Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

RBX posted:

After stage 30 you get Hercule statues. Don't waste your stamina on doing EZAs again right now. When you need to do them again by then you should know what your doing. Right now just focus on awakening stuff and grinding through story mode for stones and learning teams.

Goddamnit I can't believe there was a bug where after 30 he didn't do super attacks, and it was just patched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

gently caress.
I'm on 30 of the Vegito Blue EZA, but I can't loving beat it.

Extreme STR, even the Time Traveler ones eat a minimum of 50k off of a normal attack, and forget about the non Travelers. I'm lucky if they only take 70k per normal hit, which he gets to chain 4 of no matter where I organize people.

I tried changing to a Time Travelers team, but, I don't have a bunch of Extreme ones or a solid lead to bring them all together, so I tried Fat Buu, LR Vegito Blue, Rose Black, Zamasu, Roid Trunks and SSJ Future Trunks with the Goku Black Time Travelers lead as a friend, but, other than LR Vegito being tanky as hell, I couldn't get through that way either.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

the_steve posted:

I tried changing to a Time Travelers team, but, I don't have a bunch of Extreme ones or a solid lead to bring them all together, so I tried Fat Buu, LR Vegito Blue, Rose Black, Zamasu, Roid Trunks and SSJ Future Trunks with the Goku Black Time Travelers lead as a friend, but, other than LR Vegito being tanky as hell, I couldn't get through that way either.

You've got the basis of a functional team there, I also used Fat Buu, LR Vegito Blue, Rose Black and Zamasu. Leader is the trickiest part. I'm assuming you don't have LR Trunks/Mai? Try picking them as a friendleader instead of Goku black. They won't do a ton of damage, but they're the type you want (instead of the weakest type), and vegito blue is a future saga enemy so Trunks/Mai will get a shitload of dodges from their passive.

edit: If you have STR Perfect Cell and EZA'd him at least far enough to change his leader skill, he gives 3 ki and 120% stats to ALL STR, so that could be a stopgap leader for you? He's also a time traveler too.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 26, 2020

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

if you have the transforming teq trunks i imagine he'd do pretty well

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CidGregor posted:

This is like the 5th or 6th time they've run Hercule's heart pounding gifts and I have never once gotten ultra super lucky, and here you get it as a newbie, loving hell.

I just got another one. :v:

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Evil Fluffy posted:

I just got another one. :v:

Luckily for you I've gotten it twice in the last week, so I guess complaining has paid off. :toot:

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

the_steve posted:

gently caress.
I'm on 30 of the Vegito Blue EZA, but I can't loving beat it.

Extreme STR, even the Time Traveler ones eat a minimum of 50k off of a normal attack, and forget about the non Travelers. I'm lucky if they only take 70k per normal hit, which he gets to chain 4 of no matter where I organize people.

I went with int Goku Black, str Rose Black, str Zamasu, teq Fusion Zamasu, str EZA Perfect Cell, and the LR Vegito Blue. Usually with the Trunks/Mai friend. It wasn't the most ideal but it still worked surprisingly well enough to clear 30 on the first try.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I don't have the STR Perfect Cell, which is disappointing because the Friend ones I brought along definitely carried their weight and then some.

And yeah, no LR Trunks/Mai for me.

As far as STR Time Travelers go, it's: SS2 Bardock, LR Vegito Blue, SS2 Trunks (A Meaningful Strike), A non-Dokkan'd SS Future Trunks (Hour of Ordeal), Roid Trunks, a non-Dokkan'd Goku Blue (Indomitable Battle Lust), Zamasu, Rose Black, That event Bojack who I never dokkan'd up, Fat Buu, and an unleveled/undokkan'd Beat.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm already fielding the best I've got on that front unless I dokkan someone.

