Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

1) The only item sinks in the game are Labs and basically traders due to how effective insurance is. This means that pretty much every normal item is at or near that price floor. The only times items are actually removed from the economy is when the price is so goddamn low that people literally cannot be hosed to list it on the flea market for 1% more than what a trader will get them for it. Introduce a durability or a chance to break upon death* to ALL wearable items (headphones, unarmored rigs, straps, weapons, backpacks, etc) so that things actually break. *preferred

Regular rigs / backpacks having durability would be amazing. Imagine if a rig slot could be damaged and have a chance for stuff to fall out when running. Or backpacks actually needing replacement.

quote:

3) There are incredibly profitable items to sell to traders for absolutely no reason, mainly bitcoin, several cases, tons of electronics, etc. They should simply let supply/demand manage the value of these items instead of creating stupid rear end price floors for literally no reason. Once again, there is effectively no point to barter items or other currencies if they can be readily converted to and from the main currency completely freely (see #2).

Truly, a voice of reason. Limited trader money would also help, resetting with their normal resets and global for all players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ambaire posted:

Regular rigs / backpacks having durability would be amazing. Imagine if a rig slot could be damaged and have a chance for stuff to fall out when running. Or backpacks actually needing replacement.

Truly, a voice of reason.

The fact that the dude who's basically never played the game is emphatically agreeing with this dude's suggestions should be a real red flag as to how garbage poo poo doo doo they are.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Play a different game.

no

lighten up bud

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The fact that the dude who's basically never played the game is emphatically agreeing with this dude's suggestions should be a real red flag as to how garbage poo poo doo doo they are.

Has SomethingAwful always been an rear end in a top hat echo chamber, or is this thread just particularly infested with them?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ambaire posted:

Truly, a voice of reason. Limited trader money would also help, resetting with their normal resets and global for all players.

Nah they already tried making tarkov a game about having the lowest ping to st peterburg and setting your alarm to go off when traders reset it was really dumb.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ambaire posted:

Has SomethingAwful always been an rear end in a top hat echo chamber, or is this thread just particularly infested with them?

yes

it owns

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

hakimashou posted:

Nah they already tried making tarkov a game about having the lowest ping to st peterburg and setting your alarm to go off when traders reset it was really dumb.

i mean there is an easy fix if you wanted to go that route, just have prices update every 60 seconds so ping doesn't matter, and have it be every 3.5 hours or something.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Whats a good sight for the MPx at 50 meters. The holographics kind of let me down by being way off zeroing I think... I am at the default FOV. Am I limited to using red dots because it's 9mm?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Toalpaz posted:

Whats a good sight for the MPx at 50 meters. The holographics kind of let me down by being way off zeroing I think... I am at the default FOV. Am I limited to using red dots because it's 9mm?

DeltaPoint?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

so many of the holos are completely stupid and off, i always just use the belomo it's always accurate and if you slap it on a backup/canted mount you get infinite ergo (ie instant ads, little to no sway, no stam drain)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay yeah it was the just P1X42. Just utter trash! I swapped to the UH-1 and it worked perfectly across a variety of ranges within 50m. But yeah I hear you on the PK-6. I like the delta point too I just don't like the beveling (is that the word for the frame?) and the 1x zoom vs 1.5 of the holographics.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Vortex is incredible. Also hot tip, the triangle on the bottom is zeroed for close range.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

use your irons, bitch

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Toalpaz posted:

cobra

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

Ambaire posted:

Dumb opinions

At least we won't have to read your stupid rear end ideas from a guy who literally doesn't play the game once the patch is released.
There is a much better number go up game... it's called the New York stock exchange. If you enjoy the lovely flea market so much then you can find an even bigger market with an even shittier interface over at Vanguard.
After you make your millions day trading you can buyout BSG from Nikita and post dumb suggestions in the thread.

I think Nikita changed the level requirement specifically to keep you from making GBS threads up the thread for a while. Maybe permanently because you don't actually play the loving game and have no idea what the gently caress your talking about.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

use your irons, bitch

Get a load of the guy who doesn't remove every sight off of his gun

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

:hmmyes:

The smoother the gun the better the raid.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
There's a lot of angry people in this thread who I hope will reset their accounts once the patch goes live in the spirit of testing!

The Flea Market change could be fine if they rework vendors at the same time. As it stands now you'll be stuck with iron sights for 15 levels if you're only looking at trader items. You can buy an ekp but nothing to put it on.

The people who cheesed their strength stat up early should have a real advantage with the stamina and weight changes too.

Edit: A good compromise I saw was to limit selling to level 15 but allow buying at 5. That should do the same thing to these bots while still allowing everyone else access to more gear choices before 15.

DrBox fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 8, 2020

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
remove flea market force players into meeting at dodgy back alleys or between train cars to do their deals

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

traders will be a real world location but you can kill prapor and take his stuff and he won't respawn until trader reset 100% real suggestion Nikita when

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

traders will be a real world location but you can kill prapor and take his stuff and he won't respawn until trader reset 100% real suggestion Nikita when

except prapor has like a bazilion scavs with laser aim and blast you if you even have a knife out

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DrBox posted:

The Flea Market change could be fine if they rework vendors at the same time. As it stands now you'll be stuck with iron sights for 15 levels if you're only looking at trader items. You can buy an ekp but nothing to put it on.

The people who cheesed their strength stat up early should have a real advantage with the stamina and weight changes too.

cobra

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Why... why did scav boss spawn/walk over to train...

and why did a scav spawn in the tunnels as I moved to press alarm button and was in healing animation after cleared the area killing another scav...

and why did that scav rng my face with shotgun..........

