Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

President Ark posted:

juggs is the K6BD equivalent of an ophanim, which is one of the more :wtc: things in the bible

I played an Ophanim in a game of Steve Jackson's version of In Nomine once. A driver working the Archangel of Destiny. Fun times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Juggs is only somewhat wheel-shaped.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Okay see I know that Abaddon said the original text in the page where Juggs is talking to Maya after their armour got exploded mischaracterised them as a moody tsundere and that's why he changed it, but this page is kind of really reinforcing that original reading

e/ regarding the body, iirc we've been told that thorn knights grow to resemble their armour, which is part of why it's so hosed up that they make it themselves.

Check out the shoulders and arms especially on this page, they're not just humanoid, it's like they've just been popped out of a thorn knight shaped jelly mould. Juggernaut probably hasn't always looked like this, and I'd bet their original form was much closer to the winged wheel.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Mar 8, 2020

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I feel like how angry Juggernaut Star tires so quickly is extremely relatable

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think it's interesting that to remain the spiky skeleman Juggs has to put energy into it, because every time they tucker out, they go back to being a bishounen babe

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

“Juggernaut Star! You’re a... you’re a....”

“Yes, White Chain. It’s true: I’m a goth .”

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I like Jugg's withered wings

And dreams of obliteration *puts on a Fields of the Nephilim album*

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Watch Vigilant Gaze follow them to the void too to continue lecturing, instead of obliterating Jugg's (secondary?) physical shell.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

YaketySass posted:

I love my beautiful Orange Peel Angel.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
This thread went from hating White Chain for being an angel cop, but has turned around to liking Juggs the angel Nazi pretty fast. Y'all confuse me.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 8, 2020

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Such is the power of sad bishies

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Who What Now posted:

This thread went from hating White Chain for being an angel cop, but has turned around to liking Juggs the angel Nazi pretty fast. Y'all confuse me.

It's possible to feel sympathy for a villain and still acknowledge they're bad. And besides, this comics' main theme is about subverting expectations of what people/beings are expected to be, so of course there's gonna be some emotional whiplash.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Who What Now posted:

Juggs can simultaneously be 1. bad and 2. have a cool design that I want to talk about

they're a fictional character, not literal real-life Hitler

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Destroying their wings might be a part of becoming a Thorne.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I was guessing the wings were tattered during the whipping punishment Juggs went through.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I was guessing the wings were tattered during the whipping punishment Juggs went through.

Nah, if you look back at previous pages, all Thorn Knights have mutilated wing-stumps.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

If lashing is a common punishment for transgressions in the Thorns then it stands to reason that they would all eventually have little wing nubs left and not much else.

Or it could be a side effect of stuffing themselves inside bodies they were never meant to fit in.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm pretty sure losing one's wings is part of becoming a Thorn, since none of the others we saw had them either, and Metatron has all those feathers protruding from his cracks/wounds.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Who What Now posted:

People live following webcomics tend to have emotional feelings about characters depending on exactly what is happening on the current page. Notice how everyone stopped yelling at white chain the exact second she stopped actively beating up Allison.

The webcomic follower lives in a single everlasting present, without past or future.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Roland Jones posted:

I'm pretty sure losing one's wings is part of becoming a Thorn, since none of the others we saw had them either, and Metatron has all those feathers protruding from his cracks/wounds.

Those were Metatron’s angelic body trying to break out of its shell, weren’t they?

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011

Whitenoise Poster posted:

People live following webcomics tend to have emotional feelings about characters depending on exactly what is happening on the current page. Notice how everyone stopped yelling at white chain the exact second she stopped actively beating up Allison.

The webcomic follower lives in a single everlasting present, without past or future.

I miss Oscar

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Who What Now posted:

ahem

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bussamove posted:

Those were Metatron’s angelic body trying to break out of its shell, weren’t they?

We sure he's not just full of owls?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I have a friend who finds Juggernaut's total nightmare wreckage persona really interesting and compelling, while finding White Chain's trying-to-do-the-right-thing story much less so.

I personally really like White Chain when she's not going all in for the angels, and really hope she punches Juggernaut Star very hard very soon.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

The thing is, White Chain is friends with Alison and should definitely know better than to do the enormously dumbass poo poo she's doing. Juggernaut's stupidity is of a more esoteric and abstract nature.

I don't think it's weird that an audience would find a personal betrayal much more of a sticking point than aloof villainy.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
White Chain is presented as a protagonist and so when White Chain does shithead stuff it's a bigger deal than when the antagonist shithead Nazi angel does shithead Nazi angel stuff, which one would expect. When shithead Nazi angel is potentially not doing shithead Nazi stuff, that is also interesting and a big deal.

But yeah it's like if your friend says "I just read this really interesting book, have you heard of Jordan Peterson?" vs if you see some bad take on Twitter.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

All Concordant Knights Are Bastards.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

Juggs can simultaneously be 1. bad and 2. have a cool design that I want to talk about

they're a fictional character, not literal real-life Hitler

hitlers character design.. frankly, my compliments to the artist

Whitenoise Poster posted:

exactly, lol at consuming media and thinking about it wtf :stare:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

SardonicTyrant posted:

All Concordant Knights Are Bastards.

Still works as ACKAB :getin:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I only just got the reference in Juggs name. The original real-world Juggernaut was a huge wheeled device used for religious processions...

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Tree Bucket posted:

I only just got the reference in Juggs name. The original real-world Juggernaut was a huge wheeled device used for religious processions...

Actually, that was the British description of the vehicle used to transport the image of Jagganoth around. ‘Juggernaut’ is a British colonial corruption of Jagganoth.

E: sorry, to be clear, of the IRL deity Jagganoth is clearly referencing. It would be pretty hosed up to just name a villain after an actual and historically maligned object of worship!

EE: also the deity in question is here, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagannath and phonetically very close to Jagganoth.

Joe Slowboat fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 9, 2020

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggernaut

quote:

The word is probably derived from the Sanskrit/Odia Jagannātha (Devanagari जगन्नाथ, Odia ଜଗନ୍ନାଥ) "world-lord", combining jagata ("world") and natha ("lord"), which is one of the names of Krishna found in the Sanskrit epics.

From a cursory web search, the form "Jagganoth" seems limited to K6BD and World of Warcraft.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
The WoW one is a KSBD reference also

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1237090756839583744

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

operant

buddy

no open-top water glasses near computers

Seriously tho, I had to buy one of my coworkers a reusable water bottle after the third time he spilled a glass of water on his computer. He always forgot to use it it and went on to spill one more time. And then spilled a cup of coffee too.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Ouch, been there, it feels really lovely to ruin your own electronics that way. Like.. if it just fails, whatever, things break. But doing it to yourself brings all that self-loathing and "ugh why didn't I..." questions.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

is the water Royal? discuss

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yes, but Operant isn't.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS

Rotten Red Rod posted:

operant

buddy

no open-top water glasses near computers

Seriously tho, I had to buy one of my coworkers a reusable water bottle after the third time he spilled a glass of water on his computer. He always forgot to use it it and went on to spill one more time. And then spilled a cup of coffee too.

it goes in the very corner of my desk, the very corner, this was an unbelievable freak accident of amazing scale, literally nothing else was touched, it made a beeline right for my productivity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

No way, that water was gunning for your most expensive equipment. That's how it always goes!

Seriously though I've kinda banned water glasses in our office and I get real annoyed if I see anyone with one now, haha. It spilling is kind of inevitable, and it ALWAYS seems to go right on the keyboard. At least we elevate the laptops now so it'll just got on the wireless keyboard instead of the computer itself.

That said I am the dingus who keeps dropping my phone into the shower