown men losing their poo poo over Lucas’ “betrayal” and how they think that just coming up with over the top and vulgar exaggerations of their anger justifies their behavior. I really wish the doc would’ve went into the aftermath of the actions of some of these guys (re: the mental abuse some of the actors suffered from these fanatics).

I said in the RSF thread that the prequels have driven people insane and people thought I was being an rear end, granted, I was shitposting, but I genuinely think there is an interesting cultural phenomena that happened with the prequels on a psychological and sociological level. Modern pop culture fandom is hosed up in general, sure, but the reception of the prequels seems unique in how hysterical it's been. Like yeah there are gamergate chuds and so on, but the prequel insanity filtered up to the mainstream in a different way it feels.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

nemesis_hub posted:

I said in the RSF thread that the prequels have driven people insane and people thought I was being an rear end, granted, I was shitposting, but I genuinely think there is an interesting cultural phenomena that happened with the prequels on a psychological and sociological level. Modern pop culture fandom is hosed up in general, sure, but the reception of the prequels seems unique in how hysterical it's been. Like yeah there are gamergate chuds and so on, but the prequel insanity filtered up to the mainstream in a different way it feels.

I think the prequels were mostly a particularly prominent example of what now be described as identifying with a brand.

The 90s Star Wars brand was the Extended Universe, where you bigger, cooler adventures (such as Dash Rendar, the cooler Han Solo, and Thrawn, the cooler Tarkin) and going on bigger, cooler adventures (you thought the Death Star was big poo poo? Well, get a load of the Sun Killer!) and it was all very marketed at pre-teen boys.

Then you have the prequel movies which are not that, not trying to be that, and at times seem to be making fun of that. The protagonists aren't cool and the people who are cool get humiliated or killed or both. And "the films seems to be making fun of these other stories" become "the film seems to be making fun of an audience" becomes "what does George Lucas have against pre-teen boys, such as myself, that he has to mock us?" with any examination of the films as films being filtered through that.

As for why it was especially hysterical, I think that was just a perfect storm of several things: Star Wars being a particularly popular brand, the internet being what it was at the time, the constant vain hope that the next film would come out and finally mollify fan egos, and the sense that the fans were had permission to be angry because there was a media hot take that maybe the films were racist for saying that Grover Monster-but-a-frog was deserving of dignity.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Well, then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRMsLGFJrmE

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

2house2fly posted:

Corellian Hounds

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

So no one actually has to watch that

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Big fan of how that guy spends several minutes building up a big surprise which is also revealed in the title of the video.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I like the idea that exogol palpatine is the real one (shev) and the 1-6 palpatine was a clone/puppet (sheev) better. If you're going dumb go dumb

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ingmar terdman posted:

If you're going dumb go dumb

Disney's mission statement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I keep laughing at how Sequel clones all come pre-aged and hosed up in exactly the same ways as the originals.