Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I remember the old GBS thread about making GBS threads in the shower and someone realising finally why his friend kept a potato masher in the shower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

I remember the old GBS thread about making GBS threads in the shower and someone realising finally why his friend kept a potato masher in the shower

Jesus Christ.

Don't poo poo in the shower but if you're going to use your shower as a bidet at least put one of those filter covers over the plughole like you use to stop hairs clogging the drain and then cleaning it up later.

Goons are a curse.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

A shattaf is a hose thing that hangs beside the toilet OR built in to the back of a toilet. Not a separate bidet. They're very common in the Middle East and Indonesia.
And it doesn't half cut down on bog roll use!

https://shattafbidetsprayers.com/product-category/special-offers/

That actually looks amazing, although I'm not looking forward to explaining to literally everyone who comes to my house what the toilet shower is for.

Jose posted:

I have an unbridled hatred for poo related transgressions; it should be legal to murder this person and bury them at a crossroads with a stake through their heart. No jury on earth could possibly blame you.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Mar 7, 2020

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Jose posted:

So the press have clearly known about the pregnancy for ages and kept it under wraps imagine if they did that generally

https://twitter.com/10DowningStreet/status/1236233974009212928?s=19

So nice of the press not to mention that the notoriously philandering prime minister had knocked up his girlfriend - who seems to have got pregnant maybe around the time the police were called to her house to investigate a potential domestic assault - until he finally agreed to marry her. After an election.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

ThomasPaine posted:

:effort:

They all lead to the drain

Toilet pipework is designed (angles, diameters etc) to get the crap out efficiently but in baths etc it might sit in the pipework festering away.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Shattaf bidet sprayers.

Shattaf, bidets, prayers?

ThomasPaine posted:

:effort:

They all lead to the drain

They do, eventually, but the shitter has a much wider pipe.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
You don't actually poo poo in the shower jfc, just rinse off your rear end afterwards. Unless you've got one hell of a hairy crack you're not ending up with actual turd logs going down the plug.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

That actually looks amazing, although I'm not looking forward to explaining to literally everyone who comes to my house what the toilet shower is for.
"Washing my rear end." It's not like you're having to explain what your poop knife is for because you've got a terrible narrow bore toilet or something.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Toilet pipework is designed (angles, diameters etc) to get the crap out efficiently but in baths etc it might sit in the pipework festering away.
Yeah, this. Please do not poo poo anywhere except the toilet unless it's a literal Seaside Emergency.

I suppose you could poo poo somewhere with a waste macerator installed but I don't even know why I'm thinking along this path. Please poo poo in the proper place. Then wash your hands.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Comrade Fakename posted:

So nice of the press not to mention that the notoriously philandering prime minister had knocked up his girlfriend - who seems to have got pregnant maybe around the time the police were called to her house to investigate a potential domestic assault - until he finally agreed to marry her. After an election.

Look that's Boris Johnson our lord and leader, heir of distinguished ancestry; not some hippie who's never even gone to university (nevermind -proper- university) and dated a black woman!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you have as much hair as I do generally you probably don't relish the next time you have to unclog the shower also including little turd nuggets.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Shattaf, bidets, prayers?
Live laugh love but for wudhu.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Our daughter is fifteen months old and has just recently started to regularly poo in the bath. It is terrible and I’ve had to get a man to come and flush the pipes out twice since Christmas. Don’t put poo down the plughole .

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ThomasPaine posted:

You don't actually poo poo in the shower jfc, just rinse off your rear end afterwards. Unless you've got one hell of a hairy crack you're not ending up with actual turd logs going down the plug.

Too late tom you've been outed as a shower shitter

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sanford posted:

Our daughter is fifteen months old and has just recently started to regularly poo in the bath. It is terrible and I’ve had to get a man to come and flush the pipes out twice since Christmas. Don’t put poo down the plughole .

