Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

EmesiS posted:

I’m excited for the Miles High club, where you get all 4 jackets.

Get your 4 jackets here.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb201603_

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Star Citizen: You could not make this poo poo up (and neither can Chris)

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Same here, i don't care to wait a decade or more if the level of fidelity is acheive, CIG never dissapointed us in the past 8 years so im prety confident, some people just need to put more faith in Chris Roberts.

Own up, which one of you posted this?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dooguk posted:

Same here, i don't care to wait a decade or more if the level of fidelity is acheive, CIG never dissapointed us in the past 8 years so im prety confident, some people just need to put more faith in Chris Roberts.

Own up, which one of you posted this?

Not me! I don't have alts. But its funny.

I'd be tempted to say the way to troll them would be to do this sort of thing, making more and more outrageously fanboyish statements. But then you see there are fans already coming out with comments far crazier than I ever could.

I was literally told the other day that i couldn't have the opinion that SC's graphics aren't unparalleled and that its a fact that no other game beats it for graphics. I mean, by all means hold the opinion that SC's graphics are the best, but when you move into the territory of saying no other game is as good or better, that's downright ret...iculated.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

So Warframe's devs are cancelling their big con for the year or at least postponing it due to outbreak concerns. A whole bunch of game devs are doing this where possible, actually. Guess who's not, so far?
In fairness, the others are game devs.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

They couldn't even make one copy of the jacket and photograph it to put on the store?
:lol:

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"100% polyester"

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHADHASlkfjdtjspeorzfůllj

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Bofast posted:

In fairness, the others are game devs.

In actual fairness, canceling something in October is a bit of an overreaction right now.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

"100% polyester"

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHADHASlkfjdtjspeorzfůllj

It's for immersion, it simulates your chariots electronics malfunctioning as you get mad static shocks all day wearing it

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

UnknownTarget posted:

In actual fairness, canceling something in October is a bit of an overreaction right now.

A good point
edit: it's also more CIG's style to cancel things the day before

Bofast fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 29, 2020

marumaru
May 20, 2013

they're making ~$100 in profit on these.
and that's if they're not buying in bulk and getting a bigger discount.

Megalobster
Aug 31, 2018
"Rise above everyday fashion".

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
In the game he's failing to make Chris Roberts will spend nearly a straight decade personally making sure every single jacket is absolutely wrong.

When it comes to the actual real-world item, he's not involved. That's why they exist.

Still ugly though. They should be advertising them with his contribution: "Chris Roberts: Original Concept"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

colonelwest posted:

Well guys all of this Carrack hype and talk of a white paint job for $25, has finally pushed me over the edge. I am a Star Citizen now. I bought two Carracks, one for me and one for my soon to be Ukrainian wife. Unfortunately the potato harvest on her family farm was bad this year, so she can’t make it to the US for a few more months. But when she gets here, I can’t wait to do some couple’s touring in our matching white Carracks! Really, they were a bargain at only $1250.00. It’s much less than the money I’m sending each month to her via her brother Boris who lives in Russia, and what I’ve been spending on hair plugs, testosterone supplements, and various erectile dysfunction remedies. Anyway I can’t wait to show off all of my girls in the ‘verse! (Carracks and the new wife tehehe!)

I offer financial domination for a low low price, but it may rise as I work with you and help you build a proper level of determination and confidence in your life.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Agony Aunt posted:

When you try and challenge them on some things they will say they voted for it.

Game taking years to release? Voted for it!

Full planets rather than limited landing zones? Voted for it!

They never actually voted for those things.

Some day I'm waiting for the story to change wherein goons and Derek smart flooded the vote over the innocent backers, using subterfuge and lies to force CR to spend untold millions and many years of development because of goons being naughty and abusing a poor, innocent man just trying to make his dream game a reality.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

UnknownTarget posted:

in october we will already live in a postapocalyptic world after the coronaplague of 2020 which erased 80% of the human population.
the only survivors will be the star citizen whales which received "vitamine" pills from chris, during the sales-dinner in germany last year and other star citizen backers (which did not leave their basement all year)

most convention centers are then used to shelter the filthy, huddled masses (a.k.a. Elite Dangerous fans) while star citizen believers are the new rulings class occupying the mansions at the pacific palisades.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

New, lazier, more appropriate version

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
100 years later you will find this entry in the history books:

the coronaplaque of 2020 was a blessing to humanity and formed society as we know today. before the "great stretchgoal of 2020" as we call it today, people were full of FUD and resentment. many people did not believe in chris and behold most did not even know sandi g., our beloved glitch gremlin.

this is why 80% of humans were punished so that only the faithful may remain. before the "great server wipe", as we call it today, humanity was in a state of tier-0. animal-like distrustful cheapskates. a civilization in decay. people not willing to spend more then 20$ on a bomber jacket, in other words: a bunch of freeloaders.

but the plague brough justice to them and only the generous raised from the apocalypse. and so was the plan: chris himself was protected by 12 shell companies, an impenetrable clutter even for this virus.

also he immunized his biggest followers during the "great whale supper" in frankfurt germany in 2019. he did so by alternatingly coughing on their potatoes and also by handing out wonderpills disguised as vitemine supplements.

the remaining backers were advised to not leave their basement for 5 years (except if they needed to visit their bank for extending their credit cards), an order which they accepted without objection.

