Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They modernized the Mortal Kombat theme for the MK11 release trailer, so better hope they use that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Gripweed posted:

It looks like a temporary tattoo you get out of a machine in a grocery store for 50 cents.
Tattoo Assassins movie looking good.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

this is a fanmade one

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

FoneBone posted:

this is a fanmade one

Yeah not surprised, they only just finished shooting.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Lizard Combatant posted:

Yeah not surprised, they only just finished shooting.

i really don't think you need to finish shooting to make a teaser poster, especially for a movie that's coming out in less than 11 months

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Poster? Apocalypto had a trailer before the movie was even cast.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

DC Murderverse posted:

i really don't think you need to finish shooting to make a teaser poster, especially for a movie that's coming out in less than 11 months

No I guess you don't, but allow me to rephrase: I'm not surprised since it was the only thing on google images for a film with zero official marketing presence that's being dumped in January now instead of March. I'd say they wanted to see what had before investing anything in marketing.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Baron von Eevl posted:

Poster? Apocalypto had a trailer before the movie was even cast.

A good one too if I recall correctly

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, it had cameos by Waldo and Mr. "The Jews Control Everything" himself!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Nevar 4 get

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

A Mortal Kombat movie wouldn't be the same without the malign influence of super-producer Lawrence "Foodfight!" Kasanoff.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I really like this new one for horror film Blood Quantum.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
that's an unfortunate name

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

flatluigi posted:

that's an unfortunate name

It plays directly into the plot of the film. It's about a zombie outbreak where a community of Indigenous people is immune, and they have to decide whether to provide shelter to people from outside that community.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I get what you're going for, but....

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
It's so... bad.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

No Power Glove, how am I supposed to play with Power, 0/10

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I dig that Blacksploitation/70s Kung Fu impact font.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DrVenkman posted:

I dig that Blacksploitation/70s Kung Fu impact font.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

This guy makes old-timey Japanese-style posters for recent movies

https://twitter.com/UMAI_ONIKU_TARO/status/1218888547635064838?s=19

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Negostrike posted:

This guy makes old-timey Japanese-style posters for recent movies

https://twitter.com/UMAI_ONIKU_TARO/status/1218888547635064838?s=19

Every single one of these is excellent

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/scottEweinberg/status/1235660421840998401?s=20

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

That Logo is so so so so so much better than that neon trash logo they used for the Nu52/Movie. I could never figure out why they even settled on that design compared to the original.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They were trying to react to the 'imagine if Snyder's DCU films had color' backlash that followed BvS. The trailer company cut something that seemed like it was full of color and charm and off-kilter comedy and then they were in the poo poo when the public ended up loving the style and the movie wasn't shot that way.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Look who has his own parking spot in my town. Also he is not very good at parking.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Mar 6, 2020

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

The MSJ posted:

Look who has his own parking spot in my town. Also he is not very good at parking.

They even got him blasting peaches, good attention to detail.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Hey thread, help me out. Which country was it that would rename all American comedies to a variation of a theme? Like everything would become Sexy Bus or Sexy Party, something like that.

Am I imagining this? Like Denmark maybe?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Something weird's going on with the secondary person being obscured in these Jungle Cruise character posters.

Also check out how low res Blunt is on Johnson's poster.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 11, 2020

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Something weird's going on with the secondary person being obscured in these Jungle Cruise character posters.

Also check out how low res Blunt is on Johnson's poster.

it's a good joke. there are also different trailers which make one or the other look like the star.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, it's actually very clever, making their presumable one-upsmanship in the film getting meta in the advertising.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Thought it might've been some odd contractual thing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Joke would work better if it seemed as though the characters were trying to block the other. Because it seems like it's the work of the actors or poster designers, not the actors.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lobok posted:

Joke would work better if it seemed as though the characters were trying to block the other. Because it seems like it's the work of the actors or poster designers, not the actors.

I don't know about Blunt's but Dwayne is pretty pointedly holding that torch in front of her face in his.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't know about Blunt's but Dwayne is pretty pointedly holding that torch in front of her face in his.

His does work better because it could conceivably be an actual photograph of the two characters where one could be deliberately blocking the other person.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
It would work better if they seemed like they were definitely staged, making the position and obscuring seem like an intentional action on the subjects behalf. Instead, by going for mid-action, spontaneous shots, it looks like unintentional flubs that seem out of place for a high-profile subject.

Maybe it would read better if the posters went for DWAYNE THE ROCK JOHNSON and Emily Blunt
and
GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER EMILY BLUNT and Dwayne Jonson

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
All I can say is the movie better be 90 minutes of really corny dad jokes and puns.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Was Kevin Hart just not available? Their whole thing the past few years was one upping themselves and interrupting each others videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97O17q1L7uA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Those posters were for a gag. It was a advert on Facebook with them bantering about it and the real poster going to be released soon.