Update: Dokkan'd the SS2 Trunks, ran with the LR Trunks/Mai friends, died a couple more times from unfortunate Vegito placements, but finally managed to squeak out the last win. 100% EZA

With that being done, how does he stack up against his TEQ counterpart (2 HP routes unlocked) as far as usefulness as part of a team? Is TEQ still the superior choice? Or is PHY the better of the two now?

the_steve fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Feb 27, 2020

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

the_steve posted:

I don't have the STR Perfect Cell, which is disappointing because the Friend ones I brought along definitely carried their weight and then some.

And yeah, no LR Trunks/Mai for me.

As far as STR Time Travelers go, it's: SS2 Bardock, LR Vegito Blue, SS2 Trunks (A Meaningful Strike), A non-Dokkan'd SS Future Trunks (Hour of Ordeal), Roid Trunks, a non-Dokkan'd Goku Blue (Indomitable Battle Lust), Zamasu, Rose Black, That event Bojack who I never dokkan'd up, Fat Buu, and an unleveled/undokkan'd Beat.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm already fielding the best I've got on that front unless I dokkan someone.

Update: Dokkan'd the SS2 Trunks, ran with the LR Trunks/Mai friends, died a couple more times from unfortunate Vegito placements, but finally managed to squeak out the last win. 100% EZA

With that being done, how does he stack up against his TEQ counterpart (2 HP routes unlocked) as far as usefulness as part of a team? Is TEQ still the superior choice? Or is PHY the better of the two now?

With equal HP unlocks the PHY one is vastly superior in basically every situation.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Wuxi posted:

With equal HP unlocks the PHY one is vastly superior in basically every situation.

Oh poo poo, I didn't realize he got that much of a boost. Nice. Guess I need to tweak my RoG and Potara teams.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

teq vb is going to be better if the fight lasts longer than 5 turns

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Aurora posted:

teq vb is going to be better if the fight lasts longer than 5 turns
TEQ VB beats PHY in defense after 10 turns and in damage after 12 turns, which never happens besides the LGE, where the last boss is INT.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Wuxi posted:

TEQ VB beats PHY in defense after 10 turns and in damage after 12 turns, which never happens besides the LGE, where the last boss is INT.

TEQ VB's attack stacks a lot faster than THAT, doesn't it? I mean, with both his passive stacking on every one of his bonus attacks that'll cap out 150% attack in five turns minimum, as well as his SA's infinite stacking? TEQ probably puts out better damage after 4-5 turns. His defense grows a whole lot slower though, yeah, and has no damage reduction, so PHY VB is gonna be almost universally better on defense.

(off topic but goddamn your avatar makes me uncomfortable, keep thinking that cat's head is about to get crushed and I get all sad.)

e: I guess if you go by TOTAL turns and not just his own turns, I guess it's closer to 10, but still.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 27, 2020

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

TEQ VB needs 7 turns on average to max out his passive and, most importantly, doesnt beat PHY VB with just his full passive, he still needs a number of SA stacks too.

Counter attacks are crazy.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Wuxi posted:

TEQ VB needs 7 turns on average to max out his passive and, most importantly, doesnt beat PHY VB with just his full passive, he still needs a number of SA stacks too.

Counter attacks are crazy.

Oh, right, I forgot to factor in the counterattacks. Yeah, with that, PHY VB's total damage output probably outpaces TEQ for a lot longer.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Plus PHY VB just destroys TEQ VB in his stats at the Rainbow level.

TEQ VB:

HP: 17,095
ATK: 17,108
DEF: 9,743

PHY VB:

HP: 18 061
ATK: 19,137
DEF: 10,194

That's over 2,000 more attack PLUS all the counters

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
His counters are unbelievable now. I have a rainbow PHY Vegito and seeing nearly 1mil in counter damage is completely bonkers. On his own he's carving through the Beerus EZA.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDJ8wvYi3sI

I didn't know INT Vegeta and Gohan supports got a Dokkan and brought mono teams back.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Finally beat that stupid rear end in a top hat Goku in his stupid legendary event

Android/Cell saga team with LR Int Cell, Str Cell EZA, Future Lead PHY Gohan, the recent F2P future 17 and 18 and LR 16,17,18 and LR Int Cell friendo.

Rotations,

LR Cell/Str Cell
F2P Androids
Floating LR Cell, Androids and Gohan

The F2P androids were essential in keeping damage to a minimum, TEQ 17 still held his own in the final stage which was quite surprising, but getting those two into the same rotation early was the big helper. Very happy with those cards.

LR Cell gave me a full heal at the AGL phase and became super perfect, the rotation with str and two LR cells was always super heavy hitting with those links behaving perfectly. STR EZA Cell is phenomenal, his defense is unreal and with 6 ki the man just hammers constantly. Tremendous backbone to the team.

Gohan with 2 dupes could defend quite well once he got his super off, his def is not to be understated, with items the STR phase was pretty ok.

STR and INT phase is pure dildos with his dodging and generally being a high health pool rear end in a top hat. With about 3000hp remaining I got a transform with LR Androids, dokkan attack all and finished the event with 16 exploding Goku for 3 million damage which felt so loving righteous.

RIP 16, you finally got your with :unsmith: With the tickets I got Supreme Warrior Awakened AGL Goku. The first Goku SSR. Which I finally have all paths unlocked. Now I can look forward to his EZA and running a 12ki 115% super, mad lad.

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 2, 2020

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Looks like we're finally getting another World Tournament. The last one was all the way back in early December, it'll be nice to have it around again.

For our resident newbie, hope you have that INT Raditz fully built up. I think you mentioned pulling the PHY LR Cell too? Basically you want a team with your best attack-all characters ready. Also I know you haven't been summoning much but by any chance in the few pulls you made, did you get any copies of TEQ Jaco or INT Chiaotzu? They're also MVPs for world tournaments because they each do a guaranteed team-wide stun the first time they come up in rotation, but as SR characters that don't awaken it's easy for new players to overlook/trash them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
No idea, maybe? If I did I might’ve used them as xp fodder without noticing though...

Raditz is evolved and max skill level at least. I haven’t worked on cell much since I don’t think I have a team he’d work on. Do leaders just not exist in tournaments or is he worth it regardless?

E: just checked, the SRs haven’t been used as fodder some were traded for points. I have teq Jaco, no chaotzu.

I also have a STR bardock who gives 30% atk to all allies when over 30% hp. That sounds extremely handy.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 2, 2020

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
in WT you take your leader, and pick a friend who's leaderskill doesn't activate, so mostly you end up taking another all attacker (LR Broly) your leaderskill supports.

phy LR cell is really good for WT because he gives himself a bunch of ki based on the number of enemies, and you're mostly fighting teams of 7, so even though he's only starting at +3 or +4 ki it's pretty easy to get his 11-17 off.

You don't really need an attack support for WT, since unless you're going for like, 30x enemies and type disadvantage, other people's team members don't have that much HP.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
In World Tournaments, you're always fighting against teams of seven enemies, so attack-all supers are highly prized. INT Raditz can one-shot entire enemy teams up to about the 20x difficulty level and can wipe all non-PHY characters at 25x, and the Brolys can crush whole teams at max difficulty. And at the highest difficulty levels you die after taking only one or two super attacks, so you want to either dispose of the enemies quickly or have powerful group stunners (like Jaco) to keep them from attacking. Preferably both.

In general, for leader skills and support characters, people usually prefer ki-boosting abilities over attack-boosting abilities. An attack-boosted normal attack won't hit as hard as an unboosted super, so extra ki will usually benefit the team more by making it easier to consistently dish out supers without being quite so dependent on orbs.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

WT is the worst thing the game makes you do and sucks your soul out of your body until you come out on the other side

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
threw 50 stones at the banner, super vegito brought me a cooler

i mean it was an AGL metal cooler but it was still a cooler!

e: i'm nowhere close to ready to do this ezarea, i need to clear so many stages of the story events

and the pilaf trove 20 pull ticket got me the str cooler, so that's cool

LibrarianCroaker fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Mar 2, 2020

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

RBX posted:

WT is the worst thing the game makes you do and sucks your soul out of your body until you come out on the other side

Until you get the perfect setup and just sleep walk to 30mil points

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, my first multi was a ZENO animation, into the new Cooler of course! Did NOT expect that

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

First multi was goku black rift with four flyers. Str Cooler, new Thouser, and some vegeta.

First time I saw a rift and it came at a good time

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Wuxi posted:

Until you get the perfect setup and just sleep walk to 30mil points

doesn't make prelims not suck rear end

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

WTs kinda bum me out since I know I'm never going to place well on the rankings.
I mean, gently caress, even if there weren't a shitload of bots and cheaters, how the hell are you supposed to compete in that without spending dozens/hundreds of stones on stamina refreshes?

Also yeah, gently caress the prelims. Especially when there's only like 2 rounds left and the AI wants to play keepaway from you.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

In World Tournaments, you're always fighting against teams of seven enemies, so attack-all supers are highly prized. INT Raditz can one-shot entire enemy teams up to about the 20x difficulty level and can wipe all non-PHY characters at 25x, and the Brolys can crush whole teams at max difficulty. And at the highest difficulty levels you die after taking only one or two super attacks, so you want to either dispose of the enemies quickly or have powerful group stunners (like Jaco) to keep them from attacking. Preferably both.

In general, for leader skills and support characters, people usually prefer ki-boosting abilities over attack-boosting abilities. An attack-boosted normal attack won't hit as hard as an unboosted super, so extra ki will usually benefit the team more by making it easier to consistently dish out supers without being quite so dependent on orbs.

So at a bare minimum I should run Jaco, Cell, and Raditz, with probably LR Goku as a leader for Raditz and also a "delete that guy" single target nuke? I'll have to see if I have any leads who can boost ki for everyone. I think Future Gohan from the recently ended event does but if he needs medals to upgrade I'm SOL there.

Aurora posted:

doesn't make prelims not suck rear end

...wait. Is World Tournament just Dokkan Battle's take on Unite and Fight in Granblue? :stonk:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

...wait. Is World Tournament just Dokkan Battle's take on Unite and Fight in Granblue? :stonk:

Yes and no. Yes, it is you against others in a ranked battle however you have nobody to answer to like Granblue's crew vs crew element.

If you get all of the milestone prizes and not worry about the rank-related prizes, nobody is rankshaming you but yourself.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

So when does the new God Goku get added to the legendary goku summon tickets pool, if at all? I've kinda been hoarding them in the hope that'll happen, comsidering LR SS3 Goku's in the pool. I mean I lucked out summoning him anyway but no reason not to wait til more LRs are in the mix at least, right?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

CidGregor posted:

So when does the new God Goku get added to the legendary goku summon tickets pool, if at all? I've kinda been hoarding them in the hope that'll happen, comsidering LR SS3 Goku's in the pool. I mean I lucked out summoning him anyway but no reason not to wait til more LRs are in the mix at least, right?

He still isn't added in JP

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So are there ever any sort of FP summon events or should I just burn the 90k I've built up so far? I assume there are periodic events like most games with fp mechanics.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

So are there ever any sort of FP summon events or should I just burn the 90k I've built up so far? I assume there are periodic events like most games with fp mechanics.

There are three f2p LRs that come from FPs. Hercule, 17 and 18, and Saiyaman 1 and 2.

Summon until you have 24 copies of each.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

nah, all that really happens is the occasional refresh of the FP summon pool

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Evil Fluffy posted:

They tried this once with Sleepy Kais, I think, but the percentages were bollocks.

Give us zeni events on FP summons and I'll be all over it.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
3rd anniversary had like, bonus kais, training items, and medals or something when you did summons, but yeah the rates for the kais were terrible. and I don't think they've done it since.

gimme a guaranteed ssr hercule statue and let me skip summon animations and i'll dump all my fp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So I realized that u actually have enough Red Coins to buy something.

Is that Super Saiyan lead Goku worth having? Either as a Leader or as an addition to a different team?