Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

GABA ghoul posted:

Saw some lady panic buying three mega packs of toilet paper at Lidl today. :wtc:: seriously, what is it with panic and toilet paper? The shelves are still full of poo poo that is infinitely more valuable and critical and all you can focus on is toilet paper?

Three mega packs? This lady is like a little child, watch this:

https://i.imgur.com/wQFoz4B.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

just wipe your rear end with your hand, and then wash it. it's not that bad, honestly, once you get used to it.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

mike12345 posted:

just wipe your rear end with your hand, and then wash it. it's not that bad, honestly, once you get used to it.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

This clip must be posted now. It is known

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58kRH-CksYo

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

mike12345 posted:

That sounds both dumb and unhygienic, I dunno

On the other hand, our company uses paper so rough it sometimes makes my rear end bleed, so I'd be open to a better solution.

Like, sometimes I'm asking myself if the old Roman method of using soft sponges on a stick wouldn't be better. Of course, regularly washing and rinsing that rear end sponge would probably use more water than the paper method, so it's not exactly a 100% environmentally friendly way of keeping your rear end clean.

Still sounds more appealing then just straight up going Stone Age Central

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

ftfy. Also reminds me of trying to get a Medion PC in ca. 2000 :haw:

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

System Metternich posted:

ftfy. Also reminds me of trying to get a Medion PC in ca. 2000 :haw:

Kinda convenient to be outside the country right now. Happy to serve as the Deutschlandfaden's designated survivor.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
One of the actual useful things running out first here was hand sanitizer so get some while there are still some

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

BabyFur Denny posted:

One of the actual useful things running out first here was hand sanitizer so get some while there are still some

It's time for some business.

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
All these people stocking up on toilet papers aren't thinking ahead. Just buy all fiber-based food so every poop is a ghost poop that needs no toilet paper to begin with, it is so easy

Alternativily, just buy a billion plastic bag to strap to your rear end, both to catch poop and to cover it instead of needing to clean yourself after every toilet visit. You are safe when running water gets shut down too, no need to flush just chuck the bags out the window

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Just got back from the grocery store and man, panic-buyers are legit making me nervous. :ohdear:

Pasta, rice, canned vegetables, soups (canned and dry packets), tomato sauce, frozen dinners were all nearly sold out. Hand sanitizer obviously been gone for awhile, most hand soaps also gone.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Weird, while buying my hamsters I noticed nothing amiss. Is the north just generally much more chill?

Well, if people go full panic, I have more than 14d of supplies at home anyway.

I noticed the local REWE is stocking 1L Danish yogurt again so I hamsterkäuft the gently caress out of it. :dance:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
What’s a Danish yoghurt?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Zwille posted:

What’s a Danish yoghurt?

All white, low fat, no taste.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

The Danes just have dairy figured out. It's yogurt, but objectively better.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Randler posted:

:wrong:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

graphic design is my passion (and absurd facial hair too, by the looks of it)

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Randler posted:

:rolleyes:

Zwille posted:

What’s a Danish yoghurt?
Nothing, what's a Danish yoghurt with you?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Antigravitas posted:

The Danes just have dairy figured out. It's yogurt, but objectively better.

Even small Danish stores have at least 10 different kinds of yoghurt.

0,1%, 0,5%, 1,5% and 3,5% yoghurts and the same amount of A38 acidophilus variants, "tykmælk", ymer, ylette, skyr, as well as organic and flavored versions of each.

And of course multiple variants of Greek/Turkish style yoghurt. And drinking yoghurt.

We really like soured milk products.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

However, Yoghurt is Turkish and the best yoghurt can be bought in hillariously oversized tubs in Eurogida/Bol or some other Turkish supermarket, where you can get so many different fat grades and varieties that you could approximate any continuous function by a linear combination of yoghurt tubs fattage grades.
Indeed, if you do not have a Turkish supermarket of adequate size, you are of course an uncultured swine missing out on the good things in life by living in a garbage city.
Most likely, you also like low quality "blackened" olives in 200g glasses for 5€ a pop instead of getting a months supply of superior, fresh and high quality olives for the same price, or buy little batches of parsley and mint, mostly stalks, in environment unfriendly plastic tubs, instead of having your local Turkish Abi literally hoist a full garden worth of fresh herbage in your shopping cart, and then some more while you aren't looking.

Haramstufe Rot fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Feb 29, 2020

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Welp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zrHs3dv7LQ

/edit:
Of course, she's a holocaust denier :cripes:

https://www.zdf.de/politik/frontal-21/nach-dem-anschlag-in-halle-100.html

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Feb 29, 2020

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Well, then she won't be taking the world by storm, at least not in Germany. She would be arrested and then send back home the minute she left her plane

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Libluini posted:

Well, then she won't be taking the world by storm, at least not in Germany. She would be arrested and then send back home the minute she left her plane

Uh, home is Germany for her.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Watching a new baby ghoul being born into the world. Isn't nature beautiful?

e: now I'm imagining Höcke standing on some hill in Eisenhüttenstadt and holding her up over the desolate hellscape while the Lion King music plays in the background

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Feb 29, 2020

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Libluini posted:

Why would the Verfaschungsschutz turn away one of their kin?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Uh, home is Germany for her.

We don't want criminals here, off with her head!

Antigravitas posted:

Why would the Verfaschungsschutz turn away one of their kin?

The Verfassungsschutz isn't tasked with hunting criminals who openly flaunt our laws, so I don't know why you brought them up?

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Because they're the ones protecting openly criminal Nazis from law enforcement.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

GABA ghoul posted:

e: now I'm imagining Höcke standing on some hill in Eisenhüttenstadt and holding her up over the desolate hellscape while the Lion King music plays in the background

Can someone do the needful?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

/edit: And reply apparently does not equal edit

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Feb 29, 2020

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

/edit:
Well, this certainly isn't the WoT thread

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

https://twitter.com/Lea3199/status/1233760056824487936
https://twitter.com/thorsten_winter/status/1233770915810467840
https://twitter.com/_Stefan_mit_f/status/1233770864967081985
https://twitter.com/rickyschwinn/status/1233760555388874753
https://twitter.com/zePiz_/status/1233762188264968193
https://twitter.com/Mellows98/status/1233765003276247041
https://twitter.com/DomiSchuMuc/status/1233754763944177664

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Randler posted:

Ahhh, oliwan skyr, gotcha

Sereri posted:

Nothing, what's a Danish yoghurt with you?

lol

https://twitter.com/copiis/status/1233413065372241921?s=21

Imagine living several weeks on senseo coffee

Zwille fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Feb 29, 2020

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Is that 300€ worth of Senseo or how did he pay 400€ for Ja! Reis and Economy bags of pasta?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Reporting in from Hamburg, things haven't gotten quite that bad yet, but the canned goods shelf was noticeably depleted, too. Also saw a couple of shoppers with latex gloves, not like those are gonna be too much help.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

"Reporting" from München, absolutely no Prepper-Idiotie whatsoever so far

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

"Reporting" from München, absolutely no Prepper-Idiotie whatsoever so far

People who can afford Munich rents are too rich to ever think a "foreign" disease could affect them. Bavaria just gonna steal whatever they need from the other Länder, as usual.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Nobody in Ulm cares extremely including me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Gonna go for a beer run now, wish me luck! :ohdear: