Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Azza Bamboo posted:

I feel like it should be motorised so you can push your butt against it like a grindstone.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

My bathroom would be greatly improved by having a motorized poop wheel installed.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Motronic posted:

That looks like a standard commercial sized dispenser roll, so probably not a gimmick. (I mean, the marketing is, but I bet that's en existing SKU that is sold commercially)

Nobody is buying that commercially. From my experiences.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Messadiah posted:

Like they let a pleb like you into the executive bathroom.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Motronic posted:

That looks like a standard commercial sized dispenser roll, so probably not a gimmick. (I mean, the marketing is, but I bet that's en existing SKU that is sold commercially)
Early in my life I worked a couple of jobs where changing toilet rolls was one of my responsibilities and every dispenser I saw that took rolls larger than standard household rolls had a much larger center spindle, something more like this: https://www.amazon.com/Scott-Essential-Jumbo-Commercial-Toilet/dp/B07H2JL69W

You could almost fit a normal household size roll inside a commercial roll.

Messadiah posted:

Also this. No one buys comfortable toilet paper in commercial size rolls. You're lucky to get two ply of any kind.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
The worst toilet paper I ever used was in the art building at my university. I don’t know why just that building, because the rest of campus was acceptable, but they had this waxy, completely non absorbent paper that failed so badly at being TP that some of us carried our own to class.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Warmachine posted:

My bathroom would be greatly improved by having a motorized poop wheel installed.

You should really think green and do away with the motor

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

NoneMoreNegative posted:

You should really think green and do away with the motor

That's what I said!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

The worst toilet paper I ever used was in the art building at my university. I don’t know why just that building, because the rest of campus was acceptable, but they had this waxy, completely non absorbent paper that failed so badly at being TP that some of us carried our own to class.
Did anyone ever use it as material for an art project?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I know exactly what paper that was:

My Lovely Horse posted:

Did anyone ever use it as material for an art project?

You could use it as tracing paper quite well.
What you couldn't use it for was toilet paper.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://youtu.be/vGCIGEUB32M

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Shut up Meg posted:

I know exactly what paper that was:

You could use it as tracing paper quite well.
What you couldn't use it for was toilet paper.

What the gently caress is the medicated part? And if it's council property it should be returned to the council after use.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

What the gently caress is the medicated part? And if it's council property it should be returned to the council after use.

It was soaked in disinfectant and it really was terrible stuff - literally tracing paper.

A Starbucks receipt is more absorbant and that's not hyperbole. The only advantage it had was that if you put it down in a damp area, it wouldn't get damaged..because it has zero absorbancy and WHO THE HELL THOUGHT THIS WAS SUITABLE AS TOILET PAPER???? (sorry, some unresolved issues there)

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Shut up Meg posted:

It was soaked in disinfectant and it really was terrible stuff - literally tracing paper.

A Starbucks receipt is more absorbant and that's not hyperbole. The only advantage it had was that if you put it down in a damp area, it wouldn't get damaged..because it has zero absorbancy and WHO THE HELL THOUGHT THIS WAS SUITABLE AS TOILET PAPER???? (sorry, some unresolved issues there)

Try Preparation H, should clear it up.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I need a roll of this, where can I get some, holy poo poo that's art. But seriously, I want to buy a roll.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
It has come to our attention that you have been flushing council property down the toilet.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

it's a joke gift box, a friend of mine used one this past christmas for a secret santa he was in at work

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap
https://i.imgur.com/fGRW1ru.jpg

Gamer toilet. For when you don't want bio breaks to get in the way of that WoW raid, I guess?

The his-and-hers toilet before that is more wtf, though, because it's set up so you can just look over and chat with the other person.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

if it's council property it should be returned to the council after use.

Well, "council" is the UK term for the local government, who likely run the local sewage treatment works, so...

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

tinytort posted:

Gamer toilet. For when you don't want bio breaks to get in the way of that WoW raid, I guess?

The his-and-hers toilet before that is more wtf, though, because it's set up so you can just look over and chat with the other person.

Pilot to copilot, as the old Philmont hands say.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

tinytort posted:

Sounds like something a fast casual or specialty restaurant would do.

Sit at our community toilets!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

tinytort posted:

GO 'WAY! 'RAIDIN'!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Lemniscate Blue posted:

:nexus::hf::nexus:

It's not as bad as that one toilet on a plinth in the middle of a forest clearing with no walls of any kind, but still magical. Nothing like finding a pooping buddy so a stranger couldn't join you.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It's not as bad as that one toilet on a plinth in the middle of a forest clearing with no walls of any kind, but still magical. Nothing like finding a pooping buddy so a stranger couldn't join you.

Theres one in the north country that is off any trail and has a beautiful view of colorado. Best sunrise poop location ever.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

the entire wilderness is a toilet, if you think about it

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Norway has an ongoing project of building nice/spectacular rest stops along the longer roads, partially for the safety benefits of tempting people to take more tests and for the tourist appeal. It includes some nice toilets.

https://www.abcnyheter.no/reise/inspirasjon/2019/07/09/195589546/sett-deg-ned-og-nyt-utsikten-du-er-pa-et-norsk-offentlig-toalett
(The video is relevant.)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

PainterofCrap posted:

GO 'WAY! 'RAIDIN'!
Get out Bart, I'm raid

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

From: https://imgur.com/gallery/zMe1OpN (no more pictures, but some descriptions)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

At first glance I thought that was some kind of horrible sausage.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Warmachine posted:

Sounds like something a fast casual or specialty restaurant would do.

Sit at our community toilets!

We're a farm to table to toilet concept

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Hotel in China being used as a quarantine site collapses, dozens trapped:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-hotel-collapse-idUSKBN20U0LW

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Blue Footed Booby posted:

They're not uncommon in federal parks. When you're only one of 6 people that walk the trail per year, you'll be fine.

You appreciate them, Much more comfortable than popping a squat. Unless you prefer that way but you have to into the woods for that and bring a shovel. I'd rather have a poo poo with a view.

mostlygray fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 8, 2020

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
one of the best community toilets I've seen was CBGB in STL

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
That bathroom is worse than county jail. Good job everybody.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Phanatic posted:

Hotel in China being used as a quarantine site collapses, dozens trapped:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-hotel-collapse-idUSKBN20U0LW

So are these added to the corona virus death toll, or..?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Arms_Akimbo posted:

That bathroom is worse than county jail. Good job everybody.

I dunno, the table would be nice for playing cards with the person on the other john.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Here's one from my 1999 trip.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

n0tqu1tesane posted:

For those unfamiliar, this is the other style: "pilot to bombardier".

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

n0tqu1tesane posted:

This looks like the setup for a magician to saw an assistant in half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

https://riotfest.org/2017/12/7-punk-toilets/

I pissed at #2 and it was very gross lol