C... can't you just take them out before they go down the plug?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

stev posted:

Would depend if they come out in smooth logs or are flakey and fall apart in the bath water.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Christ, goons

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Français: le globe
Italiano: il globo
Deutsch: ein globus
Cymraeg: glôb

Sanford posted:

Caustic soda should shift poo poo from traps. By turning it into poo poo soap, which is a nice thought.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mr muscle can't even handle toddler turds smh

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

I do not like the direction this thread has taken today.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
How does a bidet/shattaf actually work? Surely it either has enough pressure to sort of hose the poo off (and thus potentially spray water everywhere) or it just sort of moistens your bumhole and still needs wiping but then you have to deal with soggy loo roll falling to bits.

I am ignorant in the ways of the arse hose.

E: sorry miftan

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Please tell us more about the mysteries of high pressure fecal abstersion.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Surprise T Rex posted:

How does a bidet/shattaf actually work? Surely it either has enough pressure to sort of hose the poo off (and thus potentially spray water everywhere) or it just sort of moistens your bumhole and still needs wiping but then you have to deal with soggy loo roll falling to bits.

It's got enough pressure to get the poo poo off your rear end, but not to rip your anus apart hth

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Bidet seat/Japanese toilet: You remain seated, the water has enough pressure to hose the poo off, but your arse and the rest of your body stops it from leaving the toilet because you're sat in the way.
Shattaf: The water has enough pressure to hose the poo off, but it has a trigger so it's only spraying when it can bounce off your arse and into the toilet, except in public toilets where water does go everywhere.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

Français: le globe
Italiano: il globo
Deutsch: ein globus
Cymraeg: glôb

Caustic soda should shift poo poo from traps. By turning it into poo poo soap, which is a nice thought.

Where is this from? I would possibly buy it from Belfast Brian Butterfield

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ireland Simpsons Fans posted it on FB. I don't know the original source.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

stev posted:

good idea! just popping into the kitchen to get my colander

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Shattaf: The water has enough pressure to hose the poo off, but it has a trigger so it's only spraying when it can bounce off your arse and into the toilet, except in public toilets where water does go everywhere.

The way most of these things are rigged without pressure control they can go from having the cleansing power of a stream of piss to accidental anorectal irrigation. As the former is pretty useless most places err towards the latter.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I clean my arse in the dyson airblade.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Miftan posted:

Would you say it’s driving you round the bend?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Surprise T Rex posted:

Either way you'd still need to dry it rendering the exercise pointless.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Anyone else been watching Noughts and Crosses? It's based on a book series by Maorie Blackman.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

stev posted:

For your own toilet, at home, you can just dry with a flannel afterwards, because your rear end is now clean.

The fancier Japanese toilets/washlets have a warm air dryer included.

Or just do this (don't).

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I clean my arse in the dyson airblade.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Miftan posted:

Sorry, I think that was my fault :blush:

Anyway, I can update the thread that I have in fact managed to buy some more bog roll, so there's no need for any further discussion of wiping alternatives!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

stev posted:

Actually in the Middle East you do see people who didn't dry after wandering about, usually because the weather is so hot clothes dry off in a matter of minutes. But it can be quite embarrassing to Western eyes. I remember my boyfriend (who had picked up Western sensibilities from hanging around with Westerners) having to tell his elderly father NOT to go out like that! (You wouldn't notice on those wearing traditional galabaya type clothing as the 'dress' covers you up).

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Flipswitch posted:

Anyone else been watching Noughts and Crosses? It's based on a book series by Maorie Blackman.

Oh is it any good? I remember the books being really well thought of.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

HopperUK posted:

Oh is it any good? I remember the books being really well thought of

I quite enjoyed the 45 minutes I saw (had to walk the dog) I do want to go read the books because of them.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Flipswitch posted:

I quite enjoyed the 45 minutes I saw (had to walk the dog) I do want to go read the books because of them.

Don't see why you couldn't "walk the dog" while watching it

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Time for some "toilet updating".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAEkVVlRhxA

I'd so get one of these if I had my own toilet.

escapegoat fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 7, 2020

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

escapegoat posted:

Time for some "toilet updating".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAEkVVlRhxA

I'd so get one of these if I had my own toilet.

Whose toilet do you have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Whose toilet do you have?

Landlords?

Look at mister moneybags here.