Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

DryGoods posted:

no matter who gets the most votes tomorrow, the real winner is Democracy

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/02/texas-polling-sites-closures-voting

quote:

A Guardian analysis based on that report confirms what many activists have suspected: the places where the black and Latinx population is growing by the largest numbers have experienced the vast majority of the state’s poll site closures.

The analysis finds that the 50 counties that gained the most Black and Latinx residents between 2012 and 2018 closed 542 polling sites, compared to just 34 closures in the 50 counties that have gained the fewest black and Latinx residents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bethamphetamine posted:

If you begin with the assumption that the democrats are controlled opposition and that the donor class is in lockstep with conservative economic principles, you may conclude that the primary election process is working as intended.

yeah that is my conclusion as well

tragic

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

euphronius posted:

who did the NYT endors
again ?

Trilm

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

they have to know stealing the nom from bernie at the convention guarantees a trump win ?

succ dems do not give a fuuuuck about winning

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

Elephanthead posted:

Bernie should run third party.

I'm not allowed at parties anymore. My dream of meeting Berbie and playfully ruffling his hair would forever be out of reach.

e: typo but i kinda like it

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

I dunno I got faith that Bernie will get the nomination on the first ballot no problem because he’ll have such a delegate lead he can’t be stopped (trump in 2015 for example). If he can’t beat Biden in a blow out, I’m not sure he has any chance against trump.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Number... gone? Problem solved!

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
These weirdos are all fawning over the Centrist Voltron forming

https://twitter.com/covfefemalt45/status/1234562497098633217?s=20

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

deathbysnusnu posted:

I dunno I got faith that Bernie will get the nomination on the first ballot no problem because he’ll have such a delegate lead he can’t be stopped (trump in 2015 for example). If he can’t beat Biden in a blow out, I’m not sure he has any chance against trump.

If it's close at all after tomorrow, Bernie will get hosed at the Convention because I can't remember the last time the DNC passed on a chance to publicly trip over their own dicks

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

WarMECH posted:

biden and the media acting like one of the most reliably republican states in the country will somehow win the democratic nomination

biden has won one state in 3 attempts at running for predisent and its a gop stronghold lol

it blew my mind when i saw how much higher turnout was for the SC dem primary was back in 2008 (~530,000) versus 2016 (~370,000)

and obama still lost SC in the general, in both 2008 and 2012

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

In 2016 he said he'd endorse whoever won the Nevada caucus, I wonder what changed :thunk:

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

Ragequit posted:

succ dems do not give a fuuuuck about winning

They seem more actively terrified of achieving any kind of victory. Waking in a cold sweat from dreams of showers of ticker tape and accomplishment.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i feel like its better for bernie to lose the primary than to lose the general

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

has anyone said Klob mogged yet?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

deathbysnusnu posted:

If Bernie can’t notch a majority of delegates against Biden solo we have a lot to worry about regardless of backroom deals.

Yea, we're in a lot of trouble. Is that news to anyone?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Bernie's campaign probably assumed that the dems would drag this bullshit out as long as possible so hopefully they have invested a lot in getting big turnouts in the the big states tomorrow. Ole robinette has like no money and is cruising on name recognition alone. Bernie won iowa, a blasted garbagescape of reactionary idiots. Bernie is gonna win the gently caress out of this election!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Bethamphetamine posted:

lol that there is a zombie horde of former Hillary staffers out there ready to kill every democratic presumed-frontrunner's campaign by working for them.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JHVH-1 posted:

These weirdos are all fawning over the Centrist Voltron forming

https://twitter.com/covfefemalt45/status/1234562497098633217?s=20

same

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Kamala! We need you now, more than ever!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

To whoever is putting poo poo in my rear end: cut it out. I already cleaned out all the poo poo that was in there yesterday and what do i find when I wake up. More poo poo. Cut it out. Grow up

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Basebf555 posted:

Yea, we're in a lot of trouble. Is that news to anyone?
lol most people on SA think sanders is just going to steamroll all opposition and they've staked their entire will to live on this outcome. read the primary focused threads

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

How funny would it be if all the dorks dropped out and biden fuggin died

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DryGoods posted:

Kamala! We need you now, more than ever!

K-hive for life

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

That DICK! posted:

I already voted for Bernie but coronavirus is my second

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
trmo

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

Warren will 100000% endorse Biden

Thought she didn't like Biden very much, though.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Contested Democratic Convention

every candidate who dropped out rappels onto the stage expecting to secure the 2nd round vote

Battle Royale

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
TRIMP

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Lord of Pie posted:

I already voted for Bernie but coronavirus is my second

+1 for one hundred billion of my round boys

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

That DICK! posted:

To whoever is putting poo poo in my rear end: cut it out. I already cleaned out all the poo poo that was in there yesterday and what do i find when I wake up. More poo poo. Cut it out. Grow up

Lmao. I love running smack bang into posts like these that make me giggle and snort in public places. God bless you cspam and poster That DICK!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

That DICK! posted:

his brain is basically dripping out of his ears

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Gripweed posted:

lmao this is what people are freaking out about? That the stock market fell back to where it was June last year? Oh no, this is the lowest the stock market has been in 9 months! I swear, every week this thread has a new reason to believe the world is ending.

the autodidact epidemiologists have discovered that coronavirus is going to kill every single person in the world and whoever is left over gets to do rojava-mad max. 100% going to happen.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

m m m mmmy corona!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

james lipton died rip

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

god has ignored each and everyone of my prayers for world annhilatuon

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

That DICK! posted:

Many such cases!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

triple sulk posted:

james lipton died rip

I guess the only iced tea he will be drinking, will be in hell!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

triple sulk posted:

james lipton died rip

Rip inventor of tea

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/andrewboxford/status/1234513441718620162?s=20

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1234568817285779456