Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is any of you want to record yourself let's playing the demo, I would love to watch it. I can't touch my PS4 until Friday and will be dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

RC Cola posted:

Is any of you want to record yourself let's playing the demo, I would love to watch it. I can't touch my PS4 until Friday and will be dying

Well this thread took a grim turn.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

WaltherFeng posted:

Well this thread took a grim turn.

They're gonna be

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Holy poo poo they’re releasing this in episodes ?

I paid no attention to it but assumed it was just a full game remake coming out

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I think that was partly my issue too i tried to do every sidequest and got burnt out

Whenever I try to play ff8 again I end up bogged down in Triple Triad and just burn out

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
If you go into punisher mode and just hold guard, Cloud will automatically parry and riposte any physical attack. Poor doggies enter stagger immediately (on classic, so on easy. Need to test it on normal). I forgot to do this to the shock troopers at the end, so Ill give it a try tonight.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Pennfalath posted:

If you go into punisher mode and just hold guard, Cloud will automatically parry and riposte any physical attack. Poor doggies enter stagger immediately (on classic, so on easy. Need to test it on normal). I forgot to do this to the shock troopers at the end, so Ill give it a try tonight.

You can do it on the shock troopers, yes

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

oswald ownenstein posted:

Holy poo poo they’re releasing this in episodes ?

I paid no attention to it but assumed it was just a full game remake coming out

I'm not sure it was confirmed, but it was heavily implied that Episode 1 is going to be Midgar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM1AVPc496o&t=593s

When you get to the end of midgar in the original, it really does feel like an ending.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Sneak Lemming posted:

I'm not sure it was confirmed, but it was heavily implied that Episode 1 is going to be Midgar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM1AVPc496o&t=593s

When you get to the end of midgar in the original, it really does feel like an ending.

There’s some footage that looks like its from Junion, so they might go as far as the first Jenova boss

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

There’s some footage that looks like its from Junion, so they might go as far as the first Jenova boss

Do you have a link or screenshot? I feel like it would be shocking if Episode One went beyond Midgar

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

There’s some footage that looks like its from Junion, so they might go as far as the first Jxxxxx boss

That's probably going to be a boss in the Shinra Tower.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

They have said repeatedly that this game only covers Midgar.

https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/news/final-fantasy-vii-remake-developers

But yes, there is a Jenova boss in this game.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nomura says game is completed, no more delays.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadget posted:

They have said repeatedly that this game only covers Midgar.

https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/news/final-fantasy-vii-remake-developers

But yes, there is a Jenova boss in this game.

But what if it doesn’t

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

Ignore me, I misremembered something I saw in a trailer

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The environment outside is more like Advent Children's desert than the green of FF7 listening to previewers speaking about what they saw (and were permitted to speak about) so it ought to be a to-be-wrecked part of Midgar.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!
Are there any indications that you get something for completing the demo? The positive reactions of people in the thread are good enough to put my mind at ease, so I was going to skip the demo and just wait for the full release so that I can play from start to finish. But I don't usually pass up clear bonuses if they are available.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Isn't the new mod launcher for FF7 PC supposed to be launching tomorrow that is supposedly going to make modding the game a million times better?

Psycho Knight posted:

Are there any indications that you get something for completing the demo? The positive reactions of people in the thread are good enough to put my mind at ease, so I was going to skip the demo and just wait for the full release so that I can play from start to finish. But I don't usually pass up clear bonuses if they are available.

I read somewhere you get a PS4 theme when the game comes out if you played the demo. I'm not sure, though.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

GoGoGadget posted:

I read somewhere you get a PS4 theme when the game comes out if you played the demo. I'm not sure, though.

Eh, that wouldn't be incentive if that's what it is. I already have the FFVII dynamic theme with the music and sound effects. Unless a new theme tops that then I'm not particularly interested. Good to know though, thanks.

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop
I'm a nostalgia ridden nerd with my state tax return coming in. Looks like I'm picking up a PS4 later on today to get this demo.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, according to reddit, you'll get a dynamic theme.

Also, there are apparently Moogle Medals you can find, and finding them all unlocks the Deep Dive - Final Fantasy VII Remake movie.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFVIIRemake/comments/fccf5x/anyone_else_got_this_whats_this_for/

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Ignore me, I misremembered something I saw in a trailer

I mean its definitely possible that Jenova is in the game after all...

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Psycho Knight posted:

Eh, that wouldn't be incentive if that's what it is. I already have the FFVII dynamic theme with the music and sound effects. Unless a new theme tops that then I'm not particularly interested. Good to know though, thanks.

How do you get the FFVII dynamic theme with the music and sound effects?

Edit: Is that the one for buying the original FF7 for the PS4?

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 2, 2020

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

Sneak Lemming posted:

I mean its definitely possible that Jenova is in the game after all...

Jenova deff will be in some capacity but I was misremembering something from a trailer and thinking it was the Bottomswell fight just before Junion but I think it was Leviathan

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

RC Cola posted:

How do you get the FFVII dynamic theme with the music and sound effects?

Edit: Is that the one for buying the original FF7 for the PS4?

Yes. I'm talking about the Midgar theme from 2016.

The only other theme I've seen that I would replace it with would be the Tifa theme, but I think that's limited only to the US. I haven't seen any Crunch bars on display with advertising or anything on them. I really want that one, because I love Tifa, but I don't think I can get any codes here in Canada.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Jenova deff will be in some capacity but I was misremembering something from a trailer and thinking it was the Bottomswell fight just before Junion but I think it was Leviathan

We've seen several summons right? I'm pretty sure I've spotted Shiva. That would indicate that summons will be in Midgar, and not spread out like in FF7. The Chocobos at the farm better still do a dance though.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Just finished the demo, pretty solid overall. The combat is a bit too 'busy' for my taste, though. Not helped by controls feeling a bit sluggish either.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Forget Aerith & Tifa, after this demo I'm in love with Jessie.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I cant believe they’ve deliberately done this to me on the first day of a week away from home

I can't play until Saturday and I'm more sad than expected

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 2, 2020

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I cant believe Nomura is going to personally come to everyone's house and hand-deliver the final game to us.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I can't believe Nomura is going to turn back the clock to 1997 so we're all 12 and our biggest worry in life is math homework.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Jessie is adorable in this game and I'm sure her giant thirstyness for Cloud will turn out just fine. Nothing can go wrong

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Jessie is unfathomably horny for Cloud and I'm here for it

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

Jessie is adorable in this game and I'm sure her giant thirstyness for Cloud will turn out just fine. Nothing can go wrong

triple sulk posted:

Jessie is unfathomably horny for Cloud and I'm here for it

Jessie will be just fine in this game. I'm betting she doesn't die.

In an episodic game, killing her would be a big deal after giving her more development and would significantly diminish the 'surprise' of Aeris's death in later episodes.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Do we have to spoiler speculation?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You can save Jessie or Barret but not both.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
How does the combat stack up to FF15, which I hated.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

Everyone dies at the tower except Wedge who takes over for the rest of the game

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

fishing with the fam posted:

How does the combat stack up to FF15, which I hated.

It's better, but I kept accidentally opening the command menu and the triangle modes feel weird. Not sure about the effectiveness of dodging. Could just take a few hours to get used to. I want to go back and try classic mode but it sucks that it's pegged to easy difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm extremely happy to hear the demo is good 🙂