[and now i am too lazy to think about a conclusion of this fud-fiction :D]

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 29, 2020

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Deskelletonizaton

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Bumble He posted:

100 years later you will find this entry in the history books:

the coronaplaque of 2020 was a blessing to humanity and formed society as we know today. before the great "stretchgoal of 2020" as we call it today, people were full of FUD and resentment. many people did not believe in chris and behold most did not even know sandi g., our beloved glitch gremlin.

this is why 80% of humans were punished so that only the faithful may remain. before the "great server wipe", as we call it today, humanity was in a state of tier-0. animal-like distrustful cheapskates. a civilization in decay. people not willing to spend more then 20$ on a bomber jacket, in other words: a bunch of freeloaders.

but the plague brough justice to them and only the generous raised from the apocalypse. and so was the plan: chris himself was protected by 12 shell companies, an impenetrable clutter even for this virus.

also he immunized his greatest followers during the "great whale supper" in frankfurt germany in 2019. he did so by alternatingly coughing on their potatoes and also by handing out wonderpills disguised as vitemine supplements.

the remaining backers were advised to not leave their basement for 5 years (except if they needed to visit their bank for extending their credit cards), an order which they accepted without objection.

[and now i am too lazy to think about a conclusion of this fud-fiction :D]

Pretty sure this concludes with the founding of the first Stimpire.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Ruled by God Chris Emperor, on his Throne Of Lies.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

trucutru posted:

New, lazier, more appropriate version

It's already perfect, yet the bear edition would be the definitive one I think.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bumble He posted:

in october we will already live in a postapocalyptic world after the coronaplague of 2020 which erased 80% of the human population.
the only survivors will be the star citizen whales which received "vitamine" pills from chris, during the sales-dinner in germany last year and other star citizen backers (which did not leave their basement all year)

most convention centers are then used to shelter the filthy, huddled masses (a.k.a. Elite Dangerous fans) while star citizen believers are the new rulings class occupying the mansions at the pacific palisades.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

colonelwest posted:

Well guys all of this Carrack hype and talk of a white paint job for $25, has finally pushed me over the edge. I am a Star Citizen now. I bought two Carracks, one for me and one for my soon to be Ukrainian wife. Unfortunately the potato harvest on her family farm was bad this year, so she can’t make it to the US for a few more months. But when she gets here, I can’t wait to do some couple’s touring in our matching white Carracks! Really, they were a bargain at only $1250.00. It’s much less than the money I’m sending each month to her via her brother Boris who lives in Russia, and what I’ve been spending on hair plugs, testosterone supplements, and various erectile dysfunction remedies. Anyway I can’t wait to show off all of my girls in the ‘verse! (Carracks and the new wife tehehe!)

My grandfather's 3rd wife was a mail-order bride. She actually made him happy, took care of him pretty drat well, and built herself a good career. So unlike Star Citizen, there's actually some chance you get what you're paying for with a mail-order bride. God drat is this game a scam.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

K8.0 posted:

My grandfather's 3rd wife was a mail-order bride. She actually made him happy, took care of him pretty drat well, and built herself a good career. So unlike Star Citizen, there's actually some chance you get what you're paying for with a mail-order bride. God drat is this game a scam.

That's incredible. Star Citizen is life's only guaranteed scam, like all things Chris Roberts does. No wonder every publisher on the planet laughed him out of their offices.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

The Titanic posted:

You made the mistake of mentioning lunch. When you do these meetings just before lunch you will never end at lunch. The boss will always say "I know we're running over, if anybody needs to leave you can." And nobody leaves or says anything and the meeting continues until the end of lunch, where you have another meeting already scheduled so you just miss lunch. :)

I feel the benefit of my actual "boss" being in another city and even then our meetings with him are extraordinarily rare.

LUV to pay one hundred and twelve real dollars for 100% polyester

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Kikas posted:

Ruled by God Chris Emperor, on his Throne Of Lies.