There's three more condensed milks underneath the menu.... and chocolate bars....

I slew three players so why....

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Toalpaz posted:

Why... why did scav boss spawn/walk over to train...

and why did a scav spawn in the tunnels as I moved to press alarm button and was in healing animation after cleared the area killing another scav...

and why did that scav rng my face with shotgun..........

There's three more condensed milks underneath the menu.... and chocolate bars....

I slew three players so why....

tarkov!!

e: actually its because you put a PK-06 on your MPX you disgusting piece of filth

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Yes, the Cobra mounted EKP. You can buy the sight, but not mount it on any of the guns available from level 1 traders.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ambaire posted:

Do you ever wonder why you almost never see items listed on the flea market for less than x price? It's because the vendors pay so much for them, with infinite money that never runs out. When I was camping diaries and flash drives, while noone was buying them to vendor, diaries could drop down to 25k and flash drives 40k before someone came along and bought them all out up to 40/56k just to sell to peacekeeper for 45k and 63k equivalents. (~$406 and ~$567). Infinitely according to player supply. How/why is that good game design?

Also, this would partly kill the market bots because infinitely buying various barter items and selling them to therapist wouldn't be viable anymore.

I'm not questioning the rarity. I'm not questioning how much it costs to obtain them. I'm questioning the absurd price the traders pay for them and the fact traders will buy effectively infinite of them if the player supply exists.

Also, magazine cases seem like a dumb case to argue about. Why are they so expensive? Because Therapist pays 318,750 for them. Why are empty blue fuel cans so expensive? Because they're used in that craft and the price has settled around what players are willing to pay for the profit. If magazine cases vendored for 100k, empty blue fuel cans would probably only be worth 10k apiece or less.

they pay that much for them because the items are rare and it sets a price floor so that theyre worth checking for in places they can spawn. magazine cases are 320k because early on inventory space is limited and the first expansions you get are the lower cost cases and they want to create goals for people to aim for with t heir income. you go from buying the cheap cases to being able to afford a junkbox, getting a weapons case, doing your first stash upgrade and so on. this would be extremely obvious if you like... played the game. your perspective on the game economy is very literally disconnected and the reason things seem arbitrary to you is because youre just playing the market and have no sense of what the progression is meant to be. the traders have infinite money and buy items by design its not some random accident, its them setting the basis for the economy while allowing them to adjust things. in a game where the economy is entirely or much more player driven things would probably get completely out of hand as a wipe goes on and money means less, having developer controlled price floors is an attempt to stop that happening.

also im not saying that what theyve done is perfect or entirely working as intended here, im just explaining basic concepts about the game and game economies that have a player market because apparently thats what we have to do at this point.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also your argument would make more sense if they werent about to raise the barrier to the player market to level 15 but with that happening what youre talking about is braindead lol

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Don’t do this lots of irons add ergo

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

causticBeet posted:

Don’t do this lots of irons add ergo

I remove the irons on my mosin then make cannon noises with my mouth when I fire it.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Cup Runneth Over posted:

tarkov!!

e: actually its because you put a PK-06 on your MPX you disgusting piece of filth

^ what did you think would happen?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dont get the pk06 bit still do i need to spend time watching bad tarkov streamers or something to understand

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
I love how every recent change is almost intended to kick new players straight in the nuts repeatedly.

Raid in with your Lvl 1 Trader weapons and PS ammo, laptop running your maps and wiki pages, and get smashed in the first two minutes. Then since you can’t just pick up healing and food/water on the flea, you’re spending at Therapist for even more between raids. Either that or wait 20-30 minutes to even play for healing or scav timers (not to mention queuing times). Traders are going to need a serious rework if they want to improve player on boarding at all.

I’m not too worried about the changes myself, but for someone learning the game fresh it’s going to be rear end.

Tarkov should be a free to play mobile game

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Stux posted:

dont get the pk06 bit still do i need to spend time watching bad tarkov streamers or something to understand

play the game and before long you'll see a very distinct pattern emerge with all the awful tryhard scrub people you kill or find dead

alternatively just look at the gun with your eyes

also, for god sakes dont watch 'streamers'

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

InevitableCheese posted:

I love how every recent change is almost intended to kick new players straight in the nuts repeatedly.

Raid in with your Lvl 1 Trader weapons and PS ammo, laptop running your maps and wiki pages, and get smashed in the first two minutes. Then since you can’t just pick up healing and food/water on the flea, you’re spending at Therapist for even more between raids. Either that or wait 20-30 minutes to even play for healing or scav timers (not to mention queuing times). Traders are going to need a serious rework if they want to improve player on boarding at all.

I’m not too worried about the changes myself, but for someone learning the game fresh it’s going to be rear end.

Tarkov should be a free to play mobile game

the game has too many players its why matching takes so long, this change will be good for us

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stux posted:

No just play the game and notice that literally every sweaty massive kitted gun has a tiny PK06 on top. Also 1001ad recommended it as "meta" so, you know

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i use the pk06 on everything cos i like the sight picture and it feels accurate at max fov and i havnt found another sight i like as much

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Put some tape on your monitor and hip fire at anything under 100 yards. Bring your favorite 4x for anything further.

Also class 6 armor owns because you can ignore scavs.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i was using the walther mrs but it feels off for some reason

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Stux posted:

i use the pk06 on everything cos i like the sight picture and it feels accurate at max fov and i havnt found another sight i like as much

shame on you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stux posted: