Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Why is that Bith wasting his time as a jedi?

He should be put there making jizz. Smooth jizz, acid jizz, contemporary jizz, all types of jizz. Get out there and fill everyone's ears with jizz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Jedi are only cool as underdogs in a universe that doesn't believe in the force and barely remembers them. As superhero space cops they're pretty lame.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a book and comic thing (so far) anyway, no TV or movies.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

muscles like this! posted:

The description I read for this made it seem like it isn't a remake and instead will be a continuation of the story while also dealing with the fact that the original place that he haunted no longer exists.

So this is what currently stands at Clybourne and Halstead, at the very north end of the Cabrini-Green area:

It's a big fat mall/luxury apartment complex. Ironically, the Arclight Chicago makes its home there, so people who don't know much about Chicago's history will probably go to see the new Candyman there and either realize halfway through the movie exactly where it's taking place (i.e. literal blocks from where they are) or they won't and they'll continue to live their lives totally clueless. They even filmed in some of the older, no longer habitable rowhouses that are still around.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
maybe he still haunts the area and kills everyone in the mall

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Peanut President posted:

maybe he still haunts the area and kills everyone in the mall

He is forever enslaved to a Sears or a JC Penneys.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Colostomy Bag posted:

He is forever enslaved to a Sears or a JC Penneys.

there's actually a Target on the former site of one of the high-rises so that would be most accurate.

now i really want a scene of Tony Todd in full Candyman getup just ripping poo poo through a Target full of bougie white people

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Gentrification has disrupted the Candyman’s murder sprees. Sad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think that's literally what they're going for in this one.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Spotted in the Things Boomers Like thread.

Bonzo posted:

Coming soon

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1233395726882750465?s=21
:what:

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Live-action Final Fantasy movie looks cool.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Ziggy Stardust: Monster Hunter

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Paul WS Anderson is a hack that somehow made 2 decent movies and a poo poo ton of crap

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dillbag posted:

Paul WS Anderson is a hack that somehow made 2 decent movies and a poo poo ton of crap

What's the second after Event Horizon?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What's the second after Event Horizon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlzzD-:cmon:

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The video appears to be unavailable in America, but I'm going to assume it was a link to the Mortal Kombat theme song.

In addition to that and Event Horizon, I remember liking Soldier well enough.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I haven't seen Mortal Kombat in years but I remember being bored out of mind whenever I wasn't laughing.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

Sir Kodiak posted:

The video appears to be unavailable in America, but I'm going to assume it was a link to the Mortal Kombat theme song.

In addition to that and Event Horizon, I remember liking Soldier well enough.

Soldier was cool

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

Soldier was cool

Resident Evil was fine for its time. I saw soldier in the theater and there was a ton of laughter from the audience at inappropriate times.

MK was bad, I saw that in the theater too. My strongest memory was the laughter when the lights went down and someone stood up and screamed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8V7TwlYCt0

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
That commercial is a pretty good approximation of how hype Mortal Kombat madness was. Christian grandmas were panicking because they thought the game was demonic and would steal your soul ffs. Anyway, the movie blows rear end for anyone watching it who isn't currently a 10-15 year old in the year 1995.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Origami Dali posted:

Anyway, the movie blows rear end for anyone watching it who isn't currently a 10-15 year old in the year 1995 2021.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Does it have the loving theme? Because I'm tired of serious remakes that don't include the :krad: themes.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Don Gato posted:

Does it have the loving theme? Because I'm tired of serious remakes that don't include the :krad: themes.

It fuckin’ better have the theme. All is for naught if it doesn’t.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Things that do not need improving:

The MK logo

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
The unnecessary need to modernize it already has me worried that they're missing MK's appeal is it's a love letter to 70's martial arts shlock.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Marin Karin posted:

The unnecessary need to modernize it already has me worried that they're missing MK's appeal is it's a love letter to 70's martial arts shlock.

10/10 post/username kombo.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Was the Michael Jai White / Jeri Ryan MK webseries any good? I love me some James Lew but I fear I know the answer already.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dillbag posted:

Was the Michael Jai White / Jeri Ryan MK webseries any good? I love me some James Lew but I fear I know the answer already.

I thought it was just that one proof of concept video?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I think after that they produced a cheapo web series that got released on DVD. I tried to watch it, but just found it boring.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

There’s nothing wrong with modernising the logo but this new one sucks. The curves are sloppy and there’s no glowing eye wtf.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

spanky the dolphin posted:

There’s nothing wrong with modernising the logo but this new one sucks. The curves are sloppy and there’s no glowing eye wtf.

The eyes glow but it's subtle.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The MSJ posted:

The eyes glow but it's subtle.

The eyes are literally the least glowing part of the entire dragon

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

I thought it was just that one proof of concept video?

it's called Mortal Kombat Legacy and it got two seasons somehow.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The idea is its a ancient tournament hence the old style logo :v

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It looks like a temporary tattoo you get out of a machine in a grocery store for 50 cents.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Which, to be fair, is basically the Mortal Kombat aesthetic.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Hey I don't even know if that teaser poster is real, (they literally just wrapped filming) I just grabbed whatever came up on google for a semi joke post.

Film is produced by James Wan and the it's the first feature for commercial director Simon McQuoid. Screenplay by a newcomer too but story credits by two MK games series veterans for what ever that is worth. Based on all that? I'd say you have a good chance of getting the original theme in the film.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Origami Dali posted:

That commercial is a pretty good approximation of how hype Mortal Kombat madness was. Christian grandmas were panicking because they thought the game was demonic and would steal your soul ffs. Anyway, the movie blows rear end for anyone watching it who isn't currently a 10-15 year old in the year 1995.

Actually the movie is still good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

Which, to be fair, is basically the Mortal Kombat aesthetic.