I would like to see the photoshop of him and this or one of the alternate covers.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

:reddit::
Relatively new backer, but my choice back when this or Shroud of the Avatar came out was to go with Shroud of the Avatar. I followed the development of this game and if Shroud has shipped when they originally had intended, I would have kicked into this even earlier than I did, but it didn't.

So, I just kept following the development of this game and once it reached a point where it seemed like momentum had been achieved and something "playable" was there. I bought a package and was immediately... disappointed.

Took a 3 year, trying to play this game, break and instead just followed it as a back burner interest, until 3.8.1 and... Man, it was finally hitting the itches that I thought it was going to hit 3 years earlier.

I have gone in to this, fully knowing what I am funding and what my funding means. So, even if they slip on dates, but continue to march forward, as they have this past 3 years... I will gladly toss them a few hundred a year.

Continued...

It released, it's fun, but I don't see myself constantly playing the game as much as I do and as long as I will, in this game.

I did spend WAY to much in that game.

Probably should sell my account and all the goodies while the selling is still good and... since the money is already gone... just throw it into this one. LOL

At least it would bring me up to Concierge.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:reddit: Open development can be harsh but please remember that Star Citizen is trying to achieve much more than any other game and that the Developers who work on it are passionate people that are trying their best to finish it. Let's be more supportive so that their passion will only grow.

Top comments:

:colbert: We have been more than supportive, we just want transparency.

:raise: We can be supportive and critical at the same time.

:mad: I don't question their passion and their ability to pull this off. It's the lack of good communication that I have an issue with.

:nono: Which doesnt mean they are right always, lets keep the honest criticism on, so they can keep excelence.

:nyd: It's gonna be a no from me, dawg. The issue isn't really with the working developer anyway. It's with their leadership. And I'm not for supporting them, until they can lead their people into practical results. Sure, they've made some amazing and cool poo poo, but as a consumer, I still have no meaningful change in gameplay mechanics after 7 years. We have ships with specific jobs they can't perform, equipped with stations with no meaningful functions. I'd be fine with the pace of jobs if they trickled out a bit more, but we still don't have proper cargo. So if they're going to keep building them game in this way, then they need to do a much better job in managing expectations. A roadmap doesn't let you just be hands off with your community.

:phone: All we want is communication what the hell is with sq42 roadmap.

:v: Let's be supportive! What is the next ship? $ 400? $ 500? $ 600? buy it! Vote negative for any comment that does not agree with the way CIG acts! Let's make them invisible! Everything is going well!

:what: One thing is having passion, the other is delivering what you have promised after getting millions of dollars. You must deliver the game some day.

:rant: I already give them 3000 of my support... Now I would like to see them stop smiling at cameras, making cool videos and shows. Isn't it enough support ?... how much more support I have to give them to have playable state of the game? And don't go on me with APLHA, how I don't understand the development and have patience... I've been through all those white knights. It's the same song over and over every quarter. I want to see a playable APHA state of the game.

:argh: It is sickening how this post absurdly implies that the criticism's intention is to attack those individuals personally and their passion! Criticism is vital for success.

:gary:

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Big budget game development is not about passion. It's about management. Criticism is not going to make a competent manager incompetent.

Citizens are so loving stupid.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Where's that long haired dude, Brian Cambers is it?

Anyway they aren't smiling, they're laughing at ya!

E: How smug does Lando look?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
[quote="Quavers" post="502892335"]

/quote]

A rare sighting of the now extinct Toastius gullibilium

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Quavers posted:

:reddit: Open development can be harsh but please remember that Star Citizen is trying to achieve much more than any other game ...

It really isn't though, it's a really ambitious attempt to combine lots of different games into a super simulation. Ultimately it still has to exist in the realm of games, there still have to be the structures and experiences we expect from real actual games we buy and play. There is no game there and people have been convinced this is a good thing and will eventually result in a thing which is "game" elevated to the next level. There is obviously no evidence such a thing is coming and in fact all of the actual evidence reveals that Star Citizen contains 0% of a game and maybe 25% of whatever bullshit it's trying to be.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

colonelwest posted:

I have the vivid image in my mind of a Citizen dying decades from now while waiting for the game to release, and being entombed in their SC themed basement sim-pit, as an aged group of a dozen of their surviving org mates gather at Olisar and play taps over the in-game voice channel. One of them turns on FOIP to try to display their emotional anguish, and is instantly deskeletonized as the server crashes.

In a Cayman Islands luxury retirement community, 95 year old Chris Roberts is about to breathe his last. A snow globe containing a model of an Idris falls out of his hand, breaking on the ground as he whispers his last word “fidelity”.

The next day, Lando breaks the news via Skype from a LA IHOP were he went to catch the senior early bird special. The one dev still working on the game from his college dorm room, switches the game’s version from Alpha 43.5 to Beta 1.0 (Chris Roberts Memorial Release).

Star Citizen goes on to have its best funding year yet, even though CIG now only accepts cash mailed directly to a PO Box in Switzerland. Sandi uses the money to get another round of plastic surgery, so she can audition for the part of a 29 year old struggling actress, co-starting in a direct to video re-make of The Perception, with a washed-up Jacob Tremblay fresh out rehab for the fourth time.

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:

Quavers posted:

:reddit: Open development can be harsh but please remember that Star Citizen is trying to achieve much more than any other game and that the Developers who work on it are passionate people that are trying their best to finish it. Let's be more supportive so that their passion will only grow.

Top comments:

:colbert: We have been more than supportive, we just want transparency.

:raise: We can be supportive and critical at the same time.

:mad: I don't question their passion and their ability to pull this off. It's the lack of good communication that I have an issue with.

:nono: Which doesnt mean they are right always, lets keep the honest criticism on, so they can keep excelence.

:nyd: It's gonna be a no from me, dawg. The issue isn't really with the working developer anyway. It's with their leadership. And I'm not for supporting them, until they can lead their people into practical results. Sure, they've made some amazing and cool poo poo, but as a consumer, I still have no meaningful change in gameplay mechanics after 7 years. We have ships with specific jobs they can't perform, equipped with stations with no meaningful functions. I'd be fine with the pace of jobs if they trickled out a bit more, but we still don't have proper cargo. So if they're going to keep building them game in this way, then they need to do a much better job in managing expectations. A roadmap doesn't let you just be hands off with your community.

:phone: All we want is communication what the hell is with sq42 roadmap.

:v: Let's be supportive! What is the next ship? $ 400? $ 500? $ 600? buy it! Vote negative for any comment that does not agree with the way CIG acts! Let's make them invisible! Everything is going well!

:what: One thing is having passion, the other is delivering what you have promised after getting millions of dollars. You must deliver the game some day.

:rant: I already give them 3000 of my support... Now I would like to see them stop smiling at cameras, making cool videos and shows. Isn't it enough support ?... how much more support I have to give them to have playable state of the game? And don't go on me with APLHA, how I don't understand the development and have patience... I've been through all those white knights. It's the same song over and over every quarter. I want to see a playable APHA state of the game.

:argh: It is sickening how this post absurdly implies that the criticism's intention is to attack those individuals personally and their passion! Criticism is vital for success.

:gary:

This many people and all there is to show for is the buggy mess called Chris' ModStar Citizen. The amount of waste and mismanagement really is a sight to behold. Well, at least Chris' could play movie director once again.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Baby persistence seems to be having a tantrum.

Some guys are losing creds, some losing stuff. And at least one guy is just alternating...

quote:

Was there a reset over night?

So yesterday when I logged into 3.8.2 live, i had 0 uec but all my personal gear and ship items I bought such as mining heads. Today I logged in and had the money I earned from yesterday but not missing all my personal gear and mining heads....this persistence thing doesnt seem to be working.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

[quote="Quavers" post="502892335"]

/quote]

A rare sighting of the now extinct Toastius gullibilium

unless this is a very rascist joke, that's not toast/moma

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dementropy posted:

:reddit::
Relatively new backer, but my choice back when this or Shroud of the Avatar came out was to go with Shroud of the Avatar. I followed the development of this game and if Shroud has shipped when they originally had intended, I would have kicked into this even earlier than I did, but it didn't.

So, I just kept following the development of this game and once it reached a point where it seemed like momentum had been achieved and something "playable" was there. I bought a package and was immediately... disappointed.

Took a 3 year, trying to play this game, break and instead just followed it as a back burner interest, until 3.8.1 and... Man, it was finally hitting the itches that I thought it was going to hit 3 years earlier.

I have gone in to this, fully knowing what I am funding and what my funding means. So, even if they slip on dates, but continue to march forward, as they have this past 3 years... I will gladly toss them a few hundred a year.

Continued...

It released, it's fun, but I don't see myself constantly playing the game as much as I do and as long as I will, in this game.

I did spend WAY to much in that game.

Probably should sell my account and all the goodies while the selling is still good and... since the money is already gone... just throw it into this one. LOL

At least it would bring me up to Concierge.

Oh my, giving yourself the choice of either SC or SotA... this guy knows how to pick them!

And sounds like he didn't learn his lesson with SotA.

There's no helping some people.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Agony Aunt posted:

Oh my, giving yourself the choice of either SC or SotA... this guy knows how to pick them!

And sounds like he didn't learn his lesson with SotA.

There's no helping some people.

Suckers and their money and all that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
I'm just visiting from the addiction/recovery thread to make myself feel better. What's Clifford in for now?